• Page:

TOPIC:

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318499

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • KimberWolf {WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 728
"There seems to be a lot of bugs and and game feature problems of late. People not able to chat in game or in World chat, Virus warnings, Connection issues, log in difficulties etc. Is this the slow death of Dog fight original due to the fact there will be no more updates etc. Is this how the game will slowly become unplayable? Is it time for the masses to finally start to migrate to elite? It would help if the game was ready for Apple as it seems a lot of players use those devices to play. I hope the game stays playable until elite is ready for every one. Cypher"

The above was posted by Cypher in reply to a thread in the General forum, about Virus / Malware errors when signing into this forum.
His post wasn't limited to the issue in the thread, but really addressed a larger issue that I thought deserved its own thread.

Lately I've been getting very frustrated with getting booted from games. I know this doesn't happen to everyone, but I have confirmed it is happening to quite a few via WC and Game Chat. I've also been noticing a little more lag.
I have a pretty new iPad Mini and a good wifi connection.

Last night I was in a game with 3 or 4 other wolves (Dunc, WhiteFang, Cush, & I think another wolf, maybe Cypher) most on the red team, which was really going to be a barnburner. Early on I was on defense, and this is my favorite time in DF.....when my base is under assault and there is lead flying everywhere. So bad that you can hardly make out the pilots coming at you. The game wasn't to that point yet, but my excitement was building in this anticipation.
Then the unthinkable....I got booted and couldn't get back to that game. I was back to my "punching the air" tantrum and daughter laughing at me.
This morning I read Cypher's post and it got me to thinking about the future of DF 1.

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" - Rudyard Kipling
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-walleye, Cypher7{WP}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318501

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
YEP MY TWO ACCOUNTS ARE MUTED FOR NO REASON LIL HAS JUST STARTED HER OWN SQUAD AND IS MUTED AND CANNOT EVEN ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS .I CAN TALK N CHAT IN ELITE (BUT THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK TOO LOL)
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-walleye, Cypher7{WP}

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318504

• Cush62
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Can't died...i buried him next to don't want too
  • Thank you received: 820
It was sad to see you go Kimber i knew you got booted, it is frustrating when chat.starts.out ok in a game and suddenly ends, you are hoping your fellow pilots realize chat is malfunctioning.
If any of you see me go.silent or leave please know i wouldnt do so without saying gtg.
Themgames that are the most fun are the ones where the pilots are jockeying and cajoling.And at the same time teaching noobs how to act and fly.
It is.a great time that we live in, being able to communicate and share a small part of each others lives.
Dont know the big Zup but to let this forum degenerate is a big mistake...if.that is happening.
Sorry for all the extra . and m....sausage fingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimberWolf {WP}

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318517

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
The continual going blind to all other players and getting connection lost (usually after not knowing I'm in the dead zone already, flying around wondering where everyone is and why they stopped chatting) on Apple IOS 9.2 blows goats.

I am so sick of subscribing to a horribly broken game, where I'm usually lucky to get a few minutes of playing time without being kicked. People keep asking why they don't see me as much, because it's frustrating to no end, the DF2 dates indicated have come and gone, and I've been playing another WWI flying game (and recently completed the 100th dogfight mission!).

If no DF 2 soon, I'm gone. DF is so broken I can't hang arouund and keep paying for frustration.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: KimberWolf {WP}, D-walleye

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318524

• KimberWolf {WP}
  • KimberWolf {WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 728
Longrifle, it would be a shame to lose an icon of this like yourself.

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack" - Rudyard Kipling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Longrifle

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318553

• pmoon1{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 851
I notice people get booted but it doesn't seem to happen to me too much, I really liked elite the one time there were other players to have a game with.

Samsung tablet

What doesn't kill you can hurt like the dickens!

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318556

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

I play on android through Google play. I am not noticing any of these problems. Zup says apple is hard to work with. It's a shame it can't get worked out. The graphics on elite are a major enhancement! Hope everyone can make the jump. I also hope DF continues as is.

RIP CRAZYWOLF

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318559

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
I play on an iPad3, and only occasionally have issues, usually it's just lag. But when there are issues, it's just for a mission or two then fixed, so I don't worry about it.

I don't think there will be a death of DF1
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimberWolf {WP}, Jasta1

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318606

• Jasta1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • To Hell and Back!
  • Thank you received: 1213
Totally agree with Eagle.
Just lag on my tab 4 Android, but my phone is not so good last
time with df playing

Death of DF 1 8 years 1 month ago #318627

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Thanks for the repost Kimber Wolf. All said I wonder why so many players are having the same issues. Especially this WC and game chat muting. Its been three days for me now that I personally have not been able to use either. I never use profanity and to my knowledge have had no confrontations to speak of. I really hope this gets sorted out. If any one has any suggestions on how to get unmuted or find out why I cannot text please post.
Regards:
Cypher7
The following user(s) said Thank You: KimberWolf {WP}

• Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.528 seconds