Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I actually can’t get on a game now 2 years 4 months ago #384298

• Rick Grimes
  • Rick Grimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 44
Zup hope you see this, I can’t use any of my ww1 planes at all….so unless I get on with my hurricane, I cannot play at all.
Tony   …..also if I check the ww1 box in settings, there is no x or tick to indicate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rick Grimes. Reason: Additional info.

I actually can’t get on a game now 2 years 4 months ago #384309

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
What rank are you?
Also, are you a subscriber? The ww1 option is only for subscribers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular, Juan Marni, Rick Grimes

I actually can’t get on a game now 2 years 4 months ago #384314

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
Hey Mad! Yeah, since latest update, nobody around rank 30 or more can use WW1 planes, as they're showed as 'old'. This is supposed to end all harassing against jets, but I still don't understand 100% why this was done, as it leaves in fact WW1 and WW2 only rooms, with the only  difference that you face noobs at their WW1s in your WW2. 

Subscribers have now the choice to play at WW1 only rooms. You just need to check this box at 'Settings'. This is the only way to use WW1s if you're high ranked now. 

But what happens if you aren't subscribed? Then, if you have too much rank, this will appear even in your best WW1 aircraft:

On the other hand, you'll be able to use WW2s (but be careful, some are now premium to use, not only to buy!). 

All this has an unexpected consequence..., which is what happened to you. IF YOU DON'T HAVE WW2 PLANES IN ONE OF THE TEAMS, YOU WON'T BE ALBLE TO PLAY WITH THAT TEAM. And the most extreme consequence, you won't be able to play if you don't have WW2s at any of the sides so you'll just be stuck in your progress. 

I consider myself as a lucky guy as, despite having lost my precious WW1s, I have two WW2 planes, curiously one at each side. Not as disappointing as for you. 

I hope all this helped you and happy holidays! 
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, DireWolf{WP****}, Pegoud, Paco Zorapel, Rick Grimes

I actually can’t get on a game now 2 years 4 months ago #384317

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Yep, good summary.
The question now is... I gave a full standalone server to whoever wants to play only WW1 games. They don't use it because they don't want to subscribe. I gave what was asked.

Solutions? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, nebular

Last edit: by zuperman.

I actually can’t get on a game now 2 years 4 months ago #384323

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Hi Zup, 
First, I want to thank you for the stand-alone WW1 server. I just left a game in that server with 5-6 players. It may take some time to get people to join and get the word out. On our end we will spread the word to join the WW1 games. Plus, the holidays might be keeping people busy. I bet by the New Year word is out. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Acegirl, nebular, Alex Galt, Pegoud, Rick Grimes

I actually can’t get on a game now 2 years 4 months ago #384329

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
You should leave it as it is and like Dire said give them time. Or eliminate the subscription for the exclusive WW1 server but make them subscribe to use the 3 top WW1 planes. They will be able to play the WW1 but if they want the top planes they still must subscribe or pay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinkstar30, Pegoud, Rick Grimes

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds