Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.

TOPIC:

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89737

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Second one. Last win I post. 3 kills on albatross. MORAF by the way. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. Pretty exciting. My hands were sweating. I forgot what a total pain in the rump it was to kill in this junk. Great idea Rookies day. Count me in every time.

DF Rookie my apologies for jacking your thread with my BS. It will not happen again.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BlüEMäX.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89738

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
I had 1 mystery crash in that one. Weird i didn't even have the throttle up. It wasn't the dreaded lag kill either. Wonder if its a glitch since Rich was having the same troubles.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89739

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Ok I had a BTC like the one you had Rich. The game was crazy laggy. I ended up on carrier with no break button. First spawn i flipped over twice and fell through the deck. Crash. Tried to take off again. Crash. Red close trying to spawn me. No break button. Killed me. Hmmmmm. I had to leave the game. Couldn't take off.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89747

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228
Sock Muppet is me, lol. Thought I would have some fun with you guys. Since you can't get mad at the Noush, get mad at the sock puppet. It was quite fun till I screwed up and posted under the wrong name, Thanks Luna. You know I dig you guys all the same. It's all in the name of fun and games. I hope no one's taking this seriously. Darn it, I was going to take it to the "max" too. :cheer:

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89761

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
Dammit, Noushie, now I feel like a jerk! Not funny! :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Captain Noushbag

Last edit: by Luna.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89772

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

Captain Noushbag wrote: Sock Muppet is me, lol. Thought I would have some fun with you guys. Since you can't get mad at the Noush, get mad at the sock puppet. It was quite fun till I screwed up and posted under the wrong name, Thanks Luna. You know I dig you guys all the same. It's all in the name of fun and games. I hope no one's taking this seriously. Darn it, I was going to take it to the "max" too. :cheer:

How dare you make luna and the rest of us peeved!
Punishment for you nooshy. :woohoo:

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89775

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728

Captain Noushbag wrote: Sock Muppet is me, lol. Thought I would have some fun with you guys. Since you can't get mad at the Noush, get mad at the sock puppet. It was quite fun till I screwed up and posted under the wrong name, Thanks Luna. You know I dig you guys all the same. It's all in the name of fun and games. I hope no one's taking this seriously. Darn it, I was going to take it to the "max" too. :cheer:

Not what I expected. For all the folks I had evil mean nasty thoughts about today, I owe you an apology(even if you don't know it).

Gonna try to go get another rookie game or two.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Captain Noushbag

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89794

• sonic boom120
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 251

DFRookie wrote: Hello fellow DogFight rookie wannabes! This thread and squadron are dedicated to Rookies' Day. Pilots belonging to this squadron are only allowed membership on dedicated Rookies' Days. Rookies' Day is a day that veteran DF pilots and Aces agree to fly only "rookie" aircraft. It's easy enough for you battle-hardened, bloodthirsty devastaters of the skies to make Swiss cheese out of unsuspecting helpless novice pilots in your 1918 state of the art flying machines, but could you do it without the advantage of the latest technology? Well prove it! Post here to enlist in the deadliest group of "Rookies" that the world of DogFight has ever seen. On dedicated Rookies' Days you can temporarily switch your squadron affiliation to the Rookies Day Squardon. Fly your tag proudly and lay waste in the most basic planes DogFight has to offer.

Rules for Membership:
1) You may only fly the 1st level of planes from either the Allied or German forces (pictured below)
2) You must abide by all DF rules and common decency (no foul language, no shameless spawnkilling, no teamkilling, etc)
3) You may only fly your Rookies' Day Squardon tags on dedicated Rookies' Days. Dedicated days will be posted on this thread. Dedicated days are for your local time zone with a few hours grace period on either end. We don't want to get too complicated.
4) it is preferred, but not required, that you use your normal account and normal name (or slight variation). This way we will all know exactly who we are which will only add to your honor/humiliation. Do you have the guts to use your real DF name? huh? Do ya?
5) Rookies' Day(s) is a voluntary event. Some pilots will choose not to participate. Some pilots will know nothing of the event. Participants in Rookies' Day accept this and choose to participate knowing there will be experienced pilots in superior aircraft. This should be seen as part of the challenge of the event with no adverse comments or actions against pilots that do not choose to participate.
6) The ultimate and supreme leader of the Rookies' Day Squardon is Mr. Pedrinho. He is the originator of Rookies' Day and has the final say in all things related to Rookies' Day. (If you would like to show your apprectiation for this marvelous idea, bestow you're Thank Yous and Karma points to him. For the ultimate show of respect and appreciation, you can chat only in Portuguese on Rookies' Day)

The armament for Rookies' Day are as follows:

Or

Screenshots provided by PH PHotography.

CONFIRMED WANNABE ROOKIES
Pedrinho
Dixieconfederate
Raptor
Whiplash
ParrotHead
(p) Sputnik
RichyRoo
Nacho
FlyMagic
Whosethisguy
Jack Burton
Jdrock123
BlueDane
Blue Max
Dark Knight
Tbuilt
Maranatha
Snake Plissken
Throttle
BTJ582

hey where am I on the list hmmmmm?

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89805

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Well, I got in another painfully long game. Here's the results...

I held my own, but never got the upper hand. I don't even know if they had a base. Never saw it. In the end it was impossible to compete with an "Ace" with no bomb, while I was in the Camel. Once he got past me, I could keep him busy in a chase for a good while, but he was doing all the chasing.

That was my last rookie day for a good long while. Here's my lessons learned and observations:

-I performed MUCH better in the Fokker that the Camel.
-Neither could climb with a bomb worth a damn
-Both are excruciatingly slow with a bomb, the Fokker did better than I thought it would unloaded and was surprisingly nice in a turning fight. I've been on air craft carriers that turned faster than the Camel and I swear a damn tank passed me while I was in it. It's a real dog
-the rate of fire is much slower. Although I almost never run out of ammo in the high end planes, the 225 rounds I was given sure didn't last long. I was out of ammo by the time I reached mid-field.

The real thing I learned is that as we gain experience and become better pilots its all that much easier to take advantage of the noobs. Not only are they learning how to handle their planes, they ARE equipped with inferior equipment. We need to remember to encourage the new guys. I'm not saying we give them a pass, but definitely need not to abuse them. It's easy to do.

Another note... These planes that rookies have to use CANNOT jump up like the ones we're used to. I've learned how to get away, up and around when someone is attempting to spawn kill. It was nearly impossible in the my last game. 2 pilots had us pinned in a perfect rotation so that one was always firing at spawning planes. In the end I managed to pop up get shot and chute in time to crash one out. A noob will never even know to try that and stands little to no chance of getting away. The immunity is a good thing for the lower ranks and I think it should be extended beyond Rank 4 (Although I also think it should go away once they fire their first shot). I absolutely can see how a new guys can get discouraged and leave never to return when being abused.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Paul Mantz, Jr., Whosethisguy, KA5EY

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89821

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315

Think its safe to say people had taken it seriously, you had been saying things about 'being the reason coop left' and when you start name checking people with some sort of self gratification, that's wrong.
Noush, I've always liked you but the moment you realised you had really annoyed max, you should've kicked back and calmed things down rather than trying to cause tensions within your old squad. (Deliberately trying to make us think Doggs).

Unless you did intent to offend max, coop or anyone else, then why hide behind anonymity for so long?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89853

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228
Ugh..Really folks, lighten up. There were lots of words that got lost in translation during, such as the thing with coop. Blue, Paul and PH are amongst my fav. peoples and they know it. Sockpuppet got so much attention, it was fun to carry on being "mean" for a change. I liked Doggs style (not to be confused with Doggy styl..ummm...never mind) I know it was wrong, but as my grandpa used to say, "every hero needs a villain to fight off"... your my boy blue, love u like a brotha. Same for PH. Paul is the saintliest ol hoot I've ever come across. Luna reminds me of a cousin.

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luna, Paul Mantz, Jr.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89924

• BlueDane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 291

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: It was fun until several high ranks (avid forum participants) showed up dropped bombs on ship and camped. 4 against 2. Got tired of the "rookie rape" as one referred to it as.
I had a camera in a place where they aren't supposed to go this morn. At least the doctor gave me relaxing drugs.
How was your day?
More to come....

Secret: to get the plane in air faster.....get out & push!

I have to own up to being one of those (not my quote though)
When my cruddy old camel eventually got to the carrier, I bombed and hung about straight and slow waiting to be shot down so I could tank the carrier..
I took so long to fly there and back it was the only choice and if I tried, I got shot at.

Gave some, got some back. All in fun tho, no spawning.

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #89927

• BlueDane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 291
Also couldn't disagree more with you parrot....

I just couldn't get on with the Fokker. The only benefit it had was I could bunny hop it in the carrier hanger as the take off was so short.
Apart from that, it was like flying a wardrobe!!

The camel was easier and smaller (in my opinion)

I guess it's all about preferred play style, skill and a chunk of luck..

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 10 years 11 months ago #90139

• Throttle
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • :3
  • Thank you received: 29
You can skate upside-down on the ground with the Sopwith Camel :whistle: :)
~Thro††le Thanks for reading!
:3

The Official Rookies' Day Squadron 9 years 11 months ago #176111

• KA5EY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1369
Bump

Time to create page: 3.041 seconds