Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #40881

• *Cloudbuster*
  • *Cloudbuster*'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Keep Your Head In The Clouds
  • Thank you received: 60
I'm talking about the Fokker Scourge that happened in our own game, and not the actual Fokker Scourge of WWI. :)

First a little history. In the summer of 1915 Anthony Fokker and his engineers developed an interrupter gear that allowed machine guns to fire through the propeller. This was a huge advance in aerial warfare, and allowed much more effective aerial marksmanship than machine guns that previously had to be mounted outside of the propeller arc.

This synchronized machine gun was mounted on the Fokker Eindecker monoplane, and in hands of German Aces like Immelmann and Boelcke gave the Germans a huge advantage in aerial warfare. So much so that this period was called the "Fokker Scourge" and British airplanes were referred to as "Fokker Fodder."

In our game the Eindecker was rolled out as a mid-level airplane, and while everyone thought it was cool looking and great to have a monoplane in the game, it didn't really generate alot of excitement as the aces were flying better airplanes.

That soon changed, as a few people tried the airplane, and it was simply devastating. With its razor thin profile it was nearly impossible to hit, and it was the most stable shooting platform the game had ever seen. You could line someone up from long distance and just nail them before they had a chance. It also spit out bullets at a rate unmatched by any other airplane in the game so if you hit someone they were dead and not a one hit smoker.

In a fairly short period of time alot of the top dogs were flying it exclusively. Askal, Achmed, Chan is Master and others as I recall. I also started flying it to great effect myself. One of the top players in the game got more pissed at me than any other pilot I've ever encountered as he was mincemeat in the sights of the Eindecker. Called me a cheater and and on an on lol. My kill ratio must've been 15:1 flying the Eindecker! I remember one game with Chan and we were both flying Eindecker. I thought I was hot, but he was unbelievable in that game. Just tearing people to bits.

It was so powerful, even the aces who flew it started posting on the board that it was unfair and suggesting that Zupe needed to do something about it. At around the same time Zupe had also rolled out the "Sensitivity" setting and set to max the Eindecker was pretty good even in a dogfight. It didn't really matter though, as you never got into dogfights, as you could just blow away everyone straight on before they could get on your tail.

As I recall this lasted a month or two and then it was over as quickly as it started. I don't know if Zupe made an adjustment or what but it lost it's "magical qualities" and everyone dumped it for the better airplanes. Our own version of the "Fokker Scourge" was over. :)

Every now and again I'll fly it, but the magic is gone. It doesn't shoot fast anymore, isn't anymore stable than other airplanes as a shooting platform and is a sitting duck in dogfights. Any guys around at that time remember this? Askal loved that airplane for a couple months and man was he deadly in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by *Cloudbuster*.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #40885

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
I remember this lol. Ya that plane was a monster at the time. It had the firing rate of the sopwith camel and the Fokker Dr. 1 along with there smooth stable flight. Thing turned like a dog as well. What zuper did to it was make the hit box on it a bit bigger and he took the rapid fire away from it. Zuper also did something with its turning so it is not as fast in a dogfight as it used to be. I remember the 1 time i tried it and i made 420 really mad lol.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #40891

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
That airplane improved my straight on shooting 10x. Turned me (and a number of others) into Wat Up Dogfight for a month or so lol.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #40898

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
This is cool. You vets should post more stuff like this. Very interesting to newcomers.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #40901

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
I was only there for the end of it.Why did those crybabies have to complain to make it lose ability.The albatros should be the middle planes.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #40909

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

*Cloudbuster* wrote: That airplane improved my straight on shooting 10x. Turned me (and a number of others) into Wat Up Dogfight for a month or so lol.

the possibilites :evil:

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41000

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I remember how i got better too. When i atarted out i used the sop and tri plane untill i could get the fokker and spad. And i used the fokker and spad all the way untill i got my albatros and se5a fully upgraded. And i remember it being amazing in dogfights too. The orignal vampire use to use that plane to dogfight and man he was deadly. It was hard to beat him using the se5a. Thats why i kinda got better at dogfighting too because i used the fokker untill air vice marshall. Untill both planes were fully upgraded. Thats what dawsonn does too, he uses the fokker everynow and then and ahreads people. I use the fokker every now and then too as recommended by skydavis

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41021

• Dawsonn57
  • Thank you received: 49
Thanks for that bit of history on the Fokker Cloud. I was not around when it was so deadly

in this game but still love to fly it. I try to fly all the planes. After reading their history

it makes you want to get in one and take it for a spin. Also as Bomer eluded to it does make you

a well rounded pilot. I flew the Sop and Red Baron all night a couple days ago then jumped in

Se5a at the end...... wow! :woohoo:

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41023

• *Cloudbuster*
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I do fly in different planes from time to time myself. Zupe really created a monster with that skinny yellow Eindecker. I remember one game where I kept nailing Samweb. He finally said " I want to kill you Cloudbuster!" It was all in good fun and he was a great sport about it. He was just surprised at how deadly I was (any pretty much anyone who flew it was deadly) in that Fokker. Like I said though Zupe eventually took the juice out of it and we all dumped it. I think it is still pretty good for the bombing games but no longer the weapon it once was. I still love the sleek look of it though. Funny how our little game mirrored actual WW1 history though with our own "Fokker Scourge."

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41103

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
I remember desert rose flying the skinny Fokker to great affect...whatever happened to desert rose ?
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41107

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
She still plays, nit too often though

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41116

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I have never even flown the fokker.....matter of fact i never bought it..lol...maybe i will buy it...

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41120

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
U wont like it after flying the albatros. I remember when achmed firat bought it. He hated it. So slow he said.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41122

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Lol...i wouldnt know what to do with myself in the fokker....im so used to doing what i do in the faster planes...

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41123

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Yea, the good old days. So many fokkers back then. And u know what else was awesome, no matter which game u join there would be atleast 2-3 aces to fight. Now there are lot more people but all are noobs no aces to fight. Mostly because so many games going on hard to find ur friends.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41525

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
I've read about it, but it was before my time. I enjoy going up against those things now, they're hard!
See you in the skies!

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41546

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
No cal u were around it was when u were a noob or u just missed it by a little. Because i remember reading about it on forum once.

Back when everyone use to go head on except the very few like skydavis and rickenfaker.

Last edit: by bomer1.

Anyone Remember The Fokker Scourge? 11 years 8 months ago #41627

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
probably just before i was active on the forum. i dont remember any complaints about it in game; well, I remembmer sky joking about it, and noobs all the time, but not many aces.
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.579 seconds