Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383599

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I'm working on a large update that should be ready soon.

One thing that will not be so obvious on the update will be the new "protection" on the statistics. Next to the Paint icon, there will be one that looks like an explosion and that will have several bars.

1 bar = they need to hit you 4 regular times to bring you down.
2 bars = they will need to hit you 7 times.
3 bars = they will need to hit you 14 times.

Different airplanes will have different protection qualities. This way some airplanes that may be slow or large in shape, will have large protection. Or shield. Or however, you want to call it.

To give you an example, the Airco DH2 since is the lowest airplane will get a bit more protection so they are not that easily killed. Meanwhile the jets will have a 1 bar protection, they are fast but if hit they will get brought down earlier.

In general, all WW2 airplanes have better protection than WW1 airplanes.

Up to you to decide which airplane has a better balance between all the characteristics.

Lastly, there has been always a sweet spot where it causes more damage. If you hit the engine, the airplane falls down faster that if you hit the wings. The numbers are based on if you hit the fuselage (wings), that's what I call a "regular" hit.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Stormbringer, Phillipson, Cue Ball, . B.52!, Sharp Shooter, Gannet, frits, Dunc7, Pegoud and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383603

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
You can add a message that your plane engine is hit so that pilots come to know that his/her plane is vulnerable now or some kind of message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Cue Ball, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383607

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I was thinking of that but usually it's so fast it doesn't make much a difference. The current message is the smoke. Your airplane begins to create a smoke trail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Cue Ball, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383610

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Maybe when you hit the engine the throttle goes to zero or half even? From inside the plane you cannot see the smoke.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Cue Ball, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383612

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Oily distortion on windsheild?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383613

• frits
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 710

Now I know that dusty and I have been used as guinea pigs. :-) A few weeks ago we got an update on the same day and since then we have to hit every other plane 8x for it to go down and destroy 40x for a tank. Not that we found that a problem but it was a mystery to us why. Now I had to be fast from Zup in my old age. :-) I suppose that now every good shooter will fly with the first plane so you should make sure that morafs or people from for example ranking 35 can no longer use noob planes and only the 2 or 3 last of the ww1 planes with the same number of hits to take down. Otherwise it still doesn't help.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/16c59jo.jpg[ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2bVsstZ.png[/img]

i.imgur.com/RllEZWy.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383615

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288

I suppose that now every good shooter will fly with the first plane so you should make sure that morafs or people from for example ranking 35 can no longer use noob planes and only the 2 or 3 last of the ww1 planes with the same number of hits to take down. Otherwise it still doesn't help.

No zup, please don't do that. If we can't fly all our planes, unlocking and upgrading them would be useless. And, what's the point on playing a WW1 game with only two different planes, when you created more? That's simply monotonous, I sometimes take my SPAD, Albatros, Pfalz... because I like all of them!

Instead, could you try a rank-based durability system? For example, aspirants would need 12 hits to be killed, lieutenants would need 10, squadron leaders 8, lieutenant commanders 6 and the rest 4.
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, frits, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383617

• Swindle{WP}
  • Thank you received: 35
Ya I think that if the motor cut to half when you were hit like 2 or more times in the motor of your plane that would be really cool 
swin·dle
verb
use deception to deprive (someone) of money or possessions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383618

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I suppose that now every good shooter will fly with the first plane so you should make sure that morafs or people from for example ranking 35 can no longer use noob planes and only the 2 or 3 last of the ww1 planes with the same number of hits to take down. Otherwise it still doesn't help.

No zup, please don't do that. If we can't fly all our planes, unlocking and upgrading them would be useless. And, what's the point on playing a WW1 game with only two different planes, when you created more? That's simply monotonous, I sometimes take my SPAD, Albatros, Pfalz... because I like all of them!

Instead, could you try a rank-based durability system? For example, aspirants would need 12 hits to be killed, lieutenants would need 10, squadron leaders 8, lieutenant commanders 6 and the rest 4.

This is actually a brilliant idea. I second it if we have a say in how the update comes out. If not, well great thinking Paco!

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thulsa Doom, Cue Ball, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383619

• Swindle{WP}
  • Thank you received: 35
I was thinking that maybe it should take more hits to take down a plane that was the actual dogfighting will happen instead of just shooting in a line 
swin·dle
verb
use deception to deprive (someone) of money or possessions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383621

• frits
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

That might be an even better system Paco. Well, I would suggest 25 or 30 hits for the lowest ranked nr 1, nr 2 and nr 3 because now those boys are shot out of the air by many high ranked guys while they can barely keep their plane in the air themselves and soon give up the game on.

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/16c59jo.jpg[ [img]https://i.imgur.com/2bVsstZ.png[/img]

i.imgur.com/RllEZWy.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383622

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The rank based system sounds good. I have to think about it and i'll implement it for the next next update. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Gannet, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, frits, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, Sniper-92

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383625

• Cue Ball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

Curious, what is it you hit with a one hit kill? The pilot. CueBall should have a 20 hit mode also,its only fair for that bald headed stud. Lol. Cool Zup Looking forward to it. I also 4th or 5 th Pacos Idea. Really would benefit the new people. Dusty and frits said there cool with two hits. No,that's not true. Peace all.
Cueball#1

Cueball #2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383628

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
You might want to check the carrier game.
I seem to be getting "captured by enemy" message at wrong time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383655

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Update is out with these changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383656

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life member DAV / AIRBORNE All The Way
  • Thank you received: 763

.81 update hope I misunderstood  but are you handicapping our good planes against lower tier crap planes? If so why shell out money for a top tier plane. I've got em so that would not seem fair. They are supposed to shoot lower tie r s down easier
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383658

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523

.81 update hope I misunderstood  but are you handicapping our good planes against lower tier crap planes? If so why shell out money for a top tier plane. I've got em so that would not seem fair. They are supposed to shoot lower tie r s down easier
They’re “handicapped” or nerfed, so that  one plane doesn’t have a huge advantage over another. Otherwise everyone would have that one plane, and rookies who don’t have it get discouraged fast. And the high tiers still have a performance advantage, so to counter that zup gave  low tiers a durability advantage. Also he gave the option to have low health low tiers for us who want a challenge, or you feel you can manage it like that.

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sniper-92

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383659

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Still sucks

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383660

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Way to go zup once w e buy all your stuff you  make it less effective

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383661

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

That's the whole point of having a better pla n e

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383662

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

I agree with you sharp.

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: coyote

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383663

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It's a work in progress. I have to figure out a balance between higher ranks and lower ranks planes. As of right now, it's either you pick a jet or a camel, with almost nothing in between.

Clearly picking up better planes still has a big advantage. It's just that i'm trying to make that advantage not that HUGE.

And btw I posted this over a week ago and I listened to the requests. I just did what was requested. Why try not to panic and participate in the best course of action so I can modify it for the next update? I'm just trying to make it so that most people feel it's a good system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Gannet, DireWolf{WP****}, chickenlittle, Zirig, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383666

• Pegoud
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Be brave and have fun !
  • Thank you received: 1969

Hi all !
I got the update today ... That seems to me well done for me and my old camel !!
I am happy to see the clouds reappear in the sky of DFE (Win 10 in Windows Store) !
Rest assured the jets are still as fast and difficult to shoot down Sharp !
Be brave and have fun !
Viva DFE !!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, DireWolf{WP****}, Zirig, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, Sniper-92

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383670

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407

Here you can see the new mission in action hehe (bombs don't work). It would be cool if we could use the Handley Page against German WW1 interceptors too. 

However, with the new update also came with the new plane durability feature, which sometimes seems work greatly on noobs... 
​​

​​​​​​

...but not so good on people that have a similar level to yours. 

Here Paco (who updated) needed 5 (10/2 hits, as the duplicated shot issue seems to be still there), which should have been 12 (24/2) if its durability is 3x4 (3x(8/2)) shots. Later Paco started shooting at me, and he said that he needed 4 hits to bring me down (8/2), which should have been 8 (16/2) because Albatros' durability is 2x4 (2x(8/2)). 

The real weird thing is here, I hit twice (4/2) Pikeza's Camel, and he died despite his plane should last 4 hits (8/2), as its durability is 1x4 (1x(8/2)) hits. As you can see, I was the only guy in the game, so no one could have shot him before I did. This happened to me several times today with many players, such as Vanessa (who updated) or Coyote, and I used different planes (Fokker D.VIII, Fokker D.VII and Albatros D.III). Other times I needed the regular 4 shots (8/2). 

With all this we can extract two discriminatory conclusions:
​​​​​​
-The durability of each plane doesn't work at all or it's glitching in some cases. Then it doesn't matter if you're shooting at a Siemens or at a Stuka, you always need the same amount of hits. It just depends on your luck. 
​​​​​​
​​​​​or

-Airplanes register the duplicated shots like if they really were two hits. That would explain why some Camels and SPADs needed 2 hits (2x2=4) while my Albatros needed 4 (2x4=8 ). Then all those who needed 4 were just lagging. However, that wouldn't explain why Paco's Nieuport needed 5 hits. 
​​​​​​
Nevertheless, to be sure about this we should wait until everyone installs the update. 

​​​​​
Now a thing that it's easier to detect, here you can see how, when anyone joins the game, a white dot is showed in the middle of the screen and the mission name appears. That white dot keeps there until the game ends or you leave. 
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Zirig, Magnus Canneb, Paco Zorapel, coyote

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: Some photos were in the wrong order and Kunena was translating '8)' to a smiley lmao.

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383671

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yeah it had some bugs, i already fixed all I could find on 1.1.82 and sent it out to the stores.

As for the math on hits is not exact. Here it's how it works after changes from testing it out on the wild:

1 bar = 4 hits required
2 bars = 7 hits
3 bars = 10 hits
4 bars = 14 hits
5 bars = 17 hits

It's not precise because it also depends on where you hit it.

Lastly, to calculate the damage depending on your ranking I did this:

Divide the difference of your rankings by 10. Then the damage is reduced by that number with a maximum of half the damage if you are higher than rank 10 or a maximum of a third if you are lower.

In code:
damagereduction = 1f / Mathf.Clamp(
                                                        (enemyRank - myRank) / 10f,
                                                        1f,
                                                        myRank < 10 ? 3f : 2f
                                                        );

A couple of examples:
You are rank 15 and your enemy is rank 25. He hits you, damage will be:

his rank minus your rank: 25 - 15 = 10
Divided by 10 = 10/10 = 1
Damage is regular damage 1 / damage reduction 1 = 1.

Basically nothing happens. You get a regular damage. So if your plane requires 7 hits, 7 hits will kill it.

You are rank 15 and your enemy is rank 47. He hits you, damage will be:

(47 - 15) / 10 = 3.2   this will be how much your damage is reduced thanks to your ranking difference

But, I set up a maximum of reduction. It would be crazy that if your plane needs 17 hits you would require 3 times that just because of rank. In this case since your rank is 15, the maximum reduction will be 2. That means you would get half the damage from that enemy. If your plane requires 7 hits, that person would need to hit it 14 times.

Now an example with noobies. Ranks lower than 10
You are rank 5 and your enemy is rank 47. He hits you, damage will be:
(47 - 5) / 10 = 4.2   this will be how much your damage is reduced thanks to your ranking difference

Since you are rank lower than 10, your maximum reduction will be 3. That means it requires 3 times as many hits from a moraf than from someone your level to kill you. So a 7 hits airplane needs 21 hits from a moraf.
This may sound ridiculous but anyone knows that an Airco against a Camel can easily get 21 hits. At least on my testing for the past week I've seen it as a not-so-hard thing and also not so easy as to basically make noobies sitting ducks in 2 seconds encounters.

I hope that helps to clarify it. The damage you do to your enemy begins to be reduced if you have a difference of rank larger than 10. Otherwise, it stays the same.

I don't have it set on stone yet since I'm waiting for everyone's feedback during game play. The update is already out for everyone except for iOS.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Zirig, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383673

• Cue Ball
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BALD AND BEAUTIFUL
  • Thank you received: 1773

It's a work in progress. I have to figure out a balance between higher ranks and lower ranks planes. As of right now, it's either you pick a jet or a camel, with almost nothing in between.

Clearly picking up better planes still has a big advantage. It's just that i'm trying to make that advantage not that HUGE.

And btw I posted this over a week ago and I listened to the requests. I just did what was requested. Why try not to panic and participate in the best course of action so I can modify it for the next update? I'm just trying to make it so that most people feel it's a good system.

If Zip didn't make the changes it would be another pay to win game. Those with more money advance. I like the equal out idea. It won't scare away so many noobs.

Cueball#1

Cueball #2

The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383706

• Zirig
  • Thank you received: 183
Hi Zup,, I still haven’t got the update but already have to hit noobs too many times to shoot them down, it seems exaggerated to have to hit 14 or more times a plane to kill it, maybe you could lower that number a bit. Also a experienced player that has a second account in a low rank will have a huge advantage , maybe I’ll  try it some day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stormbringer, Sikorsky, Sniper-92

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383714

• frits
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

For me a nr1, 2 and 3 may be unshootable. Not even with 50 hits. When I sometimes see a No.1 trying to get his plane under control and he's just being shot down by a MORAF or a high-ranking officer, I'm very sorry. We have to realize that that's how we drive those guys out of the game. If people are then going to create a noob account as a highly ranked person, this says a lot about the person himself, but then I also wonder what's in it for you? Do you enjoy that? You don't even go up with your current account. Give the noobs a chance and who cares if we get shot more or less once. It also happened to me that I accidentally knocked down a number 2 or 3 but I don't feel good about that. If I'm only in the game with a No. 1 or 2 I even let them shoot me to practice them.

i.imgur.com/RllEZWy.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Pegoud, Sikorsky

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383715

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

In my opnion increase the number of hits to bringing down planes is a big mistake. As i Have Suggested make two rooms one to noobs and another to experienced players would be great. Those rooms wouldn't be separated, the noob room or casual room. The experienced players couldn't have their KDR increased at casual/noob room, I mean players would only be able to improve their kdr or rank( Score board) playing at "TopDogs" room or whatever name it could have, simple that.
In 2013 I started play df1 I was only a noob I was in a Airco trying to stay alive even I was massacred by 7 morafs... I received the help of a gentleman and he taught me how to play . I mean each person will have a different time to get a better in game it don't depends of rank and level.

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, Zirig, coyote

Last edit: by V.Huntress War.

Coming large update 2 years 4 months ago #383716

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Shoulda just left it alone zup