Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19450

• getatthisdude89
  • getatthisdude89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
So I was inbetweent my old job and my new one when I injured my foot. I got a bill today for it totaling 1100 dollars. Even though I have the same insurence AND they even paid for doctor visits after the injury. Not to mention I paid my duds to them for the first 3 weeks of April before I quit my old job. What a fraud.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19456

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Man, that sucks! :( whatd you do to your foot? :( whats ur new job? Nothing that requires a foot, i hope. :(
See you in the skies!

Re: health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19522

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I bad a rock crush it about 2 months ago. 18 stitches is all I got. My new job is a take up opeerator at a building wire plant.

Re: health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19525

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oooohhhhh.... That sucks.... :( was it broken?
See you in the skies!

Re: health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19553

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Nah, just a sick cut. I had to walk to my truck and I could see bone every step lol.

Re: health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19585

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Crap....... Lol how far away was ur truck?
See you in the skies!

Re: health insurence is a joke. 11 years 10 months ago #19593

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Yep, it kills me that insurance companies (good ones, bad ones) all make you ask ask ask ask before they follow all of the rules. I pay for my own insurance since I have my own company, and I've chosen a slightly lower coverage rate just to avoid the big monthlies. But when I used to work for a different company, I had a maxed out plan, and they still would send me bills with balances owed by me, for every reason under the sun. I had to call, argue, dispute, and ask for a manager, the manager's manager, the manager's manager's grandpa, and only after repeated calls would they relent. When a family member had some bills for an emergency hospital stay (like, how many medical vendors get can provide help? Dozens!), I did all the calling, and it was amazing how much the insurance company pushed back on coverage. In the end, we got every nickel, but it took so much friggin' time.

That said, you might think I am for universal health care and am against private insurance. I'm not. I think universal coverage will be slower, harder, and more filled with unmotivated lunk-heads than private insurance. What private insurance needs is some penalties (enforced penalties) for setting up their workers to say No at every turn. The way to make money in insurance is to measure risks, know your population, charge the right premiums, and pay out when it's due; they should NOT make money by saying No and trying to skirt their own coverage policies.

Yeah maybe a little government oversight is needed there to police the insurance companies. But not a whole new government bureaucracy to run national health care! Yikes!

Anyway, I hope you are able to get them to pay up. Even if you left your last job before finishing the medical stuff, they should have offered you a continuation of your insurance, or if you're on a new job with insurance, that insurance company should be able to tell you who will pick up the bills. Good luck!

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshstewart

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds