Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Dogfight Presidential Election (was ended 2016-11-08 00:00:00)

Donald J. Trump
20 66.7%
Hillary Clinton
10 33.3%
Total number of voters: 30 ( Gustavo fire, KA5EY, |111th| John II, Sir Wumper, R E Z ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349341

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • GHOSTRIDER1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873
I'm confused. I thought Puerto Rico voted in the primaries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349346

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806

Can u believe that! Yes, we do vote on the primaries but then we fall short and we can’t vote on the final election for President. It’s insane. :silly: :blink:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349347

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I had no idea that y'all didn't vote in the general election. That is strange. I've always thought that we should just go ahead and give y'all statehood. I could be wrong but I would imagine that there is some sort of free service for you to go to Florida and vote. Being that Puerto Rico would mostly be Democrat, and given the history of the Democratic Party, I would imagine the Democratic Party is shuttling voters from Puerto Rico to Florida in some manner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349368

• Agent003{WP*}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Thank you received: 968

Acegirl wrote: .

Yes, I live in Puerto Rico, but no I can’t vote to choose for the President of the United States. Maybe there is my answer, since we are not a state we can’t vote. But it is strange that my citizen status, is overlook just because of where I am standing. Just because of the territorial status of the island. So I am a US citizen but not with all my rights, but as soon as I step in any of the states I do have them. I believe If I am a US citizen I should be able to vote in the US elections no matter in what part of the planet I am standing. But those are the laws and politics so I will have to wait. Yes, here we do elect our governor, Mayors and other representatives; and the politicians here are as controversial and funny as the ones in other places in the world.

Puerto Rico Candidates for Governor of the island.

That ginger guy in the middle has the weirdest eyes.... the man looks like a lizard or something lol

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349410

• KA5EY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1369
I'd like to see a new ammendment to the American constitution. If you don't pay taxes on a hard working paycheck you can't vote. Let the felons get their rights back. If anyone works and pays taxes in america they should be able to vote. If they live off the system they should have to sit back and watch
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1, Freimann, Viper10{WP}, Dera8{WP}

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349422

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
That's weird. I have many americans friends living here in Spain and they did vote from here. Why you can't send your vote to Florida or whatever place? From what you tell me, you could travel to Spain and vote from here but not from Puerto Rico :blink:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349426

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
It is messed up in some ways. Washington DC is not a state but they get to vote. They have campaigned for years to try and become the 51st state. Americans abroad can vote absentee. Puerto rico should be able to vote. Especially if they vote in the primaries.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349429

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

It's a residency thing. Puerto Rico elects at least one Congress Representative, so they have a voice in the electoral college, but they cannot vote for president. Guam is in the same boat. They are US citizens. It is a strange circumstance.

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1, Acegirl

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349450

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I actually looked it up because I never realize that. However I found exactly what you said Tx and felt stupid afterward. Of course they would have to come to a state to vote as Puerto Ricans.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349467

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BUMP! Everybody do your duty and go out and vote!

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349477

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The results of Dogfight Elite Presidential Wars are in!
dogfightelite.com/index.php/forum/2-goss...018-hillary-vs-trump

Let's see how close that matches the elections.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349495

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
interesting results. I can tell you without a doubt that no matter who wins our elections tonight the results will be MUCH closer than my poll or your test with the servers

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349565

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Congratulations to President elect Trump.

It was my intention, and I even prepared remarks, that when this election is over I would voice my opinion's on everything that's happened this past year. However, I am so elated with this joyous news that I have decided to forgo my prepared statement and make one comment.

If there is anybody in doubt that Hillary Clinton is not suited at all for the presidency consider this: Just look at her behavior this evening. After 220 years or more of presidential candidates giving concession speeches, she has decided to take the cowards way out by sending her Hinchman John podesta to tell her supporters to go home after standing there waiting to see her regardless of the results all day and all night. I am so ashamed of that woman. Yes she called Donald Trump and conceited, but did not follow tradition and did not exercise a modicum of respect for her supporters, mr. Trump, and every citizen of the United States. In my mind this is typical good old fashion Clinton white trash behavior. It reminds me of she and Bill looting the White House and stealing the W's off the keyboards when President Bush was elected.

It is such a relief to see that, insert expletive here, get her comeuppance and see her career of lies, crime, and ill behavior come to an end .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freimann, Agent003{WP*}

Last edit: by GHOSTRIDER1.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349566

• Freimann
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 639
FEUER FREI!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent003{WP*}

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349572

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@ghostrider1 please, refrain from making this type of comments now.

