• Page:

TOPIC:

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343410

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Dognamitt wrote: viper is correct some players would gloat and say they where just better players i played many pc players and some where too good. i didn't understand how i can see a planes tail fin and be shot at the same time by the plane i was chasing.

Some of those guys would make me embarrassed to be on a pc. I would feel guilty by association as it were. I worked hard not to imitate their flying style, just so people would hopefully not lump me in with the guys I didn't care for.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armament

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343412

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
Dang, make one little joke and you folks get all serious on me!

To be honest, I would prefer it if everybody was on a level playing field. I wouldn't call it schadenfreude, but I sure as heck am happy not to have every dang PC player be able to get on my tail so easily! I'm actually kind of happy for my time in a slower turning plane, since it helped me to become a better turn fighter. I still stink, mind you, just not so bad. More like a week without taking a shower rather than a month.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Cush62, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343413

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
As to PC players, all I can say is .....

BURN THEM!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Viper10{WP}, Armament, Husky Dog, pmoon1{WP}, Cush62, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343414

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
It's not so fun having a tilt advantage but it's a lot more fun than having a disadvantage! Lol.
Actually I like playing from a disadvantage. I've started flying my Spad and D111 again, it definitely seems to level the playing field when turn fighting against PCs.

I'd love to see an even field again. When I started playing years ago DF was only on mobile (tilt) devices, there was very little talk of device advantage other than some debate about differences in screen size. "Capt. Nooshbag" made a thread that ended up getting moderated called "Does size matter?" That thread got blown out of shape pretty fast but people were saying there was a maneuvering advantage for small guys and an aiming advantage for big guys, the result was that they promoted different styles of playing.

The current disparity (PC turning disadvantage) is too extreme. There are a few rare PC players who can still shred it up (Jimmythegreat is one) and there are many who make tactical efforts to improve their chances, but it's too big of a difference to keep it fun for many players. I wonder if it happened that df1 lost many tilt players because of the PC advantage and now Elite is losing PC players because the tables are turned.

I hope something can be worked out and it doesn't have to be that the platforms will be separated, but if that is the only way the game can be made "fair" once consoles are introduced then so be it. I'd hate to see servers segregated by device but I think it's worse to have it so skills are doubted or even scorned, just as use of different tactics have been.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Viper10{WP}, Armament, airwolff, Cush62, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343428

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

. bee wrote: Hehe to huck and Cypher. Time and again i kept telling u it was the clover leaves and horseshoes lololol. Make sure u get those canadian clover leaves, not the brits or yanks.. If u opt for horseshoes remember to bring the horse along too for extra effect. the weight of the horse will make your turns fast and ridiculous. Note: never use rabbitfoot. It rots and stench the cockpit. And one last important things hehehe. When u kill a tough red just text out it was just your lucky day.

Ill try the horse thing right away sir bee. Stay well :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Armament, Cush62, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343464

• Cush62
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Can't died...i buried him next to don't want too
  • Thank you received: 820
Bee im gonna miss u buddy! Farewell friend

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343465

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343474

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
I posted that I hope it stays like this for a year or two, if I can find my old posts on this subject I will repost one of them here. All I ever wanted was a level playing field. The fact that the shoe has switched feet, makes me laugh now. The posts seem like they are from some alternate universe, everything is backwards now.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Even Turning speed for PC players 7 years 7 months ago #343482

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

[*M]VonHuLK wrote: I posted that I hope it stays like this for a year or two, if I can find my old posts on this subject I will repost one of them here. All I ever wanted was a level playing field. The fact that the shoe has switched feet, makes me laugh now. The posts seem like they are from some alternate universe, everything is backwards now.

A level playing field and server choice. I believe the no option to pick servers is the root cause of screen freeze( Actually I have no friggn Idea why game freezes up. I have other aviation online games downloaded with a massive amount of features and superior graphics, twice the amount of players in game, and no screen freeze. My fan runs at a normal level. Lag is unnoticeable, etc. How can this be?) There has been no posts from Zup regarding this in a long time, accept dont use AT&T as a service provider.) I was under the belief that it must be my graphics card, or something similar regarding my laptop. After many many hours of online research and reading, trying a multitude of different fixes, Viper can attest to this. As well as tech support from CC rider(Thanks bud) I cant believe the game still craps out all the time. For many, many players. Zup seems to be a very intelligent man, and has designed one hell of a game. Its so close to being epic. But this issue needs a resolution. I am looking for any and all computer savy players to post Ideas on how this can be fixed. Instead of just throwing are hands up and flippn this game the bird, lets get this fixed. Is it a dollar figure that will solve this Zup? If so, with the amount of players currently playing, How much would you need to raise monthly subscription fees to provide the required amount of capital to fix this ? Is it a windows issue? As most players I presume are Apple, Android Tablet users. Is it not economically viable or profitable for echoboom to worry about windows app store and Windows platforms. If indeed thats the case I can accept that. For three dollars a month it is what it is.But with all the technology out there, there is a fix. I hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds