Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #39964

• isaactheman
  • isaactheman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 151
I have never done this anywhere, nevermind real life, but, i'm gonna give you guys, hopefully, an understanding of my mind/ behavioral paytern.

I, Isaac M. Revia, have ADHD, which some people claim to be a false ailment made up so people could have an excuse to act like idiots,
I also have Cerebral palsy, which in my case, is rather mild, as it only affects my left arm and leg, my left hand bring, the most affected, to the point where I can barely carry a 12 pack of soda with it... as an additional result of cerebral palsy, I walk with a limp. And it took me 13 years to finally be able to tie my own shoes.
And because of this, my older sister, the much more fit of us two, had to fight my fights for me, eventually, she got annoyed of this and decided to
Push me to learn to defend myself, and thus, I developed my higher than average self-expectations.

I developed a taste for activities I could do, like art, and singing, and yes, building with legos and gaming as well as being more of a thinker than fighter,and thus more ready to talk my way out of a fight, much to my older sister's frustration. but, when I feel threatened, just like a wild animal, I I instinctively tap into the anger, rage, and frustration I've suppressed over the years, which is quite an impressive behavioral transformation, going from timid, and easily kept under self-control and quite nearly harmless, to fierce, uncontrollable, and a very real threat the safety of other, to my dismay. This store of destructive tendencies is where my "psycopathic episodes" leak from. Luckily, my fits of rage mentioned above aren't as bad as they used to be since I switched over from Adderall for my ADHD to Vyvanse, which doesn't have the quality of making me prone to violent outbreaks that adderall did.

Needless to say, my life as young as I am, has been a very full one
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Mr. Serious, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #39965

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Thank you for sharing. Now many others will realize that not all of us are the same.

You are pretty smart. Sometimes just typing out your feelings helps. Re-read what you type and cancel if you feel better. That way some of the more insensitive people here, that don't understand you, won't start in on you. You can always PM me and release your frustrations. I have been around long enough to not take things too personal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: isaactheman

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #39993

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks, oh, and those pics you wanted me to edit are finished but the website couldn't find you so I couldn't pm them to you
I'll try again real quick
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by isaactheman.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #39994

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Issac...check your pm.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40005

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297
Isaac
that was a brave thing to do share feeling over a forum
my hat goes off to you.
saying that you are still one of the players i love to fly with and against
you always say hi to me and that make you a friend to me.
see you in the skies bud :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Serious, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40007

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 915
Bro, we are who we are - thats just how it is, i think no differently of you abd you are still "the man!" keep up the cat pics bro they are awesome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Serious, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40014

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Dr Isaac your speech just may help others.... Thanks bud ;)

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40018

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705
very inspiring

truly a creative genius in the making

this is how i fly !!! :)

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40028

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Aww
Your not alone Im always going to the optical for sever chest pains and constant nose bleeds

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40048

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I sustained a severe head injury as a kid when I had a headfirst fall from a rooftop at my friend's house. I was bout 7

The only reason I survived is because as a sikh I wore a turban and that cushioned my head. If I wasnt a sikh I would have been dead.

It made me stay out of school for about a year and half and my handwriting and grammer have suffered as a result

However, I think that injury changed me as a person. It made me more spiritual and philosophical whereas before I was just a package of me want this me want that.

I can see Isaac has wisened up beyond his years as a result of the challenges he's faced. Great sense of humor to match :lol:

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40052

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kptn Singh wrote: I sustained a severe head injury as a kid when I had a headfirst fall from a rooftop at my friend's house. I was bout 7

The only reason I survived is because as a sikh I wore a turban and that cushioned my head. If I wasnt a sikh I would have been dead.

It made me stay out of school for about a year and half and my handwriting and grammer have suffered as a result

However, I think that injury changed me as a person. It made me more spiritual and philosophical whereas before I was just a package of me want this me want that.

I can see Isaac has wisened up beyond his years as a result of the challenges he's faced. Great sense of humor to match :lol:

Same thing happened to my fathers brother
He was trying to help him get is kite from the tree when he fell
He was just 16 when that happened
He died at the age of 29 all because of that fall

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40054

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[e]Sputnik wrote:

Kptn Singh wrote: I sustained a severe head injury as a kid when I had a headfirst fall from a rooftop at my friend's house. I was bout 7

you know whats weird

this was kite related too

we were up their n the plan was to fly some kites.
my friend went downstairs to get sandwiches for us to eat

Kites are huge in spring in the area I lived in at the time

Overhead I was watching two kites dogfighting, I took one step back to get a better view

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40058

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kptn Singh wrote:

[e]Sputnik wrote:

you know whats weird

Overhead I was watching two kites dogfighting, I took one step back to get a better view

Me and you have many related life moments
Good thing is that once he passed we were all glad he didn't have to suffer anymore
He was all ways in bed, he need assistance to go to the bathroom, eat, and sleep.
He was allways in a wheel chair allways going to the hospital
But what I liked about him the most is that smile he would get when you helped him
Every time I remember him I cry

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40072

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[e]Sputnik wrote:

Kptn Singh wrote:

[e]Sputnik wrote:

you know whats weird

Me and you have many related life moments
Good thing is that once he passed we were all glad he didn't have to suffer anymore
He was all ways in bed, he need assistance to go to the bathroom, eat, and sleep.
He was allways in a wheel chair allways going to the hospital
But what I liked about him the most is that smile he would get when you helped him
Every time I remember him I cry

you're right, theirs alotta parallels I suppose

Im sorry to hear about your uncle. I went thru a similar fight. I was in and out of conssiesness and couldnt really walk for about a year cuz I lost my sense of balance. I would be sitting on bed and all of a sudden the ceiling would be on the floor and the floor on the ceiling

doctors forced me to play lego and building block games. thats why I cant stand legos

I specifically remember taking in about thirty shots on my butt over one weekend

the oddest thing is that when I hit the ground, I didnt feel any pain. It was probably the most calming peaceful moment of my life

The following user(s) said Thank You: Makaela, [e]Sputnik, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by |111th|KptnSINGH.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40111

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Did I hear head injury story time?
I know all about that! :lol:
My history of "attacking" things VERY HARD with my head goes back to my infancy.
I'm not too sure on exactly what happened but I asked my mom, who was in the hospital at the time, and doesn't remember what she was told exactly. But... I should probably ask my older sister, mikey,who still has nightmares about it..

WARNING: THIS STORY IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

The story
Warning: Spoiler!
I think it has something to do with my chronic headaches, which I have one right now, in the silence of my room being the only person home.
Other than that, i've been hospitalized for AT LEAST 3 other, yet minor head injuries, from hitting my head on concrete steps which had a ramp that was 5 foot long, which went up to the door, which we were all huddled at and then it turned and went on for 10 feet at a shallow angle, (it was my great grandparents house) over them, but that ramp didnt cove the sides of the steps and it was crowded with me mikey, and somewhere between 3-5 of our friends, and something, I don't remember what happened exactly, this was about 8 years ago i'm guessing. But I fell over the railing and mikey and the others caught me, but not before my head slammed into the concrete
Also, the second most brutal head injury was in the winter a few years after the concrete steps And I was waiting for the bus in my next door neighbor's drive way (he was one of the friends at the concrete steps deal) ( almost every major tradgedy/injury in my life from beaumont Has something to do with waiting for the bus) & across the fence between our driveways some 10 feet from where we stood, was my dad, who was working on a trailer, 10 feet from the fence in our drive way. Suddenly, I hear PING! and then hear something whistle through the air, and then a thud, the back of my head felt warm and sticky, and my friend had a look on his face that screamed " Holy f#¢*ing $#!+" and he just stood there while I heard my Dad rushing over, and I started thinking " wait, it's winter and I have short hair my head should be cold..." I felt the back of my head, looked at my hand and immediately started screaming as the pain hit. I looked at tge ground to see what hit me as I screamed abd saw it was a wooden pole or something like that about 2 & 1/2 ft long that had previously been 20+ ft away, being used as something my mind didn't recognize, attached to the trailer. Needless to say, I got out of school that day :woohoo:

On the more minor and humourous side of injuries, once I was waiting for the bus, either before or shortly after the concrete deal, and it had rained the previous day and the ditches were full of water still so the crawdads (crawfish) were still out and I let one dangle from my finger till the bus got there I was like " hey guys, look!"

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40128

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
I really like your quote isaac :)

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40130

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
?

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40134

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
The " Understanding and closely examining.........." quote...

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40135

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
One time me and some friends were playing some game that I can't remember what its called but you play in the dark, anyway I was hiding by the fire place and as I was getting up I banged my head on the corner of the brick lol I thought it was just bruised so I continued playing but when I wiped my head my thought was "Ew I'm really sweaty" well when they turned on the lights that sweat turned out to be blood and I wiped it all over my face lol and my friend was like oh my gosh your head is bleeding, I didn't believe her til I looked in the mirror... It was actually really funny
Don't ever quit.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40136

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I remember now issac
When I was still in my moms tummy they had diagnosed me with downsyndrome
All of the doctors(4) agreed that It was a high chance I would be born like that
But the day I was to be delivered my mom said I was kicking a lot
So we called the ambulance to rush us
Finnaly when I was finnaly born they checked me for down syndrome and you know what they said? "you have a healty baby boy" she started crying so much she atcually fainted
That experience I went through says to me I AM VERY LUCKY to be healthy

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40139

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Is it a bad thing that I wonder what dying feels like?

I
Once we used a safety pin as a make shift couch cushion zipper and I with my awesome luck stepped on it popped my left heel right open, no blood for like 3 minutes got to skip school for a whole week and then was stuck wearing one sandal and one tennis shoe, was a wierd sensation during the stitching and when we removed them, but I wasn't bothered cause I was to busy playing pokemon ruby and not caring ! :lol: after that I stayed home and played ps2 for a few days before returning to school with a scar to show my friends during recess and lunch, :lol: :woohoo: Beaumont, good ol' days

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40141

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
I've never really been through any physically/mentally traumatic events. Or at least, none comparable to all of yours. I've actually never been sent to the ER. I guess I should be thankful for that.

My dad, though, he tells me stories of things that happen overseas, stories that I probably shouldn't disclose. Now my dad's a real tough guy, but honest, he starts crying when he tells me them.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40142

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Makaela wrote: One time me and some friends were playing some game that I can't remember what its called but you play in the dark, anyway I was hiding by the fire place and as I was getting up I banged my head on the corner of the brick lol I thought it was just bruised so I continued playing but when I wiped my head my thought was "Ew I'm really sweaty" well when they turned on the lights that sweat turned out to be blood and I wiped it all over my face lol and my friend was like oh my gosh your head is bleeding, I didn't believe her til I looked in the mirror... It was actually really funny

Was it flashlight hide and seek?
Lol, fail!
Wait, who am to be talking? When I was 4 I nearly cut my finger to the bone with a serrated bread knife I was shorter than the stove, which had delicious garlic bread in a pan on top of it, so I couln't see, even when I was stand on the very tips of my toes, I still got that garlic bread though, so it was all good

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40148

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Luna6 wrote: I've never really been through any physically/mentally traumatic events. Or at least, none comparable to all of yours. I've actually never been sent to the ER. I guess I should be thankful for that.

My dad, though, he tells me stories of things that happen overseas, stories that I probably shouldn't disclose. Now my dad's a real tough guy, but honest, he starts crying when he tells me them.

My great grandpa was that way, except he couldn't bring himself to tell the stories, he was at the Battle of the Bulge, I'm not supprised he was so emotionally scarred by that, I believe that was the second of not THE bloodiest battle of the European theater for us Americans. He was in the US 99th infantry division, company B, a divison that was completely untested in battle. He passed away in '04, of a stroke, I think it was,

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40152

• VortexIII
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46

isaactheman wrote: I have never done this anywhere, nevermind real life, but, i'm gonna give you guys, hopefully, an understanding of my mind/ behavioral paytern.

I, Isaac M. Revia, have ADHD, which some people claim to be a false ailment made up so people could have an excuse to act like idiots,
I also have Cerebral palsy, which in my case, is rather mild, as it only affects my left arm and leg, my left hand bring, the most affected, to the point where I can barely carry a 12 pack of soda with it... as an additional result of cerebral palsy, I walk with a limp. And it took me 13 years to finally be able to tie my own shoes.
And because of this, my older sister, the much more fit of us two, had to fight my fights for me, eventually, she got annoyed of this and decided to
Push me to learn to defend myself, and thus, I developed my higher than average self-expectations.

I developed a taste for activities I could do, like art, and singing, and yes, building with legos and gaming as well as being more of a thinker than fighter,and thus more ready to talk my way out of a fight, much to my older sister's frustration. but, when I feel threatened, just like a wild animal, I I instinctively tap into the anger, rage, and frustration I've suppressed over the years, which is quite an impressive behavioral transformation, going from timid, and easily kept under self-control and quite nearly harmless, to fierce, uncontrollable, and a very real threat the safety of other, to my dismay. This store of destructive tendencies is where my "psycopathic episodes" leak from. Luckily, my fits of rage mentioned above aren't as bad as they used to be since I switched over from Adderall for my ADHD to Vyvanse, which doesn't have the quality of making me prone to violent outbreaks that adderall did.

Quick question: And please don't be offended, but some people take it bad. If you don't like it just tell me to quit asking:
I have a friend who has ADHD. I swear he also has turrets syndrome, yet he claims he doesn't. Yet my friend in Florida. Was the same way, but he said he did have turrets.
Is there any connection in your knowledge to ADHD and turrets syndrome?

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40161

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

VortexIII wrote:

isaactheman wrote: I have never done this anywhere, nevermind real life, but, i'm gonna give you guys, hopefully, an understanding of my mind/ behavioral paytern.

Quick question: And please don't be offended, but some people take it bad. If you don't like it just tell me to quit asking:
I have a friend who has ADHD. I swear he also has turrets syndrome, yet he claims he doesn't. Yet my friend in Florida. Was the same way, but he said he did have turrets.
Is there any connection in your knowledge to ADHD and turrets syndrome?

I don't mind at all
Well, no, i don't see any connection but the hyperactive part of ADHD can seem like tourrets syndrome sometimes, especially when I get chatty

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40163

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Luna6 wrote: I've never really been through any physically/mentally traumatic events. Or at least, none comparable to all of yours. I've actually never been sent to the ER. I guess I should be thankful for that.

My uncles like that
So it best I don't tell him to tell me stories

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40170

• Makaela
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

isaactheman wrote:

Makaela wrote: One time me and some friends were playing some game that I can't remember what its called but you play in the dark, anyway I was hiding by the fire place and as I was getting up I banged my head on the corner of the brick lol I thought it was just bruised so I continued playing but when I wiped my head my thought was "Ew I'm really sweaty" well when they turned on the lights that sweat turned out to be blood and I wiped it all over my face lol and my friend was like oh my gosh your head is bleeding, I didn't believe her til I looked in the mirror... It was actually really funny

Was it flashlight hide and seek?
Lol, fail!
Wait, who am to be talking? When I was 4 I nearly cut my finger to the bone with a serrated bread knife I was shorter than the stove, which had delicious garlic bread in a pan on top of it, so I couln't see, even when I was stand on the very tips of my toes, I still got that garlic bread though, so it was all good

wasn't flashlight, its making me really mad I can't remember It was the only time I've ever played that game and I don't remember how to play or anything it was like 4 years ago. And its ok it was a fail! Well as long as you got the garlic bread and it wasn't burnt than it was worth it :P
Don't ever quit.

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40171

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just asking: but who read my gruesome story of my first head injury?
My luck... :lol:

Explaining Me, Isaac Revia... 11 years 8 months ago #40173

• VortexIII
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
I read it but didn't understand well.
Did your sister do it or not?

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.574 seconds