TOPIC:

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #219757

• MightyAce
  • MightyAce's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • TRAIN INSANE OR REMAIN THE SAME~
  • Thank you received: 527
This is a thread where us GIs can post plays and Give tips to new comers to our squadron..
Welcome if u are a newcomer!
Welcomed to the thread if u would like to post plays, tactics, etc..
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, { G.I. } ! M, 9000, Khemist Ace, [GI]BlkSun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #219759

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Here is one I read when I first got tired of getting shot down constantly.. (& yes, I know I'm not in G.I. but I thought I would help y'all out some..)

www.navyflightmanuals.tpub.com/P-1210 (Air Combat Maneuvering)
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, { G.I. } ! M, [GI2] Grim Repo, Khemist Ace, SavageViking

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #219762

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Search: High altitude bombing. (Great as a team sport/tactic. No one ever expects it.)
As a squad, you'll learn time over target. High, middle, and low.
It's so satisfying when all are bombing at the same time.

Above all! (or rather below)

Find the tunnels!

Good luck with your squad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, Khemist Ace

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220517

• SavageViking
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1446

ZebraUp wrote: Here is one I read when I first got tired of getting shot down constantly.. (& yes, I know I'm not in G.I. but I thought I would help y'all out some..)

www.navyflightmanuals.tpub.com/P-1210 (Air Combat Maneuvering)

Good stuff ZebraUp, thanks for the link!
I hear the song of the Valkyries, they call to me, they bid me to take my place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Khemist Ace

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220646

• Khemist Ace
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • KhemiKal Warfare...
  • Thank you received: 180
Nice topic Mighty...... I have a really simple one to share, its extremely effective if you are good at evading. This technique works best during CTC and Dogfight missions. Here is how it works, I coin it the "Lead Em To The Khemistry Lab". When facing a much more skilled and experience Pilot than yourself and being chased by him/her just evade the bullets and lead him to a teammate (blue) or even an enemy (red). This forces your chaser tob switch his attention from being solely on you. This can open up possibilities for attack on your chaser and if there is another enemy around. Just subtly go wide from the action (if all goes according to plan he will chase his new target) turn around and finish him off.

NB....... Don't get burned by your own "Khemikals" this is a very risky technique, it all could backfire with both enemy being hot on your tail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220649

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848
NEVER SPAWN KILL OR U'LL HEAR THE LAST OF ME :angry:
NEVER CAMP OR U'LL HEAR THE LAST OF ME :angry:
NEVER SNEAK OR U'LL HEAR THE LAST OF ME :angry:
NEVER SWITCH TEAMS WHEN ONE SIDE IS UNFAIR AND U JOIN THE OTHER SIDE WITH MORE PLAYERS OT ULL HEAR THE LAST OF ME :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Ok that's it from me :P ;) :)

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220650

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848
OHHHHH and one more never ever get in khemist labs unless u don't want skin anymore :side: :S :whistle:

Last edit: by 9000.

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220679

• SavageViking
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's a tip for newer Gunners:
If you join a game on the side that is clearly overloaded, and you notice a fellow Gunner on the other team, switch and help out your teammate.

Gunners never back down and we never run, especially against long odds... so if you see a fellow Gunner on the short end give them a hand. You may not win the game but you gain valuable credibility points with the reds.

People notice and they talk and the reputation for the squad grows.

We all joined Gunners Inc. because we wanted to belong to a squad that valued us as pilots and as people, in return, the very least we can do for the squad is to represent Gunners Inc. with pride and commitment.
I hear the song of the Valkyries, they call to me, they bid me to take my place in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, Sharp Shooter, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, ohill21machine, infernal

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220700

• MightyAce
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SavageViking wrote: Here's a tip for newer Gunners:
If you join a game on the side that is clearly overloaded, and you notice a fellow Gunner on the other team, switch and help out your teammate.

Gunners never back down and we never run, especially against long odds... so if you see a fellow Gunner on the short end give them a hand. You may not win the game but you gain valuable credibility points with the reds.

We all joined Gunners Inc. because we wanted to belong to a squad that valued us as pilots and as people, in return, the very least we can do for the squad is to represent Gunners Inc. with pride and commitment.

Great point the SV, and it doesn't have to be GIs, switch for a person even if they aren't in GI, we can set a good example, and possibly a that outnumbered pilot would become a GI after that game..and thanks KA, I thought this thread would be a good one! ;) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, nixkillin, SavageViking

Last edit: by MightyAce. Reason: lol put it up thought it was good, but typed it all wrong..

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #220705

• horriblebreast
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
the advice i could give to new gunners is this....remember it's a game.

we play this thing for fun, and our interactions with others should reflect that. there is something to be said for a rivalry, but keep it competitive and not personal. how did khemist ace and i become friends? we shot each other down! lol

i've always had a clear focus of what it is i want out of this game, and that is to have fun. nothing more, nothing less.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, nixkillin, 9000, Khemist Ace, SavageViking, infernal

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #221092

• MightyAce
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol guess theirs no more advice?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khemist Ace

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #221107

• Khemist Ace
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • KhemiKal Warfare...
  • Thank you received: 180

TheyCallMeMighty! wrote: Lol guess theirs no more advice?

Lol Here's another tip..... beware of the German monoplane.

Last edit: by Khemist Ace.

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 6 months ago #221171

• { G.I. } ! M
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • hi i m M...cool friendly .
  • Thank you received: 524
Here's a tip for newer Gunners:

Tht's true SVKing,
But I noticed several time , new guys, GI's either don't know team work or they fear to loose.
No one try to switch and help GI's partner, who need help.

(Only few matured are Excuse ) :ohmy:

So need to advise them to read Forum time to time..!
And grow with team.

(Obviously true GI's never runaway from battle though it is outnumbered...!)
:evil: :evil: :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, nixkillin, SavageViking, MightyAce, ohill21machine, infernal

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 5 months ago #222990

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213

Savage, I do agree with this, however anytime I try to switch sides the games usually doesn't allow it, and then I spend a lifetime trying to get back in. Also, anytime I do get back into the same game, it is always on the side I just left. Therefore, I just never bother trying to switch anymore.

I don't know if this is correct, but I think it's only on Windows 8 where you are able to choose sides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SavageViking

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 5 months ago #223002

• MightyAce
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

E*A*G*L*E wrote:

Savage, I do agree with this, however anytime I try to switch sides the games usually doesn't allow it, and then I spend a lifetime trying to get back in. Also, anytime I do get back into the same game, it is always on the side I just left. Therefore, I just never bother trying to switch anymore.

I don't know if this is correct, but I think it's only on Windows 8 where you are able to choose sides.

Actually its just plain luck, I'm on kindle and I just log into that server until I'm on d right team

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #236500

• nixkillin
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 345

Personally, I'd rather switch and not be able to join the same game than to be the one who helps annihilate you. It seems like some are just to greedy or too scared. I'd rather keep trying to switch. I'm not going to be the one that makes our squad look bad by not helping our squadmates

The Magnum GI

Last edit: by nixkillin.

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #236507

• horriblebreast
  • Fly hard, die hard!

nixkillin wrote: Personally, I'd rather switch and not be able to join the same game than to be the one who helps annihilate you. It seems like some are just to greedy or too scared. I'd rather keep trying to switch. I'm not going to be the one that makes our squad look bad by not helping our squadmates

that happened to me just last night. i came in on the allied side and someone asked me to switch so i did. then when i got back in game the german side outnumbered the allies. once joecronkjr came in on the allied side i just left. not gonna beat up on a team mate. i did try and switch back but i kept getting the german side.

9 times out of 10 the germans will be the larger side.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nixkillin, SavageViking, MightyAce

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #236731

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Sorry but I can't give you any tips or I may lose my competitive edge! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, MightyAce

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #236834

• horriblebreast
  • Fly hard, die hard!

[*M] bware wrote: Sorry but I can't give you any tips or I may lose my competitive edge! ;)

lol that is a good idea. we should open up a thread asking other people to give us hints and tips! :lol:

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #238894

• [GI]BlkSun
  • Thank you received: 39

Khemist Ace wrote: Nice topic Mighty...... I have a really simple one to share, its extremely effective if you are good at evading. This technique works best during CTC and Dogfight missions. Here is how it works, I coin it the "Lead Em To The Khemistry Lab". When facing a much more skilled and experience Pilot than yourself and being chased by him/her just evade the bullets and lead him to a teammate (blue) or even an enemy (red). This forces your chaser tob switch his attention from being solely on you. This can open up possibilities for attack on your chaser and if there is another enemy around. Just subtly go wide from the action (if all goes according to plan he will chase his new target) turn around and finish him off.

NB....... Don't get burned by your own "Khemikals" this is a very risky technique, it all could backfire with both enemy being hot on your tail.

Awesome technique Khemist! I'm not that well at evaiding but I have found this to work quite well even as a noob! Actually used it a few times before reading this thread.
*Cattle die, Kinsmen die, all men are mortal. Words of praise will never perish nor a noble name." -Havamal.

blacksuninvictus.org/home.html

www.narrg.com/

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #238896

• [GI]BlkSun
  • Thank you received: 39

TheyCallMeMighty! wrote:

E*A*G*L*E wrote:

Actually its just plain luck, I'm on kindle and I just log into that server until I'm on d right team

I'm using Windows 8 and I ALWAYS end up on the same side that I left. Now I just stay and NOT shoot my teammate.
*Cattle die, Kinsmen die, all men are mortal. Words of praise will never perish nor a noble name." -Havamal.

blacksuninvictus.org/home.html

www.narrg.com/

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #240546

• [GI]blaytent1
  • Thank you received: 18
Every time I try high altitude bombing they say stop sneaking what are the rules I thought it was strategy?

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #240555

• {GI} E*A*G*L*E
  • Long live GI
  • Thank you received: 3213
This is a touchy subject.

Some will say that you can do whatever you want, that's why the filed is so big, and the skies are so high, and if that wasn't the case, they wouldn't have created the game to be that way.

Others will see it as cheating, or unfair, especially when you're a high ranked player, on a team that outnumbers the other teams and you still do such actions.

Personally I have only done it when we are outnumbered, I'm in an inferior plane and just can't go toe to toe with the others, especially if they drop bomb. (seriously, how can any plane carrying a bomb out maneuver the S.S. IV)

The same issues pop up with camping at the other team's hanger to shoot people after they take off, or spawn killing, killing them on their runway after they re-spawn.

In my opinion, G.I. has a good reputation because we DON'T tend to do those things, we fly and fight fair, therefore don't do those things that are going to piss off the other players for an unfair game.

I was just in a game with WhiteTrashBear and he was sneaking, he claimed because he was outnumbered. Ok I get that, but after the time he did bomb the hanger, the reds got more help and then us blues were heavily outnumbered and WhiteTrashBear again was going wide and high. Do you think that's fair?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SavageViking, [GI]blaytent1

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #240571

• horriblebreast
  • Fly hard, die hard!
all i ask is that members of g.i be accountable for their actions.

there is nothing wrong with sneaking, and there's nothing wrong with complaining about sneaking.

just keep in mind that if someone calls you out for sneaking, they can do that. there's really no specific rule that the maker of the game has about this. so it's all open to our interpretation. that means it is open to the interpretation of over 300 or 400 thousand people. that is why there is such a difference of opinion.

i personally try and keep the games i am in on the fair and level, but i can't control any one else's actions or opinions. only mine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, nightorado, SavageViking, [GI]blaytent1

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #241084

• [GI]blaytent1
So I'm good with flying high?

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #241186

• SavageViking
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[GI]blaytent1 wrote: So I'm good with flying high?

Generally it is not a tactic that is looked upon as respectable. It is not "Unfair" or "Sneaking"... In my opinion, there is no such thing in this game.

Just consider this: As a member of the Gunners Inc. squadron, it is incumbent upon us to conduct ourselves in a way that reflects well on the entire squad. Often times it is not the name of the pilot that is remembered but the squadron.

Gunners Inc. enjoys a positive reputation in this game because so many of our pilots do not fly in ways that are disrespectful to other pilots. (That doesn't mean we don't know how to be absolute devils)

Flying High as a tactic to get the upper hand in a dogfight is a classic move, I can think of numerous pilots that use it to great effect. However, flying high to avoid detection to make a bomb run is questionable and usually leads to hard feelings.

As HB and Eagle have said, there aren't "rules against" such behavior, just keep the reputation of the squad in mind when considering doing them...

The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, {GI} E*A*G*L*E

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #241190

• horriblebreast
  • Fly hard, die hard!
there is a certain height that you can get to where you drop off the radar. i think it is over 1300 meters. that is the main thing about flying high. once you aren't on the radar anymore that would be considered sneaking.

as you gain levels it becomes easier to go head to head with the big boys. but you can't engage them if you are halfway up to the moon. :whistle:

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 3 months ago #241212

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536

horriblebreast wrote: there is a certain height that you can get to where you drop off the radar. i think it is over 1300 meters. that is the main thing about flying high. once you aren't on the radar anymore that would be considered sneaking.

as you gain levels it becomes easier to go head to head with the big boys. but you can't engage them if you are halfway up to the moon. :whistle:

I believe it's 1000 meters in any direction. So if you're flyin at 1300 meters and an opposing player is flyin at 400, they can see you. So if you notice that somebody was shot down, and is not noticed in the next confrontation, it's usually a good idea to climb and see if they're trying to go high and avoid detection.

I'm still a noob at this game, but it's something I noticed. Take it for what you will.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, nightorado

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 2 months ago #242741

• [GI]blaytent1
Can anyone tell me why my plane will not take off ? It will take off when on carrier but will self distruct half way I try to update but it will not complete.i really enjoy this game but I'm about ready to give up:(

Guners Inc...: PlayBook & Tips 9 years 2 months ago #242745

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9789

[GI]blaytent1 wrote: Can anyone tell me why my plane will not take off ? It will take off when on carrier but will self distruct half way I try to update but it will not complete.i really enjoy this game but I'm about ready to give up:(

Just uninstall the game first and then re-install if you are unable to complete update. Hope that will work for u.

While posting for solution, always mention which device make,model and operating system you are using. The latest DF version is 4.4.59 just check whether you are having the same version or older one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, [GI]blaytent1

• Page:
Moderators: horriblebreastKamikaze King{GI} E*A*G*L*E
Time to create page: 0.648 seconds