Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44058

• ZandorHawke
  • ZandorHawke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539

Stuart wrote: I have been told by many other players that I am not complaining, just making people aware there is a problem. And not to stop. And now I am finding out that it is not just me bringing up an issue, because what I am saying something is happening but others aren't wiling to say anything.

Someone please explain how I can hit a plane (screen shows) 7 times and they don't die?

I caught a plane today on a carrier, and the screen say I hit it 8 times, and nothing happened.

Now explain how I can take one hit, and go down?

Also, when is shoot, my bullets just don't seem to kill a plane unless I hit it many, many times.

Also, my bullets seem to be one steady stream, and other planes, (not all) seems to send out a burst (spray) of shot and kill much easier.

Wumper

Wumper, I like you. Big Karma boost to you! :)

With respect to the planes that can take more then a couple of hits and still survive, this does happen. I believe it has something to do with leaving your plane (or tank) alone (usually walking away from the game to do something). The game design seems to leave them in place during the game and make them immortal until the player comes back.

There are also times where it does seem like one hit brings me down and it usually happens up close (head to head as we are passing). I think the hits just came too fast for the software to update the messaging.

Usually two hits brings a plane down unless there is lag in the game. Then you can unload a few more but the plane is already dead...just wasting bullets. The software needs to catch-up and kill the guy and usually does.

I have also seen the difference in bullet spray. Again, I think this is an affect of the lag either in the game or in that network connection of the player.

Now, let me get a little personal with you Wumper. Reading over your posts and then looking at your statistics I think you have a bad network connection where you play. Do you see differences in your ability based on where you play? Can you play at a friends house and then try it at your normal location and see a difference? Do you see a difference with 3G, 4G and then a DSL wifi connection? I think at the core this is your problem.

I love your "tilt at windmill" attitude (old reference...google it). You see a problem and you bring it up regardless of what someone else may say. Now the trick moving forward is to see if you can solve these problems on your own. In my work I like the guy that finds the problems but I value the guy that solves them.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44065

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Bexause they had their brake on. Cant kill with brakes on. And it looks like one but u get hit many times too. And that burst is lag. LAG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZandorHawke

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44068

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
Are you new, must be. Bomer is correct. When you are parked on YOUR carrier, or runway, you are safe from bullets. You can still be bombed no-matter what though. I'm sure if you really asked around in-game that someone would've told you this. Doesnt hurt to ask though. If you are now about to start whinning about this, its so people arent spawn-killed over n over n over n over.

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZandorHawke

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44073

• ZandorHawke
  • ZandorHawke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!

bomer1 wrote: Bexause they had their brake on. Cant kill with brakes on. And it looks like one but u get hit many times too. And that burst is lag. LAG.

Brilliant! Brakes! I never knew that. I've been in many games but never correlated the two.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44081

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Brakes are useful to get away from a spawn killer

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44117

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Not new, Jasmine. He's been playing nearly as long as me.

Okay, there's several reasons.

1: There are glitches. There will always be glitches. Something will be fixed, and something will get screwed up. Unfortunate, but true.

2: If you're parked on the ground with brakes on, you cannot be killed. It's a way to stay safe while AFK.

3: On a landing strip/carrier with brakes on.

4: Lag. I've explained this multiple times, and don't have time at the moment. I'll fill this in later.
See you in the skies!

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44120

• brocolir
  • Thank you received: 4
Doesnt always work try it urself and see. Using brakes not to get killed

Last edit: by brocolir.

Hits on a plane 11 years 7 months ago #44145

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member