Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #39970

• tony69..
  • tony69..'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
today wend i play i meet kchieff.he mention he was sorprise i was the 1 leader on my squad black eagles.i answer him i was the one to create.but the point is.i know there many players that play ofthem and have pleanty of time...so they improbe fast.and become a good aces like him.few monts he was a beginer.so the point is...to be a good ace make you necesarily a leader? i dude about it.a leader is same one that know how to lead gentely hes group understanding the diferents demands..all have.same one that is able to take important decitions on the right time with and objetive view.same one that know a beet how humands are.same one who can forget offends.and be cain and respect full to.others.that can lead to win becouse hes wisse in off to know how to handel the batle and the group.same who can adap to diferents circunstances on the game.same who came deside with in seconds what to do.to kill many thats not necesarily make you a good leader.to be able to scape and know how to avoid bullets yhat is not necesarily make you a leader.
dont want to get to serius :huh: about it..but i think is important to mention.
please live your ideas and opinions to contrast your views thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tony69...

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #39981

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
I am thinking of one BTB game in particular when DXP29 in an orderly, matter of fact fashion began directing each member on our team different things that we each needed to be doing. He made a huge difference in helping to create some order out of the chaos that had begun to set in. That is one good example of true leadership that I have experienced so far. :)

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #39986

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 915
A monofilament line used as the first portion of a fly fishing line? Oh not that kind? Sry , ok id say someone wh will be prepared to go into battle at the front, give confident orders and sometimes sacrifice his own defence for that.of his team mate.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #39995

• tony69..
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
interesting both....will be interesting to heard whats a leader for all of us.and also to make a diferent eather so you can be both.betwen been a good leader and yust be a good ace.
mad i have seem also big changes on pilots...remenber charlie 8? he yust to shoot with no mercy hes companions in game.so far today is a very good ace.and coperate with others...

Last edit: by tony69...

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40002

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
What i think makes a good leader is some one who can keep his cool knows how to handle many different situations combat wise and social wise as in defending your squad when people go and put your squad down handling people well. Every person has to be treated different so if some one dose something wrong you got to to approach them differently so you don't end up making the problem worse. You need to be some one every one can come to if they need help or if something is making them feel bad. You also need to be able to interpret what is going on in battle so you can send your forces in the right direction. If your in a mission and a group of pilots have not been seen in the head on combat area or in the main battle area or just not seen at all it would be safe to say send some pilots back to the base and start doing a defensive circle around the thing and send some one up high to take a look. A good leader is not the best pilot in the game. It can be but you dont have to be the best pilot to be a good leader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, Paul Mantz, Jr.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40004

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 915

Skydavis1 wrote: What i think makes a good leader is some one who can keep his cool knows how to handle many different situations combat wise and social wise as in defending your squad when people go and put your squad down handling people well. Every person has to be treated different so if some one dose something wrong you got to to approach them differently so you don't end up making the problem worse. You need to be some one every one can come to if they need help or if something is making them feel bad. You also need to be able to interpret what is going on in battle so you can send your forces in the right direction. If your in a mission and a group of pilots have not been seen in the head on combat area or in the main battle area or just not seen at all it would be safe to say send some pilots back to the base and start doing a defensive circle around the thing and send some one up high to take a look. A good leader is not the best pilot in the game. It can be but you dont have to be the best pilot to be a good leader.

well said sky, i thought this was aimed at the in game team thing but you summed it up brilliantly - also add a leader isnt someone.who just.hangs back watching their team but one tht isnt afraid to be on the sharp end of combat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, Paul Mantz, Jr.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40008

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Thanks for adding that mad. :)

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40025

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Great job anyways

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40056

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I think a leader keeps hos cool like sky mentioned. And has skills, knows how to convince people, good tactician. Also respectfull. And sky all ur posts are huge. Go little

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40073

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
A leader un my opinion is someone who first off that giving up is not always an option.....when you fall down, get back up.....good character......a good tactirion ......trust worthy........respected by his followers (very important), your followers need to respect you inorder to achieve your goals.....

You dont have to be the best ....but do the best you can, for that is all that is expected of us.....

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40093

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

bomer1 wrote: I think a leader keeps hos cool like sky mentioned. And has skills, knows how to convince people, good tactician. Also respectfull. And sky all ur posts are huge. Go little

I just have a lot to say and I also like making people read long drawn out post. :) It is also easier to get my point across as well.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40098

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Skydavis1 wrote:

bomer1 wrote: I think a leader keeps hos cool like sky mentioned. And has skills, knows how to convince people, good tactician. Also respectfull. And sky all ur posts are huge. Go little

I just have a lot to say and I also like making people read long drawn out post. :) It is also easier to get my point across as well.

I like your long posts haha
Don't ever quit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40105

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Here or in life?

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40108

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Skydavis1 wrote:

He is well written and verbose (look it up).

I salute those how use OUR forum to express their feelings. With readable conversation.
SKYDAVIS is smart and articulate. And you are not paying by the page, like back in the old days, 2002?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40113

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
lol.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40124

• new jersey devil
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 673
You want to see good leaders watch the.following and learn..Wig..SheiBe ..Von Pay..Mad...Red ...Swopwith..Bomer..and ..sput..but the best of all is.Zuperman...thanks for this.great game in addicted to...mean ole devil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaD!

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40129

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 151
A leader is someone who's got a plan, but isn't afraid to desert it for the better of the group, and is compassionate, but strict, clear, and unchanging in rules and disciplinary measures, but able to overlook the rules if it is needed as well as ready to express themself appropriately, and is not afraid to ask for help. And adaptive....

Last edit: by isaactheman.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40456

• tony69..
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
good all.specially sky davis.good vision of what a leader is.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40490

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

B) it's me the leader of the pack. :lol:

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40492

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

B Strachan wrote: B) it's me the leader of the pack. :lol:

haha B Stachen. I love it. :lol:

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40494

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Congrats B!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40529

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Lol

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40534

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

It's you AGAIN! How long before you hit 1 million, screw up your account, & have to begin again? Tomorrow?

Congratulations! Amazing!

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40556

• [*M]coop
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Sua Sponte"
  • Thank you received: 2949
A good military SGT will always have the welfare of his soldiers come first and foremost is their safety and well being. A person willing to go the extra mile, one who knows how to follow orders as well as give orders. A person that has common sense, an educational background and knowledge of the MOS where they are a leader. I know there are a lot more that a leader can have, but their soldiers should be the first.
It is also of importance of a good military SGT to persuade the opportunity and be able to read, understand and gain control of the situation before the enemy does.A great military SGT knows his men and they know him. If he gives an order, they know that it is the best action to be taken because of who gave the order. The soldier does not have to doubt or even understand.

A great military SGT adapts quickly during battle. He knows his terrain and uses it effectively. He keeps in contact with his soldiers so he can rapidly adjust and improvise when needed.

A great military SGT is a free thinker more often than not. Know the tried and true methods, but always remain open to something revolutionary. He adapt and quickly implements new ideas.
Unfortunatly when faced with a true combat situation one will only find out how one reacts under pressure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by [*M]coop.

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40563

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote:

It's you AGAIN! How long before you hit 1 million, screw up your account, & have to begin again? Tomorrow?

Congratulations! Amazing!

Iam just a little over 850,000 points I hope it's fixed. B)

whats a leader? 11 years 8 months ago #40579

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Gratz b on taking #1, i am going to try to play more and get less on forum too. Ill be checking evey now and then though

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.750 seconds