Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Impossible result 6 years 4 months ago #368331

• Gannet
  • Gannet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4450
I don't know the answer to Sir Wumps question, but it raises an interesting one of my own.
If you fire your bullets nearly vertically up, presumably they follow a parabolic trajectory, and eventually come down like rain.
Do they score on any thing they hit?
Or do bullets have a maximum lifetime, and may not even reach the ground?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Impossible result 6 years 4 months ago #368347

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

Sir Wumper wrote: I have asked this question before, but no one has ever given me a good answer.

I took off from airbase. A camper followed me. I circled around and got behind his plane. I was behind him. I was not shooting, because I could not get a shot at him. He was circling. He was firing, but at nothing. I was the only plane in the game.

All of a sudden, I was shot down by him. How is that possible. It happens all the time. I can only assume that Zup’s program can’t determine who shot the shots. That lag raises it ugly head. I fly into lag, which somehow contains the bullets fired by the
plane in front of me.

Even if I was firing at him, my shots wouldn’t kill me. Bullets are faster that a plane flying at 176 MPH. But if lag causes bullets to stand still, that’s the answer.

REZ or Blue Fighter, you are two old times players that know me and who I respect, what’s the answer?

Thanks

When I was having huge lag and performance issues back when I first started DF1. I let Blue Fighter access my system to search out problems that might have been inhibiting my game performance. With PC laptop there is a hurricane of possible culprits. What game rendering drive you use. GPU, CPU usage. Available Ram, Windows Processes. Corrupt registry, Back ground Apps. Programs running in your background, Wifi channel that you use.Game resolution(display settings). Do you apply disk clean upon system start up? Defrag system? Clear cache and cookies? There are so many possible culprits that could be handicapping your perceived game experience. Its also viable and worth a try to use online help from Microsoft if thats what your system is. They usually help for free and can help with system tweaks. The game has its issues for sure. But the way you describe your issues. I think the root cause is with your set up. This is in no way me trying to trash your question or your device . I have been there. You need to start trying to narrow down the causes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds