Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 11 months ago #88291

• CTR
  • Thank you received: 2
I have only just started playing the game and what a great game it is. Sadly my first experience has been to get shot on the runway trying to take off. It's so frustrating as a newcomer to to the game as it ruins my chance to get to grips with the game. Yesterday it took about 8 attempts just to get off the ground.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #98602

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
They said I was spawn killing in a tank!!! I say I wasn't in a tank... :angry:

Next time get your facts straight
I could care....But I dont
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Gnasher

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #98683

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Thank you received: 563
I just get bored of wasting the minutes now, after 6 attempts I leave, if Im sure it is actually SK. It's usually always pilots that know better so there's no point in starting a rant. I consider my actions and try to act appropriately to the task. Ill hang around and dogfight if needed. I take pride returning to base to report, it means I made it through (think Barry Manilow!) B)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101325

• Cundall
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Edit.

Basically, camping? Hmmm. Excessive camping? No.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by Cundall.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101534

• Dale Earnhardt #3
  • Thank you received: 9
I agree with you bomber, I don't like using excuses ether. With that said i do think it's ok to spawn kill, if you were a World War One pilot wouldn't you kill the enemy before he got off the ground and shot you down? My answer is yes. What's yours?

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101546

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028

Dale Earnhardt #3 wrote: I agree with you bomber, I don't like using excuses ether. With that said i do think it's ok to spawn kill, if you were a World War One pilot wouldn't you kill the enemy before he got off the ground and shot you down? My answer is yes. What's yours?

My answer is yes too. But they didn't have nuclear powered WWI aircraft that could fly all the way to an enemy airport and stay there as long as they wished.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101554

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
My opinion on spawn killing is that it is a game and should be played so fairly. I think that once they start firing at you, teammates, or your stuff (ex. Zepplin), they can be shot down.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101556

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238
What might curb spawnkilling is having everybody on a timer. You have, I don't know, 10 minutes of fuel (600 seconds) to get to target, bomb and return to base to refuel. Or else you crash. Just like in real life.

Any thoughts?

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101558

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085

junkhole61 wrote: What might curb spawnkilling is having everybody on a timer. You have, I don't know, 10 minutes of fuel (600 seconds) to get to target, bomb and return to base to refuel. Or else you crash. Just like in real life.

Any thoughts?

Fuel would be an interesting dynamic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: junkhole61

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101560

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
I sometimes camp (in an airplane) at the enemy base, but I don't spawn kill. I just follow my above said rule. It's a good idea, and I like it, but not everyone who camps is a spawn killer.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101564

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Your 2 posts contradict each other. Ergo: play fairly and it's a good idea. It's not fair and a lousy idea (long term).
Camping is a cheap way to play and we remember the campers.
You may say you don't SK, but shooting people just rising is just as bad.
Your choice. How do you like to be known?

Honourable and fair? Or.......?

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101605

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Basically what everyone seems to be saying is if I kill you over and over its ok but if you kill me taking off its bad,,,spawnkilling... Right? We all agree its bad and no one likes it, but what we are not talking about is ways to STOP IT! We have all been here a long time, Paul you was here when they invented dirt right? :whistle: So, what that being said, what tricks have you found that best deals with this problem? How do you deal with them. Myself i find asking them to stop works 99% of the time so I can get up and fight. Even KAF and KENO let me up and have a chance to defend myself when asked. So what has worked for you???

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101610

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
Mantz, what I meant by camping is i fly around where they spawn after I have bombed their vase and I wait until they shoot at me or my allies before i shoot at them. I do not shoot before they do so. I never land. Being fair and honorable often go hand in hand.

Last edit: by [DD]Big C. Reason: It autocorrected mantz

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101627

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

BigC5798 wrote: Mantz, what I meant by camping is i fly around where they spawn after I have bombed their vase and I wait until they shoot at me or my allies before i shoot at them. I do not shoot before they do so. I never land. Being fair and honorable often go hand in hand.

I ask you, If you have no bomb then your what?....faster, more agile or maneuverable? So the guy coming up with a bomb, does he have a real chance? Sure if he drops his bomb but then what? Go to your base and camp? Surely you can see where this is going? Your not stupid, so you can see why WE are opposed to camping or SK'ing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Noushbag

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101707

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
BIG C,
You've bombed 2 hangers under that name. Give it time and you'll understand that if you return to reload you'll help your team more.

DAVE, My secret....take the train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101793

• Dale Earnhardt #3
  • Thank you received: 9
Yes kevy. I don't stay at the enemy airport and spawn kill, only on the way there and mabe for 1 or 2 minutes or whatever it takes to get away without being killed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Paul Mantz, Jr.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101894

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
Mantz and Dave: I have never had anyone tell me that what I was doing was wrong, for all 16 ranks, since it is obviously though to be so, I will stop immediately. I'm not trying to be a bad player, I just had no idea. And my game name is [e]Big C mantz. I am sorry if I made you too heated about this, I was just doing what I thought was right.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101905

• ParrotHead
  • ParrotHead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
C,

Nobody's suggesting you should drop your bomb on target and immediately turn tail, inevitably getting shot in the back.

Personally, of I fight my way to the red base/boat and successfully drop ordinance where it counts, I'm not leaving until I'm sure I can get away. If its 1 or 2 reds, I can usually knock 'em down and get gone before they can respawn and catch me. If its 3 or 4 and I'm having good day, I might be able to get the best if them. Timing wise its not likely that I'll get a window to depart. I still watch closely and if I've got to time to "wait" for them spawn, I've got time to depart. I think this is honorable and fair.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #101908

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Not heated. Very seldom am.
Glad you're doing well.
You can call me Paul if you like.

Formally known as [e]FLYMAGIC

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 10 months ago #102023

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Hi Big C, not upset or heated just voicing my views thats all. That's what we do here just say what's on your mind and kinda see what's on theirs. No fuss no foul. I was only saying to think about it from the other sides point of view, How you feel when it's you. That's all.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106363

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 686
Fuel is an interesting dynamic except for one thing ...i have been in dog fights that have lasted more than 10 min in every mission .....want to fix this the answer is simple ....10 sec immunity for every pilot reguardless of rank ....unless you fire . Program the game thatwy problem solved - debate over . That will give you the needed time to get air speed or drop if you need to ...correct ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimz

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106365

• jimz
  • Thank you received: 41
Hey buddy, good idea. I just accidentally left game room trying to screen shoot a camper. I waited all evening to get on server so I could play. Went into another btb and ran into some campers. I got the name of one of them he's # 6 on their roster. ($vela$). If something is not done about these punks then I'm going to un install this bleeping game and play c.h.a.o.s. I'm tired of idiots like these guys. I didn't get the other name. I had two aholes camping on us. I'm pissed off. My wallet is going to force close if something is not done about it. I'm withholding any future funding till issue is resolved. Im freaking mad as hell.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106569

• Musicious
  • Thank you received: 14
lets take it to the extreme ..
For all those that dump bombs for added maneuverability ....Make it so bombs can only be dropped over target
For all those with hi level airplanes.....Got to nix that ,just not fair...especially those that buy there way up instead of takin your lumps..
For all those who like to fly hi off the radar for a dive bomb.......Not if there is a 1000 foot ceiling to prevent sneakiness ..
How about that corkscrew head on approach ......Not if the planes don't invert..wouldn't want anybody to get disoriented..
And for those who like to strafe ,what it's really called,aka spawn kill....All taken care of with a 100 foot floor...No landing No taking off..

All problems solved..

Sounds like loads of fun.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: beatea, bopes

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106571

• Musicious
I'm not leavin till I'm out amo
The following user(s) said Thank You: bopes

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106572

• Musicious
Jimz. Don't leave ..would hate to see a good character go..suck it up and fit hard..hope to see you in the sky red or blue

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106573

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
You will.....you will....

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106582

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Musicious wrote: lets take it to the extreme ..
For all those that dump bombs for added maneuverability ....Make it so bombs can only be dropped over target
For all those with hi level airplanes.....Got to nix that ,just not fair...especially those that buy there way up instead of takin your lumps..
For all those who like to fly hi off the radar for a dive bomb.......Not if there is a 1000 foot ceiling to prevent sneakiness ..
How about that corkscrew head on approach ......Not if the planes don't invert..wouldn't want anybody to get disoriented..
And for those who like to strafe ,what it's really called,aka spawn kill....All taken care of with a 100 foot floor...No landing No taking off..

All problems solved..

wow!! You got all that out of the idea of giving planes enough time to get air speed for a snow balls chance against campers ??? You really are a dramatic moron ...now lets play ball like you do and take it to another exterme there drama queen ...instead of learning to fish go net them out of a bucket ..or how about take up hunting and lock a deer in a room and lob a granade in ..that way you can tell all your friends how you brought that savage down with your brave and cunning skill ...really looking forward to seeing you in the game
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., Trone187

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106584

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

snobumm1 wrote:

All problems solved..

wow!! You got all that out of the idea of giving planes enough time to get air speed for a snow balls chance against campers ??? You really are a dramatic moron ...now lets play ball like you do and take it to another exterme there drama queen ...instead of learning to fish go net them out of a bucket ..or how about take up hunting and lock a deer in a room and lob a granade in ..that way you can tell all your friends how you brought that savage down with your brave and cunning skill ...really looking forward to seeing you in the game

you remind me of my six year old ..if things dont come easy and go your way you say something completely rediculas and pout . Lol . Heres an idea - get better ace and you want have to shoot at parked planes to pad your stats ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., Trone187

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106586

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

jimz wrote: Hey buddy, good idea. I just accidentally left game room trying to screen shoot a camper. I waited all evening to get on server so I could play. Went into another btb and ran into some campers. I got the name of one of them he's # 6 on their roster. ($vela$). If something is not done about these punks then I'm going to un install this bleeping game and play c.h.a.o.s. I'm tired of idiots like these guys. I didn't get the other name. I had two aholes camping on us. I'm pissed off. My wallet is going to force close if something is not done about it. I'm withholding any future funding till issue is resolved. Im freaking mad as hell.

Jimz,
I hate spawnkillers too. But just in case you don't know about it, the game makes you immune from bullets (and tanks, supposedly, but I don't have good data on that) if you have the brakes on. So when you spawn, put the brakes on immediately, and search around for spawnkillers before you take off. You can also use brakes and partial throttle to time a takeoff, if you watch someone flying from behind the base to in front of you, and go to full throttle just before, and drop the brakes as they fly by. If you get it *just* right, you'll end up jumping into the air right behind them, rat-a-tat, splash one spawnkiller.
But yeah some of them are pretty good at it from ALL THAT PRACTICE (ya cowards!).
Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., snobumm1

Last edit: by Manfred.

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate 10 years 9 months ago #106588

• Trone187
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 655

snobumm1 wrote:

snobumm1 wrote:

All problems solved..

wow!! You got all that out of the idea of giving planes enough time to get air speed for a snow balls chance against campers ??? You really are a dramatic moron ...now lets play ball like you do and take it to another exterme there drama queen ...instead of learning to fish go net them out of a bucket ..or how about take up hunting and lock a deer in a room and lob a granade in ..that way you can tell all your friends how you brought that savage down with your brave and cunning skill ...really looking[ forward to seeing you in the game

you remind me of my six year old ..if things dont come easy and go your way you say something completely rediculas and pout . Lol . Heres an idea - get better ace and you want have to shoot at parked planes to pad your stats ;-)

I'm agreed with snow here you basically went on here and complained it's not like its not fair to fly high or do a corkscrew to DODGE BULLETS if and its not our fault that we have a higher rank and higher plane I'm so sorry oh and history check there was no radar in ww1 and because we have a better plane you think you can go and complain about it hey hey guess what....life is hard and not fair but get over it it looks like you dont understand that concept have a good game
The Misfit from Texas and Texans never quit till the job is done

Time to create page: 0.867 seconds