The situation right now is delicate and things can turn nasty and escalate quickly on the forums. It's not the best moment to talk about politics. Let's give it a few days until everything is a little cooled down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z, DireWolf{WP}

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349574

• Agent003{WP*}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Thank you received: 968
I found out this morning, stayed up till like 1:30 AM but I couldn't keep myself awake. It was funny to watch the Hillary people stress eating their nachos once her chances were looking grim. Some of them were picking their noses and crying too. Litttle weird lol

I for one am going to find a Starbucks (not somewhere I usually hang out around) and buy a Cold Chai. When the person hands it to me Im gonna ask if it will give me a seizure. :woohoo:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Freimann

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349582

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ok since I have muted this thread when we just have a few days to election day, I will post this info that I saw on a TV show, just in case. So this guy call Nostradamus wrote something that strike me and we will know on election day if he was talking about one of the candidates. He said that WW3 will end buy an unexpected alliance between the 2 friends that meat to the north. That in documentary they said was US Alaska and Russia, and that these 2 men will make a deal to defeat the enemy. The od part was that he refers to the US leader as the red man. Documentary said it was probably referring to the north American Indians. But I don’t know…the Donald looks kind of red sometimes. Let’s see if the prophesy if referring to the deal maker Donald Trump or to the Indians reference.

Uh oh

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349589

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
One thing that everyone can agree on is that Trump presidency will be truly "terrific".

Primary Meanings of terrific

1. adj, extraordinarily good or great ; used especially as intensifiers

2. adj, causing extreme terror

:blink:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349598

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: @ghostrider1 please, refrain from making this type of comments now.

The situation right now is delicate and things can turn nasty and escalate quickly on the forums. It's not the best moment to talk about politics. Let's give it a few days until everything is a little cooled down.

That's why I made one comment and one comment only. That was all I have to say in the dogfight community I have every intention of locking this thread in the next 2 to 36 hours, depending on how things go

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349611

• Marko99
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 227
I'm "just" a European who has now watched the popular tidal belief that brought us BREXIT now also elect Mr. Trump. While I have no issues against him per sae, I do worry, much like those who opposed BREXIT, that isolationist policies are not the solution, however attractive they may appear to be. His policies, much like those of the brxiteers may appear attractive but we can only hope that any actions are well thought through before implementation. It's chilly here tonight......
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349615

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I worry also but probably not in the same way you do. I worry that world politics are getting further and further apart. I worry that if you want to keep to your own country that you're considered an isolationist and I worry that if you want to participate with the world you're considered a globalist. I worry that this general feeling extends to all aspects of politics. It's no secret that I am a fervent Donald Trump supporter but at the end of the day we all need to find a happy medium. It is not healthy for the United States of the rest of the world to become so liberal and as a conservative in my heart of hearts I know that it's not healthy for the United States and the rest of the world to become too conservative either.

For as much as I disagree with him politically I think President Obama summed it up perfectly and his remarks today by encouraging everyone to lick their wounds, buck up and have a peaceful transition as we always have and support the new president regardless of political affiliations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marko99

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349618

• Marko99
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 227
Thank you Ghost. I fully support that view. While i cannot claim to be an economist, however, and have observed and partaken in, moves of manufacturing from rich I.e. Expensive eco monies to to less expensive ones, ultimately much comes down to the common's man willingness to work.... Only will his/her productivity boost national GDP to make any nation economically strong-if not mechanically, then intellectually-both are productive. Ultimately, punitive import duties will simply deny those of lower incomes "cheap" goods, while combative export tariffs will not result in competively priced products. I don't have the solution but the answe is not in isolationism.. But

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349624

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349696

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Given the social climate at the moment, and since I do not use social media of any kind,I have change my mind in regard to my decision to keep my comments to a minimum. I'm going to make some statements that might be unpopular, but I say them with the upmost hope and respect to those in opposition of my views. If you feel the need to reply or comment on my statements please feel free to do so. However, I will not tolerate any disrespectful, overheated, hateful, or irrational statements. If this gets out of hand, or congruent in anyway to the ill behavior going on in major American cities over the last 24 hours I will delete all posts from this one forward, mine included, out of respect for out of respect for Zuperman , Non-Americans, and others in our community.

Racism, zealotry, separatism, exclusionism or hate of any kind, is not what the American people have supported in Trumps campaign. He did not run on a platform of racism, comments he made about ILEGAL immigrants are harsh but sadly mostly (not all) valid. He has said he wants to better the inner cities, which you and I both know need a major transformation because of what the Democratic Party has failed to do for decades. We also know that the inner cities are made up of many minorities. A campaign run on racism wouldn't give a damn about the inner cities except to gain their votes, use them, and wouldn't be trying to plead for their votes by saying "what have you got to lose?" This has been a campaign that has captured the pulse of a nation who is tired of putting other countries before our own, and even tiny groups of Americans before the voting majority, having a faltering economy, national security that is frail at best, and having worse access to healthcare (and taxes with penalties) than before, weak foreign policy, trade deals where the U.S. comes out losing, and under-utilization of our domestic natural resources.

I will be the first to admit that Donald Trump is very uncouth in the way he expresses himself, but if you look at the core of his statements he wants nothing but change for the betterment of the ENTIRE country.

I cannot think of A SINGLE RACIST STATEMENT Donald Trump has made during the campaign. He has promised to stand up for the inner city black communities, he has promised to stand up for the legitimate Hispanic residents and citizens, he has promised to stand up for non extremist vetted Muslim immigrants, and he has also promised, the first republican to do so, to support the gay community.

Ilegal immigration is NOT a racial issue. ALL ilegal immigrants should not be here. It so happens because we share a border, that most ilegal immigrants are Mexican. Mexican is not a race! It is a nationality. Again, ilegal immigration is NOT a racial issue.

Globalist liberals like President Obama and his supporters are the reason this country is going to hell in a hand basket in the first place. When we as a nation put social "feel-good" issues such as transgender bathrooms, safe spaces, police relations, gay rights and over the top feminism above common sense practical issues such as national security, the economy, over regulation of business and taxes, it's no wonder we have the troubles on both fronts that we do. Social issues will ALWAYS be important for any nation to improve upon itself and progress but they will never be as important as practical matters. It is important to have a balance from both sides of the aisle in all of today's issues in varying degrees. Completely liberal or completely conservative legislation and jurisprudence is never healthy. Neither the completely liberal policies of the last eight years, or the potential of completely conservative policies are a good thing for this nation.

We all need to learn to be a little bit more moderate in our views and find a compromise. Sometimes I will feel a policy is too liberal and sometimes others will feel a policy is too conservative, if we can find a way to achieve this as our forefathers intended us to do, we can make America great again.

Regardless of the controversies surrounding each candidate this cycle, I believe with every fiber of my being that Donald Trump wants nothing but what's best for this country. It's important you (democrats and liberals) don't forget that he was a democrat for a large chunk of his life. It wasn't until the Democratic Party became so damn liberal and socialist that the President Elect crossed the aisle.

God bless Donald Trump, God bless each and every one of us and God bless the United States of America.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Freimann, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Last edit: by GHOSTRIDER1.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349697

• [*M] GAW
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4094
Well said.

I think the next 4 maybe 8 years is going to be very interesting. In a positive way.

And I just thought you were a talented banner maker.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349705

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Congratulations to Donald Trump.

I have had serious reservations about this election cycle since the push for the primaries. Once again the US has elected a president who did not win the popular vote... more people voted for Clinton, yet the presidency is determined by the electoral college which went the other way. (The GOP candidate has only won the popular vote twice in the last 8 elections) :blink: . It is very unfortunate that there will be many who will not support the new president because they may cling to this or any other reasons, real or imaginary so they can justify resisting the new Exec. Given Trump's rhetoric it would probably have been much worse if Clinton had won.

As far as labels are concerned "conservative" vs "liberal" is getting pretty blurred lately, especially when it comes to "globalism" and "isolationism". NAFTA was a (Bill) Clinton extension of an idea first pushed by Ronald Reagan. (Conservative patron saint)

The North American Free Trade Agreement: Ronald Reagan's Vision Realized

It was heavily resisted by liberals, specifically union supported democrats, Bill Clinton caught flack for supporting such a "conservative" policy. One of the main ideas was to open trade to stimulate the North American economy; specifically manufacturing in Mexico to provide better paying jobs and infrastructure south of the US border. The result was supposed to be decreased illegal immigration as more opportunities opened up in a healthy Mexican economy. Alas, much of the money that was intended for infrastructure "disappeared" and did not go to improvements of utilities and roads. Most of the new manufacturing was set up very close to the US border and has had little effect on the southern areas of the country. Some of the problem was pure corruption, some was political disagreement of how and where to build the infrastructure.... pretty common problems. My greatest optimism is that as a businessman (and a genuine political maverick) Trump may be better able to negotiate with other world leaders. His whole idea of "be unpredictable" for the sake of negotiating may have some merit.

Had NAFTA worked it may have curtailed most illegal immigration. NAFTA has increased US/Canadian trade, Canada was able to support their manufacturers. The US has a very real political problem with polarization, people love to put labels on ideas and reject or support them accordingly. It makes it politically difficult to both be a "globalist" and to be willing to be a "protectionist/isolationist" when you need to support domestic business. Ronald Reagan understood the importance of both positions and was accused of flip-flopping many times.

In my view, anyone who can live for a decade without changing some of their views probably does not spend much time thinking about them or they are simply listening to echoes of their own thoughts rather than looking for solutions. Trump may be enough of an outsider that he doesn't need to listen to the loud mouths of any one ideology. What will president Trump be like? Already he seems to be backing down for some of his extreme campaigning declarations. He may not be as angry as he has portrayed.

I know it's just a TV show, but the little I've seen of him in "The Apprentice" Trump has shown an attitude that supports "win at any cost". That's business. I doubt that candidate Trump and President Trump will be the same person.

Will he fulfill all of his campaign pledges? Bah! It's doubtful that he ever could. (I hope not in many cases) Although Republicans hold the House, senate and soon the Supreme Court, many of Trumps positions are not classically "conservative". He probably will not have a rubber stamp for many of his proposals and he will certainly have a challenge getting funding for many of them. Things he pushes for that are within the Republican agenda may pass fairly easily. Republicans now have an opportunity to see what they can do. Will their policies make the economy boom and make things better for all Americans? If the Republicans work together the only thing that can stand in their way is a Dem filibuster in the senate. We'll see.

I suspect the Trump presidency may end up breaking up our two party system. We may end up with a new party that supports social liberalism and economic conservatism. Presidents Jefferson, Madison, Monroe and Adams all belonged to what was called the "Democratic Republican Party".
:lol:

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349748

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hello!
I have a question, about the voting system of the states. How come the popular vote, the voice of the people has less weight? I heard that the voting systems is very old and was design to bring a balance for some problems of those old times. Isn’t more important to value the vote of every American as an individual? Why does the other type of vote have more value? It doesn’t seem fair or at least it looks strange and confusing.
:huh:

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349756

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Ace, please stop reformatting your text. I can only read about 2/3's of it because it keeps getting cut off on the right side

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349763

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good points Dix, especially regarding the debt to China.

Trump really is a major change from previous presidents. His wealth alone can insulate him from many potential disasters that others could not risk. Trump has said things to the effect that he is not afraid of debt. He has said that bankruptcy is an opportunity to renegotiate debt, his business history shows that he has experience in this. The fact that China holds so much of the rest of the world's debt makes it so China has a vested interest in the health of those who owe them.

One of his primary platforms is energy independence. If that is attained and if more manufacturing is brought back to the states the US could survive some pretty heavy isolationism. Defaulting on foreign debt might not be such a problem for someone with such views.

Trump was threatening Apple recently, he was saying they need to bring manufacturing back to the states if they want to sell products here. Apple is one of the greatest exporters of cash from the US. They hold billions of $ off shore and refuse to repatriate it under the 35% corporate tax rate. Trump has proposed to reduce repatriation taxes to 15%. That alone could bring billions back into the Us treasury and it could be done very soon after he takes office. The support he would receive for such a move would give him enormous domestic political clout. It really does have a chance of encouraging big business to reinvest, creating many new jobs locally. This is the kind of ideas that economic conservative "protectionists" have been salivating over. It looks like they're going to get a chance to try it.

The wild card is his lack of tact... he doesn't seem to be afraid to make enemies. He has expressed a philosophy that if someone "hurts" you you need to hurt them back so hard that they won't dare mess with you again. Hmmm... It might work great until someone else is crazy enough or "backed into a corner" enough that they don't back down. What would happen if he made another nuclear power or their ally feel they have no other options?

We are living in interesting times. :huh:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #349766

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hello!
I have a question, about the voting system of the states. How come the popular vote, the voice of the people has less weight? I heard that the voting systems is very old and was design to bring a balance for some problems of those old times. Isn’t more important to value the vote of every American as an individual? Why does the other type of vote have more value? It doesn’t seem fair or at least it looks strange and confusing.huh:

The short answer is in each state is given a certain number of representatives in the US House of Representatives. They are that same number of votes in the electoral college. For example, I live in Texas and Texas has 38 voters in the electoral college. There are much like the delegates that vote in the primary, except no matter their political affiliation, if they have one, they are required to vote based upon who won the presidential election with in that state.

The reason a president can sometimes when the electoral college but not the popular vote is large cities such as New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. This might seem kind of shitty, and it is a little bit on the surface. However, do United States is so vast and diverse that if we use the popular vote and the popular vote alone The votes within the large concentrations of population would end up being the only ones that count and the rural people of America would not have a voice in the presidential election. This was put in place many years ago when there was a large number of states with nothing but settlers, yet there was still 60 to 75% of the electorate living in a handful of cities on the eastern seaboard. While this is not exactly the case anymore it is still important because if we do not have the electoral college New York Chicago and Los Angeles would elect every single president always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Freimann, Acegirl

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 0.706 seconds