Wolf Pack Squadron

TOPIC:

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219241

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
  • Thank you received: 913
In my 66 years on this earth I've never been around so much positive energy.. I'm not a CA "guru" rubbing crystals together and huffing on a peace pipe.. Well ok, before I was saved I might have had some "pipe" experiance, but those days are in the distant past, matter of fact I've got a couple years in the seventies that are missing .. But that's another story.. Here's the fact THIS THREAD IS BLESSED!
Period end of story..

Kamikaze you are just as super in person as I would expect from your flying.. Thank you for the comments, and stopping by..

Guys I'm not sure how the face book thing is going to wash out.. Three daughters, some issues with social media, and the wife has asked me to support her and not go on FB.. For you younger troops I know this is as odd as peace in the Mid East, but it's my reality.. So I'm going to have to go slow here.. PLEASE don't think it's withdrawing from any of you, or a negative judgement re FB or your participation on it.. Purly a personal family type thing..

Prayers for Mindy, as well as Jim and his wife..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Squeak, Viper10{WP}, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219242

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400
Padre, I am sure your presence here on the Wolfpack thread will be enough. Thank you for the kind words sir, if ever I can be of assistance, don't hesitate to howl! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, {BLK}{WOLF}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219281

• Digger {WP}
  • Digger {WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 550

WOLF PACK SQUADRON
To All Who Shall See These Presents, Greeting:
This Is To Certify That
Wolf Pack Squadron MORAF & Triple Gold Star Recipient
Has Awarded A
Double GOLD STAR & the Distinction of MARKSMAN
To
Viper10
For His 84 Kills In A Single Game.
October 5, 2014

TOGETHER WE PROWL, UNITED WE HOWL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

Last edit: by Digger {WP}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219294

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
KK, thanks for the kind words to our great Wolf Pack. OOOOoooooOOOO

Congrats to Viper for the Gold Star--I was there for the whole 2 1/2-3 hour game and you earned it Sir!

Cheers!

Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron FB Group Page 9 years 6 months ago #219306

• Digger {WP}

Hey Sky,

Thank you so much for creating our own FB page. That is awesome!! I am sending you my email. OOWW OW OOOWWWWW

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219309

• Digger {WP}

Hey Mac,

Thanks for dropping in. Stop by anytime. OOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron FB Group Page 9 years 6 months ago #219312

• Digger {WP}

Hey KK,

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Come by anytime!!!! Thanks for the advice on a squad page by the way. I actually thought when I created this thread that's what I was doing,creating a page. What a dummy! Anyway, I tried your recommendation and I really could not figure it out. Again, what a dummy. :silly: So, I put a post up for Zup to see if he could help. I also asked him if it was possible to take this thread and make it our page, there is just a lot of good content here. Not sure if that is possible. Waiting to hear. Thanks for your help and your offer to help the other members of the squad. True gentleman and class act. Hope to see you in the skies soon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219328

• Squeak
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 362

CONGRATS VIPER!

GREAT JOB

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219329

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
CONGRATS VIPER! Glad you're on our side!
I accepted you to tbe Group page. Enjoy!

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219396

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
Viper.. Congratulations on becoming a two star pilot .. Those two stars look so cool.. and are so hard to get.. an amazing accomplishment.. Our hats are off to you and squeak! ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron FB Group Page 9 years 6 months ago #219447

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Digger {WP} wrote: Hey KK,

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Come by anytime!!!! Thanks for the advice on a squad page by the way. I actually thought when I created this thread that's what I was doing,creating a page. What a dummy! Anyway, I tried your recommendation and I really could not figure it out. Again, what a dummy. :silly: So, I put a post up for Zup to see if he could help. I also asked him if it was possible to take this thread and make it our page, there is just a lot of good content here. Not sure if that is possible. Waiting to hear. Thanks for your help and your offer to help the other members of the squad. True gentleman and class act. Hope to see you in the skies soon.

My pleasure, as I said, I will help you good people out wherever I can. Zup should be able to make this an official squad thread for you. He usually waits for a while to see if the squad lasts the test of time before giving official pages out, but I am sure you guys qualify!

See you in the skies! ;)

Warning: Spoiler!

By the way, it's a full moon in the skies tonight!!!
Guess that means I'll be extra hairy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digger {WP}, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy

Last edit: by Kamikaze King. Reason: Noticed I had extra facial hair, popped outside, AAAAWWWWWOOOOOOOOHOOOOOA!

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219460

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

tried some code that didnt work. Sorry

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy

Last edit: by Myrlin {WP***}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219464

• Digger {WP}

WOLF PACK MEMBERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE: I have noticed many squad members have been in-active for some time now. In order to keep Wolf Pack a healthy and strong Pack I have decided to instill a new Squad Rule. The rule is as follows: Each Pack Member must fly at least once every 2. As of today 10-7-14 we have a screen shot of every Pack Member's stats. I will give you by the end of this month 10-31-14 to log some flight time at which point we will compare today's stats to those on 10-31-14. If there is no change in your stats, and it is pretty hard to fly with out a death, kill, change in points, etc, then you are subject to replacement. I hope this reaches all of you in-actives by then as I enjoy having you as part of our Pack. I certainly understand life and that it is not always possible to play. So please know that if you are replaced and take up your flight career again you may always re-apply to Wolf Pack, just please follow the rules for application under RECRUITMENT. Viper10 will be in charge of handling Wolf Pack membership. If you plan to be in-active for more than 2 weeks for some reason, please Private Message Viper10 and give him a heads up. Please remember that every 2 weeks starting 11-1-14 Viper10 will be reviewing Membership activity.

That is all.

Digger

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Squeak, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219511

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's a full moon....OOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOO!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219512

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291

DireWolf {WP} wrote: It's a full moon....OOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOO!!!

not just a full moon....but a blood moon......
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219650

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
One of the few negatives I've had on dogfight happened earlier today.. Viper and I were on opposite sides in a destroy the field game .. I was out numbered which I sort of like.. when the red's came over the hill it was that wonderful noise of five to six machine guns.. I got one and got waxed.. THEN it got ugly.. Camping .. Yep and I understand and do it as well, once you drop your bomb(s) you have a fighter.. Use it ! .. Dropping, same thing good tactics if you're out gunned and the bomb is NOT on the agenda..
L
Spawn killing .. No way, no how, impossible to justify.. It happened to me four times, one was a bit debatable as I had a formed aircraft, but no control, and still center of the runway.. The others were pure spawn.. I sent something like "NO spawn killing" this after being a nice guy on all previous chat.. Course I got spawn killed again..

I got out of the game.. Did not make the comments I wanted to make.. Your old padre has some rough edges my brothers, and the idea of being punk'd sets my teeth on edge troops.. At least I didn't say something that I'd now feel bad about or a black mark on the Sqd..

I told viper (pm vipe) that it was analogous to cheating at cards.. Either turn over the table or get out of the game and walk away.. To bad as it still leaves a bd taste in my mouth.. At least ALL of US play the game in such a way that no one could say this about us..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}

Last edit: by Pistolfuddyduddy.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219654

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Padre, no worries brother. I switched sides right before you left and took it to them. I don't see what you did as a black mark on our squad at all. You were quite outnumbered, stated not to spawnkill, and left. We have all done that at one time or another I guarantee.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219660

• Digger {WP}

Padre,

You handled it appropriately. Good job. It is always better to turn the other cheek. Not easy to do sometimes but better.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219673

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1669
mabey it will work

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219677

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

good man padre well done sir ....something that squeak told me once still echos in my mind and ill apply in now.....squeak quote #1 lol...iron sharpens iron....un squeak quote lol but being the thick as thifes brothers we r do try and remember there names an we will go on the hunt all 4 one an one 4 all my brother ......turn the other check but go get ur brothers an come back an kill em with kindness lol kind bullits that is lol jk but u did great padre like u always do an were proud of u .... not bad for a guru lol lol lol ...just playin brother don't rub any stones together on me un padre quote lol hope u smiled brother g wolf it was my intent sir ....go pack ....OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWHHHHH OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWHHHHHLLLLL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

Last edit: by {BLK}{WOLF}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219765

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

HELLO WOLVES! AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
A sleepless night turned I to a great experience for me last night with a member from anther squad (now a brother from another mother).
\vhiplash and I were the only ones in a dogfight game, and much to my surprise(not) he shot me down once or twice before chiming into game chat with questions for me about my game habits and moves.Once he heard my answers he offered a turn by turn lesson on evading reds. He was patient and very forthcoming with advice for better than an hour of gameplay.
I hope to pay that forward one day. My thanks go out to \vhiplash! KUDOS, my friend! You're.a class act!
James

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219783

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Feel free to share some of that stuff with your brothers and sisters Sky :D

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219790

• Digger {WP}

Yeah!!!!! :whistle:

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219806

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
oooooooowwwwwhhhh glad 4 ya sky whip is a good pilot ...wow I had same thing happen with me last night/ morning ..with jimmy the great about an hour to just me an jimmy ...an he did the same 4 me my new planes fast but hes on win 8.1 as I am and even slowed his plane to match my max airspeed so it would be fare but man he earned his name guys great guy great pilot an all around great to fly with.....thanks jimmy

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219924

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Padre, I have been in the same situation many, many times. Quite often, I find myself being the only red left standing against a strong opposition and it is too much of a temptation for newer pilots to up their KDR. Personally, I don't care what my KDR looks like, I play until the bitter end as long as I can keep my eyes open and often end up being camped and spawn-killed by pilots with a severe lack of knowledge of what is an honourable game! Take comfort in the knowledge that not all rival pilots are like that, just the newer folks who don't know better. As KWH said, one day it will be your day to wield the baseball bat of justice and even though you are a man of the cloth, sometimes it is better to kill them with kindness!

SkyWolf, I am glad you have got to know \viplash, he is a really good guy, always willing to help out where he can. I consider him to be a close friend and is certainly a good friend to have. He is amongst the honourable in the game and will be more than happy to advise on any topic.

KWH, JimmytheGreat is a former G.I, he has only just left our ranks, so it doesn't surprise me that you had a good experience with him. He has a lot of talent and is always up for having a laugh! Next time you see him, ask him how things are going 'down-under' for me (he is Australian, if you didn't already know ;))!

Keep flying with honour, my friends. It is the only way to educate the un-honourable. Lead by example!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

Last edit: by Kamikaze King.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #219955

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hello KK,

Good to see ya! I agree with you--I fight to the bitter end and don't care about my KDR. Always good to see the GI's post on the Wolf Pack thread! :)

OOOooooOOOO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #220034

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
I flat miss you troops when im not here.. Yesterday was spent dealing with the Phoenix VA, I can only report what you hear in the news is accurate.. What the news dosent tell you is about the great staff that makes the top heavy burocracy work.. All in all lots less fun than our WWI world of twisting aircraft, and blazing machine guns..

KK ..thanks for the comments, we appreciate the visit, and the comments.. I agree with you on the fight to the end mentality.. I can usually spot the "fighters" as they wont let a little thing like being shot down stop them from fighting.. That rifle has a 35 round magazine and if your at 3K, a good chance of a shoot down, although not everyone appreciates being taken out with a rifle..

One last thought .. Kevin, I want you to know that I can ALWAYS read your posts and get out of a bad mood.. We need some of that wild spinning half in control, half out of control, wing tips cutting through the pine trees, guns blazing, pure fun, dog fights !! The last time Blacky and I played, I didn't realize I was making noise till my wife did the "HONEY" number .. I'm like huh ? what.? She says I'm "trying" to watch tv.. I can handle you twisting and spinning the iPad, but you're making odd noises.. Not sure what "odd noises" are, but I guess I was making them.. This game is pure fun! And you guys add to the enjoyment more than I can tell you !!

Prayers for Mindy, and Jim (how are the clots guy?) and his wife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Squeak, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #220067

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

OwOwOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOHHHOooowwww...Grrrrrrrrrr!
Greeting, most honourable WolfPack!
I wanted to update y'all on the health situation at the home den.
My wife had had a pretty good few weeks of feeling well until last weekend, when I took her to the ER with symptoms scarily similar to the stroke she had last year.There is where we got news we didn't expect, after everything else she had been through. A few weeks ago she was experiencing bad headaches and had what she referred to as a "lump" on her head that was sore to the touch. Back then, the docs deduced she had an infection of her sinuses which was causing pressure on her head. I kind of turned my head sideways and made that "huh" face when we were told that. So with antibiotics added to the miriad of other daily meds, we hoped and prayed for a quick recovery. So, when at the hospital, they reinforced our decision to be on the cautious side with her history. When scans came back we were elated to hear that "Stroke" was not on their lips. Neurology did however inform us of somethig called a "lytic lesion" on the same area as the "lump". Here we go again. This week she has given no less than 32 vials of blood for nearly every known test available. More scans were done. X-rays, hematologists, neurologists, Endochronology...it seems all types had a hand in trying to figure out the ultimate solution. This week was tests...next week we get answers. We were told that a lytic lesion is a series of tiny holes in her skull caused by either an infection of sorts or of a cancerous nature. Ugh! Stay tuned. Results to follow.
On my own front, my blockage is well on the way to being disolved. HALLELUJAH! My visit to Cardio yielded an all clear report on circulation concerns with my legs and all other organs. Next step for me is a scan of my back to try to find an answer for the numbness and fatigue in my legs, and the burning in my feet. I can't stay on my feet much more than an hour without increasing difficulty. Next week...Podiatry and the Skeletal guy. I haven't worked in over 3 weeks now. I keep telling myself that God wouldn't put us through this if He didn't think we'd make it through. I also believe that He put me in this situation to be here to handle my wife's latest life challenge. Bottom line...We are in the Lord's hands, which leaves us with a blessed feeling.
Thanks again for all of your support and prayers. We appreciate our newly found family and support network to no end.
From the game front I share with pride my latest promotion and my latest Airplane purchase . Can't wait to get those upgrades to become more competetive with practice. All of you have been I strumental in my steady improvements. WHIPLASH shared some things with me that Id like to relay because of the "picture " he painted in my mind about evasive tactics. He said...picture yourself on skateboard running it up and down on the Inside of a glass bowl, like you would on a half-pipe,all while keeping focus on an object on the ground for reference. Don't stray too high in the bowl, as you will lose speed and increase your oponents chances. Keep your turns sharp and precise without consistently barrel rolling and never, I repeat, Never become predictable in your turns. That right there was a crystal clear picture! He said the faster planes don't necessarily always win. It's all in predictability.
That is my latest update, my wolven Bretheren. Godspeed, my friends!
I have not received many requests to join our facebook group. BlackWolf and Viper are on board and I fully respect anyone's wishes not to be involved. Being a member of the group does not post what we are sharing on your regular facebook. You can see what's being posted but your regulars don't because we have a private group. Just that FYI.
G'day Wolves!
OwOwOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOHHHOooowwww!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Squeak, Pistolfuddyduddy, {BLK}{WOLF}

Last edit: by Myrlin {WP***}. Reason: grammar police

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #220118

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
long story short....

9000 (lonewolf14) and me been trying to restart a squad together since WolfHitMen disbanded.....but we haven't had much luck....i've created my own squad,but it got ruined when tarik struck and destroyed everything, including my motivation for leading a squad......9000 has been joining many squads and trying to 'feel it'....he liked NLR, but left NLR recently because of what an higher NLR player said to him..... i left the squad earlier today so he and me could try to create a squad together again.....but he still wasn't feeling up to leading a squad again also, so hes left and join gunners inc (i possess no ill feelings towards him, we will always be friends)....so now i am stuck leading a squad(that i don't want).....so i am making a deal with the 2 (maybe 1, had 3 people but 1 left earlier after i offered the deal).....i am going to stick around and lead for a little while and train them to lead the squad....once the squad is going good and they learned to work together lead the squad(as any moraf knows he needs a that special buddy to help lead the squad)....i'll leave ownership of the squad to one of them(they will decided together) and help them a little more....but once they are going good enough, i will rejoin yall again.....(that is if 9000 and me don't try to restart a squad again...)

i hope we can continue to fly in the skies
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Squeak, Pistolfuddyduddy, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #220134

• Squeak
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 362

James, thanks for sharing. Prayers continue for you and your wife, and for Mike and Mindy. I'm still working on the facebook thing, thought at first that i shouldn't connect because of privacy concerns but i may be able to work something out

George/Squeak
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy, {BLK}{WOLF}, Myrlin {WP***}

Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds