Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18412

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

Chan the master wrote: I SPAWN KILL PROS LIKE ME. I SPAWN KILL MYSELF :(

Like bombing yourself on the carrier, or turning too quickly to get away and crashing with the airport buildings? - The saddest kind of spawnkilling there is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18413

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

veidar2 wrote:

Chan the master wrote: I SPAWN KILL PROS LIKE ME. I SPAWN KILL MYSELF :(

Like bombing yourself on the carrier, or turning too quickly to get away and crashing with the airport buildings? - The saddest kind of spawnkilling there is!

I don't know about saddest, but it's easiest.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18422

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Lol,mchqn, dont be so down on urself. :) ur not a bad person like u say u are. :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18741

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729
While I'm sure Darwin makes sense in the real world (survival of the fittest, war is hell, etc.) Darwin wasn't trying to sell an online app game. Rather than copping easy kills on noobs and driving them off, cut them enuf slack that they learn to enjoy the game and can get better...it improves the challenge for everyone (and yes, I have spawn killed, but am trying to resist the urge...easy points aren't that much fun either...)

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18743

• [e]FlyMagic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DECEASED
  • Thank you received: 154

btschuman wrote: While I'm sure Darwin makes sense in the real world (survival of the fittest, war is hell, etc.) Darwin wasn't trying to sell an online app game. Rather than copping easy kills on noobs and driving them off, cut them enuf slack that they learn to enjoy the game and can get better...it improves the challenge for everyone (and yes, I have spawn killed, but am trying to resist the urge...easy points aren't that much fun either...)

BRAVO!

And you get respect too.....

Last edit: by [e]FlyMagic.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18748

• [e]FlyMagic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DECEASED
  • Thank you received: 154
Are you related to Robert L. Scott? He wrote "God Is My Copilot". Read the Arlington Cemetary website about him. A true ACE!

God bless your Grandfather.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18808

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711

sixxgunzz wrote:

PluribusUnum wrote:

_eBu_ wrote: Z,
i believe adding immunity is against the naturality of the game..a war is cruel, you cant let your enemy to take off and shoot you. however your approach is absolutely right,namely, to give an exception to the newbies for them not to be bored of the game because of being spawnkilled, but just for newbies. still, 25/15 seconds are so long i think..
for experienced pilots, they should be aware of avoiding spawnkill in a way. first rule is, you shouldnt let your enemy come so closer to your base, then there is no spawnkilling. if u cznt do that, i assume this like so, your base is under a shock attack, you get in your plane and have to take off and blow enemy up. if you cant do these (keeping the enemy far from base and avoiding spawnkill/bringing down the enemy), then you derserve to lose the game, and the opponents deserve to win. btw, its very fun to take off and rescue your base which is under attack.

I kind of agree with this, which is why I say if your base, carrier, etc., is being spawnkilled, just leave the game or put your brakes on. No reason to let the enemy pilots rack up points, other than the 100 they'll get when they win.

I think shoot them when you can, like in real war. my grandfather was shot down while landing (WWII) but lived to fight on. look at the movie Pearl Harbor, Japs wasted us, while down. war is war, for the new bees- If they cant hang so be it!!! ive been spawn killed at least 70 times!!! _ebu_ your the first of the top One Hundred Players Ive shot down. But I think youve shot me down at least 6 times tho lol......... Happy Flying!!

First off Pearl harbor was ww2 and tactics were different on all sides. In ground war maybe you do shoot and kill when you can, but fighter pilots(especially ww1) had somewhat of an honor code. They weren't exactly out to kill each other (yes pilots died in combat)but not all were killed in the air many died in the crash/burning wreckage after being shot down. The main goal of ww1 dogfighting was more about downing enemy aircraft than killing fellow pilots, even if they are enemy pilots. If all downed planes were actually kills many great fighter pilots would have never got the experience it took to become great they crashed and were brought down but survived to fly/fight again.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18809

• [NLR]Jacob10000
As troubling as plane to plane spawn killing is, my problem is people camping at the runway in tanks and killing before you even get the throttle forward. I can usually get off the ground if its one plane attacking but the tank campers give me no choice but to leave the game.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18819

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
its nice to be the first anyways sixx..:)
u can5t jump off your plane unless u re shot, when u r shot, u jump and may chute on the carrier if you r shot just on the carrier..coming to the "jumping with a soldier",i cant do it either, but i know u can do it with the space bar on the keyboard, but i dont know for which system it is valid, i cant do it on my android cell phone..

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18835

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
U cant turn ur rank off its just there, people who keep disappearing are lagging.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18841

• _eBu_
Thx sixx..why do u wanna turn it off,it brings nothing important, let it stay above ur name :) ..and its impossible unless Z does smthing special for you..
I play with a smartphone, sony xperia arc..btw,the problems u r facing r connection problems which happens not so frequently, at least to me..

Last edit: by _eBu_.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18843

• _eBu_
It doesnt help u to delete the rank over the name,the more important figure is your name itself for invisibility( hard to be seen),for example "...." as u suggested, but there r much betters.. there r some players using this invisibility but we call them legal cheaters, i would not like to see u as one of them, like everbody in here..i just dont understand how a man/girl cant find the courage to put a name on the plane..

Last edit: by _eBu_.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18845

• _eBu_
U too sixx.. c u up..

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18846

• Gamekeeper®
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm Hatfield and I'm Legend!
  • Thank you received: 33

sixxgunzz wrote: Hi I've seen players with rank off then on....and yes I understand some lose connection...but I'm talking about Peps who disappear ever time when I'm on there six an gonna kill them, maybe coincidence. Seems funny tho!!!!

You are 100% correct sixx about players/planes just "Disappear" when you have the "Kill Shot" ....it happens to me every time I play...does not matter what device I use.

***LG MyTouch LG-E739***

***HTC Droid2 Incredible(RED)***

»»»Would like to try it on BlueStacks.«««
»»»But there is no real control.Needs,«««
»»»Fully Customizable keyboard controls .«««

I have a post regarding this subject somewhere on here :lol: Anywho..Happy Hunting :evil:

Cory
I am Hatfield,I am LEGEND!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18870

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
They juat turn very fast, u can do that by dropping ur bomb and followi.g the red arrow.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18872

• Gamekeeper®
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

_eBu_ wrote: It doesnt help u to delete the rank over the name,the more important figure is your name itself for invisibility( hard to be seen),for example "...." as u suggested, but there r much betters.. there r some players using this invisibility but we call them legal cheaters, i would not like to see u as one of them, like everbody in here..i just dont understand how a man/girl cant find the courage to put a name on the plane..

Hey _eBu_ Can you explain what is "Legal Cheater" or "Legal Cheating". Cheating is cheating and against 100% of all T.O.S....
...(That 've seen). This Disappearing or Vanishing in middle of game play. :angry: (Most the time right as they are at one hit remaining before being "Shot Down" or hit by the "Kill Shot") :angry:

Anyway you look at it...It still comes down to...........IT IS CHEATING...CHEATERS SHOULD BANNED! Banned from Forum & Multi-Player mode!

Just my option..but back to that Legal Cheaters thing... :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18879

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
okay, you cant cheat. there are two ways you can cheat. one is to physically screw with the server, by TOUCHING IT, or to access Joaquin's computer, also, by TOUCHING IT. you cant just type in a code and cheat.

players jumping around is because their phone and yours dont communicate fast enough. when someone is at point A on your screen, you're seeing an afterimage of where they were a second ago, and this catches up with them eventually, and they "teleport" around.

as for names designed to make them harder to kill, it makes them easier to kill. they get used to easy kills with noobs, but once they meet a good pilot, they dont have the skill they once had.

before calling "foul" on someone, think. could it be lag?
See you in the skies!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18881

• [NLR]Jacob10000
Just had a great dogfight game no spawn killing that I saw. I didn't win but was still really fun.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18972

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
The rank symbol disappears if a plane is shot down and the pilot opts to "walk" and be a soldier or tank.
Manfred

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #18980

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Today a no name soldier was hiding among one of the trees, couldnt tell which tree. He wasnt cheating just taking advantage of the surroundings.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19003

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No, hiding isnt cheating, but nonaming is cheating.
See you in the skies!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19091

• _eBu_
hey gamekeeper..
i totally sign under calvin's comment..
the point i call legal cheating, is related neither with the diaappearing planes(should be about connection problem), nor with the disappearing rank when u r shot (as manfred explained). i just speak on the no-names in the game..they use noname, which i believe is absolutely cheating, but its not banned yet within the game, so its legal..to conclude, its legal and cheating..:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamekeeper®

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19134

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Its legal by mistake. Z is actively trying to make more characters visable.
See you in the skies!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19576

• Gamekeeper®
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
What bout crashing yourself to avoid being shot down? Saw couple do this today. One belongs to 111th squad

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19589

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well thats just stupid. Its a tactic in dogfight missions, but still stupid.
See you in the skies!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19890

• [NLR]Jacob10000
Just had a thought. Since there is no team based strategy to justify spawnkilling in a "dogfight" round why not change just that for now? Spawnkilling in a dogfight rounds are as close to cheating as the rules allow. I can understand it in coming missions if you have no bomb or you are the only bomber there that it may be the only way to get your payload to the target but in "dogfight" hovering at one spawnpoint racking up kills is not fun. (maybe its just me) but its like shooting ducks that are on the water its not sporting its just killing.

That and no name spawn killing if i am taking off i have little time to spot and get any aim as it is but you have no name on top of that, no fun. Im not sure if this symbol will show on the forum but there is a player named "§" that is very hard to see. I kind of enjoy trying to spot he/she in head on fights"jousts", but when first taking off it is way hard!

Mostly just venting, but if anyone else agrees that these are unfair tactics under given circumstances i would like to know.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19891

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Agreed. You can KINDA justify it in a mission, but in a Dogfight, its just pointless. If you cant win with skill, you dont deserve to win. I spawnkill for two reasons, the first, and most common, being tactical. I need to kill a guy or two on the ground to ensure that i can get thru to get his hangers. The second, which i feel is COMPLETELY justified, is killing a traitor. If you are killing your team, intentionally, regularly, i will pin you down no matter which team your on.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamekeeper®, [NLR]Jacob10000

Re: Let people take off 11 years 10 months ago #19948

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Yea I only spwn kill an ace that will stop my team from bombing, since I dont need any points.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Let people take off 10 years 3 months ago #155001

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Found it!

:blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [e]hammer_tool, [e] Science_Dude

Let people take off 10 years 3 months ago #155005

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

simple and easy to understand title

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

Time to create page: 1.809 seconds