Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DFe Honor 5 years 11 months ago #371113

• [NLR] Doonesbury
  • [NLR] Doonesbury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 111
I have struggled with this game since the mix of WW1 and ww2 planes. I find it extremely unfair to fly 400+ kph planes against 200 kph planes. I see many choosing to fly and fight in WW1 planes, on which this game was founded. Some have suggested "noob plane" days, when we can all fly lower tier planes for the fun of it. I honor them

I DO NOT CONDEMN those who prefer to fly ww2 planes; they break no rules nor are less honorable fliers through that choice.

But I want to HONOR those fliers I see who choose day after day to fly their ww1 planes in the face of significantly inferior speed and yet still show their skill.

I have recently enjoyed numerous games with mixed planes, tho' still chafe at the speed disparity. I see many who fly ww1 planes whom I respect and attempt to learn from, their skill honed through thousands of hours of gameplay. I honor them.

I see some struggle with lag, connectivity issues, limited funds, and limited free time to fly, yet we see them often. I honor them.

Several pilots choose to switch sides in uneven contests to balance the fight. Several have changed out of ww2 planes to fly with friends flying ww1 planes. I honor them.

Many speak up when they see others spawn killing without cause, others camping above an airfield and repeatedly shooting down planes just taking off. They take them to account, make them aware of how this reflects on a lack of sportsmanship. They show they have honor.

My thanks to all those who fly this game with skill, who play fair, and have fun in the arena of Dogfight Elite. You give me a needed diversion, a stress reliever, a fun time! I will always try to fly with honor.
I honor the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his grave...

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Mongo, ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, airwolff, Fullthrottle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DFe Honor 5 years 11 months ago #371130

• Montymor.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 197
Totalmente deacuerdo con lo expresado por Doonesbury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, [NLR] Doonesbury

DFe Honor 5 years 11 months ago #371170

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
one up, the highest of the fives, cheer to honor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, airwolff, [NLR] Doonesbury

DFe Honor 5 years 11 months ago #371262

• Lone Player
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play clean and have good reputation.
  • Thank you received: 671
Hello Doonesbury. I am one of those pilots who sets aside the plane ww2 to use the plane ww1 to honor those who do not play ww2. I am honored, I have a reputation that is above the points to conquer. When someone asks me to change or I see that they only have ww1, I ask or change voluntarily. Also, I hate 3x1 or 4x2, 5x1, 5x2 games. I'd rather help somebody in trouble at a numerical disadvantage, lose lives for several dishonest and insensitive pilots but be an honest person. I consider balance, fairness and a good reputation is the most important for a healthy game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, airwolff, [NLR] Doonesbury

DFe Honor 5 years 11 months ago #371277

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
When ww2 planes were first introduced to dogfight you would get double the points to fly one not sure if it's still that way or not... but if you really want to honor those who fly them against far superior planes like the jet how about giving those who do fly a biplane against jets double points and ww2 planes get the normal point system that's been in place forever?
Just doesn't seem fair to have jets against biplanes and get more points in a plane that is far superior just my 2 cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, DireWolf{WP****}, SCAMPERS REVENGE, airwolff

DFe Honor 5 years 11 months ago #371290

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

[*M]TBUILT wrote: When ww2 planes were first introduced to dogfight you would get double the points to fly one not sure if it's still that way or not... but if you really want to honor those who fly them against far superior planes like the jet how about giving those who do fly a biplane against jets double points and ww2 planes get the normal point system that's been in place forever?
Just doesn't seem fair to have jets against biplanes and get more points in a plane that is far superior just my 2 cents.

or even half points for jet jockeys vs. biplanes. The whole concept of the planes mixed like they are is ridiculous (to me at least)

3 players logged on, 2 of them flying ww2 = I'm done with df for the day. What else can I occupy my time with?

I think I understand why the folks flying the ww2 planes don't engage and just loop around, impossible to hit, on their way to the target. Didn't I read the ww2 planes have difficulty hitting the ww1 planes head to head?

Seems like another argument for splitting the 2 eras to me.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Cypher7{WP}

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds