Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43239

• Manfred
  • Manfred's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
I may regret this flame later, but I am compelled to respond to some in-game flaming that I received from PRDog.

When I'm in a game with newbies, I try to give some tips. Not sure how many of you see this (or even see me - even now I am a relatively rare sighting, except for the time that Calvin and I played a bunch of games in succession), but if I shoot someone down and then see them again later in the game doing something like not turning, I text "juke and jive!" or "turn hard and evade" or something like that. These players eventually get it, and they are all over the sky (at which point, it's time to learn to zero in on a target, but at least they stay alive longer). But often there are other competent players in the game, and I don't have the luxury of texting much encouragement or advice, since I'll get my nose shot off.

Today, I happened to be winning a game of Dogfight (which is NOT a given - in the past week, I'd say I've lost about half of the Dogfight matches). PRDog starts laying into me, calling me names and berating me for killing. At first I didn't even know the messages were for me - the players I was dogfighting with were engaging in decent dogfights, and I was working hard to avoid their sights and maneuver behind them. Heck, PRDog has certainly sent his share of lead into my backside, if memory serves. At my level, which isn't exactly Ace but I've got some game, on a good day I might go 50/50 with other top 100 players, and on a bad day, just about anyone with maneuvering capability can get me. I don't think "Manfred joined the game" has anyone shaking in their boots.

So this was a good game. I was working hard for most kills, and there were definitely a couple where I wanted to text "juke and jive." But there were bullets flying around, and texting wasn't a good idea. In fact, I texted PRDog back, and I got shot down a bunch of times for it. I believe I wound up winning the game 15:8. That's hardly Ace material.

Yesterday, I entered a Shoot the Zepp game kind of late, and my team was losing badly (one engine down, Zepp coming over our base). My team evaporated, and I stuck it out, setting a simple goal of getting that second engine before the game was lost. I got spawnkilled repeatedly on the runway, and each time I re-spawned, I fought to get in the air. I remember someone texting some encouragement, we've all been there, way to stick it out, that sort of thing. I never did get that second engine, but I was proud to have tried, despite all the red ace patches streaming fire at me.

I'm not sure of my point in this post (besides flaming back). Maybe it's what that person told me, that we've all been there, and I'd like to say that I'm a better pilot from it. As for PRDog, I hope you don't ever find yourself playing particularly well one day, only to have someone flame at you and call you a Brigadier General Sandbagger. It's a GAME! I suppose anyone has a right to voice opinions; I am just providing the counterpoint.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Dentinhead, new jersey devil

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43245

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
It's okay manfred, don't let anyone let you down (that's what I allways sya to myself)

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43259

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
That's unusual for PR. He wS probably in a bad mood, he's usually a great guy. :/

Anyway, yeah, if you can flame an idiot out of existance, do it. Be polite first, a few days ago I got a guy to change his name. It was a pretty bad one, too. Took a while, and involved some teamkilling from both of us. :P
See you in the skies!

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43286

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 594

Manfred wrote: I may regret this flame later, but I am compelled to respond to some in-game flaming that I received from PRDog.

When I'm in a game with newbies, I try to give some tips. Not sure how many of you see this (or even see me - even now I am a relatively rare sighting, except for the time that Calvin and I played a bunch of games in succession), but if I shoot someone down and then see them again later in the game doing something like not turning, I text "juke and jive!" or "turn hard and evade" or something like that. These players eventually get it, and they are all over the sky (at which point, it's time to learn to zero in on a target, but at least they stay alive longer). But often there are other competent players in the game, and I don't have the luxury of texting much encouragement or advice, since I'll get my nose shoat off.

Today, I happened to be winning a game of Dogfight (which is NOT a given - in the past week, I'd say I've lost about half of the Dogfight matches). PRDog starts laying into me, calling me names and berating me for killing. At first I didn't even know the messages were for me - the players I was dogfighting with were engaging in decent dogfights, and I was working hard to avoid their sights and maneuver behind them. Heck, PRDog has certainly sent his share of lead into my backside, if memory serves. At my level, which isn't exactly Ace but I've got some game, on a good day I might go 50/50 with other top 100 players, and on a bad day, just about anyone with maneuvering capability can get me. I don't think "Manfred joined the game" has anyone shaking in their boots.

So this was a good game. I was working hard for most kills, and there were definitely a couple where I wanted to text "juke and jive." But there were bullets flying around, and texting wasn't a good idea. In fact, I texted PRDog back, and I got shot down a bunch of times for it. I believe I wound up winning the game 15:8. That's hardly Ace material.

Yesterday, I entered a Shoot the Zepp game kind of late, and my team was losing badly (one engine down, Zepp coming over our base). My team evaporated, and I stuck it out, setting a simple goal of getting that second engine before the game was lost. I got spawnkilled repeatedly on the runway, and each time I re-spawned, I fought to get in the air. I remember someone texting some encouragement, we've all been there, way to stick it out, that sort of thing. I never did get that second engine, but I was proud to have tried, despite all the red ace patches streaming fire at me.

I'm not sure of my point in this post (besides flaming back). Maybe it's what that person told me, that we've all been there, and I'd like to say that I'm a better pilot from it. As for PRDog, I hope you don't ever find yourself playing particularly well one day, only to have someone flame at you and call you a Brigadier General Sandbagger. It's a GAME! I suppose anyone has a right to voice opinions; I am just providing the counterpoint.

Manfred

He did the same thing to me. He said anyone above a major general should quit. It's not fair to others, but when I started playing I was rank 1 like everybody else. He made me feel like I was not welcome
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Last edit: by [NLR]*XxXxX*.

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43288

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108

Manfred wrote: I may regret this flame later, but I am compelled to respond to some in-game flaming that I received from PRDog.

When I'm in a game with newbies, I try to give some tips. Not sure how many of you see this (or even see me - even now I am a relatively rare sighting, except for the time that Calvin and I played a bunch of games in succession), but if I shoot someone down and then see them again later in the game doing something like not turning, I text "juke and jive!" or "turn hard and evade" or something like that. These players eventually get it, and they are all over the sky (at which point, it's time to learn to zero in on a target, but at least they stay alive longer). But often there are other competent players in the game, and I don't have the luxury of texting much encouragement or advice, since I'll get my nose shot off.

Manfred

I was there. I also was suprised that PRDog was acting like that(not typical as far as my ingame experiece with him) tryed to calm him down to no avail. It happens Manfred, i had nyjet$fan flaming at me a while ago for the same thing. He said he was going to "put me on the forum" for simply playing the game. Bad day maybe, uncalled for absolutly. But know this...you are a great player and there is a community of great players and great people who have fun flying and b.s.ing together. Many more good apples than bad ones...the bad ones...make hot apple pie with them.

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, [NLR]*XxXxX*, Dentinhead

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43297

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
He does it to everyone. He is annoying and he curses everyone who shoots him down. He has big a big pain in the ass since he started playing. Team killing and everything.

He is some cranky old man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, new jersey devil

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43299

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
Mmmmm hot apple pie mmmmmmmm

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43300

• Doghouse666
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 108

*420* wrote: Mmmmm hot apple pie mmmmmmmm

Haha! Fun game tonight/this morning. Btw you're at 421 posts!

You can fit a square peg in a round hole, but you can't polish a turd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: *420*, [NLR]*XxXxX*

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43307

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Send me the times he's on. I'll mute 'em.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43323

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

bomer1 wrote: He does it to everyone. He is annoying and he curses everyone who shoots him down. He has big a big pain in the ass since he started playing. Team killing and everything.

Ahhh.......but, not a "Mean Old Man". ;) :)

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43380

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Slenderman wrote: Send me the times he's on. I'll mute 'em.

dont forget the cathy phrase
MUTE IN HELL YOU SON OF A B****
lol :lol: :lol:

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43399

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

bomer1 wrote: He does it to everyone. He is annoying and he curses everyone who shoots him down. He has big a big pain in the ass since he started playing. Team killing and everything.

Ya thats the norm with him. You shoot him down and get the message back " screw you" and many other worse messages. He complains often that your hacking and that the game was made wrong and the planes fly horribly. I just wish he would leave and go play rise of flight if he wants realistic flight.

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43401

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
No nj i mean he is an actual cranky old man.

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43402

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346

bomer1 wrote: No nj i mean he is an actual cranky old man.

:)

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43406

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Prdog has always been friendly with me....im dissapointed to hear the way he has been acting towards everyone :(

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43408

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
same here.... :(
See you in the skies!

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43410

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: same here.... :(

yup

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43424

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238
PRDog has always been well behaved when I've played with him.

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43426

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
He just has a problem if you kill him more than 3 times.

Last edit: by SkyDavis.

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43436

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I used to ahoot him down alot....all he would say is " woof"......lol

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Flaming back at the flaming 11 years 8 months ago #43444