Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Submarine mission 2 years 5 days ago #385581

• ..OWL..{WP*}
  • ..OWL..{WP*}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 108
German Base is way closer to sub. Not fair play just saying 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Submarine mission 2 years 4 days ago #385586

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Yeah I know. Originally I used both lakes but the problem with the west lake is that is way farther from the german side. By a larger amount. And that many airplanes took forever to arrive to the action area or ran out of fuel soon. It was only ok for Mixed wars, but for WW1 is became too boring if done that way.

There was no easy solution, the best I could do was to make the submarines popup more often near the south. Also once they are submerged, it pretty much doesn't matter because it's all solved in air combat.

Lastly, I check the stats to balance the games as much as possible. So far it seems to be ok.

For WW1 games, the Allied side won 44 games vs the German side only won 26. So it seems the allied side has a clear advantage, but it's not as simple because in WW1 games many times the allied side is alone.

For Mixed games, the Allied side won 90 and the German 111. Not a huge disparity so far.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Phillipson, Pegoud, OUTLAW_WAR, Sly Eye

Last edit: by zuperman.

Submarine mission 2 years 8 hours ago #385606

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
why not put a aa gun on the sub and have them team defend it have one side defend and one attack similar to the train mission also there is a glitch seems when you join the sub game you can see the sub and others who start the game earlier cant
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385623

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
the submarine doesn't stay up long enough for the AA gun to be really useful. I had it there but after some testing, it didn't make sense to keep it.

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385645

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
just have one sub and why not keep the sub up and let it slowly submerge over time one defend it and one to sink it similar to bring down bomber missions. If the sub submerges  the defenders win if it sunk aggressors win .  would be cool to land on sub and man a aa gun from German side as its closer and give time to do so while allies fly from the base thats further away
The following user(s) said Thank You: OUTLAW_WAR, ..OWL..{WP*}

Last edit: by dognamitt.

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385646

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That was the original idea, similar to the zep mission: one defends, one tries to bring it down.
But the issue is that, unlike the zep, the submarine is restricted to the lake and it provides a huge advantage to one of the sides. If germans got to defend it, they are near it compared to the allied side. If i switch places, the allied would need to defend it but they are way too far.

Then I tried flipping with lakes, same issue because one lake is way far from the other base and so on. At the end the best combination was to have 2 submarines in the same lake and let them submerge more often so that people would have enough time to fly to the area no matter which team they were assigned and do a little dogfighting while they waited to reappear.

As for the machine gun, things sound "cool" but the reality is that almost nobody uses them. Adding guns to the carriers for instance was requested a million times, I added them. How many times do you see people using those guns? Rarely. They do, but about 3% of the carrier games. People prefer to fly, not to land and use machine guns on them. And that's in a carrier that is designed for people to take off and land on it. A submarine is not a place to land your airplane, to begin with.

I'm also giving thought to the possibility of the submarine launching a missile attack, but it's still in progress.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, dognamitt, Pegoud

Last edit: by zuperman.

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385647

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
I have not play that mission, but for what I you wrote maybe you can explore making the submarine enter game from the far side of the lake that is close to were the train mission starts. that way the two teams have to travel almost the same distance to get to it. or maybe delay the take off one side. The idea of the sub to be able to fire at base sound great, will bring more of a challenge . Thank you for all the new upgrades Zup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, D dusty65, Pegoud

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385648

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
any chance of a tank only mission i love playing in the tank the spy mission is no fun .place a flag in middle of map and have everyone start in a tank first to the flag is a winner
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Pegoud

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385649

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

Great idea, Roy. No flag make it a target the tank needs to hit.

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Submarine mission 1 year 11 months ago #385668

• ..OWL..{WP*}
  • ..OWL..{WP*}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 108
Tanks bomb hangers just like plane gotta get close to bomb. Something different there would be people that aren't as good in plane and better in tank special rank in tanks give all the old timers something to shoot for just saying

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.971 seconds