Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385060

• Cue Ball
  • Cue Ball's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

Man,has this been the main talk mostly in DF. I'm making a motion to the DF community to please add to this post if you would like the planes to go back to individual turning radiuses. Tighter turning. What I see now is people won't even turn back to stop you from bombing because it takes to long. Please add. This does not include changing the dead zone back to same state of deadness. Thanks for that fix zup. I know Zup listens to community. Only add your name/ banner if your in favor.
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385063

• keel8166
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I ABSOLUTELY want planes back to the way they were! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385066

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
Hola Don Q!!!
yes all planes from WW1 and WW2 are definitely slower. can't understand what happened but we sure need more speed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385067

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I understand what you are saying, but the turn speed was crazy fast. Consider that doing a full 360 on a regular airplane is about 2 minutes. Modern jets can do it in about 18 seconds. Old ww1 and ww2 no way less than a minute. And they are turning at 14 seconds (not even a modern jet can do that).

I'm still adjusting some turning on slow airplanes, but before I saw some planes turning in 7 seconds. It was insane. Not even a car can do that. So nope, it won't go back to the way it was, especially because it made no difference to have upgraded one airplane to the max or one with minimum specs. It didn't make any sense how it was structured. I will adjust some to turn faster, but 14 seconds for a full 360 is already wayyyyy too fast, and asking to lower it is non-sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl, Pegoud

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385068

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
well it was crazy fast alright and fun, but I guess it's adjustment time and learn to live with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Pegoud

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385069

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

I like the turning. It has eliminated a PC player advantage for us poor old tilt players.

RIP CRAZYWOLF

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385070

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
  • Thank you received: 2433
This game never going to be realistic...
you need some standard what work on top tier planes  5 speed 5 manuever upgrade that is -+0 ( let say it's 10 sec 360 horisontal  no bombs). And A transport speed on  full trottle base to base 45 sec.  A a reference... The work your way down  add bombs. Makes + time  on manuever and speed. And be consistent... Not depending on the real facts  more  related to  your upgrades... 
watch your six,dude

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385071

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That's exactly how it is done right now. I set the top for everything and then i trim it down to the lower levels.

The game doesn't intend to be realistic, otherwise, most people wouldn't play it. But I also don't want it to be ridiculously arcade type. 14 seconds for a full turn is super fast already. I'm considering if to make it faster for the lower tier airplanes since some needs about 30 seconds and I'm probably lowering it to 20. Again, when I flew real airplanes, a 30 seconds turn at max speed would basically split the airplane in two and have you vomit the windshield. Since most got used to those hyper fast turn, they feel now it's slow but they are actually very fast.

This method also solves the turning differences between platforms. As someone mentioned, PC and mobile would turn very differently. Now, they should all turn very very similar. If it takes 20 seconds to turn and you think it slow, consider everyone else also needs 20 seconds. So you have that time to think what's your next movement to try to gain an edge on the opponent.

The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Cue Ball, Pegoud

Last edit: by zuperman.

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385072

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
  • Thank you received: 2433
Yes np with it if it is similar on every plattform.
however there seems to be players that perceives that something is different... The play they use to fly feel to slow ... We  as are active players, we are very sensitive if something being different when new update is on demand. ..

I think most of us that feel a bit frustrated when no more experience the game is what it once was ( for example after a bigger update) ..of course they going to point that out especially if they feel the performance changed so radical they are feeling inferior .. right or wrong im not to say .. but my observation is some have had  preformed with extra speed,  turn  or hit capacity... And that makes it hard to accept with  new conditions...

I know i been there, felt that  for many years until a friendly soul told me try another provider ..   ( wwent from Muicrosoft store to steam... Huge difference)

Im sure if you ask some players on different plattforms to try out an idea, as testpilots, you be the first to hear about  their experience... Could be a great help to tweak the game so the most of players feel it is evenly for most of the players all together.
watch your six,dude
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, Cue Ball

Last edit: by Doggy Dix.

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385076

• keel8166
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
If that’s the way it is then so be it. But a spad should never be able to keep up with a decked out spitfire bombs or not while turn fighting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Doggy Dix

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385077

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Bueno a mí me gusta el giro rápido,claro que lo más importante es adecuar el juego a todos por igual,lo máximo posible para que no haya muchas diferencias entre plataformas,vamos a intentar adaptarnos y a ver que tal va resultando,creo que los giros son lentos en general en ambas guerras para lo que eran antes,pero bueno si esto sirve para equiparar las plataformas pues perfecto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385079

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Please try the 1.2.9 update since I've changed it to make it a bit faster for turns. Not as fast as before but considerably faster than in 1.2.8
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl

Petition to return planes to there original turning . 2 years 2 months ago #385084

• Cue Ball
  • Cue Ball's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

Thank you all for taking time to respond. I know there were several who did not add. Coyote and Sniper are some. And especially thank you Zuperman for listening,your input, and adjustments. Now I need to think of something else to whine about. Im totally kidding Zup. I wasn't acting alone and I have read every post and see the points you and others have made. Peace. Zup. Might as well close this one up. Thanks again for your time.
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.518 seconds