Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #25945

• Blain
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SOCCER!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 47
ok im calm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #25950

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I dont mind people spawn killing and dive bombing......when i do carry a bomb ( which is hardly ever), i dive bomb sometimes. Once i dive bomb, i am free to chase anyone who comes off the runway.....i also spawn kill from time to time, for strategic reasons.
When i fly low to the base to bomb, i spawnkill while im flying towards the hangers to bomb them. That keeps the planes from taking off and shooting me before i bomb.

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #25955

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
Ok here's how I see it both were used in war. In ww2 dive bombers ragaged cities to clear the way for german blitzkerig. Also in pacific they were used to bomb ships like carriers. Spawn killing was also used. In war you don't let your opponent take off you shoot them down while there on ground vonerable. In war if you let them take off you could be killed. Do don't complain about either of these. Remember those who did in war using these tactics.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #25974

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Sorry Hamers, I respectfully disagree. There is no direct, logical equivalent for spawn killing anywhere in WW1 air combat history. (nor in WW2 though in this discussion that's irrelevant) In no circumstances I can think of would that "Sit at the back of the runway and blast unprotected enemy ships before they take off" scenario ever occur. It disregards the anti-aircraft artillery on the ground - which we lack...and the troops, ground crews, et al - which we also lack. At no point would you have been as vulnerable at the moment of taking off as you are every single time you take off in the game. If you care only about racking up points, spawn kill away and risk your reputation with the community of fellow players. If you care about keeping the game fun and moderately, at least, historically accurate then find other ways to rank up, there are plenty from which to choose.

As for dive bombing, iQQi said it eloquently; when it works it's a thrill and not a cheap one like spawn killing, when it doesn't, as happens a large percentage of the time, you pay the price. It does have ample precedent in airwar history, there's nothing remotely dishonorable or "cheating" about it, it's merely a classic, proven tactic that makes you as much a sitting duck target as it does your enemy's base. Spawn killing exploits what amounts to the limitations of the game, dive bombing imitates a tried and true technique used in most any airwar you'd care to name. As dangerous in its way as going head to head or careening cross country in a tank (to blast hangers, NOT spawns) and and without whatever hollow satisfaction you might derive from being able to say, "I just slaughtered fifty planes by shooting them in the back and ranked up! I must be an Ace!" It's an empty accomplishment and crooks your fellow players k/d ratios just to improve your own. Not my idea of what the spirit of Dogfight should be.

Wigipedia

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #25976

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
dive bombing i have nothing against it because when people are using it against me you can guess it because they don't show up or they use it over and over. So i would alwase element the guys close to the base then go up and kill them and come back down and continue fighting. Spawnkilling i don't mind as long as it is the enemy doing it to my side. They raly get me taking off and are doomed once i am up and firing my guns. Spawnkilling dose take skill to get there and spawn kill the people. But the actual spawnkilling has really no skill but being able to aim. When i fly around a enemy base i don't spawnkill them but i let them get up in the air and try to kill me. Then once they try to kill me or are up and at there planes full potential they can date my led. I find letting them up and dogfighting them is more fun. It is fun getting them all after you shooting at you then shooting them down a few times then heading back to bomb again and killing them on your way home. It has a more epic feeling. Well that is my opinion.

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #25982

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm air war why would you EVER let your enemy take off and try to kill you. Look up air raids on airfeilds. In ww2 mostly. Evr heard of operation barbarossa also the battle of brittan. The germans tried to take air superiority. You would you want to risk a dovgfight and get killed. I'm not a spawn killer. I used to spawn kill a long time ago but that's not the point. I don't care if I get spawn killed by a plane that's coming in for a bombing run. As long as the person isn't circling the base killing everyone as they spawn

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26036

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Hey guys I would like to apologize for me getting really, angry. Didnt mean to offend anyone, if ur a dive bomber then dive bomb, if u want to spawn kill then spawn kill just that neither of them is consider cheating.

Iqqi u dont need to go up high and bomb because u couldn't get through, but consider this how do u think they got that good, they keep trying again and again and again untill they get it and then all that u went through will pay off, trust me. And max and bigboss are one of the best in the same so its going to take a while to get to that skill level.

wigbomb nicely put, true but I spWn kill dont need any points, I dont even shoot the zep. Its just fun I guess. And it also helps ur team bomb.

