Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384519

• pinkstar30
  • pinkstar30's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1738
So I have a question .. do u take request from paying players? If so, I have a request for u and I don't believe I'm the only one who thinks like this... the noob shields are utterly ridiculous!  Plz do something about that. Noone here that was here years ago had a shield. My kdr was so bad it wasn't funny. Took me a long time to straighten it out. It's still not great. We all got our butts shot off, spawnkilled till it wasn't funny. But we all learned how to deal with it, get up and fight back, we learn3d to shoot. So will the newbies. If u absolutely have to give them something then I think I 5-10 shot shield should be sufficient  cuz I'm telling ya some of them noobs aim at t bad at all. Was in game a min ago.. me and cueball against 5 reds at one point. 4 of those were noob accounts..  being outnumbered is hard hard enough but add in the noob shield  against 4 of them?! Come on man.. I was spot on shot one of them 20 times only to die.. get back in air shoot them 5 more times.. die again.. get up and register 3 more hits before they died!... that's insane zup!  Plz do something.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Sharp Shooter, V.Huntress War, DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, Sniper-92, Pagan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384522

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I take requests from everyone, paying or not. I just listen and decide what I consider best.

I'm still adjusting the noob shield but I think it has worked wonders for new players, let me explain.

The main issue of the game is to get new players since the store doesn't list the game on top unless I pay a fortune on ads (it used to list based on reviews). And the situation was such like this:
- New player joins, the first time. Gets assigned a room with a level 30 or a Moraf even. The MORAF totally destroys this person. The player leaves, post a review complaining this is too hard, and never comes back.

Everyone lost. The moraf is super happy he destroyed a noob and got his points, but he doesn't realize he just kicked a future player out of the game forever and little by little he will always be alone in games.

My decision:
Split based on rank. But at certain hours not many people plays, so I put everyone together.
This means, if enough people are playing, YOU will never have this shield issue. You will not see any noobs whatsoever. No problem for you.

But if almost nobody is connected at that time, a MORAF will see a noob. And realize this is already a problem: almost nobody is playing because you've got placed together, and this noob has to see a top player in their first games. So what is better? He has a shield or that he gets destroyed without mercy and leaves forever?

You may think: hey, I didn't have that advantage. Not so true. When you joined the game years ago there were many new players coming all the time. You got assigned to higher ranks often but you also got split into lower ranks much more often. So it was more balanced. It is not the case right now where this person would probably play for half-hour and see nobody, so I have to protect these new players until they reach a certain rank.

30 hits are too much? Maybe, that's why I keep track of the stats. I began with 45 hits max, I lowered it to 30 already. Maybe I lower it a bit more, but understand that I didn't make this change without thinking it through. Also, if you need 30 hits is because you are WAY over ranked to this player. That's the maximum. Most players won't need more than 7.

In your case, this player is probably someone with an older account that just created a new one, because new players won't be able to bring you down twice as you described. They are usually not even able to figure out aiming and rotating at the same time when they begin.

In summary, if enough people are playing, you will never have this shield issue. You will not see any noobs whatsoever. I hope this change helps achieve that state. Since I added the shield, the retention rate for new players is over 40 times more! So it has made a huge impact that higher ranks didn't push noobs out so easily.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, nebular, Pegoud, Pagan

Last edit: by zuperman.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384523

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755

are they new players your retaining becuse to me some seem like they are just too good to be so. i seen a few players comment about maybe starting a new account just so they can play ww1 again wrote:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball

Last edit: by dognamitt.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384524

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
are they new players your retaining becuse to me some seem like they are just too good to be so. i seen a few players comment about maybe starting a new account just so they can play ww1 again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, V.Huntress War, nebular, Sniper-92, Pagan

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384527

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369
So if possible to make these accounts that are in the same IP address and mac address receive the same number of hits of main account?!

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, nebular, Pagan

Last edit: by V.Huntress War.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384528

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Changing the system just so that older players don't create a new account is not such a big problem as retaining real new players.
But my point is that if enough people are playing, you won't even see these players at all, new or not new.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Pagan

Last edit: by zuperman.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384531

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369
As the shields are based on ranking for example: A older player could easily create an account massacre the noobs and have advantage over other veterans. If the intention is to protect the pure noobs.

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Doggy Dix

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384532

• Pagan
  • Thank you received: 124
Just a thought , how about doing away with the noob shield but increasing the size of the kill area required for lower ranks to make a kill. As the lower ranked pilots get better and rise through the rank so the size of the kill area they would need will  decrease. That way noob against noob , moraf against moraf and noob against moraf would be fairer. I know it’s similar to a noob shield but the actual hitting of any plane is harder for a noob so by increasing the target area would be a great help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Doggy Dix, dognamitt, nebular, Pegoud

Last edit: by Pagan. Reason: Spelling error

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384544

• Doggy Dix
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • jösses !
  • Thank you received: 2433
Recognized that some noob account rank up very fast...

Might be there's a free week for try out .. some of the established takes advantage on... Thats wrong..
They might have their reasons, thou
watch your six,dude
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, V.Huntress War, nebular

Last edit: by Doggy Dix.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384560

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
I have not been able to play much with the noobs at WW1 server since my subscription with google is still pending because of a problem with the gift card; but I have played games with a few of them that has been sent to the WW2 server. In my case I let them shoot me down to help them with their aim. I do not tell them I am letting myself get kill…I just go slower and or shoot near them but not at them. (Humm that is the way I usually shoot at everyone now that I think about it LOL) I’m some instances I do shoot at them so they get the feel that they are in a real game scenario; but yes, I think I have not managed to shoot many down because they crash before I can register the kill.  I see how in a full-on game they could be annoying to get down when they are coming near your base, but I see it more as a challenge. We are talking about noobs… we had the upper hand on them as veterans and now they have the upper hand on us; because they are harder to kill? I do not think so. What I see is that the shield breaks the comfort zone of the head on shooting style that many players use. So, we must adapt our style of playing to try and shoot down these new /old newbies. As veteran players you still have the upper hand of having better and faster planes; so, change strategies to out maneuver them and dogfight them. What we need is for those fresh players to have an enjoyable experience with the game so that they stay. If we as veterans do not help them and look for a way to get the easy kills back by lowering their learning shield, then we will lose them. If we are worried about the points things again then we are losing the perspective of the game which is to have fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Cue Ball, DireWolf{WP****}, [NLR]Mysterio, nebular, Pegoud, Pagan

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384570

• Pagan
  • Thank you received: 124
Hi Zup , was just in a game when I had a message saying my speed was too slow so I did a speed test and found my speed was 39.50m download and 10.59m upload , if this is too low have fast does it have to be please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, nebular

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384588

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ignore that message. It just means the internet connection was bad for a moment between you and the server. It can be the server, even facebook and whatsapp has issues from time to time. You should only worry if this message is displayed very often.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Pegoud, Pagan

Request for zuperman 2 years 3 months ago #384594

• Cue Ball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

Zup,I'm not against what you did. I think it was over the top though. Remember we all worked hard to get were we are at. Are girl made a point a lot of us let noobs practice  shoot us down. Dog said there's second accounts and there is. I've been around as Dog has and know a noob , from a natural, to a second account. Can you just tweak it down a bit. I'm not the greatest shot,but this is affecting my stats. I don't mind that if it came from those loyal to df. I've said my peace,now a word from my butt. Totally kidding
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds