Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [*M]yNuts.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251764

• [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i just want my truck back
  • Thank you received: 1018
The kill range is fine right where it is now, I remember a few years ago, the kill range was insane, not today kill range is substantially shorter range. Geeez leave the gm alone it's fine.
someones stolen my truck!!! they left a note.fight and we will give you your truck back.so here i am ready to fight!!!one problem they never said how long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]ONSTER CANNON

Last edit: by [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251770

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
This seems silly to change this. However looking at who is supporting this idea, it's not much of a surprise. I say keep it the same!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251771

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

[M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1 wrote: The kill range is fine right where it is now, I remember a few years ago, the kill range was insane, not today kill range is substantially shorter range. Geeez leave the gm alone it's fine.

I agree...i spent my time trying to perfect this...i don't think I should have to relearn because of a lack of skill of others...they have the same opportunity to shoot me.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251850

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Just a thought but did all this talk of kill range to far, come from a new player that still hasn't played?
I was this guy once, I learned how to shoot with over 2 years of flying and now you want that changed?

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]Comet

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251865

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 423
I don't think a soldier on the ground or parachute should be the most deadly or have range farther then the planes and have unlimited ammo on the ground. And I'm not sure if the planes would be able to out range a tank either back then but "armored" tanks are sitting ducks even at a distance and out of a tanks range. (Smoke grenade for tanks). If the bullet distance was made shorter and have trajectory like tanks it would result in the actual name of the game, Dogfight not Flying duel over the valley of death. I'm for shorter range and drop. Just another level of skill to thin the herd so to speak.

Another Ammo amount upgrade would be nice with increased hit count. And faster tank load upgrade too, lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251933

• TOPH
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 181

I agree with gizmo.... a lot of thing are not realistic IE.carb freezing in snowy flying and in tight turns for any amount of time more than a few seconds or inverted you will starve for fuel (just saying keep it the same)

Gizmo541 wrote: There's a loads of things in the game thats not realistic, I say keep it as it is.

[/IMG]

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #251934

• Eagle22
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • u can fly,not for long when im around !!
  • Thank you received: 116
I go with #3 . Bullets in WWI was not long ranged , but It would go straight and eventually fall....So I go with zup`s #3 option !

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #252310

• WEREWULF
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 435
Keep it the same!!! It's a game, not reality.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253497

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 814
so true ....rabbit

darraxx wrote: Yep go ahead and change it see how many will paying guys will leave and how many just wont buy it .all i see i some want the advantage because they just haven taken the time to learn to shoot from long range and it easy as hell once you figure it twisting guys have the advantages in close in turn fighting. So take away the only advantage the head on guys have. Just who needs the waambulance here. You dont like head on fighting stay the hell out of bombing missions there are now three games designed for twisting and turning style go fly them all they want is a super kdr when your deaths have no meaning in your ranking so.they get into bombing games knowing they can out turn others and if they get in close they get the kill.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253498

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
bullets climb to a velocity...then they drop and start tumbling...

Eagle22 wrote: I go with #3 . Bullets in WWI was not long ranged , but It would go straight and eventually fall....So I go with zup`s #3 option !

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253513

• =£ufbery=
  • Thank you received: 35
I say change it to more realistic bullets...this is not star wars...gotta admit that I m glad this topic came up...this turns down new members from joining in...it gets discouraging for them and they don t invest in the game..we need to see more new members on here...the more members the better this game will grow..financially and technically...i almost stopped playing because of this when I first started...it was getting ridiculously hard for me to make any close approach...we all have to give it a chance and try it...it would get us all closer in combat and way more fun to all..not considering being more like the real dog fighting that those pilots encountered...change are good...keeps us on our toes... I would really like for us all to at least try it to see and if it doesn t work out we can always go back. Zuperman said it..it is was easy to change..so why not...Yes for me ...all the way..thank you RL

Last edit: by =£ufbery=.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253517

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
This a dead horse fellas. No matter how you beat it, its not going to run again. It was voted on a few days ago, right here on this forum. More than 50% voted to keep the game the same. All of the high ranked players went through the same thing. we developed our skills and learned how to shoot. This is what you need to do also. It will feel great when you get the hang of it.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper, [*M]Comet

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253519

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
I would even like the game to go back to when we started. I know that won't happen so my answer is to keep it the same, keep it simple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Comet, [M] F¡rst Blood

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253520

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
You do know that Crockett and I fly nude. You do know that if you shorten the kill range you may get a better peek at us.... I know I know.... Crockett will be the better looking one as he's older..... Wish I could whistle right now..... I agree with Crockett, keep it the same,, I don't need that image of that ole man in my head...

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253531

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dentinhead wrote: You do know that Crockett and I fly nude. You do know that if you shorten the kill range you may get a better peek at us.... I know I know.... Crockett will be the better looking one as he's older..... Wish I could whistle right now..... I agree with Crockett, keep it the same,, I don't need that image of that ole man in my head...

I will now go and burn a goat as an offering, in an attempt to get those images out of my head!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253534

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536

[*M] TR wrote:

Dentinhead wrote: You do know that Crockett and I fly nude. You do know that if you shorten the kill range you may get a better peek at us.... I know I know.... Crockett will be the better looking one as he's older..... Wish I could whistle right now..... I agree with Crockett, keep it the same,, I don't need that image of that ole man in my head...

I will now go and burn a goat as an offering, in an attempt to get those images out of my head!

Could you burn one for me too? Ugh

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [*M]Skyripper

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253571

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876

Dentinhead wrote: You do know that Crockett and I fly nude.

TMI dude, TMI...urp. I just threw up in my mouth a little.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253814

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Guys, if playing nude is the secret of your KDR, I will try it at home TONIGHT!

I took the RED PILL!

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253823

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M] TR wrote:

DAVY says, and once again DENTINHEAD reveals another of our secrets, some guys can't be trusted. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ehhhh, TR, before you burn that goat can you threw him into my cockpit for a few minutes, I just want to make sure he is un-blemished.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Mongo

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253825

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
TMI...LOL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253826

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
TEXT EACH OTHER ON THE PHONE ALSO ....SEE HOW THAT WORKS.....LOL

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote:

[*M] TR wrote:

DAVY says, and once again DENTINHEAD reveals another of our secrets, some guys can't be trusted. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ehhhh, TR, before you burn that goat can you threw him into my cockpit for a few minutes, I just want to make sure he is un-blemished.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253829

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Flying nude?

When I try that the iPad doesn't respond to my joystick!

(Btw.......they say a private shooting his rifle at von Richthofen was the one that actually killed him.)

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253831

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The joystick responds to the ipad, trust me I know what I'm talking about. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253837

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rudolf Rednose wrote: Flying nude?

When I try that the iPad doesn't respond to my joystick!

(Btw.......they say a private shooting his rifle at von Richthofen was the one that actually killed him.)

A long time ago, a guy did an investigation into who killed richtofen. Written about 40 some years ago. His best analysis says that an antiaircraft machine gun brought him down. He details the situation, and gets accounts from people who were there. Pretty interesting read, the book was called, Who killed the red baron? I believe it was written by P J Carisella.

(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose, [*M]Skyripper

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253852

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

[*M] TR wrote: This a dead horse fellas. No matter how you beat it, its not going to run again. It was voted on a few days ago, right here on this forum. More than 50% voted to keep the game the same. All of the high ranked players went through the same thing. we developed our skills and learned how to shoot. This is what you need to do also. It will feel great when you get the hang of it.

Just for the record:

The less than 50% voted to keep the bullets as they are. Yes the horse is dead, but it's color will not change. The vote results show that more than 50% voted not to change because several players used second accounts to double their votes. No, those votes were not all made by Pistol Pete. (I don't think any of the other cheats want to labor the point either.)

There were a total of 130 votes.
There were 8 duplicate votes. (Plus Pistol Pete's 1 for his now banned primary account)
So 122 total votes.
50% would have been 61 votes votes.
Assuming that the 8 duplicates were all to keep it the same there would be only 58 votes for no change. This assumption is actually pretty safe in light of who these double votes were cast by. (Again, they probably do not want the point to be labored.) ;)
Zuperman has said that it won't change "at least for now". That does not sound like the horse is dead. Maybe it should be... but it isn't. It may ride again some day. Hopefully if Zuperman ever authors another poll there will be more integrity in the voting.

Why in the world would someone cheat a poll about a video game? Do they feel so entitled that they think their opinion trumps the opinion of the community as a whole?

zuperman wrote: Poll is now closed.
I won't change the current system at least for now. Players are very divided about it and the current system is very hard on tanks and parachute/soldier, so what I did on the update is increase the number of required bullets to kill a tank.

Although the vote to keep the current system is high, the votes for a change (shorter distance + curve ballistics) is just a bit higher (after removing duplicated accounts). So many want a change but they don't agree on which one.

In short, I may change it but for now it stays the way it is.

Poll: Kill Range Poll

TR, I'm not trying to stir things up, I'm just responding to your inaccurate statement. The vote was very close but it was not in favor of 'no change'. Keep the facts straight and I promise to leave you alone.

"The Mighty" McFate :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253864

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Yeah...

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]Skyripper

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253866

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
U

[NLR] McFate wrote:

[*M] TR wrote: This a dead horse fellas. No matter how you beat it, its not going to run again. It was voted on a few days ago, right here on this forum. More than 50% voted to keep the game the same. All of the high ranked players went through the same thing. we developed our skills and learned how to shoot. This is what you need to do also. It will feel great when you get the hang of it.

Just for the record:

The less than 50% voted to keep the bullets as they are. Yes the horse is dead, but it's color will not change. The vote results show that more than 50% voted not to change because several players used second accounts to double their votes. No, those votes were not all made by Pistol Pete. (I don't think any of the other cheats want to labor the point either.)

There were a total of 130 votes.
There were 8 duplicate votes. (Plus Pistol Pete's 1 for his now banned primary account)
So 122 total votes.
50% would have been 61 votes votes.
Assuming that the 8 duplicates were all to keep it the same there would be only 58 votes for no change. This assumption is actually pretty safe in light of who these double votes were cast by. (Again, they probably do not want the point to be labored.) ;)
Zuperman has said that it won't change "at least for now". That does not sound like the horse is dead. Maybe it should be... but it isn't. It may ride again some day. Hopefully if Zuperman ever authors another poll there will be more integrity in the voting.

Why in the world would someone cheat a poll about a video game? Do they feel so entitled that they think their opinion trumps the opinion of the community as a whole?

zuperman wrote: Poll is now closed.
I won't change the current system at least for now. Players are very divided about it and the current system is very hard on tanks and parachute/soldier, so what I did on the update is increase the number of required bullets to kill a tank.

Although the vote to keep the current system is high, the votes for a change (shorter distance + curve ballistics) is just a bit higher (after removing duplicated accounts). So many want a change but they don't agree on which one.

In short, I may change it but for now it stays the way it is.

Poll: Kill Range Poll

TR, I'm not trying to stir things up, I'm just responding to your inaccurate statement. The vote was very close but it was not in favor of 'no change'. Keep the facts straight and I promise to leave you alone.

"The Mighty" McFate :lol:

Here is the screenshot of Zupermans final tally on the vote. Notice that he does not eliminate the 8 you say, and i make no comment on, disputed votes.

Now clearly the numbers show 50+% in favor of keep it as it is. A combination of the other two categories does not offset the minor, .8%, difference. The numbers for a ballistically more accurate profile only amount to roughly 1/3 of all votes cast. Combine that with shorter distance votes, its still less than a majority, no matter how tiny. I think my statement is fairly accurate.
Now as far as the dead horse, Zuperman could in fact breathe life into it again if he chooses, but at this time the nag has died.

(.Y.)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, Gizmo., [*M]VonHuLK

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253872

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783

I also agree that the shooting range is to far........
Attachments:

Kill Range to far 9 years 1 month ago #253981

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

[*M] TR wrote: Now clearly the numbers show 50+% in favor of keep it as it is. A combination of the other two categories does not offset the minor, .8%, difference. The numbers for a ballistically more accurate profile only amount to roughly 1/3 of all votes cast. Combine that with shorter distance votes, its still less than a majority, no matter how tiny. I think my statement is fairly accurate.
Now as far as the dead horse, Zuperman could in fact breathe life into it again if he chooses, but at this time the nag has died.

TR,

If you look at the list of 130 names who voted, you will see that 9 of them are now banned. If he still counted '[*M]enstral Cycle's vote there would be 8 removed from the voting. Those yellow names are the names which Zuperman removed from his count. So the poll still shows 130 votes but he "manually " removed them for consideration. Yes, the poll shows +50% unless you do the math. ;)

Again, just keeping the facts straight, however silly the issue may be. :lol:

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.
Time to create page: 0.765 seconds