TOPIC:

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293450

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
yep and they would never shoot a man in a parachute either

MOA wrote: Truth is they had parachutes at the start of the war neither side used them as they feared pilots would jump at the first bullet that hit their plane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293451

• MOA
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Riding zeppelins before it was cool!
  • Thank you received: 140
True true and they would never bomb modern aircraft carriers :woohoo:

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293454

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Are.we.beating the old horse or.did we get a new horse to beat? If it's a new horse we get steaks if it's the old one we can have burgers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293455

• MOA
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Riding zeppelins before it was cool!
  • Thank you received: 140
Unhhhhhhhhhh what?

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293462

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
The game works well for everybody. You can play a DogFight mission, capture the flag or carrier, or a zep game, none of these games require a bomb. The "BOMBING" missions (hangars or carriers) require you to "BOMB" something. I think I'm pointing out the obvious here, play the way you like, whenever you like. That's pretty much the answer, if you wish to turn fight look for bomb less missions. I myself look for bombing missions. I hope this helps. Ugh

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]Comet, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Husky Dog, Raz, S99

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293463

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am more precise then a SNIPER!!...
  • Thank you received: 204

Zup I will recommend limit the tracers to sight line only.. And the distance of the sight line should be like real... And add physics to the bullets... After all we are shooting bullets not lazers that will hit the target fro. Wherever u hit. May it be like light years ;) .. If u limit the tracers then I am sure no one will complain bcz they will have to be prepared for everything... Now they just want to headon bcz they know they will see everyone from pretty far and kill them bcz they have practiced headon burst for number of years .... Y should a noob who can't fly straight become a food for the headoners??? And those who say people drop to pad their stats should know that headons give faster kills and ultimately faster stats... If we wanted to pad stats we would stick to headons not turnfighting... We are now forced to learn headons and sacrifice or style of play... Why?? ... Now it is like telling a kid to read history where he love mathematics......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293464

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

And those who say we can play games other then bombing games... How do we get them?? Above all why should we?? Most of u have the best planes why don't you drop too to get a fighter plane?? I will complain then that these guys always headons, he wants fast kills(yes headons gives faster and more kills then turnfighting ) and are padding their stats!! Bcz they cant take us down fast enough and we interface their act of padding up stats they are sayin us to play different games then they do :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293465

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

One Last thing. Make this a permadeath game... If u are dead go get another server.. Then lemme see how many of u comes for headons!!

Last edit: by S99.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293475

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4449
Yeah
Yeah
Yeah

I reckon if you get shot down you should loose three times as many points as you would gain with a kill.
(You've just lost a very expensive piece of Air Corp property !
They don't grow on trees you know.
Who do you think you are, James Bond?)

Then we'll see how keen you are to go head on....

Yeah
Yeah
Yeah
The following user(s) said Thank You: S99

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293477

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Here we go again.

When you fly around without a bomb and the reds all are carrying bombs, that makes your aircraft superior in performance and maneuverability to all the red aircraft. On top of that you cannot complete the objective without bombing the indicated target. Most folks consider that padding your stats because a) you are prolonging the game by not working to complete the objective, and b) using your aircrafts performance advantage to prey on bomb laden reds.

"Oh but I am helping because I am preventing the red bombers from reaching the objective!" Yeah, but you can accomplish the same by carrying bombs and shooting down the reds as they approach or taking a high or wide route to your target. Also, from a bombers point of view, you aren't helping a thing because your flying around light causes the reds to fly light to match you, and now I am an easy target with my heavy and slow aircraft with bombs. Thanks for that. :side:

"Oh but I cant select what type of match I get!", Sure you can. Put a crowbar in your wallet and squeeze the $1.99 out monthly, then you can go to whatever server you want, select a game when all your opponents are also light and maneuverable, and take your chances there. Problem solved. The really great turnfighters, specifically ZebraUp, will select games which a bomb is not required, and then rack up aerial victories against other fighter aircraft. That is the sign of a great turnfighter. Not amassing victories as a fighter aircraft shooting down bombers...... does any of that make sense?

Geez dude, if you have to win every video game you play then I recommend you seek professional help, because your self-esteem needs bolstering or something. Dunno, I'm not a professional.

Anyone can spot a chronic dropper by the kills to hangar stats. It is very easy to watch folks brag on wc, then look at their actual stats, and put everything into perspective. "Oh I am so deadly, and quite the turnfighter, just look at my kdr!" Yeah, anyone can be a great turnfighter against a bomb carrying aircraft. That is quite some accomplishment. Put your arm straight up in the air, fold it over, and pat your self on the back. You are just that awesome. :whistle:

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Comet, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, 6gun, Artho[M]an, Husky Dog, Dunc7, Skeeter72{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293478

• Dunc7
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2040

I hope people read what you said, Viper, cause I think you did a great job of pointing out the rationalizations some people use to justify their pathetic behavior. Well done, sir!

[img]https://imgur.com/0UdWzoB] [img]https://i.imgur.com/irK7ubH.png[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293486

• 111th| Heroicz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top 100 {Moraf}.."Try Not To Think About It ?" :)
  • Thank you received: 291
O.k. Guys, truth be told & this topic of discussion of this thread has been closed to the public for viewing for about yes, 3 months. I happened to run across it looking for something else. So then I thought about it & thought it would be interesting to see what the ~dogfighters~ think of ballistics being evaluated ?

Well, I honestly respect all opinion as stated. I'm not here to look @ each other nasty with hatred, who do/ does that ? Not me. Just a topic of discussion.. & not a new 1 huh ? :) If u read over my initial statement & you'll see that I weren't complaining about the realism.. as sum may took to ? But rather it's hard or shall I say a little more difficult to shoot @ a dot, causes strain to human eye's ? @ least when engage in a turn-fight that you are able to see the plane, & see the plane in its "entire re."

To me, night changing games is not really as of a gud idea as well for eye sight longevity ? I mean what doesn't kil u will make u stronger but it sure would be nice to play without tapping in to our Super human ability. I mean I don't know if my X-ray vision in unlimited ? :unsure: but anyways..

Oh yea, In a bombing mission u can do as u darn well please. It's by choice, not by force. A player doesn't have to Win the Game.. that's why there's an option to lose ? :whistle: If u'r pilot is drunk of 'Crack" that is his or her prerogative. Makes the game all the more realistic if u drop your bombs & miss the target or if you prematurely have a spasm ? :woohoo: :woohoo: it would be the pilots fault then if he or she doesn't Win right ? Why would you want to force a pilot to bomb your own hangers thus you would lose the game ? :huh: :huh: Never heard of that ? :whistle: Never played an arcade game for that matter as well were you weren't allowed to make your own decisions ? If u want to lose u can ? Why try to force sum 1 to Win.. & against u ? :lol: I don't mind being a rich person by default ? I won't be mad @ me cause I didn't have to work @ it to become rich, might be a down fall but hey, I will get over it ? :lol: I'm 1rst in Command of The 111th Falcons by default, but heck, dn't see me complaining about that ? :lol: Can't help it.. it's still falls in range of protocol, so I have not cheated ? :)

Once again.. to you smart people. The game has implemented tank like things in this game to do what ? Yes, how did you know !? That's right, an alterative way to bomb. Thank you all for u'r time & consideration.. but if the shooting (ballistic) range is not shorten, then be prepared for a massive overload in "DROPPING". Can't see to far off.. have to make it closer to u'r plane to be able to shoot u down ? Sorry, but I don't need a B.52 in order to get that job done.. but maybe somebody eles would like to hold their bombs ? idk ? Might wanna ask.. & nicely, cause how can a opposite Squadron push any weight on demanding, commanding, or telling anybody what to do ? :S :ohmy: :huh:

Gud day Gentlemen,
The 111th Falcon Squadron/ 1rst in Command.. ~Cum honorem et dignitatem~
Hero!cz/ Hero!cs/ Hero!c
The 111th Falcon Squadron.. Marshal of The Royal Air Force.

Last edit: by 111th| Heroicz.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293489

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065

111th| Heroicz wrote: O.k. Guys, truth be told & this topic of discussion of this thread has been closed to the public for viewing for about yes, 3 months. I happened to run across it looking for something else. So then I thought about it & thought it would be interesting to see what the ~dogfighters~ think of ballistics being evaluated ?

Well, I honestly respect all opinion as stated. I'm not here to look @ each other nasty with hatred, who do/ does that ? Not me. Just a topic of discussion.. & not a new 1 huh ? :) If u read over my initial statement & you'll see that I weren't complaining about the realism.. as sum may took to ? But rather it's hard or shall I say a little more difficult to shoot @ a dot, causes strain to human eye's ? @ least when engage in a turn-fight that you are able to see the plane, & see the plane in its "entire re."

To me, night changing games is not really as of a gud idea as well for eye sight longevity ? I mean what doesn't kil u will make u stronger but it sure would be nice to play without tapping in to our Super human ability. I mean I don't know if my X-ray vision in unlimited ? :unsure: but anyways..

Oh yea, In a bombing mission u can do as u darn well please. It's by choice, not by force. A player doesn't have to Win the Game.. that's why there's an option to lose ? :whistle: If u'r pilot is drunk of 'Crack" that is his or her prerogative. Makes the game all the more realistic if u drop your bombs & miss the target or if you prematurely have a spasm ? :woohoo: :woohoo: it would be the pilots fault then if he or she doesn't Win right ? Why would you want to force a pilot to bomb your own hangers thus you would lose the game ? :huh: :huh: Never heard of that ? :whistle: Never played an arcade game for that matter as well were you weren't allowed to make your own decisions ? If u want to lose u can ? Why try to force sum 1 to Win.. & against u ? :lol: I don't mind being a rich person by default ? I won't be mad @ me cause I didn't have to work @ it to become rich, might be a down fall but hey, I will get over it ? :lol: I'm 1rst in Command of The 111th Falcons by default, but heck, dn't see me complaining about that ? :lol: Can't help it.. it's still falls in range of protocol, so I have not cheated ? :)

Once again.. to you smart people. The game has implemented tank like things in this game to do what ? Yes, how did you know !? That's right, an alterative way to bomb. Thank you all for u'r time & consideration.. but if the shooting (ballistic) range is not shorten, then be prepared for a massive overload in "DROPPING". Can't see to far off.. have to make it closer to u'r plane to be able to shoot u down ? Sorry, but I don't need a B.52 in order to get that job done.. but maybe somebody eles would like to hold their bombs ? idk ? Might wanna ask.. & nicely, cause how can a opposite Squadron push any weight on demanding, commanding, or telling anybody what to do ? :S :ohmy: :huh:

Gud day Gentlemen,
Hero!cz/ Hero!cs/ Hero!c

I honestly don't give two turds about your opinion, but this English thing needs to be addressed. You have never answered me straight. Is it your first language?
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, 111th| Heroicz

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293490

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Just gunna say this the turning is un realistic also should that be changed? I mean if a plane truned like that in ww1 it would rip the wings right off. Just sayin. ;)

Sir they are made of wood not paper.... Just sayin
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293491

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Viper10{WP} wrote:

Here we go again.

When you fly around without a bomb and the reds all are carrying bombs, that makes your aircraft superior in performance and maneuverability to all the red aircraft. On top of that you cannot complete the objective without bombing the indicated target. Most folks consider that padding your stats because a) you are prolonging the game by not working to complete the objective, and b) using your aircrafts performance advantage to prey on bomb laden reds.

"Oh but I am helping because I am preventing the red bombers from reaching the objective!" Yeah, but you can accomplish the same by carrying bombs and shooting down the reds as they approach or taking a high or wide route to your target. Also, from a bombers point of view, you aren't helping a thing because your flying around light causes the reds to fly light to match you, and now I am an easy target with my heavy and slow aircraft with bombs. Thanks for that. :side:

"Oh but I cant select what type of match I get!", Sure you can. Put a crowbar in your wallet and squeeze the $1.99 out monthly, then you can go to whatever server you want, select a game when all your opponents are also light and maneuverable, and take your chances there. Problem solved. The really great turnfighters, specifically ZebraUp, will select games which a bomb is not required, and then rack up aerial victories against other fighter aircraft. That is the sign of a great turnfighter. Not amassing victories as a fighter aircraft shooting down bombers...... does any of that make sense?

Geez dude, if you have to win every video game you play then I recommend you seek professional help, because your self-esteem needs bolstering or something. Dunno, I'm not a professional.

Anyone can spot a chronic dropper by the kills to hangar stats. It is very easy to watch folks brag on wc, then look at their actual stats, and put everything into perspective. "Oh I am so deadly, and quite the turnfighter, just look at my kdr!" Yeah, anyone can be a great turnfighter against a bomb carrying aircraft. That is quite some accomplishment. Put your arm straight up in the air, fold it over, and pat your self on the back. You are just that awesome. :whistle:

You can't tell everything by stats sir... Take me for example: I seldom do drop and fly in a bombing game then I go and reload too!! But alas!! By kills and hanger radio shucks!!! Just because I couldn't kill that all reds whose plane are hidden by the name tag of his team!! So no tank neither did I bomb!! But on the other hand I fight hard on dropping game!!... I lost too many a bomb run that way!! And too bad carrier didn't give you hanger counts guess that would have made I it up even

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293493

• 111th| Heroicz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top 100 {Moraf}.."Try Not To Think About It ?" :)
  • Thank you received: 291

Weather[*M]an wrote:

111th| Heroicz wrote: O.k. Guys, truth be told & this topic of discussion of this thread has been closed to the public for viewing for about yes, 3 months. I happened to run across it looking for something else. So then I thought about it & thought it would be interesting to see what the ~dogfighters~ think of ballistics being evaluated ?

Gud day Gentlemen,
Hero!cz/ Hero!cs/ Hero!c

I honestly don't give two turds about your opinion, but this English thing needs to be addressed. You have never answered me straight. Is it your first language?

Trolling on the internet is not allowed.. but u might wanna check u'r inbox, there we can discuss matters.. privately. "Is English my 1rst language ?", Smh.. this Guy ? :lol: Lol
The 111th Falcon Squadron.. Marshal of The Royal Air Force.

Last edit: by 111th| Heroicz.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293494

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

S99 wrote:

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Just gunna say this the turning is un realistic also should that be changed? I mean if a plane truned like that in ww1 it would rip the wings right off. Just sayin. ;)

Oh really i thought they were made out of a lightweight aircraft aluminum. :blink: :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293549

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
I say leave it like it is . We didnt have aircraft carriers in world war 1 either and carriers still dont cruise around on duck pond lakes . So stop trying to get the game more realistic by changing projectile range . Leave it as it is please Zup .
Attachments:

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293552

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958

[*M] CC RIDER wrote: I say leave it like it is . We didnt have aircraft carriers in world war 1 either and carriers still dont cruise around on duck pond lakes . So stop trying to get the game more realistic by changing projectile range . Leave it as it is please Zup .

Good point! I might add if it were realistic and you were shot down, you'd never play again. Dead is dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293560

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[*M]TBUILT wrote:

S99 wrote:

Oh really i thought they were made out of a lightweight aircraft aluminum. :blink: :whistle:

Aluminum that time??
Check this out

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293561

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

DireWolf {WP} wrote:

[*M] CC RIDER wrote: I say leave it like it is . We didnt have aircraft carriers in world war 1 either and carriers still dont cruise around on duck pond lakes . So stop trying to get the game more realistic by changing projectile range . Leave it as it is please Zup .

Good point! I might add if it were realistic and you were shot down, you'd never play again. Dead is dead.

That's what I am asking for!! Why should we face the best even after breaking the nuts and using the best tactics and trying the most craziest and riskiest move to take them, what's the use when they will come up again instantly to kill us(let new players join instead of the dead). The fear of death will start a complete new level of gameplay and will force use of deadly tactics instead of mere head on fights flying through the middle . I wont worry about projectile drop but will vote for it if votes count... But I will strongly recommend to limit the tracers to line of sight only and decrease the distance from where the tracer appears ....

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293564

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065

S99 wrote:

DireWolf {WP} wrote:

That's what I am asking for!! Why should we face the best even after breaking the nuts and using the best tactics and trying the most craziest and riskiest move to take them, what's the use when they will come up again instantly to kill us(let new players join instead of the dead). The fear of death will start a complete new level of gameplay and will force use of deadly tactics instead of mere head on fights flying through the middle . I wont worry about projectile drop but will vote for it if votes count... But I will strongly recommend to limit the tracers to line of sight only and decrease the distance from where the tracer appears ....

Because the intent of this game is arcade style. You want realism? Go find another game and piss off. This game is what it describes, don't ask it to be something it won't and shouldn't be.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AGNI_VEER

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293569

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Weather[*M]an wrote:

S99 wrote:

DireWolf {WP} wrote:

Because the intent of this game is arcade style. You want realism? Go find another game and piss off. This game is what it describes, don't ask it to be something it won't and shouldn't be.

I am going nowhere!! If you fear this game will become hard then why don't you go and play candy crush instead?? (uhoh even there you have to wait for 20mins after you loose all the 5 lives) ;) :whistle: And this game is ' Dogfight' not some ' Plane shooter simulator'. These game says online air combat simulator ... Never knew a air combat where the bombers were fighting and killing each other or two planes initiating headons! Do you remember??
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, 111th| Heroicz

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293572

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
Wait,so you are telling me that ww I planes are not made of titanium :ohmy: I got this info from a very reliable source (TBUILT)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]Comet, AGNI_VEER

Last edit: by [*M]bhfoust. Reason: TBUILT 2016!!!

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293582

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

S99 wrote:

Weather[*M]an wrote:

S99 wrote:

DireWolf {WP} wrote:

I am going nowhere!! If you fear this game will become hard then why don't you go and play candy crush instead?? (uhoh even there you have to wait for 20mins after you loose all the 5 lives) ;) :whistle: And this game is ' Dogfight' not some ' Plane shooter simulator'. These game says online air combat simulator ... Never knew a air combat where the bombers were fighting and killing each other or two planes initiating headons! Do you remember??

Sorry I left that thank you on accident, you think we will fear this game if changes were made lmao he has changed it and it's become to easy with the bigger planes etc. another thing you must take me for a complete moron of course I know planes weren't made of aluminum :blink: they were made out of dried up wood and covered in canvas. That canvas was then covered with a coating to stiffen it up which was so flammable a bullet fried at it could set it on fire or even the slightest backfire from the engine could set it a blaze.

You obviously don't understand sarcasm when you see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]Comet, AGNI_VEER

Last edit: by [*M]TBUILT.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293584

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
I did a google search too, look what I found:

Huh, who whatta thunk?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]TBUILT, [*M]VonHuLK, MICHAEL KANE.., [*M]Comet, AGNI_VEER

Last edit: by [*M] bware. Reason: TBUILT 2016

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293587

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
I can hear Zuperman now, I've spent countless hours, days, months, years, making this game. Writing and rewriting the code, not only for one platform but for so many your head would spin. Today a fairly new player wants me "change" everything. This is what the world has come to, "if it's to hard, make it easier". Sorry, maybe I'm just old school. LEARN TO PLAY. Just like the hundreds of thousands before you did, if you can't figure it out, go find an easier game. Like all the rest of the players here, I didn't start out as a killer. I got my ass handed to me for months. Did I quit? Did I ask for the game to be easier? Did I complain? NO. I watched, I asked questions, I learned, Quit your whining and fight. If you make the game easy, you will not feel any accomplisishment after winning. Anything worth having is worth working for. Good luck in life, if the easy road is what you are looking for. You are going to live a very hard life.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, [*M]TBUILT, Gizmo., 111th| Heroicz, [*M]Comet, Gannet, MOA, AGNI_VEER

Last edit: by [*M]VonHuLK.

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293594

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[*M] bware wrote: I did a google search too, look what I found:

Huh, who whatta thunk?

Lol sir I almost thought that it was real... Hehehe :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, AGNI_VEER

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293595

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Do you really think that the only reason people might want to change the game is to make it easier for themselves? Bah!

By reading all of the "keep it how it is" posts, those people are saying they don't want it to change because it's what they are used to. What? It won't be easy to get used to something new? You might not have as easy a time if things change? The one constant to DF is that it has been changing since it was first launched, sure some changes made rough spots and some updates didn't go smoothly...I'm guessing a big part of what is taking so long is that zup is trying to make it easier to make updates or changes. He said something to that effect when he was talking about the need to drop older platforms from the design for elite.

Get used to it. It will change. There is no way he can keep everyone happy and some of his statements have said; in effect, if you don't like it you don't need to stay, he is not beholden to the old players. How many "regular active players" do you think there are, 300? 400? 500? Compare that to how many new accounts come in each month. A new account with 0 kills, 0 deaths is ranked around what 300,000? From a business perspective what should he be focusing on, the few, the proud, those with the most bluster and whine, or should he be trying to turn some new sign ups into new players who will want to stick around?

Maybe having less kill range will change everything, maybe not. I always hope that the changes he makes will make strategy a more important part of the game. In my opinion, requiring more abstract thinking will improve the game over all. The harder it is to hit someone the more engagement there is, the more thinking is required. If you spend anytime looking up air combat maneuvering you quickly become aware of how little of it can be implemented in this game the way it is... don't care? You just want it to stay the way you're comfortable with? I'll bet that one of Zuperman's biggest headaches has been this forum. I wonder, if you compare how much revenue has come out of forum users to how much has come from non-forum users.... of course there is no way to accurately quantify that. I'm sure someone will try but since no one can accurately say what percentage of players even use the forum it's all a guess anyway.

Basically if you think the only reason to want to change the kill range is to make it easier for some... Bah! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: S99

Kill Range to far 8 years 7 months ago #293598

• S99
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[*M]VonHuLK wrote: I can hear Zuperman now, I've spent countless hours, days, months, years, making this game. Writing and rewriting the code, not only for one platform but for so many your head would spin. Today a fairly new player wants me "change" everything. This is what the world has come to, "if it's to hard, make it easier". Sorry, maybe I'm just old school. LEARN TO PLAY. Just like the hundreds of thousands before you did, if you can't figure it out, go find an easier game. Like all the rest of the players here, I didn't start out as a killer. I got my ass handed to me for months. Did I quit? Did I ask for the game to be easier? Did I complain? NO. I watched, I asked questions, I learned, Quit your whining and fight. If you make the game easy, you will not feel any accomplisishment after winning. Anything worth having is worth working for. Good luck in life, if the easy road is what you are looking for. You are going to live a very hard life.

If this post is meant for me sir then:
Do you think I am trying to make this game a bit easy?? What good it do to me if there were no or limited tracers?? What good would it do it me if there were bullet drops(I got 70% of my kills in headons) ?? I am just trying to make it a bit tactical and real I have no offence against headons! But think what will be the level of the game and how happy will we be if we could win a game like real heroes(w/o dying because I want it to be a permadeath game too) . And I am not the best turnfighter not the best headonner... I know I won't survive in a game like that but I am ready to take challenges!! Wont it be more fun to win a challenging game??
The following user(s) said Thank You: AGNI_VEER

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds