Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311716

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

zuperman wrote: Dogfight and Dogfight Elite will be completely independent of each other. What you do on one will have no impact on the other.

The only exception is that the first week of January I will manually copy the Dogfight database into Dogfight Elite so that existing players can move on and play Dogfight Elite with all current purchases. After that, they are two different games.

what about squadrons? if a squadron leader from the original game does not join dogfight elite then does that mean that the squadron does not exist in dogfight elite? you would have to create the squadron again in dogfight elite ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by WB|War hawk1-5.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311718

• XtremeTronners
  • Thank you received: 9
Bro i cant understand what u r saying....The People who r playing in this dogfight will shfifted on another game or we can play in this game while another game launches i have a problem
TS|XtremeTronners.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311730

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788

TS|XtremeTronners wrote: Bro i cant understand what u r saying....The People who r playing in this dogfight will shfifted on another game or we can play in this game while another game launches i have a problem

XtremeTronners this game will continue as it is. DF Elite will be available as another application. If you don't want to play Df elite, you can continue playing DF as usual.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311734

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

WB|War hawk1-5 wrote:

zuperman wrote: Dogfight and Dogfight Elite will be completely independent of each other. What you do on one will have no impact on the other.

The only exception is that the first week of January I will manually copy the Dogfight database into Dogfight Elite so that existing players can move on and play Dogfight Elite with all current purchases. After that, they are two different games.

what about squadrons? if a squadron leader from the original game does not join dogfight elite then does that mean that the squadron does not exist in dogfight elite? you would have to create the squadron again in dogfight elite ?

Good Question. As zuperman mentioned, he will be making an exact duplicate copy of squadron along with members in Dogfight Elite as presently available in dogfight. So squadron officers, who doesn't have the minimum required configuration device may have to delegate powers to their loyal members. Eg, if you are playing on PC and you don't have windows 10, you will not be able to load dogfight elite. so if power is vested with members who have not installed df elite, they will not be able to accept or reject new member's application. But I am sure all the squad first officers will find out ways to manage their squadron. If not on PC then definitely through Smartphone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gustavo fire

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311736

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

WB|War hawk1-5 wrote:

Good Question. As zuperman mentioned, he will be making an exact duplicate copy of squadron along with members in Dogfight Elite as presently available in dogfight. So squadron officers, who doesn't have the minimum required configuration device may have to delegate powers to their loyal members. Eg, if you are playing on PC and you don't have windows 10, you will not be able to load dogfight elite. so if power is vested with members who have not installed df elite, they will not be able to accept or reject new member's application. But I am sure all the squad first officers will find out ways to manage their squadron. If not on PC then definitely through Smartphone.

it sounds like there will be a mess in a lot of squadrons when this happens... more corrupt squadrons and some being abandoned. I don't like the sound of that..

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311820

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
What about the forum? isn't it going to be murder trying to keep two games separate on one forum? Those poor nubies.

A forum ui update would nice.

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311823

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

[M]FOX#1 wrote: What about the forum? isn't it going to be murder trying to keep two games separate on one forum? Those poor nubies.

It will be different as quoted by Zuperman

zuperman wrote:

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Just a couple of questions:

Will the chat and/or the forum be combined between DF and Elite?

The chat definitely no. It will be different.
The forum, it will be different eventually. The reason is because I want to integrate the squadron stuff into the forum. But I haven't set a deadline for that yet.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311834

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Guys, I think you are overthinking it. The database will be copied next week so that you have all your stuff: airplanes, squadrons, everything... on Dogfight Elite.

If someone hasn't logged in for MONTHS. Again, MONTHS. I assume that that person is not playing and the account in Dogfight Elite and ONLY in Dogfight Elite will be removed.

There may be one or two people who has a reasonable explanation to own an ACTIVE squadron and not show up for months. Those I could count with one hand and all they have to do is write to me to work it out. Most people who hasn't played for months and own a squadron, they have abandoned the squadron and it is not active.

So, there is no mess. There is plenty of time to move into Dogfight Elite and your info will be there waiting for you. In the particular case that an issue arise, which I expect it to be very very few, I can handle those manually.

If I'm wrong and there are more than a handful of cases, I can write a system to migrate accounts once the dust settles. Honestly, I see no big deal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz, Cypher7{WP}, DFeño [ T F L ] Gabo, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311842

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
B) How about we all just wait till it arrives and then see what happens . Once we know what issues ,if any , them Zup can deal with them . No sense getting our knickers in a knot over something that hasnt happened yet . Looking forward to it to tell you the truth . Havnt had a new plane to play with for a long time .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, [NLR]Mysterio, D93 Big Gunzzz

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311844

• D93 Big Gunzzz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2164

[*M] CC RIDER wrote: B) How about we all just wait till it arrives and then see what happens . Once we know what issues ,if any , them Zup can deal with them . No sense getting our knickers in a knot over something that hasnt happened yet . Looking forward to it to tell you the truth . Havnt had a new plane to play with for a long time .

CC

You took the words right out of my mouth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by D93 Big Gunzzz.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311845

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Exactly. This is how I began the text: Important: things may change, this is my current estimate.

So, if anything goes seriously wrong, it's not like I've signed a contract with blood and swore it to the gods. I can fix it!

Happy 2016!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1, [NLR] McFate, MICHAEL KANE.., D- CC RIDER, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [NLR]Mysterio, nebular, D93 Big Gunzzz, DFeño [ T F L ] Gabo, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311853

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[NLR] The Blue Fighter wrote:

[M]FOX#1 wrote: What about the forum? isn't it going to be murder trying to keep two games separate on one forum? Those poor nubies.

It will be different as quoted by Zuperman

zuperman wrote:

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Just a couple of questions:

Will the chat and/or the forum be combined between DF and Elite?

The chat definitely no. It will be different.
The forum, it will be different eventually. The reason is because I want to integrate the squadron stuff into the forum. But I haven't set a deadline for that yet.

Thats not what I asked as quoted by Fox#1 " isn't it going to be murder trying to keep two games separate on one forum? "

So is there going to be two Forums or an totaly new one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pinkstar30

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311914

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Zup, Ive been hashing over ideas for this year's df music video, what would be the possibility I could make a game trailer for df elite? You won't have to use it ,but it would be nice to help out if I could.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311924

• LEEC-ART
  • Thank you received: 40
Hola mi estimado Joaquín (Zuperman) te escribo solo para hacer la petición para que pongas el aviso de cambio a dogfight elite en español, en su respectivo apartado ya que muchos de los jugadores de habla hispana no estamos al tanto de todos los cambios venideros, es algo necesario para todos nosotros ya que el poder disfrutar del juego no es solo para los hablantes del ingles, espero tu pronta respuesta. GRACIAS!

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #311985

• Sojan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Never go to bed angry, stay up and fight.
  • Thank you received: 176
Awsome! Glad to see you are still alive! (sory if I never paid, I have no way to do so.) But I was wondering if you would make a Linux version? I had to stop playing because I lost windows, and couldn't pay, so had to go on Linux. Or maybe you could make a web based version? Maybe it would be to hard, but knowing you were using unity, you could maybe try exporting for those platforms. If not,at least make an exe downloadable so we can try it on wine. (idk if universal will work on wine :\)

Its not the size of the dog in the fight; its the size of the fight in the dog.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312035

• airwolff
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • seek wisdom
  • Thank you received: 257

can you please provide a system whereby total assholes can be banned, blocked, or otherwise prevented from being in the game. currently there are no moderators, there are no administrators, as far as we can see complaints go unnoticed or ignored. there are a number of current players that are notorious for abusing glithces, unsportsmanlike conduct within the scenarios, and generally being jerks.

will we get a respite from these problems?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1, Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, D93 Big Gunzzz, Cypher7{WP}, DFeño [ T F L ] Gabo, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312044

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[M]FOX#1 wrote: Hey Zup, Ive been hashing over ideas for this year's df music video, what would be the possibility I could make a game trailer for df elite? You won't have to use it ,but it would be nice to help out if I could.

sure
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312045

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

LEEC-ART wrote: Hola mi estimado Joaquín (Zuperman) te escribo solo para hacer la petición para que pongas el aviso de cambio a dogfight elite en español, en su respectivo apartado ya que muchos de los jugadores de habla hispana no estamos al tanto de todos los cambios venideros, es algo necesario para todos nosotros ya que el poder disfrutar del juego no es solo para los hablantes del ingles, espero tu pronta respuesta. GRACIAS!

Lo hare en un par de dias
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312046

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

airwolff wrote: can you please provide a system whereby total assholes can be banned, blocked, or otherwise prevented from being in the game. currently there are no moderators, there are no administrators, as far as we can see complaints go unnoticed or ignored. there are a number of current players that are notorious for abusing glithces, unsportsmanlike conduct within the scenarios, and generally being jerks.

will we get a respite from these problems?

I'm working on a better system. I moderate right now daily, going over the complains. I just don't reply to most of them, i just act upon them. So probably I need to make a system where people get a reply and don't think they've been ignored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312047

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I hope to release on Android on January 4. I'm with family these days and I don't want to risk a release just to have to spend the vacations working to fix things. So by January 4 I should be able to make the first beta release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, Templar, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, DFeño [ T F L ] Gabo, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312050

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.

zuperman wrote: I hope to release on Android on January 4. I'm with family these days and I don't want to risk a release just to have to spend the vacations working to fix things. So by January 4 I should be able to make the first beta release.

Thank you for updating us as I was trying again and again to look for android version on google store. Take you time and relax your mind with family. You are doing great and I'm sure it will be smooth release as per schedule. Happy New Year to you and your family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312053

• [TFL] alwaystrouble
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Stay positive
  • Thank you received: 257
Hello zup, I wanted to introduce myself. Alwaystrouble2. Great game Thank you

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312101

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
Do you let people know why they have been banned and are there warnings to permanent bans?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312114

• 6gun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 165
What platform is kindle?

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312117

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Hey guys, back off Zuperman, he's on holiday. Family time is sacred.
Whatever DF2 is like, it is already, It's a bit late for suggestions and questions.
Children, DF2 is a gift you can't unwrap yet.
Contain your excitement. Just wait and see.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Mongo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Last edit: by Gannet.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312162

• Redwasp
  • Thank you received: 81

Hi Zup. I just have one question about you manually putting in the money stats and levels of the players on Dogfight to Dogfight Elite. Why not start everyone on level one. Then there will not be any problems with squad ranking and if a player is on DF and not on DF elite. I would think you would be finically better by starting the 2 games separate and upgrades having to be bought again. I think everyone should start as a noob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WEREWULF, BLACK MAGIC

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312196

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

6. gun wrote: What platform is kindle?

I think the new HDX is only 3.something

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312232

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

Redwasp2 wrote: Hi Zup. I just have one question about you manually putting in the money stats and levels of the players on Dogfight to Dogfight Elite. Why not start everyone on level one. Then there will not be any problems with squad ranking and if a player is on DF and not on DF elite. I would think you would be finically better by starting the 2 games separate and upgrades having to be bought again. I think everyone should start as a noob.

I kinda agree I was hoping to have something to fight for again .like when I was a noob the one thing that drove me was becoming a moraf.learning the skills I needed to stay alive .and earning the respect of the older pilots .I wouldn't mind seeing the squads transferred.that would make thing easier.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312235

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I thought about that but remember that Dogfight Elite was planned to be a continuation of Dogfight, so it has the same airplanes and missions plus all the new stuff. If I reset everyone to zero, they will have to replay again the same missions and stuff to get the same WWI airplanes. I would think that's boring. You will have all WWII stuff to go for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, [e]hammer_tool, _bts, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, {O}__PREDATOR__, D- CC RIDER, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Lunas Wolf WP**** and 2 other people also said thanks.

Dogfight Elite launch roadmap 8 years 2 months ago #312236

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Thank.you zup that clears thing up .

Right now I'm just hoping that I can play it on my HTC

Time to create page: 1.757 seconds