Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194373

• BLDMS7144|FR|
  • BLDMS7144|FR|'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Ok so the new update came out and they added new stats to the planes the Nieport 17 is the tier 4 allied plane and its stats are 3 speed 4 manuverability and 4 for the bullets and i've noticed how the last update that the spad and the n17 had the same stats 3 speed 3 manuverability and 3 in bullets and now that the stats have changed I wanna know whats your opinion on the new n17, is it better than the spad,albatros dv and the pfalz d3 or does it just plain suck and I wasted my money for nothing(I rlly did pay money for this!!)Give me your opinion on the n17 about its performance and how it compares with other planes and please from a scale 1-5 whats your opinion on the n17? I will too give my opinion once I fully upgraded it and spend my time with it.
1st try a total lost. Dont worry 2nd try is the charm! BLDMS7144 future ace in training,watch the skies!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194405

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

a couple of months ago the Nieuport X.VII was a tier above the Spad and handled awesome (MAYBE a tiny bit better than the Spad) but had a larger airframe it seemed (so perhaps easier to hit?) and had a lot more ammo than the Spad.

The best person to ask about it that I know of would be SkyStorm who exclusively use the Nieuport for the longest time and was a very tough opponent while flying it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ziza

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194465

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

The Nieport 17 is my current top tier allied plane so I fly it exclusively. (All the other allied planes I own still need upgraded) Prior to the upgrade I was fairly capable with the 17 and could normally score fairly well. Since the upgrade it feels like a flying bullseye but I am not sure if that is due to the aircraft itself, its hack of a pilot, or the upgraded opponent aircraft. I will say when the server tells me I am allied I hope my game includes mostly lower ranks and no D8's, as I have quite a difficult time scoring kills against them. At this point I think the D8 guys are fairly confident and if I can get past them and they are still carrying a bomb I can usually win the turn fight in the 17. The trick is getting past them...

I give the 17 a solid 2.75 using your scale.

I will say that flying against one in my DV on my 8.1 and the n17 is on a kindle I cannot win the turn fight, so others may chime in and give it higher marks.

Hope that helps somewhat

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194475

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411

Viper10{WP} wrote: The Nieport 17 is my current top tier allied plane so I fly it exclusively. (All the other allied planes I own still need upgraded) Prior to the upgrade I was fairly capable with the 17 and could normally score fairly well. Since the upgrade it feels like a flying bullseye but I am not sure if that is due to the aircraft itself, its hack of a pilot, or the upgraded opponent aircraft. I will say when the server tells me I am allied I hope my game includes mostly lower ranks and no D8's, as I have quite a difficult time scoring kills against them. At this point I think the D8 guys are fairly confident and if I can get past them and they are still carrying a bomb I can usually win the turn fight in the 17. The trick is getting past them...

I give the 17 a solid 2.75 using your scale.

I will say that flying against one in my DV on my 8.1 and the n17 is on a kindle I cannot win the turn fight, so others may chime in and give it higher marks.

Hope that helps somewhat

In comparison to the SPAD (my current top tier, Allies), the N17 is a fairly even match. It is the Pflaz (stat and size-wise) of the Allies due to its similar size and performance, whereas the SPAD is more of the Albatros DV (more speed). Do note that the N17 has a 4 bar agility allowing it to hold its own against higher tiers with the right tactics. It is also a lot more maneuverable than the Pfalz.

IMO, the N17 is for those who favor more agility while still saving up for the higher tiers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raider

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194518

• hightowercrew
  • If i can see you, your in range
  • Thank you received: 30
All I know is that my spad sucks now. And it's fully upgraded. It is much easier target. I haven't come across many with the 17 maybe we all still think its crap, but with new update almost any plane seems better than spad at this point. I just bought se5a and in process of upgrading it, but im out of money. Then I will save for top planes.

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194558

• BLDMS7144|FR|
  • BLDMS7144|FR|'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
So basicaly you say the n17 sucks cause of the 2.75 out of 5
1st try a total lost. Dont worry 2nd try is the charm! BLDMS7144 future ace in training,watch the skies!!

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194610

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I put it above average. A 2.5 would be average.

Considering I have been around only 6 months and am a mere level 20 pilot on a (reportedly) substandard windows 8.1 laptop my skills could be the most important factor in my assessment of the 17. Others with more experience may give it higher marks.

Does that make more sense?

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Whats your opinion of the new nieport 17 9 years 9 months ago #194613

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
sometimes statistic bars don't tell the full story.

i flew the spad for a very long time and still consider it my favorite plane. i was also puzzled by the similarity (before the update) of stats between the spad and the n17. it seemed the only difference was the amount of ammo they could hold. i didn't take into consideration that the n17 is built differently than the spad and to me, seems smaller and more nimble.

since the update, the spad has more speed and the n17 has more turn. but it still remains that they are just built differently. the spad is a good plane for a fight, but the n17 is the better plane in my opinion. it's also noteworthy that the n17 stops very quickly upon touching the ground. not sure why but it just does. so that has been a help in capture the carrier missions when a quick landing is the difference between a win and a loss sometimes.

moral of the story is, you bought a good plane and the next step is to learn to use it as effectively as you can. kill those reds!

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] Robert33

Last edit: by horriblebreast.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds