To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322662

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
That's Ok sonny.

( I was winding you up anyway ) ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Acegirl, may day, S. E. Dailey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322668

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

If you think you are a TOP ACE PLAYER, Come up to the clouds and try to take me down. Those TOP ranking players DO IT and have never complaint. So if they can respect any style of playing; then we all can do it too. And if we want to be one of those TOP ACES, show NO FEAR!!!!! Play On and have FUN!!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Lêgïøñz, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by Acegirl.

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322669

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

YOGY wrote: Mcfate Well excuse me Mr.Design expert. Why design a game where one can camp,drop,spawnkill and use a tank glitch for some unknown reason. It is all part of the game it it is all cheating. Cheating in its purest form. Pilots should expect all opponents to play fairly it's called honor. When I go up against superior opponents I will take my azz whipping and still have fun in doing so because I know they have no tactical advantage.

Yogy

Yogy,

In the case of Dogfight, spawnkilling and glitching are not analogous to dropping. Both spawnkilling and glitching are things which Zuperman has spent countless hours and updates to try to circumvent.

* Spawnkilling has proven to be very troublesome because there is no mechanism which has been tried which has not created other unintended problems and complaints. (I like the idea of 15 seconds of immunity upon spawning but it has always been problematic.) As it is we are left with an enforcement system that no one is happy with.

* Glitches are unintentional programming errors. In most cases they have different effects with different devices and so there is no level playing field. It is genuinely cheating for someone to take advantage of a design error which is not available to all. Pretty simple, no?

* Bombless planes flying faster is no glitch. It has been part of the design since the beginning and Zuperman has never (as far as I can tell) made any attempt to try to make it otherwise. Everyone has the same tactical options. How is it possibly "cheating"?

In fact, Zuperman has talked about designing more disparities into the game. He has talked about making dedicated bombers, slower and heavier with pilots and gunners/bombardiers in the same plane. He has posted about how there have been difficulties that have prevented this but he has tried. Now with the WW2 features coming we may be headed into a whole new realm of complaints. The game is not designed to be a simple shooter game. If you need any proof just look at how Zuperman has been designing more complexities into dogfight elite... the clouds, the trees, eventually having limited fuel, some planes can carry 2 bombs while some can only carry one, etc...

What you describe as "honor" is "etiquette" not rules. Etiquette is "the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members of a particular group..." The trouble is that there is no common "group", no one reason why people come to play this game. If everyone came here to "relax", then it would make sense for there to be one common shared "etiquette". The trouble is that there are many different reasons people come here to play yet those who want to "relax" want everyone to play the game that way.

Someone who comes as a competitive gamer may decide to share the "relaxing" play style because that is the way so many demand. For others this waters down a game which otherwise has potential to be a great battle with emphasis on strategy and innovation. "Cheating?" It may be true that some drop only to take advantage and rack up kills. Not all...not by a long shot. There are many ways dropping can help a team win. The imagination is the limit. The thing is if people stopped getting offended and complaining they might instead focus on how to counter droppers. These past discussions are full of people sharing ways that they got the best of a dropper. But no, it often just becomes complaints and asking for more rules or other limitations.

Which perspective is right? It seems pretty obvious that both are valid points of view. This is why I think it would be so good to have separate servers for competitive players and those who prefer the more relaxing version. It would give both a venue to stay out of each others way.

Personally, I rarely drop to cover a bomber but when other things have already happened and I have already dropped for whatever reason, I'm going to cover or harass, whatever it takes to help a teammate destroy a hangar or damage a ship, yet I still get whined at. I rarely spawnkill, period. I've only recently quit feeling guilty about doing it when I'm inbound with a bomb. The last time i remember going on a spawnkilling rampage was against a someone who decided to come after me because they thought I was dropping. (when I wasn't) Probably not the best diplomatic approach I could have taken... I see your "honor" and etiquette perspective as limiting the game for the benefit of noobs and casual players while the "stat-padders" are abusive players who really should be separated from the "normal" servers. I enjoy the challenges presented by unorthodox players and I find it surprising that so many consider so many things "unfair" in a war game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Gannet, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322678

• may day
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 715
McFate

First off lets look at the definition of the word honor because you are obviously confused.
Honor: Honesty , Fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions : a man of honor.
Lets see did I mention fairness? You can not tell me that a person whom drops does not gain a tactical advantage over others. They do gain an advantage or they would not have dropped in the first place. A lot of players only have a phone to play this game . A windows player that drops has a huge advantage over someone which plays on a phone. All the maneuvers known leaves someone on a phone helpless against this unscrupulous behavior. If that is not unfair well you are not being honest with yourself. Humm honesty I believe we mentioned that in the definition above. You seem to have gotten lost in your own words . Programming errors, glitches are irrelevant. The important thing here is giving everyone a fair fighting chance. The term you used for players which drop was "gamers". Where I am from they are called cheaters who have no regard for fairness. In fact most of these gamers as you call them lie about dropping or refuse to chat. They are cowards with no honor or integrity. ;)

Gamers
bahh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322681

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

YOGY wrote: McFate

First off lets look at the definition of the word honor because you are obviously confused.
Honor: Honesty , Fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions : a man of honor.
Lets see did I mention fairness? You can not tell me that a person whom drops does not gain a tactical advantage over others. They do gain an advantage or they would not have dropped in the first place. A lot of players only have a phone to play this game . A windows player that drops has a huge advantage over someone which plays on a phone. All the maneuvers known leaves someone on a phone helpless against this unscrupulous behavior. If that is not unfair well you are not being honest with yourself. Humm honesty I believe we mentioned that in the definition above. You seem to have gotten lost in your own words . Programming errors, glitches are irrelevant. The important thing here is giving everyone a fair fighting chance. The term you used for players which drop was "gamers". Where I am from they are called cheaters who have no regard for fairness. In fact most of these gamers as you call them lie about dropping or refuse to chat. They are cowards with no honor or integrity. ;)

Gamers
bahh

Zup will be separating the PCS and console players from mobile devices in elite.

So is it safe to say that you would not play in the "Advanced" servers if such a thing was available?

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322683

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yogi all devices have their advantages over the others, In PC it is most impossible to try to take a straight shoot, so that is why I have to move around and maneuver around players bullets to go after them and shoot them down. Tablets and some phones have this thing call Tilt sensitivity that helps them improve the movement there fore get a better and straight shoot. Is that fair to others? Is it fair to tell others how to play? Yes to drop has an obvious advantage against the one that does not drop. But you and someone in your team can drop your bomb and go after the bumbles pilot. I have never heard in a war plane scenario as to a pilot that has drop his bomb to go back home without shooting at anyone. In war, bombers have planes that cover for them and the enemy must have planes that counter measure this. Again if you want to consider yourself one of the best, you should not be afraid! Top pilots do not complain, they play on; to be the best you must show all that you can beat anyone without FEAR!
And that Honor word I believe walks a very thin line amongst all players here in the game. We all have glass houses. No need to do name calling to anyone’s way of playing, we all have advantages and disadvantages in this game, no need to divide anything this is a TEAM GAME!!! Talk to your team mates and strategize and organize who will drop and go after the bombless player to level the game. As long as you play individually like you were in a shooting gallery game, you will feel that others are unfair.
TEAM WORK = VICTOR , TOP SHOOT = NO FEAR and DOGFIGTH = FUN.
JUST ENJOY THE GAMES!!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, Viper10{WP}, TX Constable{WP}, nebular, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by Acegirl.

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322686

• may day
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Mcfate

I will play anyone anywhere and not give a damn about my stats or KDR as long as two conditions are met.

1. It is a fair fight and that person plays with honor or ethics as you may call it. If you look at the manner in which some of the most respected squads play for example WP, gunners, or the misfits . Unless provoked they do not camp,spawnkill,or drop. They play fair and respectable. This says a lot about their leaders whom do not Condon this behavior. If you do see one drop it is because one of your gamers dropped to gain an unfair advantage.

2. The second condition is you must put your dictionary away and lose that dad gum skirt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Gannet, Viper10{WP}, TX Constable{WP}, nebular

To drop or not to drop 8 years 1 month ago #322698

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: S. E. Dailey

To drop or not to drop 8 years 4 weeks ago #322799

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

YOGY wrote: ...If you look at the manner in which some of the most respected squads play for example WP, gunners, or the misfits . Unless provoked they do not camp,spawnkill,or drop. They play fair and respectable. This says a lot about their leaders whom do not Condon this behavior. .

Yogy,

You mean these guys? ;)

[*M]yNuts wrote:

[*M]VonHuLK wrote: I say fight as you please, where you please. I don't go to certain server to play differently. Just join a game and start killing. Who cares if someone doesn't like the way you play. Sneak if you like, Barrel roll the whole way across the field, carry, don't carry. You bought the game, Right? Please don't think "MY" feelings get hurt when someone calls me a HACKER or a CHEATER. I bought my way into this game, I earned my stripes (I have more deaths, then most have in kills), Unless I break the rules, NO ONE WILL TELL ME HOW TO PLAY.

If having people complain about your style of play hurts your feelings, Maybe you need to grow a little thicker skin. Do you think I changed my style of playing, every time someone started bitching about "not having a chance" or "Its just not possible you are that accurate", No one cut me a break when I started. I say grow a set.

Hulk ...you forgot one thing, (by the way I couldn't have said it better), if you DO NOT AGREE with Hulk, go find another game to play, or shut the pie hole, I say GET BUSY FLYING OR GET BUSY DYING!!!

[*M]yNuts

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

To drop or not to drop 8 years 4 weeks ago #322833

• may day
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Mcfate
Wow that is sad. I guess I was mistaken and stand corrected. Ethics and honor have been tossed in the toilet and I will not paticipate in this type of behavior. Hats off to you you have made a valid point. However I will regardless stick to my ethics and refuse to play anyone who tries to gain an unfair advantage.

Sincerely
YOGY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Cush62

To drop or not to drop 8 years 4 weeks ago #322904

• Cush62
  • Cush62's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Can't died...i buried him next to don't want too
  • Thank you received: 820
To say "someone did it to me" cracks me up ! Two wrongs dont make it. Right. I learned that when i was a kid. Stand strong yogy
The following user(s) said Thank You: may day

To drop or not to drop 8 years 4 weeks ago #322917

• StarsandBars
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Gravity trumps Time
  • Thank you received: 275
I usually drop when I see Heroicz...lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Cush62

To drop or not to drop 8 years 3 weeks ago #323020

• Cush62
  • Cush62's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Can't died...i buried him next to don't want too
  • Thank you received: 820
Heros arent cowards, maybe he shld consider a different name js

To drop or not to drop 8 years 3 weeks ago #323027

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Cush {WP} wrote: Heros arent cowards, maybe he shld consider a different name js

Perhaps the name refers to the sandwich? Possibly a baloney sandwich? Baloney fits. :P

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cush62

• Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.716 seconds