Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1006

• rulesforrebels
  • rulesforrebels's Avatar Topic Author
  • www.rulesforrebels.com
  • Thank you received: 0
Couple things I had wondered about, figure some others probably have the same questions so if someone doesn't mind answering that would be awesome.

Do you guys use the tilt controls or joystick? I never reall liked tilt and am not very good with it but problem with joystick is its hard to dive and turn or turn and keep elevation. Is this easier to do with tilt?

What's the purpose of the throttle. Do you always lose altitude when trying to throttle down and go at a slower speed?

Any tips on keeping steady when shooting?

How do people do such sharp turns, some people seem to be able to dive and dip and swerve crazy fast.

Tanks, how to get good shots off? Do you have to lead in front of a plane or another tank or shoot directly at them?

Any tips on how to keep your direction when in a tank? When moving so slow it's hard to tell what direction your going I often wind up halfway back to my own base before I realize it.

Is it possible to accurately shoot when parachuting. I feel like I'm amilessly firing off shots for no reason.

I can't think of all the things I've wondered about right now but if anyone else has any questions to add I'm looking for more advice on just basic gameplay
rulesforrebels.blogspot.com

FREE STORAGE AUCTION LISTS FOR ALL 50 STATES!!! THE REAL STORAGE WARS
freestorageauctionlists.blogspot.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1010

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
Well.... I use tilt on my DROIDX, the joystick, I find, doesn't work well at all.

To be steady, reconfigure my controls everytime before I play. Its in the settings menu.

The people doing very sharp turns don't have their bomb. They either have bombed, or just dropped their bomb to be more maneuverable for fighting.

The tank, it just takes some practice. I'm still not great at it, and I'm the highest rank in the game lol.
To stay going the same way, just keep an eye on the terain.

When you are parachuting, push the little camera option symbol, the u get a joystick to look around. I am horroble at shooting while parachuting.

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: beedee

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1015

• beedee
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Bee Stings !
  • Thank you received: 7
reconfigure input every game .. nice input 420

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1017

• rulesforrebels
  • www.rulesforrebels.com
Another question, apologize if this is already in the game or posted somewhere but what exactly is the point system and how do you earn points and rank?

Is it more based on bombing the hangars or more based on shooting down other plances? And how exactly are points and rank scored?

One other questin about parachuting. Is it really a good idea to parachute? If your high it takes forever to get to the ground so wasted time. Can you actually affectively shoot other planes with your gun while falling in your parachute?

What's the purpose of parachuting vs just restarting? I assume just that you can switch to a tank? If I don't like using tanks is there any reason to parachute over just retrying and not wasting the time having to drift to the groun?

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1045

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
I usually restart, so people aren't bombing while I parachute. The point system was just changed a lil while ago, but u earn those points by sporting people...i mean shooting people..ehem....by bombing hangars, shooting them while parachuting, or shooting tanks.

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1053

• rulesforrebels
  • www.rulesforrebels.com
How do I aim when parachuting. I can touch the screen and sort of change my view but don't feel as if I can try to aim at planes while I'm shooting and parachuting. I play with joystick if that matters. THanks

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1054

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
When parachuting, press the little camera view symbol on the upper right corner. That'll change your camera view, then you get a joystick and fire button

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1086

• aneanteur
  • Thank you received: 1
any good ideas for bombing accurately? so far i can think of 3 methods
1) classic fly low parallel to the ground over their row of hangars, and bomb when you are over them. above average accuracy but ur straight flight path makes you a vulnerable target.
2) dive bombing - gain considerable altitude, and dive vertically downwards toward hangar while flying perpendicular to the ground. makes yourself very hard to target, but this technique is hard to pull off (i tried it in single player mission 2), because it is extremely difficult to align ur dive so that u r diving perfectly perpendicular to the ground above the hangar.
3) a spin off of the first method: just before flying over hangars, adjust camera view so that it is pointing down for increased accuracy - harder to control your flight path due to unfamiliar camera angle and greater chance of crashing.

anybody else got any ideas?

aneanteur

Re: Looking for some advice and tips? 12 years 7 months ago #1092

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
new update for apple out, now with inertia :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds