Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21789

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
I dissagree with no going high. I love divebombing and altho it takes longer it is more accurate. It also gives you a great veiw of below. You can get accurate shots at people below.you can easly dive onto opponents and shoot them down.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21818

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
I hate going high. It seems kinda cheap to me unless I'm using it in a turning fight.

Yeah, I love using the bridge. Ive gotten alright at weaving in and out until my chaser dies. ;) :P

Lol, 100' is low? I fly so I can see my shadow sometimes, and I'm never above 200 unless I'm trying to get a better veiw. The lower you are, the faster you can climb, and you cant be shot from below. If youve ever tryed to hit the cieling, you know how hard it is to reach 4000.
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21847

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I crashed into the celing once. I was like what's goin on??

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21854

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
U used to crash into it, like when you hit the side? Now you just bounce down.
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21860

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yup so sad. :(

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21873

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Hey Calvin,

Regarding the bridge: Have you ever seen Dog Agility? We're teaching our dog stuff like that, and one Agility move is the "weave" through weave poles. Look it up on youtube sometime if you haven't seen it. Anyway, I'd like to try the Dogfight version of that, through the bridge trusses. Could rack up some deaths, but if a pilot could do it well, very few could follow.

Manfred

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21876

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I go to the detroit kennel club almost every year. Its fun.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21898

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
that sounds cool, ill check it out!

yeah, you rack up an obscene number of crashes, but ive never once been shot down while weaving. it works best on noobs, when they follow, they die quickly, but they usually fly away, and you get an easy kill off a scared pilot. even against good pilots, you can get people to crash if you practice it. i practice during a capture the carrier game where its pretty even without me, and the game goes on for a while with me just weaving around on the bridge practicing it. you'll never get a single kill doing it, so its a specialized skill that takes work, and rarely pays off, but its really nice to know. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21927

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Hamers wrote: I dissagree with no going high. I love divebombing and altho it takes longer it is more accurate. It also gives you a great veiw of below. You can get accurate shots at people below.you can easly dive onto opponents and shoot them down.

Going high is a tactics i haven't housed in a while but it is effective. I would used to go high were i can still see my enemy and my allies below dogfighting or going head to head.being up so high would help me defend or protect my team mates. I could see all that was going on and give warnings to my team about who was coming after them and what was going on. I also could go into a steep dive and kill there pilot from above and behind and they would never see me. It was a zoom and boom tactic. You watch what is going on below and when several enamys are in the same area you would dive and fire into them and kill them all in one go then you would pull up and climb back to you altitude again very quickly with the extra speed you gained in the dive. I remember when i had a team mate get all there enmeys in a big group together by flying around and teasing them and just being hard to kill. So all these enemy planes are chasing this one guy. So this other guy and me are up high and we dive down and take all there team out instantly and clime back to our alltuitud we dived from with in seconds. You catch your enemy off gard. Also they will then send there pilots up to come get the guys up high. And that will help you make the enemy base easy to get to. They will send pilots up to get the pilots you have up high. This will take pilots away from defending there base. and will make it easier for your bombers to slip in and bomb them. Yousaly when i would go high and try this tactic i would go up with out a bomb but i would act like i had so they would have 3 or 4 pilots all up there trying to kill me or prevent me from bombing them. That is basically there whole team. So with all there team trying to get me my team would slip in and bomb them. Then i would kill all the guys after me and a few pilots would the enemy at there base and i could go get a bomb and get in a bombing run or i would hold them there and those guys would get in and bomb again. It is a wonderful tactic and it works. If you want it to work really well send your pilots with the best aims up high. They won't have to dive to kill the enemy then. They can just dive for about a few feet and kill the enemy with out having to rapidly dive down and kill them as they get close. Saves time and energy to do that. And the tactic were people go in head ons is use full if you are a bomber or the enemy coming at you is just a flat out better turning dogfighter and will turn you into scrap metal with in seconds of you passing him and trying to dogfight him. So it is alwase good to be able to aim and kill your enemy in a head on. It gits you places faster if your good at it. Plus you can see your enemys bulits coming at you and can make adjustments to you flight to get above or below or to the side of the stream of them and you can then readjust your aim on them and take them out. I have actuly grown fond of using the head on tactic and have gotten good at it at least. But then i still can out turen and out dogfight most people so if i miss them in the head on and we pass by them i can still get them with ease and then wip around and face who ever may come to me. I say people learn both tactics of dogfighting and head ons. If you can do both well. People will will think twice or 3 times before engaging you. And those that decide to engage you can say well darn that was a misstake lol. I have seen people wii around to face aces that have a good aim and that can tureen well. once the people saw who it was they went high as fast as they could and tried to run lol. I would learn both. they make you a good bomber knowing both they make you a good dogfight knowing both and they make you well known knowing both. Plus if you know both and some super ace forces you into one or the other type of fighting you can stand a good chance of getting the guy. Most people know how to do head ons very well because every one dose them all the time. People flying from base to base. They see a pilot in front of them and say grr get out of my way and they open fire at them. Then the guy coming torts them they fired at says the same thing. and you got a head on going on. Its the most commen type of fight in the game and most of the killd in the game come from head ons. So i say learn how to do it as well as learn how to fight in a turn. It will make you a better pilot to know both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, iQQi

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21929

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: that sounds cool, ill check it out!

yeah, you rack up an obscene number of crashes, but ive never once been shot down while weaving. it works best on noobs, when they follow, they die quickly, but they usually fly away, and you get an easy kill off a scared pilot. even against good pilots, you can get people to crash if you practice it. i practice during a capture the carrier game where its pretty even without me, and the game goes on for a while with me just weaving around on the bridge practicing it. you'll never get a single kill doing it, so its a specialized skill that takes work, and rarely pays off, but its really nice to know. :)

the best we've you can do is one were you make a figure 8 in your weave. It s flied and its faster then ruling to a complete stop in your movemt but a role for a half second and then turn back again. On were you are alwase pulling up and rolling in a certant direction to make a 8 on its side will get you fare. If you see a enemy in the corner of you screen you can go into a chase of them with in milliseconds and you can jump into other maneuvers quickly. rather than the normal turn hard one way then stop and roll and turn hard the other way. I youse this when i am chasing people. When people weve in and out or swerve they can't shake me i see them every second of the way. And that time they stop from there turning moment to roll and go the other way is the target of opportunity they are still and just flying straight. I can not count on how many people i have killed when they stop for that small moment to roll around and go the other way. Plus with the 8 mnauvir weve i am doing i will be turned around going the other way the exact second they are and can kill them in that hard turn they make by leading them like in a regular turn fight. Also another thing if some one is weaving around and you can't get them fly straight up they will contunie to weve until they noticed that you are not following them. Get up above them and and they will get hem selves far enuth away fore you for them to not move out of your screen when they weve. Once you got them like that just blast them formed distance. Then you only have to make slight changes in your planes movemt to aim at them. I lousily don't weve back in forth i try doing something harder to counter. But i can't tell you them. You have to observe them with your own eyes.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21930

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
wow, great advice sky! :)

wouldn't the figure 8 be fairly easy to predict? It's like a barrel roll, easy to fire in one spot that's in the circle, and then just wait for the enemy to fly into your bullets? At least, if that were done at mid-range, not in a turning fight. That's why when I'm outa ammo, I go completely random. Dives, spins, rolls, loops, stalls, turns, etc, completely random. That's the best evasive with no training at all, but you can definitely do better with some work.

Have you tried the figure 8 on the bridge? Stuff like that works even better there because of the bridge blocking shots, and killing you. ;)

Haha, no problem with you not revealing the secrets to being the best turner in the game. :) i don't give away my top secret stuff, but there may be some in a "controlled release". depends on what's accepted. ;)

hey, sky, what time of day do you play? I've been playing a lot more lately, but there are so many servers now, it's hard to find people. :(
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21938

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
yousaliy around 7 to 8 and 9 pm and around 12 am or lunch time. I play attest 2 of those times a day.

Last edit: by SkyDavis.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21944

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
midwest time, right?
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21952

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
central time.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21954

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
k, i can play as soon as my dad's done with the iPad, which should be in the next few minutes. can you?
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21956

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
I can

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21960

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
great, I'll let ya know when I get the ipad! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21963

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
i can't. I am watching jaylenno lol. the thing he just di on mc donelds was funny.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21967

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Untill I can get my password I can't play. Or I will be banned for impersinating a enigma member becouse I can't leave it.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21973

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ask Slender. Anyway, you won't be banned, just explain it to him, say you don't know your password. :) I wanna play you again sometime, tomorrow maybe? :) Message Slender and Manfred for your password, and ask Slender not to ban you for being in Enigma. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21991

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

Skydavis1 wrote:
Going high is a tactics i haven't housed in a while but it is effective. I would used to go high were i can still see my enemy and my allies below dogfighting or going head to head.being up so high would help me defend or protect my team mates. I could see all that was going on and give warnings to my team about who was coming after them and what was going on. I also could go into a steep dive and kill there pilot from above and behind and they would never see me. It was a zoom and boom tactic. You watch what is going on below and when several enamys are in the same area you would dive and fire into them and kill them all in one go then you would pull up and climb back to you altitude again very quickly with the extra speed you gained in the dive. I remember when i had a team mate get all there enmeys in a big group together by flying around and teasing them and just being hard to kill. So all these enemy planes are chasing this one guy. So this other guy and me are up high and we dive down and take all there team out instantly and clime back to our alltuitud we dived from with in seconds. You catch your enemy off gard. Also they will then send there pilots up to come get the guys up high. And that will help you make the enemy base easy to get to. They will send pilots up to get the pilots you have up high. This will take pilots away from defending there base. and will make it easier for your bombers to slip in and bomb them. Yousaly when i would go high and try this tactic i would go up with out a bomb but i would act like i had so they would have 3 or 4 pilots all up there trying to kill me or prevent me from bombing them. That is basically there whole team. So with all there team trying to get me my team would slip in and bomb them. Then i would kill all the guys after me and a few pilots would the enemy at there base and i could go get a bomb and get in a bombing run or i would hold them there and those guys would get in and bomb again. It is a wonderful tactic and it works. If you want it to work really well send your pilots with the best aims up high. They won't have to dive to kill the enemy then. They can just dive for about a few feet and kill the enemy with out having to rapidly dive down and kill them as they get close. Saves time and energy to do that. And the tactic were people go in head ons is use full if you are a bomber or the enemy coming at you is just a flat out better turning dogfighter and will turn you into scrap metal with in seconds of you passing him and trying to dogfight him. So it is alwase good to be able to aim and kill your enemy in a head on. It gits you places faster if your good at it. Plus you can see your enemys bulits coming at you and can make adjustments to you flight to get above or below or to the side of the stream of them and you can then readjust your aim on them and take them out. I have actuly grown fond of using the head on tactic and have gotten good at it at least. But then i still can out turen and out dogfight most people so if i miss them in the head on and we pass by them i can still get them with ease and then wip around and face who ever may come to me. I say people learn both tactics of dogfighting and head ons. If you can do both well. People will will think twice or 3 times before engaging you. And those that decide to engage you can say well darn that was a misstake lol. I have seen people wii around to face aces that have a good aim and that can tureen well. once the people saw who it was they went high as fast as they could and tried to run lol. I would learn both. they make you a good bomber knowing both they make you a good dogfight knowing both and they make you well known knowing both. Plus if you know both and some super ace forces you into one or the other type of fighting you can stand a good chance of getting the guy. Most people know how to do head ons very well because every one dose them all the time. People flying from base to base. They see a pilot in front of them and say grr get out of my way and they open fire at them. Then the guy coming torts them they fired at says the same thing. and you got a head on going on. Its the most commen type of fight in the game and most of the killd in the game come from head ons. So i say learn how to do it as well as learn how to fight in a turn. It will make you a better pilot to know both.

Ummmm, paragraphs are your friend... :P

At least you used periods. :silly:

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #21994

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, thats the only thing that bugs me :P one huge paragrph makes it hardernto read. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22001

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Ask Slender. Anyway, you won't be banned, just explain it to him, say you don't know your password. :) I wanna play you again sometime, tomorrow maybe? :) Message Slender and Manfred for your password, and ask Slender not to ban you for being in Enigma. :)

Manfred doesn't know how to help. And pm me a time so I can try to get on and we can debate on a time.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22010

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: the only thing that bugs me is when Sputnik shoots me down all the time

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22015

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

Hamers wrote: Untill I can get my password I can't play. Or I will be banned for impersinating a enigma member becouse I can't leave it.

email z. He will get you all your information.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22019

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did email z I emailed him almost a week ago. I also tried manfred.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22021

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Give it time it took z a while to answer mine. PLus you say you emaild manfred. I am thinking you just privet messaged z and manfred. I mean litterly email Joquin Grech not privet message. I don't think he gets on the forum much but he cheeks his emails often. Email him you might wait 3 days before he answers you because he has to go throe all his other junk people send him and he is busy working on the game.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22032

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What's his email. I also pmed viggi

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22038

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
Go to the about spot on the dogfight game app. You know were it has the training multiplier options screen spot. there is a about button on there and if you read the thing you will find joaquen's email.

Re: SB467's DOGFIGHT MAXIMs 11 years 10 months ago #22040

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok thanks

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds