Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #172992

• ZebraUp
  • ZebraUp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

[M]acLaren wrote:

{£}ZebraUp wrote:

TOP SECRET!

Our weapons procurement staff are working on ANOTHER Secret Weapon for us to use in the upcoming Squadron Wars to go along with that torpedo thingy I told you about previously. This is only for pilots and ground crew of the Lafayette Escadrille to view. So "Shhhhh..!" Don't tell anyone about it! After all, loose lips sink ships! (and this will DEF take down the enemy carrier from almost all the way across the map!) :woohoo:

That's no match for the Misfits Tank Division. We already have twice the fire power :lol:

I guess you don't look too closely at the details Mac.. Look Closer.. ours has TWO 6-inch guns! Those things have a range almost quadruple that of a tank gun.. PLUS it moves at almost triple the speed of your tanks!
B)
Now if we can only raise enough money to purchase them with our bake sales & car washes we'll be rockin! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]acLaren

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173013

• [M]acLaren
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • [M]acLaren
  • Thank you received: 478
Some glitch I had in that game :lol: My plane looked the same way. Convenient, I had a great wingman! On the downside, it was impossible to aim and I had to bail... :(

...and btw. congratz on the M.O.R.A.F. title!

"Winners never quit and quitters never win." -Vince Lombardi
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173040

• ZebraUp

Okay y'all a few things.. first off Von leper has left the squadron according to his brother McConnell.. says his brother wants to join MOM... well good luck to him.. we only want pilots that WANT to be Lafayette.. that just opens up another spot for someone who desires to be in an awesome & THE most historic squadron in Dogfight!

Secondly, McConnell (who was formerly £afayette) is from Brazil and loves our squadron so if you want to speak to him use a translate program unless you know Portuguese..

Thirdly, and I am saying it again, make sure your forum name & game name match EXACTLY including your £ and brackets (this per zuperman)

Fourth thing on the agenda is those of you that aren't already a member of the squadron website at LafayetteEscadrille.webs.com please do so. It is a site away from here where we can conduct squadron business as well as have fun.. right now I need y'all to sign up there for the Squadron Wars scrimmages if you wish to participate.

Finally.. I will be having a nice surprise coming for many of you. It's a surprise so don't ask what it is..
:)

*edit - Oh! What do y'all think about my new banner??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173042

• Fiery Tiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 155
Hey Zeb, I noticed you had a new banner and I think it looks AWSOME!! You are improving your skills fast as you make banners for all the Lafayette members. In no time you'll be a Pro. Banner maker:)

F.T.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173225

• ZebraUp

=£= Fiery Tiger wrote: Hey Zeb, I noticed you had a new banner and I think it looks AWSOME!! You are improving your skills fast as you make banners for all the Lafayette members. In no time you'll be a Pro. Banner maker:)

F.T.

Thanks Tiger.. actually I was kind of proud of the banner I made for you.. one of the better ones I think. But yeah, as with anything you do the more you do it usually the better you get.. I am still not even close to being the pro banner maker that wig & Cat of Doom & Whip & tKestrel & Slenderman are.. but I am getting better! :)

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173257

• ZebraUp

So just to let everyone know, both Predator (now Von Skullz) & Von leper have both bailed out of the Escadrille without even a word & both have gone to M.O.M.

So you know what that means.. just great.. hard enough to take on a top squadron filled with moraf's in Squadron Wars with us being both new & small... now we have to be concerned about our sensitive info being distributed to an enemy squadron (tactics/codes/etc.) Von leper hadn't been with us long enough to know anything.. but we trusted Predator & he knows EVERYTHING!

I used my many years of my personal military experience as well as my extensive historical military knowledge along with my limited experience in playing this game (in comparison to top moraf's in MOM) to come up with those tactics that MAY give us a chance against top squadrons.. now I might as well have posted them here along with the codes & more.

Does the M.O.M. squadron need any of that to beat us? No.. but having it assures them of winning (not that we had much of a chance against them anyways.. but I was hopeful!) Not to mention them knowing about the 'game changer' I came up with.. that alone assures them of a win. Just wonderful..

This all just makes me just want to disband this squadron as well as leave this game entirely, but I am not going to.
I have poured countless hours into this squadron as well as helping other people in the game with flying tips & plane choices and answering numerous other questions.. I fell in love with this game.. the first & only multi-player game I have ever participated in.

I totally trusted Predator when he said he ONLY wanted to be Lafayette and was NEVER going to leave us after all that stuff with him being recruited by another squadron as well as him having a 2nd account in yet another squadron, I believed his words.. silly me.. but I thought he meant them and that I had a handle on where his allegiances lay.

Sorry I let all of you down with an error in judgement.

Oh well, you live and you learn..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, {L}-=KESTREL=-, Ziza, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173280

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
Can I give you guys a little advice?
As everyone can see on your banners that you are members of Lafayette-Escadrille, you don't need the {£} or =£= in your forum names. Those and spaces in your name makes it impossible to send a PM to you.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, TOPH

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173283

• Fiery Tiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well Zuperman said that your forum name is to be EXACTLY the same as ingame name, that's why I have that.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173316

• ZebraUp

bellsaj wrote: Can I give you guys a little advice?
As everyone can see on your banners that you are members of Lafayette-Escadrille, you don't need the {£} or =£= in your forum names. Those and spaces in your name makes it impossible to send a PM to you.

Yeah bellsaj.. what happens is when you try to pm someone DIRECTLY with an unusual character in their name you get " Â " in the address bar next to that character.. you have to delete it to be able to send the pm. Whereas if you are replying to a pm from them such action isn't needed.

As far as having the same name both on the forum as you have in the game that directive came directly from zuperman who asked that we do that to facilitate the forum/game integration.
How long we're supposed to keep it that way he didn't specify.. just said a week or so...

btw bellsaj.. I have taken your advice and am slowly resizing all the banners down to 700 pixels wide so as to avoid the 'screenspread' on some devices.. thanks for the info!
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173447

• {O}__PREDATOR__
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I play with my food.
  • Thank you received: 330
Friends,
I want to give you my sincere apology for leaving without even telling you. I apologize for even leaving at all. I'm not gonna tell them anything (That's a promise). I would rejoin Lafeyette now but you guys probably would not let me back in. I miss you all terribly. We can still be friends can't we?
Sincerely,
{£} *Predator*

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173482

• ZebraUp

Attention to Orders!

In recognition of his becoming a Marshal of the Royal Air Force as well as his excellent flying abilities and fair game play Mystère (Dace) is hereby awarded the Belgian World War I Croix de Guerre with Palm as befitting a pilot of great character as well as obvious talent & bravery in the skies of Dogfight.

(This is also an award that his namesake, André De Meulemeester, aka Sergeant Mystère was awarded)

This award will also be prominently displayed on his banner for all to see.

Decreed & Signed by me on this 3 Day of April 2014 by {£}ZebraUp - Squadron Commander de Lafayette Escadrille
The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, =£= Treybien 43, Ziza, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173604

• ZebraUp

Von Skullz wrote: Friends,
I want to give you my sincere apology for leaving without even telling you. I apologize for even leaving at all. I'm not gonna tell them anything (That's a promise). I would rejoin Lafeyette now but you guys probably would not let me back in. I miss you all terribly. We can still be friends can't we?
Sincerely,
{£} *Predator*

You are a great pilot & you have joined a great squadron.. I wish you nothing but the best in both life & the skies of Dogfight.. just remember to have fun! :) Take Care Pred
The following user(s) said Thank You: =£= Treybien 43, RT, {O}__PREDATOR__, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173613

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Thank you received: 423
Thought This Was Too Funny. I Hope This Gives Everybody Tremendous Hope Or A Real Good Laugh. This Was Taken Jan 5. I Think The Only Reason They Asked Me In The Squad Was My honor In A Fight.

Just To Compare This Is April 3Rd, 3 Months

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Fiery Tiger

Last edit: by =£= Treybien 43.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173623

• Fiery Tiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Whew!! I bought my se5a today!! Still a ways to go till upgrade though.

F.T.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173638

• ZebraUp

=£= Fiery Tiger wrote: Whew!! I bought my se5a today!! Still a ways to go till upgrade though.

F.T.

Nice Tiger! Just don't even bother flying it until you get both speed upgrades because it is a flying pig without them.. but with the speed upgrades? WoW! I enjoy flying it!!

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173639

• Fiery Tiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thx for the suggestion Zebra, I guess my spad is still faster then my se5a. I'd be a lot further along with my upgrading but foolishly I bought a squadron for $100,000 just because I felt like it. anyways, gunna work hard now and get that upgrade:)

F.T.

Last edit: by Fiery Tiger.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173641

• ZebraUp

With the way you shoot Tiger it won't be long at all before you have earned the coins for the upgrades! You are a TIGER in the skies of Dogfight! (especially in the bombing missions!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173644

• ZebraUp

One of many websites I have found dedicated to the Lafayette Escadrille is the link below which seems overall to be the best one yet I have found & is filled with tons of pictures as well as a timeline history of the escadrille and its pilots, also including training methods & flight maneuvers! It is so good I have added it to our 1st post of the squadron thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173715

• ZebraUp

A few of us were together with -=KESTREL=- when he got promoted.. here's the screenshot of his promotion!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Templar, Ziza, Fiery Tiger, VikingX*727*

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #173913

• ZebraUp

Olá McConnell !

For those of you that don't know, there was a 'McConnell' in the original Lafayette Escadrille.. here is a link to his Wiki page.. and he authored the book Flying for France.
McConnell
The following user(s) said Thank You: VikingX*727*

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174001

• VikingX*727*
  • Thank you received: 40
Attachments:

Last edit: by VikingX*727*.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174131

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Hey treybien?? I joined a game recently with you on the red side and I don't think it's fair for you to complain that I dropped my bomb! My team was way outnumbered against your team and I recently received a screen shot of you saying "I guess jack quit because he was afraid of others dropping"???? I'm sorry to say but I was looking for mrs. Gen~~~jack. I don't think it's really fair for your complaints and for you to assume something that is far from the truth!!!

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174136

• ZebraUp

Hey Gen Jack.. just to be clear we at the Lafayette Escadrille actually have NO PROBLEM with someone dropping their bomb.. especially when outnumbered.. or just as a tactic.. nor do we have a problem with camping.. (except when 6 vs 2 or any # vs 1) or any problem with any tactic or style of flying or anything that isn't a ban or mute offense. (*note: although I am not a fan of spawnkilling, I don't tell my pilots that they can or cannot do that.. it's a personal choice.)

You are a great player and I enjoy seeing you in a game whether red or blue, carrying or not carrying a bomb..
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174156

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
I understand its an individual choice and i do enjoy seeing your squad members in game!!:) I just wanted to make myself clear to trey:) thanks for making things clear and thank you for your compliment!! :):)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174160

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Thank you received: 423
Oh Boy Gen Jack, lighten up, I never complained or assumed anything about you dropping, I dropped when I seen you flying empty when we met in the middle the time you stayed in that game for a minute. you were cleaning house with a nice 5-0 and no bomb and I believe teams were pretty even at that moment and then when you crashed or left again for like the 6th time and that's is when I said that in humor but since no one was talking and you weren't there it was taken out of context, you know, like how most text messages are
this is really R I DIC U lous. jajajajajajaja
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, TOPH

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174163

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Okay then, no hard feelings:) I kept leaving because I was trying to find my wife. I stayed for a bit when I changed sides to the underdog side which was 3 blues against your 5 players. I oppologize for any miss understanding :)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, TOPH, =£= Treybien 43, Fiery Tiger

Last edit: by Mr. Serious.

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174196

• ZebraUp

Hey Y'all! Some BIG changes are a'coming! According to zuperman we now have over 20 servers (which explains yesterdays' connections issues & downed servers..) but see don't see them directly because they are all under a load balancer. This means that in East US for instance, they may be 4 different servers and it automatically assigns you one depending on the load. (I think that this will make getting into the same missions as your fellow squadron members will be a bit more difficult though!)

Also he announced that in less than 2 weeks they are planning a big release of Dogfight!! They are getting ready for it currently! I know it will include the new tank.. but what other changes will be included are up for conjecture.
(*If you want to beta test the changes, check the Dogfight 4.x beta thread.)

Does this also mean dedicated Squadron Wars servers/maps & maybe even a squadron scoring board?? I don't know, but I am hopeful and awaiting the new release!!

The biggest change I am hoping to see is less range on the machine guns as well as bullet drop from gravity affecting the rounds. WWI biplanes did NOT have what we have, which is essentially railguns with outrageous range and 0 MOA (minute of angle) accuracy lol! :lol:

This is all very exciting.. but I am of course expecting some bugs in whatever is released.. but I am sure zuperman will get even those fixed as quickly as he can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, Templar, Ziza, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174353

• VikingX*727*
  • Thank you received: 40
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, =£= Treybien 43, RT, Fiery Tiger

Lafayette Escadrille 10 years 3 weeks ago #174363

• ZebraUp