Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 month ago #160057

• RLD[M]Stover
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Believe N B A Overcomer
  • Thank you received: 189
OK so I have purchased some points and they showed up I also use a nexus 7 besides Asus t100 how much to purchase game is there somewhere in the forum to read up on the game requirements. Like a price list when bought points I hit wrong button and I know my issue I get it but I'd like to spend more if it's going to give me better game play I just want to know what it is don't want to keep doing I mean do I need to just spend the 30+ dollars do I really need that many and when I did it said I would get bonus points and I don't think that happened if someone points me in right direction I'll read up on it, but would rather not read the whole forum to be able to enjoy the game I really like it by the way. And thanks to all involved.
Good Orderly Direction, It is What it is until it isn't anymore.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 month ago #162030

• RLD[M]Stover
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hello anyone reading I purchased a Xbox 360 controller for PC but I'm not getting any left/right up/down action, fire, bomb drop, plane view and throttle seem to work. This is a asus t100 win 8.1 I did the calibration and all functions are being seen in the properties. Then I go in game and above happens this PC has a 3.0 usb that's supposed to be backwards compatible but have also tried with a usb hub. Looking for anybody that's gotten this things to work I read some we're using . I'm currently testing between Nexus 7, ipad mini 1rst edition and the asus t100 I'm going to put some of my findings in the windows thread at some point still a little rough in the search functions n rules so I'm having problems finding things what a game huh.

Re: Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 month ago #162343

• IcedCoffeeAddict2
  • Thank you received: 4
I can't get past Mission 6. The Tri - Motor Allied hangs in one spot after it takes off. Before and after I shoot both enemies. We go nowhere fast. I'm running Android 4.3.

Last edit: by IcedCoffeeAddict2. Reason: Expansion

Re: Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 month ago #164543

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Connection lost....

In a dogfight mission, some new player asked
me to shoot him, so he could drive across the bridge in a tank.
I gladly 'helped him along', so to speak.
Wished him luck and told him not to get wet....
'I won't!' He replied.
He clearly had not checked if I still had a bomb, and a weired sence of humor!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RLD[M]Stover

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167213

• NLR wannacut
  • god ride a panhead
  • Thank you received: 50

is there a practice site one can go to to become good with a tank,,??? and how come the planes are so small, one can hardly see them ..??????????????????????????????????
]
[img] hthttp://dogfightplay.com/centertobucket.com/albums/d18/MOMbucketII/subsquad_dawn2_zps11b Rank: Junior Boarder Register Date: 15 Jan 2014 Last Visit Date: 1656f.jcentertobucket.com/albumspg[/center]Last Visit Date: 1656f.jcentertobucket.com/albumspg[/img][/center]

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167860

• SLA¥ERinc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 369
trying to find out, how to get Dogfight, for PC. Any help will be appreciated.......
SET AN EXTRA PLATE.....HELL IS COMING TO BREAKFAST!

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167865

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

SLAYERinc wrote: trying to find out, how to get Dogfight, for PC. Any help will be appreciated.......

I believe it is available on windows 8.1, but I'm not sure where you find it. Send a PM to Zebra Up.

ALL IN 100%

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167899

• Two Ton
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 126
It's on the windows store. Only 8/8.1, although 8 is gonna be discontinued? Just search for it and you'll find it. Not available on any other windows operating system. Not sure about any of the open source ones though, or mac's.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167902

• [LF]HOGDOG22
  • click the leash
  • Thank you received: 16
I got mine From Windows Store,I had win8 then was moved to 8.1 :) Toshiba laptop What im using.hope this helped

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167908

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
Hi
Can you help me with this?
When I am directed to protect a zepp I do. But every time I do there is no one else there except just me.
So there I go protecting this gas lump, flying up and down until it gets over the target. I come screeming Dow from above,can't see anything to hit an d I loose the game every time. Anyone give me a heads up on this one, I would be most grateful.
Best regards
muziki1

Last edit: by [TFL] muziki1. Reason: typo

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #167917

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...

muziki1 wrote: Hi
Can you help me with this?
When I am directed to protect a zepp I do. But every time I do there is no one else there except just me.
So there I go protecting this gas lump, flying up and down until it gets over the target. I come screeming Dow from above,can't see anything to hit an d I loose the game every time. Anyone give me a heads up on this one, I would be most grateful.
Best regards
muziki1

It's a glitch, it will be fixed with next update. Only bomb the base games have Multiple players in them right now.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: RLD[M]Stover, [TFL] muziki1

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #168118

• lafayette.mccaskill
  • Thank you received: 0
Can't download 4th level???

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #168126

• RLD[M]Stover
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

lafayette.mccaskill wrote: Can't download 4th level???

4th level??? need more info friend.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 2 weeks ago #168205

• {L}-=KESTREL=-
  • Thank you received: 35
Hi guys. I was just wondering, what does T.A.S.King stand for? I've seen it on the forum a few times, but I couldn't figure out what it means... Only that it is some type of punishment for misbehavers.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 week ago #168964

• [NLR] OutLaw
  • if u run with big dogs u have to pee on tall trees
  • Thank you received: 14
I was flyin and havin a great time till a couple nights ago now it just says there a new update and it is free so I click ok and all it does is take me to app page where it says I own this app, I can open the game and fly in practice still but dang if I can open multiplayer. I really like this game I even got a facebook acct and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but nothing lol and I have no use for facebook just thought it might help me get in game . whats going on????

Last edit: by [NLR] OutLaw. Reason: never got hooked on phonics

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 week ago #168976

• RLD[M]Stover
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

lowdownoutlaw wrote: I was flyin and havin a great time till a couple nights ago now it just says there a new update and it is free so I click ok and all it does is take me to app page where it says I own this app, I can open the game and fly in practice still but dang if I can open multiplayer. I really like this game I even got a facebook acct and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but nothing lol and I have no use for facebook just thought it might help me get in game . whats going on????

Need a little more info there friend. What device, platform software wise are you using may be able to help.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 week ago #168977

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...

lowdownoutlaw wrote: I was flyin and havin a great time till a couple nights ago now it just says there a new update and it is free so I click ok and all it does is take me to app page where it says I own this app, I can open the game and fly in practice still but dang if I can open multiplayer. I really like this game I even got a facebook acct and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but nothing lol and I have no use for facebook just thought it might help me get in game . whats going on????

Post this on blacklist, you might find help there.

ALL IN 100%

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 week ago #169469

• GreyNade
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA LEGENDS |Zeek The Fre@k • [LF]*Z FrE@k*
  • Thank you received: 158
Ok here's a common Question"How to join a squad?"
here's a video to help yall!! :)

i dont knw y this is not being posted! :unsure:
but still this is the link!
www.screencast.com/t/prOTyp16ZF1
I Am a FrE@k...!!!

Last edit: by GreyNade.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 10 years 1 week ago #169547

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 423
uninstall, reinstall

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #171785

• Raider
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • GI's Sneaky Pilot
  • Thank you received: 168
Hi guys, I need help.. How do I upload my screenshots to the forums, tried to do so but it says that size has been exceeded set by the administrator..

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #171805

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
A Lot Of People Use Photo Bucket To Create The Photo Link To Insert Photos In Forum. Use The Bottom Choic Of The four, The IMG LINK I Believe...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raider

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #171819

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
A Lot Of People Use Photo Bucket To Create The Photo Link To Insert Photos In Forum. Use The Bottom Choic Of The four, The IMG LINK I Believe...

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #171893

• Chaos Wolf
I've had "Dogfight" installed on my Droid Maxx for a few weeks and played it off and on and done a few sample missions.

Although the graphics are nice, I've not spent a lot of time with it because generally I prefer air-simulation games that allow you to control the rudder, and "Dogfight" only seems to allow you to control the ailerons and elevators via a connected virtual joystick (if I'm wrong in that, however, please correct me!).

I was also bothered by the fact that it seems that it costs a lot of money to buy improved aircraft, and because I'm unemployed I don't wish to spend much of my cash on gaming (and if I do buy a game, I prefer to pay for it all at once, instead of having to constantly pay more money to advance as I go along).

Nonetheless, I decided to give "Dogfight" another try yesterday, but things seemed a bit different. When I clicked on the shopping-cart tab, it offered to allow me to purchase points, but no longer can I find anywhere my hanger or any place showing me what kinds of planes I can purchase. Has this been removed from the game? Although the game allows me to purchase points, it doesn't offer me anything to spend the points on anymore.

Also, I don't quite understand how to tell how much damage my plane has taken. Is that represented purely by the number of bullet holes in my windscreen?

Finally, I was really miffed when I tried to land at the end of mission 3. Apparently the landing strip was a concrete block raised a half foot off the ground, and when my aircraft tried to taxi onto it from a slight angle from the nearby ground, my first wheel got on the runway but caused my airplane to become tilted because the runway was so high up, and the plane tipped over and crashed when I tried to slowly move the second wheel onto the runway. Who makes runways out of concrete strips above the level of the ground? Don't the game designers know that runways in World War I were generally just a long dirt area in a nearby field conveniently close to the hangars? *mumbles and then chuckles at the lack of logic* Does this type of problem from a lack of realism happen often in the game?

Is there a game manual anywhere that explains all the nuances and details regarding the game, or is the game intended to be so simple that they assume anybody can figure out anything they need to know?

I'm trying to like this game, I really am -- but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, or if I need re-install my copy of the game, or what.

Thanks for the advice! Tally ho, and see you in the skies!

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #171896

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Hi WOLF. I was addicted to the game the very first time I turned it on. The bottom line is this, the game is only a game, something made up so old farts like me can have a good time. We all know that the realistic part of this game cannot and never will be perfect.

The game, it seems, will always suffer from some form of lag or other problems such as the fact that I cannot play water games well. Over or even near water my plane becomes laggy and I cannot aim to shoot thus I get shot down easily.

Yes there are some frustrating parts of this game however that can be overshadowed by the friendship and relationships that you can build here. As a commercial flight instructor and and ex commuter pilot I can pick this game apart but I recognize the game for what it is, A DOWNRIGHT FUN GAME FULL OF A BUNCH OF GREAT PEOPLE, that is if you take the time to get to know them.

The relationships and friendships are as much a part of this game as the game itself. Give the game some time. The silliness and goofiness of the forum is as equal to the game itself. The foolishness is outrageously funny at times. A great escape to say the least.

Take care wolf and I hope to see you in the game sometimes.

Last edit: by [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #171902

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...

Chaos Wolf wrote: I've had "Dogfight" installed on my Droid Maxx for a few weeks and played it off and on and done a few sample missions.

Although the graphics are nice, I've not spent a lot of time with it because generally I prefer air-simulation games that allow you to control the rudder, and "Dogfight" only seems to allow you to control the ailerons and elevators via a connected virtual joystick (if I'm wrong in that, however, please correct me!).

I was also bothered by the fact that it seems that it costs a lot of money to buy improved aircraft, and because I'm unemployed I don't wish to spend much of my cash on gaming (and if I do buy a game, I prefer to pay for it all at once, instead of having to constantly pay more money to advance as I go along).

Nonetheless, I decided to give "Dogfight" another try yesterday, but things seemed a bit different. When I clicked on the shopping-cart tab, it offered to allow me to purchase points, but no longer can I find anywhere my hanger or any place showing me what kinds of planes I can purchase. Has this been removed from the game? Although the game allows me to purchase points, it doesn't offer me anything to spend the points on anymore.

Also, I don't quite understand how to tell how much damage my plane has taken. Is that represented purely by the number of bullet holes in my windscreen?

Finally, I was really miffed when I tried to land at the end of mission 3. Apparently the landing strip was a concrete block raised a half foot off the ground, and when my aircraft tried to taxi onto it from a slight angle from the nearby ground, my first wheel got on the runway but caused my airplane to become tilted because the runway was so high up, and the plane tipped over and crashed when I tried to slowly move the second wheel onto the runway. Who makes runways out of concrete strips above the level of the ground? Don't the game designers know that runways in World War I were generally just a long dirt area in a nearby field conveniently close to the hangars? *mumbles and then chuckles at the lack of logic* Does this type of problem from a lack of realism happen often in the game?

Is there a game manual anywhere that explains all the nuances and details regarding the game, or is the game intended to be so simple that they assume anybody can figure out anything they need to know?

I'm trying to like this game, I really am -- but I'm just wondering if I'm missing something, or if I need re-install my copy of the game, or what.

Thanks for the advice! Tally ho, and see you in the skies!

You do not NEED to purchase any points, I didn't, I just kept playing and accumulated what I needed. It will make you a better pilot. Buying better planes won't make you shoot better or fly better. I had the same problem with the landing strip. With practice you learn to land on it.

ALL IN 100%

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #177097

• Chaos Wolf
*sighs in confusion*

I went ahead and bought 25,000 points, with the hope that I would be able to buy a plane or tank or parachute or something. After the purchase went through and I got a confirmation e-mail, however, ... nothing had changed. Nowhere in any of the menus was there any place that indicated how many points I had, and nowhere was there any place to access the hangar and buy any planes or anything with the points I had bought.

I tried stopping and starting the game again, but still nothing changed. Still no option to access the hangar or use my points.

FYI, I have Dogfight installed on my Android Maxx.

I looked around for advice on the Internet, and one person said I needed to buy the full version of the game before I could use my points and buy things.

Unfortunately, I can't find any way to purchase the full version of the game! None of the menus in Dogfight (and I've upgraded to the latest copy) provide me any options for purchasing the full version of the game, and when I go to Google Play to see if I can buy the full version there, the only thing that's offered to me is the free version, which it says I've already downloaded.

How do I purchase and download the full version of the game? What's going on? If I can't purchase the full version, how do I get back the money I spent for the 25,000 points?

I'm really frustrated about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #177100

• GreyNade
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA LEGENDS |Zeek The Fre@k • [LF]*Z FrE@k*
  • Thank you received: 158
Wolf u can go to the hangar -
Play-select a map-
Now look at the arrows at the right and left side .tap on it and u can see other planes then buy it u will see the button"Buy Airplane"then "->" this button
Hope u understood
I Am a FrE@k...!!!

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 11 months ago #177815

• Raider
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • GI's Sneaky Pilot
  • Thank you received: 168
Hi guys, how do i add Warning spoiler in the post?

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 4 months ago #228246

• Cowtown
  • Thank you received: 1
I see it's been awhile since anyone has posted to this thread but I've got a question.

When I'm playing in one of the "Bomb The Carrier" games I've noticed that some of the planes have the ability to bomb multiple times without going back to an airfield to re-arm. What's the trick to getting more that one bomb at a time?

Help for any newcomers with questions!! 9 years 4 months ago #228251

• Goddo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 95
Higher level planes have an option to buy an extra Bomb
This is available on the SE5 / DR1 and above

Time to create page: 1.341 seconds