Hamers jacob was taking about going up really high coming down and bombing. what u do is diff, got no problem with it.

Gen, u drop ur bomb 90% of time right, so do u go head on with noobs and chase aces. Good strategy, but think about this when u get in a chase with a ace, the chases arent short, qhile head on takes less than 2secs to kill them or they kill u, and once u get good ur average ends up to being around 6-8 kill average kill per game. Imagine how much faster u make points, I chased one week all day made like 1/4 the amount of points in same amount of time. Chasing is great I love chasing, but if u want to make points fast then head on is the best, and chasing takes lot of work while head on if easy. U can check the top 100 tell me how many people chase only. Rickenfaker, u.

Sry for making u read all that, I hate reading too, but its good for u.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Serious

Last edit: by bomer1.

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26045

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Lol....thanks bomber....i do go head on with newer players and chase aces and i also chase just about anything that flies....lol...i just love chasing i guess....im not too worried about the points....im in the top 100 and slowly moving up.......oh and as far as head on...sometimes i am good at it depends on the glitching....

The two things i love is guarding my base/ carrier and chase everyone that tries to bomb ....and also making it to the enemy base/carrier and chasing everyone that comes off the runway

With alittle spawnkilling on the side...lolol....

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26063

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
I know I am not really qualified for much comment here but, just want to say how this is a big reason why Dogfight never ceases to be so interesting. You never know exactly what to expect going into the different missions depending who all happens to be there at the time and who is on which teams. It may sound funny but, my first reactions are usually either "oh crap!"or "thank goodness!"depending on which pilots are on which team and how skillful I know them to be. However, the overriding feeling is always that I will come away, hopefully, a little bit more experienced for the better after going head to head with the best.
Thanks to all of you guys!

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26069

• ilikechesset
  • Thank you received: 1
interesting discussion

Last edit: by ilikechesset.

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26070

• ilikechesset
  • Thank you received: 1
IM OBSESSSSSSSSSSEDDDD WITH PEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :side:

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26071

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
U like penguins??

Isn't gunter cute??
Attachments:

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26075

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62

bomer1 wrote: ...
Iqqi u dont need to go up high and bomb because u couldn't get through, but consider this how do u think they got that good, they keep trying again and again and again untill they get it and then all that u went through will pay off, trust me. And max and bigboss are one of the best in the same so its going to take a while to get to that skill level.

I agree with you re taking on the aces! I usually only go high when there is more of a balance of skills, a group on my side going head on into the opposition, I take this opportunity of them being busy to get to either the hangers or carrier by what ever means.

When I am faced with such great players as Max and Bigboss (and other similar on other side) I never try to go around high or otherwise, but head into them trying to see if I can get a kill and learn. I find I can avoid them for a back swing around into more of a chase action, but any sort of staying in a head on too long is suicide! They are uncanny in their skills, both head on and in a chase.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26077

• Blain
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SOCCER!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 47

ilikechesset wrote: IM OBSESSSSSSSSSSEDDDD WITH PEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :side:

THAT IS MY PICTURE SEE! HAMERS STOLE IT IM SERIOUS STOP!

Attachments:

Re: Dive Bomb Haters. 11 years 9 months ago #26078

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Hamers wrote: I'm air war why would you EVER let your enemy take off and try to kill you. Look up air raids on airfeilds. In ww2 mostly. Evr heard of operation barbarossa also the battle of brittan. The germans tried to take air superiority. You would you want to risk a dovgfight and get killed. I'm not a spawn killer. I used to spawn kill a long time ago but that's not the point. I don't care if I get spawn killed by a plane that's coming in for a bombing run. As long as the person isn't circling the base killing everyone as they spawn

I let them up and let them come after me because i have the skill to bring them down again and i don't take pleasure and killing a plane that can't fight back to i let them up to come at me and then i kill them. I hardly ever get killd doing this because i can bounce around all over the place doing funky maneuvers that thy can't move quick enuth to get the dot on me by the time they get it to were i was i will be zipping paste hem going after them or some one else.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds