Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13644

• Ernst Udet
  • Ernst Udet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm not sure if this is the right name, but people are requesting modern things. Just tell me when you see a Sopwith Camel fighting the Taliban.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13646

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
ERNST!!!! And good point.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13652

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
I lol'd. :D

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13686

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
lol, id enjoy blowing up noob taliban fighters! lol, think how much better the world would be if armies fought in dogfight instead of in real life! we could build a terrorist vaporizing squad! dibs on leader!! ;)

btw, ernst, message me sometime with a time u can play, i wanna play u!!
See you in the skies!

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13691

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
While it'd be cool if virtual fighting took place -- it's a sad fact that when two societies come together with opposing views, blood must be shed and a victor must be determined. It's the unfortunate human way/manifest destiny.

The only thing that would truly unite the entire world would be a sort of extra terrestrial invasion. A foreign being that threatened our entire race as a whole that needed to be eliminated. Only then would every worldy faction unite for a common cause.

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13699

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hm.... that's food for thought! Of course, thered be the idiot who tells the martians where to find the U.N., and thwn we're all screwed.
See you in the skies!

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13707

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Any species with previous experience of invasion would know to observe from a safe distance for an extremely long time. Thousands of years -- perhaps more. You've seen how long it takes to take a small piece of land (e.g Iwo Jima). Imagine an entire planet. Lots of thinking.

So yeah -- they would already have scouted out where the major places of power are, weapon stockpiles, what our weapons are capable of, our past, our present -- everything. Literally everything.

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13713

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, I wondr if they'd be able to get past your part of the world? :? Apparently you coud arm a small army out of your house! ;)

Btw, I've seen enough movies to know that one single guy would find a magic wand or something and defeat the aliens single-handed, die hard style. ;) Yippie kai yay, *@*$$&+*-$@% !!!!!
See you in the skies!

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13715

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Heh, that is true. ;)

Eh, but that's the thing. Those are movies. ;)

Fun Fact: You know the movie Saving Private Ryan? Remember the entire squad from that movie? Yeah -- that was all based on a single man. He was a chaplain in the military and did many of those things. There's an article on Cracked.com about it. Though, that sight has some language. Not for kiddos. ;)

And funny you say that -- I just watched Die Hard 3 days ago, hahahah!

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13722

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Haven't seen private ryan yet. Yeah, I love cracked! Lots of funny stuff! (And insulting stuff)

That's why movies are awesome. Thwy make you do insanely stupid studf that gets you killed, that is, if ur dumb enough to believe that stuff. Its called natural selection. ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13734

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Slenderman wrote: While it'd be cool if virtual fighting took place -- it's a sad fact that when two societies come together with opposing views, blood must be shed and a victor must be determined. It's the unfortunate human way/manifest destiny.

The only thing that would truly unite the entire world would be a sort of extra terrestrial invasion. A foreign being that threatened our entire race as a whole that needed to be eliminated. Only then would every worldy faction unite for a common cause.

We would all unite then we would all die lol. Reson 1 the aliens came frome fare off and have studied us for a long time probly. 2 they came frome fare off and had to get hear some how and probly had to go throue some rough stuff as space has a lot of deadly stuff in it there as our weapons would probly do smack to them. Number 3 they will be way more advanced then us and probly would not have to risk to lives of there troops by sending drones out. Number 4 there drones would take out all our weapon stockpiles heavy artillery aircraft and all that stuff. Number 4 we go to hit them with a nuke and again back to number two they went throue tuff stuff to get hear so they probly got a shield or somthing on that thing so they could survive in space obviously the nuke will not even scratch the there ship. It might kill the drons in the area but the mother ship is safer than earth. Number 5 with us launching nukes at these things we have already killd the human race. 6 anyone who survived will then be hunted down and killd or taken as a slave or a pet.

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13755

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps

Skydavis1 wrote:

Slenderman wrote: While it'd be cool if virtual fighting took place -- it's a sad fact that when two societies come together with opposing views, blood must be shed and a victor must be determined. It's the unfortunate human way/manifest destiny.

We would all unite then we would all die lol. Reson 1 the aliens came frome fare off and have studied us for a long time probly. 2 they came frome fare off and had to get hear some how and probly had to go throue some rough stuff as space has a lot of deadly stuff in it there as our weapons would probly do smack to them. Number 3 they will be way more advanced then us and probly would not have to risk to lives of there troops by sending drones out. Number 4 there drones would take out all our weapon stockpiles heavy artillery aircraft and all that stuff. Number 4 we go to hit them with a nuke and again back to number two they went throue tuff stuff to get hear so they probly got a shield or somthing on that thing so they could survive in space obviously the nuke will not even scratch the there ship. It might kill the drons in the area but the mother ship is safer than earth. Number 5 with us launching nukes at these things we have already killd the human race. 6 anyone who survived will then be hunted down and killd or taken as a slave or a pet.

...I already said most of that in a previous post. :whistle:

Except -- you assume they'd have those technologies. You can't assume in that sort of situation, all is nothing more but theory. ;)

Re: Historical Reality 12 years 2 weeks ago #13756

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
So true slender!!!
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.539 seconds