Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382586

• Juan Marni
  • Juan Marni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
EN ESPAÑOL: www.dogfightelite.com/index.php/forum/co...huge-tutorial#382872

HOW TO LAND / CÓMO ATERRIZAR: www.dogfightelite.com/index.php/forum/co...rial?start=30#383309

Hello, and welcome to one of the biggest tutorials ever made! To make it easier to read and better to use, each category is in a spoiler. Feel free to push and read the one that you want.

In-game menus:
Here’s a tutorial vid from Royal Flush:

(it’s from Dogfight 1, but it’s mostly identical except for the settings).The first thing that you’ll notice is that Dogfight Elite has much different menus than the rest of games. Well, when you first open the game in Android or iOS, it will ask you the way that you want to use to control the plane: screen joystick (a joystick that appears at the screen) and tilt (moving your device, it uses the accelerometer). When you have done all this, the main menu will appear.

Practice:
Warning: Spoiler!

Settings:

Multiplayer:

Squadrons:

Pilots:

Friends:

World map:
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Montymor., Magnus Canneb, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, Sir Stuart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: Some updates: squadron prize and new rooms.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382588

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
Aircraft menus and planes:

In-game:

Bullet drop:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, V.Huntress War, Gannet, Montymor., Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, Sir Stuart

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: New prices, new servers, new 'old' planes... Thanks Sikorsky for the Stallinium, Paco for the Siemens and the tank selecting menu, and Zup for the ranks image.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382589

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
DFE-Language:

FAQs:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cue Ball, Viper10{WP}, Alex Galt, Montymor., Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: Guess what... HOSTING!!!

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382590

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
Oh wow! Nice tutorial, way better and organized than mine was! This deserves lots of attention from the community! I wish there was a I LOVE THIS button lol

Thanks for making my little red killing machine famous! If you didn’t know I’ve had it since I was a noob; stayed with me ever since. And I set my first 100+ kill record in it too 

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Last edit: by Sikorsky.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382591

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Hey Juan, 
This is nicely done! I agree and wish there was a 'fantastic job' button. I'll be sending new players to read Juan's tutorial. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, Sir Stuart

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382596

• Pegoud
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Be brave and have fun !
  • Thank you received: 1969

LOL
I would have gained years of life if I had seen this before !
;)
Well done !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382611

• Montymor.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 197
Gran trabajo Juan, me alegro de que haya gente como tú que aporta al juego y ayuda a los demás. Sigue así, tienes toda mi admiración.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382630

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Keeping this at the top! Good information from a great squad. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382631

• Sir Stuart
  • Thank you received: 31

Juan: Great tutorial. However, you use the joystick, I don’t. So, a tutorial about settings, specifically about level of plane, and angle shooting. Do you aim slightly up, since bullets go down over distance. Aim straight, but bullets will still drop. Or slightly down, if you fly shooting upwards.

In the old Dogfight, (13 or so years ago, I played) I shot straight ahead, and had a very high kill %). In the new Dogfight Elite, Zup has taken a more realistic approach to shooting, and bullet drop has a high, very big impact. So it would be helpful to advise all, how to set up your shooting angle, so we all have an idea how to best setup our planes..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382632

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Juan: Great tutorial. However, you use the joystick, I don’t. So, a tutorial about settings, specifically about level of plane, and angle shooting. Do you aim slightly up, since bullets go down over distance. Aim straight, but bullets will still drop. Or slightly down, if you fly shooting upwards.

In the old Dogfight, (13 or so years ago, I played) I shot straight ahead, and had a very high kill %. In the new Dogfight Elite, Zup has taken a more realistic approach to shooting, and bullet drop has a high, very big impact. So it would be helpful to advise all, how to set up your shooting angle, so we all have an idea how to best setup our planes..
It’s pretty clear in the tutorial ( under bullet drop and aircraft ) but there’s a hundred other things so I’ll write it here anyways 
​​​​​​.
You can’t really “adjust” the drop distance, you can only increase it with the bullet drop upgrade. Once you upgrade something there’s no going back.
It also doesn’t help it won’t tell you simply “ok this tier means the bullet goes x distance before going straight down blah blah blah” nor it says x % increase in distance.
And the amount it can be upgraded is dependent on the plane. You can see the drop tier with the bars. Obviously I can’t write the whole tutorial here, too overkill for a simple question…
Now about shooting up - you have to. In J’s visual ( with the 2 planes head to head ) you must aim above the plane ( NOT THE BOX OR ANYTHING ELSE ) so the bullets fall towards the target. How much you aim up is dependent on the bullet drop level. He also included a link with the aim points for different stages, have a look at it. Maybe that’s what you have a doubt about.
For the control method, it doesn’t affect the bullet drop, just how the input is taken. I recommend tilt ( it’s called movement controller in game ) as it’s easier to make small adjustments.
Note for Juan - maybe you should rename this to “huge tutorial + ask anything” now that our first question arrived lol

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382633

• ONTOLOGIST
  • Thank you received: 3
WOW gracias Juan por tan excelente tutorias. Lo mejor q he visto. Un abrazo....

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382634

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!

In the old Dogfight, (13 or so years ago, I played) I shot straight ahead, and had a very high kill %). In the new Dogfight Elite, Zup has taken a more realistic approach to shooting, and bullet drop has a high, very big impact. So it would be helpful to advise all, how to set up your shooting angle, so we all have an idea how to best setup our planes..

Hey Stuart, thank you and all for the support :). I had never expected that this would be such a great success.

Bullet drop, is not affected by your device, or if you use joystick or tilt. It only can be affected by upgrading it:

At that image, there are four bars (from tier 1 to tier 4), but you can upgrade some WW2 planes to tier 5. Click this link, and you'll be redirected to my bullet drop tutorial for Dunc7 (I have improved the graphics to make it clearer ;)):
www.dogfightelite.com/index.php/forum/sq...ge?start=1590#381020

Have a look at it, and if you have any more questions, just ask :).

P.d.: a ver si tengo tiempo de traducir todo esto a español, para que no haya confusiones tontas al usar los traductores (qué digo traductores, EL traductor de Google jajajaja). Tendrá la misma estructura, y pondré un enlace directo en el primer post.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Juan Marni.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382687

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Juan, 
Bumping to the top again. Games are pretty full these days and new players could use the info! 

Cheers-
Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382711

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
Hey thanks Dire for your help :)! Glad to see that the wolves are here to help and not to eat our sheeps :lol:.

The original idea was to write a post every week with the updates at the tutorial, in order to keep it at the top; then deleting it the week after and writing another, and so on... This is why the thread is at the squadron's category and not at 'Dogfight Support'.

P.d. It's funny to see how many people there are active at forum when someone makes a mess, but no one replies when a noob asks for help :dry:.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382712

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Juan, 
Nah, we wolves just eat bacon. 

I  think if you keep it at the top people will read it. I remember when I was new to this game and someone would offer help/advice I would read it, but not necessarily respond. I think that may be the case for your tutorial. I was also thinking we could point it out in WC or in games when we meet new players if your OK with that.

Honestly it's great and very helpful! 

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382719

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Guess I’ll do my part on keeping this on the top! Eventually there'll be a hundred replies saying “keeping on top”  

Other than very subtle things it’s awesome!

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382727

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Bump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382734

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
Hey guys don't worry, there's no need to bump this thread. We'll keep it on top by posting and deleting empty messages (that's why Juan created it in our category, to be able to delete all those trash messages ).

Oh, and if anyone has fresh info to add, feel free to share it here, and also feel free to ask.
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382744

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
Now on 'Cool Threads' :woohoo: B)

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! 

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382775

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

The Nieuport 11 (still called "Nieport") suffered some changes in the latest update. Now it's more realistic: it's got a windshield, completely functional control surfaces (does this mean we'll have them soon in the SPAD as well?), gray cowling (which has no lower surface) and interplane struts, a new cockpit with instrument panel and the most important difference: a single Lewis gun (which is modelled in a very good way I must say) on top of the upper wing instead of two synchronised Vickers, what makes aiming completely different. We're still trying to get used to it; once we do, we'll tell you how to use the new Bébé.

BTW the whole 3D model is pointing at right (it flies like if you were using the rudder), but the gun and the camera aim completely forward (so this doesn't suppose any problem at all). Oh, and now when you glitch the camera  you can get inside the pilot's head and use it like a cockpit view (is zup working on one?) which work more or less with all aircraft, especially well with the Airco and the Bébé.

Lots of pics, as usual :P.
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pegoud, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Paco Zorapel. Reason: We can't moderate this anymore... at least cool threads is cool

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 10 months ago #382824

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
Hey y'all, lots of changes are happening lately in the game! The new Nieuport, new ranks for the planes, the noob-only server, the glitch for the 1st person view... I'm adding all that and still creating the Spanish version... 

P.s. I missed the Zero and the Lightning, and the SPAD is the only plane that can't move control surfaces. We are unique!!! :P

Bump! 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, DireWolf{WP****}, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382867

• Magnus Canneb
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Excelente trabajo Juan!!! Gracias
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382872

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
Español:

Antes de todo, quiero pedir disculpas porque todos los enlaces están en inglés. Dicho esto, ¡comencemos!

Hola, y bienvenido a uno de los mayores tutoriales jamás creados. Para hacer más fácil de leer y de usar, cada categoría es un “spoiler”. Pulsa el que quieras para ver la información de tu interés.

Menús del juego:

Este es un vídeo tutorial de Royal Flush:

(este juego es en realidad Dogfight 1, pero es todo igual excepto en el menú de configuración). De lo primero que te darás cuenta es de que Dogfight Elite tiene unos menús muy distintos a los del resto de juegos. Bien, cuando abres la aplicación por primera vez en Android o iOS, te preguntará el modo que quieres para controlar el avión: “joystick” (aparece un joystick en la pantalla y tú lo mueves) y “mover dispositivo” (inclinas el móvil/tablet para mover el avión, usa el acelerómetro). Cuando hayas hecho todo esto, el menú principal aparecerá.

Práctica:

Configurar:

Multijugador:

Escuadrones:

Pilotos:

Amigos:

Mapa mundial:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: Actualizada la info de World Map y el precio de crear un escuadrón.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382874

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
Menús de selección de vehículo y aviones:

En el entorno:

Caída de balas:

Lenguaje DFE:

Preguntas frecuentes:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: Actualizado todo acorde a las nuevas versiones.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382906

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
How about some tips on how to land without bouncing. 
I've tried everything I can think of, all unsuccessful.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382907

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

How about some tips on how to land without bouncing. 
I've tried everything I can think of, all unsuccessful.
It’s nearly impossible to do landings without a bounce in DFE as the wheels don’t have functional shock absorbers, and the physics are slightly unrealistic.
I have some tips to reduce the bounce however -
1. Don’t land at a steep angle, in other words stay level with the ground, not diving at it
2. Adjust the thrust as needed; apply more thrust to lift the nose easier, decrease to lower the nose.
3. As soon as you touchdown pitch down and thrust to 0, to try not bounce much.

Even if you do all this you’ll still bounce, although it’s not as bad as if you don’t use these tips.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382908

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The worst bounce is on the CTC game. No matter which angle or speed when my wheels hit it's like a trampoline. I've watched other players on other devices and seems the case for most. Would hitting the brake help?

Last edit: by DireWolf{WP****}.

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382909

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The brakes don’t work until the wheels touch the ground, so I don’t think it’ll affect the landing
Also, correct me if I’m wrong - but I don’t think they have too much of an effect. Again I’m not sure about this

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382910

• TFL alwaystrouble
  • Thank you received: 17
Land using other than cockpit view. Landings are nice and smooth.
Randy Divine

Juan Marni's HUGE tutorial 2 years 9 months ago #382911

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Really?
For me external view just shows me how bad they really are!
Whats your secret technique?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Juan Marni, Sikorsky

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.038 seconds