• Page:

TOPIC:

This is for those who doubt WWI aircraft. 11 years 3 months ago #59032

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898

Allied wrote: The "Red Tails" during WWII pushed the P-51c to the limit.They were forced to use hand me down planes but they managed in shooting down a couple of ME-262s.That is an example of pushing planes to the limit.

Pretty good Allied. The Tuskeegee Airmen were initially assigned P-40Ls when they were first sent to North Africa. They then transitioned over to the P-47s for a short time, where they initally began using their red tailed color scheme. They then received the P-51D in April of 1944, and had those for the remainder of the war.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

This is for those who doubt WWI aircraft. 11 years 3 months ago #61096

• creditoroy
  • Thank you received: 4
I think that it would have to be a pretty big airport. There wouldn't be enough work for me alone at my local airport, let alone the hundred or so other boys who would love to try the same thing. The commute to a large enough airport would take up more than all my pay. :dry:

This is for those who doubt WWI aircraft. 11 years 3 months ago #61100

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
CR, I assume you're referring to my suggestion about working at your local airport for flying lessons. There's a hundred or so other boys saying the same thing. The one that shows initiative is the one to soar. In the skies, as well as life.

This is for those who doubt WWI aircraft. 11 years 2 months ago #61560

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210

Jacob10000 wrote: I'm sick and tired of people saying that WWI aircraft weren't very agile, and that our planes in "dogfight" aren't realistic because they turn faster than the real thing. The first question i have for these people is, Have you ever flown a small/light aircraft? (you might be very surprised with what even you're basic little Cessna is capable of) second, how many WWI airplanes have you seen fly? (by pilots of that era who weren't afraid to push the aircraft to its limits).

To address my first question, here is a video i found on YouTube of someone "ringing out" a Cessna 152. (I apologize for suggesting that you watch a video with such terrible music)

Now, for my second question here's something to think about. (these two videos are from the 1930 HowarD Hughes film Hells Angels) enjoy!

Can you believe the stuff they did with the bomber? Kinda makes our SE5s look weak.

It is true

I have used a Cessna on an ultra realistic flight simulator and its pretty agile

I would say that the flight dynamics are very relistic. The is another game like dogfight but the planes dynamics are lousy. Name "Sky's Of Glory"

Ready to Die? Good
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

This is for those who doubt WWI aircraft. 11 years 1 month ago #71412

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210
This doesn't get much attention

Ready to Die? Good