Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106590

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 686
He wants to camp and unload on spawning planes is what he wants ....skill scares people like that .and hard work . Its work to shoit people down .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106596

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Just because you have freedom it doesn't mean that you have to take advantage of it. For example , after I bomb my target I try to get back to base for a reload. This doesn't mean that I just turn and run. If I am pursued, I usually turn and fight, then I continue back to base. I do however stick around for a bit if I have a teammate close behind.

Limiting altitude is just stupid. If you can't guard your base, it gets bombed. When I don't see an enemy player for a bit, I assume they are going high or around. I have saved many games by paying attention to where people are.

To those who think we should just fight head on/joust. Google "Dicta Boelcke" and maybe you will learn a thing or two about WW1 aerial combat.

Good day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snobumm1

Last edit: by [NLR]Jacob10000.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106598

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
I think we can all agree there but two kinds of people that need to be spawn killed till they pack their toys and go home crying.... (1) Spawn killers..... (2) Potty months...... Agreed?
I could care....But I dont

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106630

• ParrotHead
  • ParrotHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Ok hold on a sec.... I think a few of us need to google "sarcasm".

I don't Mus was justifying spawn killing. What I took from his post is that we don't always have to take the most drastic measure to fix a problem and not every situation is a problem for everyone.

He's a good guy or at least has been in my games with him. Lets try to keep this civil please (everyone).
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hansone, Luna, Musicious, [NLR] McFate

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106635

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Jacob10000 wrote: Just because you have freedom it doesn't mean that you have to take advantage of it. For example , after I bomb my target I try to get back to base for a reload. This doesn't mean that I just turn and run. If I am pursued, I usually turn and fight, then I continue back to base. I do however stick around for a bit if I have a teammate close behind.

Limiting altitude is just stupid. If you can't guard your base, it gets bombed. When I don't see an enemy player for a bit, I assume they are going high or around. I have saved many games by paying attention to where people are.

To those who think we should just fight head on/joust. Google "Dicta Boelcke" and maybe you will learn a thing or two about WW1 aerial combat.

Good day.

I do the same thing. If i get a chance to break defence and attack i will go there with a bomb and fight my way to their base. If i get lucky i make it to their hangers (but its more rare than common) once bombed i will stick around for a few seconds and act as a distraction so my teammates can bomb their base. If there is no reason for me to stay i head back. And engage whoever attempts to shoot me down. Not saying I'm always successful but I will not turn my back and run. I will fight till one of us go down in smoke.

Most of the time though i stay near the base in total defense.I have noticed if we just fly to their base over and over again, that leaves them the room to make high runs or to go around and get to our base. I have lost way too many games because people don't pay attention where the other guys are. So I am constantly in check with the stats page to see who is in the game and how long it's been since they have been spotted. If they have been quiet or no one has seen them then I will stay near the base at 500 to 1000 feet that way I can see them no matter what height they are at. I have saved many games myself doing things like this. I may not get many bombs and but thanks to me I can prevent a lot of other bombs being dropped on our base. Some people don't understand this and will yell at me if they get the chance but its my base and I will protect it.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106637

• Trone187
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 655

Kestrel wrote:

Jacob10000 wrote: Just because you have freedom it doesn't mean that you have to take advantage of it. For example , after I bomb my target I try to get back to base for a reload. This doesn't mean that I just turn and run. If I am pursued, I usually turn and fight, then I continue back to base. I do however stick around for a bit if I have a teammate close behind.

Good day.

I do the same thing. If i get a chance to break defence and attack i will go there with a bomb and fight my way to their base. If i get lucky i make it to their hangers (but its more rare than common) once bombed i will stick around for a few seconds and act as a distraction so my teammates can bomb their base. If there is no reason for me to stay i head back. And engage whoever attempts to shoot me down. Not saying I'm always successful but I will not turn my back and run. I will fight till one of us go down in smoke.

Most of the time though i stay near the base in total defense.I have noticed if we just fly to their base over and over again, that leaves them the room to make high runs or to go around and get to our base. I have lost way too many games because people don't pay attention where the other guys are. So I am constantly in check with the stats page to see who is in the game and how long it's been since they have been spotted. If they have been quiet or no one has seen them then I will stay near the base at 500 to 1000 feet that way I can see them no matter what height they are at. I have saved many games myself doing things like this. I may not get many bombs and but thanks to me I can prevent a lot of other bombs being dropped on our base. Some people don't understand this and will yell at me if they get the chance but its my base and I will protect it.

Yes I look for people that haven't been spotted in a while but I don't come here and complain about people that have better airplane or things like that I'm tolerant on the other stuff but I don't thiink he has the right to come here and complain that we have a better plane
Ite not pur fault we have one and also you cant buy your way up the ranks I think but you can buy a plane for what 25000 is how mu h
The Misfit from Texas and Texans never quit till the job is done

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106653

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ParrotHead wrote: Ok hold on a sec.... I think a few of us need to google "sarcasm".

Jiminy Christmas!!! Sarcasm. Look it up! He wasn't really complaining about better planes. He was using it as an example of how silly it is to complain about EVERYTHING!

Its obviously lost on some.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hansone, Oedius Momicus, Musicious

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106654

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729
Jeez PH...didn't you know we DO NOT do sarcasm here! BAD, BAD Parrot! We only do irony here! :silly: :woohoo: :pinch:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106657

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

ParrotHead wrote:

ParrotHead wrote: Ok hold on a sec.... I think a few of us need to google "sarcasm".

Jiminy Christmas!!! Sarcasm. Look it up! He wasn't really complaining about better planes. He was using it as an example of how silly it is to complain about EVERYTHING!

Its obviously lost on some.

DAVY SAYS, I do not complain about everything, however there are a few issues i would like to bring up

I DONT THE COLOR OF MY PLANE, I WANTED PURPLE
I WANT MY GUNS TO FIRE MORE BULLETS
I DONT LIKE TAILDRAGGERS, I WANT A TRI-CYCLE LANDING GEAR SET UP
WHY DON't WE HAVE MORE TREES IN THE LANDSCAPE
HOW COME I NEVER SEE FISH JUMPING IN THE WATER
I MISS THE NOOBS
HOW COME WE DONT HAVE PRETTY LAKES TO FLY OVER ON WAY TO TARGET
HOW COME WE NEVER SEE ANY HOUSES
I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY SHEEP OR ANIMALS
WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DISTANCE BETWEEN TARGETS
I DONT LIKE THE COLOR OF THE ZEP
I WANT DIFFERENT COLORS FOR THE HANGER ROOFS
HOW COME WE NEVER SEE PEOPLE INSIDE THE HANGERS
HOW COME MY CHUTE IS NOT BIGGER
WHY IS MY WINDSHIELD ALWAYS DIRTY, WHY CAN'T WE GET A NICE CLEAR WINDSHIELD
WHY CANT THE THROTTLE BE ON THE LEFT SIDE
WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO PLAY WITH PILOTS BETTER THAN ME

WHY DID I RUN OUT OF MEDS, I NEED MY MEDS
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, Musicious

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106661

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
All good questions Davy. The only one I can help you with is the sheep. I know where they are. They've already heard about you and hide when you're around. Tennessee for gawd's sake! What did you expect. Flying Muck is the official Bo Peep of DogFight. If you'd like supervised visits with the little lambs, please see him.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106732

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Pixie??? :ohmy:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106756

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dr Dave wrote: Pixie??? :ohmy:

Dave, I said Bo "Peep" not pimp. You really gotta start reading more carefully. You know Pixie's a completely different story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #106775

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
:evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #107249

• Musicious
  • Thank you received: 14
Actually bum hadn't even read your post...just wanted to put in my 2 cents...closest i get to hunting is dogfight and paint ball...

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #107251

• Musicious
  • Thank you received: 14
Have some karma too. It looks good next to that mug shot :)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109420

• BillyMay
  • Thank you received: 13

ParrotHead wrote: Now, with that said and as I've said before, I do not support spawnkilling. This is easily defined. Plane spawns and is on the runway. You kill it, you're a spawnkiller. It's cheap.

I'm glad you succinctly defined it, ParrotHead. I've felt that if my wheels are still on the deck then it's unfair to be shot at. I would say that an exception to this would be if an enemy is on a bombing run then it's too bad for me.

ParrotHead wrote: Last point, I think. The idea that I will spawnkill until they complain is flawed. 1) it's spawnkilling 2) not everyone will complain and it's still spawnkilling 3) when someone does complain or ask for the SKing to stop, I always hear the same thing... "Cry baby" or the like. It's a no-win situation for the learning pilot.

I would agree with this.

Not too long ago I was in a game and a team mate and I spawned at the same time and as a result we crashed and burned. We respawned and were spawnkilled immediately. When I expressed my opinion on spawnkilling I was told that we were camping on the runway and were fair game.

Then a high ranking player made the comment that "half you new guys don't even know what spawnkilling is."

The point I'm trying to make is that when you have high ranking players spawnkilling and then adding insult to injury by claiming you're a noob and don't know the rules then it's no wonder that there are new players who don't stick around.

For myself, I'm slowly learning how to get off the deck and into the fight even with the campers/spawnkillers. I would tell any fellow newcomer to keep at it because there are a lot of decent folks here and I've been welcomed by the vast majority.

Apart from the Spawnkilling, I find the trash talk at times can be pretty inane, not to mention disrespectful. I'm a firm believer that trash talk is an integral part of competition when you're face to face with an opponent, but doing it while hiding behind a keyboard is wrong on so many levels.

While I'm at it.... I find it's really hard to dogfight when people are talking about their love life, their favourite restaurant, or whatever. The Lag is bad enough, and so when your aim is obscured by people treating the battlefield like a chatroom it kinda takes the fun out of the game.

Sting like a butterfly, float like a bee...

Last edit: by BillyMay.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109428

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Keep the brakes set Billy. Brakes on at friendly airport/base=immune to fire

Work the throttle with the brake. Find a system that works for you. Timing is every thing.

It is extremely hard when you have 2 or more camping at the same time. I like playing with you so there are a few tips. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, BillyMay

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109628

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 618
thats sad..in a game right now..all reds left vela and hes flying around me wanting to shoot..brakes on so he cant do crap..he doesnt wanna bomb,just shoot...told him i got allllll day..set phone down///lol..cuz the way i see it, if you flying behind port making no effort to play or win but to add kills,then youre spawnin.

Last edit: by Vampire Priest.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109663

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

Blue Max Young wrote: Keep the brakes set Billy. Brakes on at friendly airport/base=immune to fire

Work the throttle with the brake. Find a system that works for you. Timing is every thing.

It is extremely hard when you have 2 or more camping at the same time. I like playing with you so there are a few tips. Good luck.

Yes but when you can roll forward some so your incoming team mates don't crash with you setting there and if they want to they can get around you. PLEASE....

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109664

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

Blue Max Young wrote: Keep the brakes set Billy. Brakes on at friendly airport/base=immune to fire

Yes but when you can roll forward some so your incoming team mates don't crash with you setting there and if they want to they can get around you. PLEASE....

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109666

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
If the FIRST thing you do upon spawning is to set the brakes, you won't roll forward into the dogpile zone. However, if you forget or if the brakes didn't take, you will roll forward slightly and become an obstacle. In which case, roll out of the way and let others take off safely.
Manfred

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #109680

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Yeah both good points.

I set my breaks every game as soon as I first enter. Habit now. Good habit to have to.

Like Manny said if you instantly do it you don't roll forward causing crashes or crashing yourself.

Like the Doc said if you are causing crashes then roll up and reset brakes. That is if you don't get killed first. :)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 7 months ago #128495

• 111thJunkyard Dog
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
That's another good thing about Storm Raiders. You can't spawn kill!!!!!!
Junkyard Dog

111th Falcons

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 7 months ago #130075

• [FEAR][Commander]FireHeart
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • That's me -Fire Heart
  • Thank you received: 41
Guys bring this back it still happens! :evil:

-[FEAR][Commander FireHeart]

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 6 months ago #137767

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was on a bombing run on a base on final approach and shooting any red as they spawned. In the distance between the mountain and the hanger I got several kills, since there were only 2 reds they both got killed a lot.

Scouser t said I was a major spawn killer whereas i replied " I was on a bomb run you idiot"

Not that i really care because he is one of the very few i really dont have any respect for nor like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1

Last edit: by [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 6 months ago #137798

• 5L3V1N
  • Today is not a good day to die!
  • Thank you received: 23
I'm a n00b at this game had it less than a week and just got to the level 8 servers to find players circling the base picking me off when I spawned. One generously let me get to the end of the runway in my n00b plane before slaughtering me lmao. And no they weren't inbound with bombs. I take on board the reasons given for doing it above/below but I will always refrain unless i'm on said bombing run and the guy/gal is an immanent threat on the grounds of lack of skill. Of course I want the frag/points/win but for me that way is a hollow victory.

I've played many online multiplayer games mainly fps like Unreal tournament series, Alien vs predator, quakes and this has always be a bone of contention and always will be.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 6 months ago #137804

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Welcome to the forum. If you can learn to take and clear the airspace around you with several reds around you it will only make you a better player. Usually I enjoy it and you can rack up several more kills. I like the lopsided game when I'm on the short end.

All except one recent game when I was fighting several reds and one red would drop bomb and corkscrew in so you couldn't hit him.

So you had two choices 1 dogfight him and let everyone in or try to shoot other reds whereas he would shoot you. That was one of the rare times that I got mad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 5L3V1N

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 5 months ago #137828

• Your Enemy
  • Thank you received: 23
I'm for it. It's fun and it makes people mad. On the flip side, as soon as you stop, your incoming, bomb carrying, less mobile, planes get slaughtered because as soon as they take off, they are shooting. It's a part of game, and war, strategy. It makes me want to do it more when people cry about it.

Sincerely,

Your Enemy

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 5 months ago #137837

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

Davy Crockett wrote: Welcome to the forum. If you can learn to take and clear the airspace around you with several reds around you it will only make you a better player. Usually I enjoy it and you can rack up several more kills. I like the lopsided game when I'm on the short end.

All except one recent game when I was fighting several reds and one red would drop bomb and corkscrew in so you couldn't hit him.

So you had two choices 1 dogfight him and let everyone in or try to shoot other reds whereas he would shoot you. That was one of the rare times that I got mad.

Those pesky cork screwer!!! Gotta hate them :-)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 5 months ago #137909

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol GENERAL, good morning all, my coffee is here. I don't hate cork screwers, i fully understand its your method of play and there is nothing wrong with that. You are a good honorable player as most all other cork screwers.

There are a few well know players that all they want to do is cork screw and dogfight and never carry bombs and then you have to drop yours to dogfight him. On a bomb base it doesn't do any good to have to drop bomb. Those few players are not fun and i usually go to another game. The game I got mad over was a 7 vs 1 and he still had to cork screw and then simply shot me down as I tried to shoot another player, i had no chance at all to even aim.

Time to create page: 0.768 seconds