Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8081

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • CalvinIsAwesome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Ok, i have a couple situations where teamkilling happened and i would like you opinion on who was at fault. I was either a participant or i witnessed both of these. All players mentioned here are high ranking, and know to shoot only the reds. People in the two scenarios are not the same people. Person A and B are on the same team in both scenarios.

#1: Person A was flying slowly behind Person B (Both in the Fokker E. III), and apparently got boerd, and started shooting circles around his teammate, Person B. Person B thinks that this is a sign of aggression, flips over, and begins to shoot - probably with intent to kill- at Person A. Person A quickly kills Person B with a short burst of bullets. Who was at fault here? Should Person A or B be banned if one teamkill, or attempted teamkill could get you banned?

#2: Person A is spawnkilling the enemy in a kill the carrier match. Person B tells Person A to stop three times with no change in the spawnkilling, which probably annoys person B. After the fourth time, Person B promptly responds by telling Person A to, "Go f*ck him/herself". Apparently angered, Person B flys in, and quickly kills Person A. Should Person A or B be banned if one teamkill, or attempted teamkill could get you banned? Since it can't, for the rest of the match, Person A would kill Person B on sight. Person B never fired back, but died three times. Who should be banned after that if three teamkills could get you banned?

Thanks for your oppinions, and sorry for the long reads. I'll reveal names (Ones i remember) after a few responses.
See you in the skies!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by CalvinIsAwesome.

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8110

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Also, what do u think should happen to teamkillers? How do u think punishment should work? Obviously there are accidents, being asked so that the person can tank, and then theres just being a jerk and killing everything in sight. Ive also had to kill my own hangers to kill enemy tanks when i didnt have the time to kill with bullets cuz they were taking out our hangers, using one for cover so that even if he got bombed, some hangers would die.
See you in the skies!

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8114

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
I would post about my opinion -- but I'd rather keep it to myself.

If it's accidental, I could care less. I'm pretty anti-tank spawn killing and team killing however. I just warn the players in-game; but if they continue I'll kick them.

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8115

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Haha why keep it to yourself? I want to know what people think. I think that person b was at fault in #1 andit was kinda 50/50 in #2. Maybe a bit more person bs fault.
See you in the skies!

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8124

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Because you're Person A.

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8129

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
And I've been Person B. I definitely will shoot to kill if Person A hits me and doesn't apologize (indicates malicious intent). I remember once I wasn't hit but I asked Person A to knock it off, but the bullets kept flying from behind me and very close. I turned and killed him. When I am flying toward the enemy, the last thing I need to worry about is whether a teammate is going to hit me with a stray shot while playing around, or an intentional shot because he's bored. I don't need to be checking my six and ignoring what's ahead.

To be clear, if I am in a firefight and get nailed by a teammate, I certainly give him/her benefit of the doubt! Most people will say SRY when they finally break free. Stuff happens during a fight.

Manfred

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8132

• Backwood
  • Thank you received: 1
I totally agree with u Manfred if they shoot at me I shoot back and if by chance I do hit a teammate I most defiantly always apologize ....as soon as I can type without getting shot myself that is lol but one thing its usually players that still have striped ranks that shoot there own team ...noobs as many of us call them so alot of the time I tell them don't shoot blue names and if they still do it I shoot them down.... but if I ever get shot down by someone of seasoned rank I usually give them the benefit of a doubt as it being a mistake.....

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8134

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Apologies are always the best bet when you're the shooter of a team mate. :)

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8137

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62

Manfred wrote: Stuff happens during a fight.

While I am very new to the game I've shoot down two friendlies (totally by accident) and I was surprised as I was not really shooting close to them (or so I thought) - at the time I had only two kills so I felt a little more than sheepish - two bad guys and two friendlies. Gad...

I did have an interesting occurrence in one game where an opposition player 'let me live' and gave me a tip on flying - and I then preceded to track and fly with him for a little - actually fun cavorting with the 'enemy'. Shortly though, like a cat with a mouse, he got tired of the playing and brought me down. I did get back in several times only to raise his score some more.

As to typing a message while playing, I am almost as impressed by those who seem to do it easily as those who shoot straight! I almost fell off the chair the other day in a cafe putting in body-english to help steer the plane (didn't help!) - very hard typing and flying at the same time!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8140

• Backwood
  • Thank you received: 1
About the typing and flying same time if u use joystick its almost impossible but if u use phone axis then when typing just tilt slightly back and u will get hang of it
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8176

• ysmen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • SSSST.... it's my turn to kill you.
  • Thank you received: 12
I give two warnings, he or she dont listen then ill shot him or her down. Only to protect my self.

Re: Teamkilling 12 years 2 months ago #8177

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
youve got me on being Person A in #1, Slenderman. I accually wasnt a participant in #2, i had just bombed the carrier and was mopping up a couple guys that were giving my teammates trouble.
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds