Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365714

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857

Doggy Dix wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

Doggy Dix wrote:

darraxx wrote:

Doggy Dix wrote:

darraxx wrote:

Doggy Dix wrote:

[*M]VonHuLK wrote: great·ness
ˈɡrātnəs/Submit
noun
the quality of being great, distinguished, or eminent.

Lower division?
You can't even mention your name in the same sentence as mine...2 different levels of "greatness".

Yep lower division... you are df 1 player im Elite

You are yesterdays news im still on the frontpages...lmao

Yes who can camp and spawnkill at your great lvl .

Haha...you forgot that i dropping too...

And i really love to drop eggs right in your head, wish i could see you face when it goes boooom and bring your plane back to the take of. lmfao

Never bothered me not ever not once .you see ive been playing a long time .people with your skills dont bother me.
The way i see things people like you keep noobs from becoming part of this game for your own personal goals in the game .
And if i rember correctly once someone gets over your base and gives some back you leave the game .

You are as funny as you always been... you know that?

You cant reach my feelings with lies :) ... it just tell me you are as butthurted you was when i pinned your sour ass in df 1... always accused me for dropping... now when i do it in your head you stop mention it thats really a sign that someone is, have been, coming to be, very butthurted when trying to talk over the head on an real Ace... :)

Btw nice that you try to get some better standard on your preformance in elite... hope soon i can pin your ass in ww2 as well... dont be afraid yrw to join up with the real dogfighters anytime but on the other hand i have to go easy on you so i dont scare you away back pinning lowranks in ww1...

Ya know what Dix , I pity you , i really do ....so very sad.. to be so delusional...do you have such a sad life that you have to result to insults and derision....I really do feel so very sorry for you. Hope you do manage to find a life outside of DF , there,s a whole world out there just waiting for you. May your God take pity on you .

Haha here come one more... is that the streght of mishits when someone feels butthurted sending a new guy to take the spank ??? ... You really are a boring bunch not just me thinking so... way to serious,thats make it boring in the longrun, bet that the main reason players left your squad... so i leave you to cry as much you want on forum...

Final word is ...Cry on... you dont gonna get back old dogfight 1 anyway.. it buried long ago by zup... realize that once for all... lol

Sorry Dix but I can't understand what you are trying to say , I learnt a bit of French , German and Spanish at school but never did learn to speak Idiot.
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365715

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 463
Attachments:

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365716

• darraxx
  • darraxx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Sorry bingo .but i want to rage about the dieing of the game .
Im capable of seeing a bigger picture other than myself
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365717

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
the thugz have taken over and run the game now
Zup cannot help you

Last edit: by Cricket.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365719

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

darraxx wrote: Sorry bingo .but i want to rage about the dieing of the game .

You obviously do not understand software development cycles and the various technologies required to produce, maintain and update software.
Dogfight version one has been deprecated by a game called Dogfight Elite. It was released with features requested by the community.
This is the way it is. Please find a way to adapt and play the game. Post such as these will not bring the old game back. Rage on!

If you find yourself having issues with the game, take a chill pill before playing. Share them amongst your squad mates so those of us who still play the game can enjoy it.

Thanks

Last edit: by Bingo.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365720

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cricket wrote: the thugz have taken over and run the game now
Zup cannot help you

Hey Cricket,

Good to see you. How have you been?
It has been some time since we have seen you in the skies of Dogfight Elite.

“We are like roses that have never bothered to bloom
when we should have bloomed and it is as if the sun
has become disgusted with waiting”
― Charles Bukowski

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365721

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Sorry Dog's and Gizmo It's obvious what some of your own squad members think of you and the members of the misfits, you leaving a thank you on mine and other's post tells me that you agree with what most of us are talking about, or as dix says crying and complaining. No just an opinion is all no complaints.
Did I not say df elite is a good game? Yep sure did did I not say now we have bullet drop and that's fine? Yep said that also.
Seems as though some like to play with themselves :whistle: in game's that is, if I had a dollar for every time I read wth is with all the empty game's in wc and here I could retire. These so called complaints or crying also comes from members of your own squad.
So get it through that thick skull of yours you're insulting the people you call friend's and squad mates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, [*M] Pagan, [*M]Comet

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365722

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

[*M] Pagan wrote:

Viper10{WP} wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

ZebraUp wrote: I don't think the bullet drop is a factor.. just saying.. and our not being privy to the #'s, for all we know the game is doing great lol! Could have more active paying pilots than ever before?!? Or not.. the point is we just don't know..

Sorry Zeb but gotta disagree , since the introduction of the drop a lot of the skill has gone , it's just spray and pray now , if you cannot see how far away the enemy is how can you compensate for the drop. DF1 was a far more enjoyable game ,Zup has done what he thought was the right way to make the game better but the game is no longer as much fun as it was.

Pagan I have to respectfully disagree. It requires a great deal of skill to calculate the bullet drop on a target that isn't moving directly at you, and is much harder than it was previously. I cannot speak for your fun, that is up to each person individually, but in my case "fun" equates to full games with good players. I'd rather lose a hard fought game and have way more deaths than kills than get only empty games or games chock full of new folks who think its a good idea to tank at their own base or some other tactical folly that doesn't contribute to the mission. Continuously empty games are boring and I suspect folks quickly lose interest in boring games. Bottom line is we both agree it isn't as much fun nowadays, but for different reasons.

I would totally agree with all that you have said if you changed the word "skill" for " luck". It's the inconsistency of the drop that does away with the skill. Maybe we should ask why so many of the games are empty , could it be because so many people have left since the drop was introduced ? That and the crazy scoring system that Zup introduced , I can understand why he did it but it ain't achieving what he set out to do so why not go back to the way it was.

I have a compromise. How about instead of "skill" or "luck", we plug in the word "patience". It takes a great deal of patience to correctly calculate the bullet drop.... Fits? Yes? :)

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Cypher7{WP}

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365725

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
i dont like the bullet drop when elite first started i found it great but as the game has progressed with add ons and updates trees new missions .i think the lag x the bullet drop make it very inconsistent if one guy in the game is lagging or i am lagging (whichever) it makes for different impact points in the air ..zup introduced bullet drop and many people say its in line with many other flight sim games out there (so what i don't play those games ) i played this game after lil bought me a tablet i downloaded dozens of games on my new shiny tablet this was the only game me a non gamer enjoyed .i never played much for the first six months i kept getting shot down but people like MEAN/MADRABBIT/TT encouraged me with great banter and encouragement.it isnt just the game we play its the community here i love even tho we all disagree we all love zups game even tho it aint perfect

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Sorry Dog's and Gizmo It's obvious what some of your own squad members think of you and the members of the misfits, you leaving a thank you on mine and other's post tells me that you agree with what most of us are talking about, or as dix says crying and complaining. No just an opinion is all no complaints.
Did I not say df elite is a good game? Yep sure did did I not say now we have bullet drop and that's fine? Yep said that also.
Seems as though some like to play with themselves :whistle: in game's that is, if I had a dollar for every time I read wth is with all the empty game's in wc and here I could retire. These so called complaints or crying also comes from members of your own squad.
So get it through that thick skull of yours you're insulting the people you call friend's and squad mates.

Last edit: by dognamitt.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365727

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
;-)

ALL IN 100%

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365728

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
I would like to apologize for stirring up the pot. I forgot how this forum works (it's been awhile). Please go back to your normal operating procedures. My bad...

ALL IN 100%

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365729

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M]VonHuLK wrote: I would like to apologize for stirring up the pot. I forgot how this forum works (it's been awhile). Please go back to your normal operating procedures. My bad...

Thank You, Apology accepted.
I'm sorry too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365732

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939

[*M]Comet wrote:

Best post ever lmao. True Canuck Brother Comet AKA Ray Charles AKA Uncle Buck
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]Comet, Viper10{WP}

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365733

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes there was some real Titans in Df1. To say there isnt any in Dfelite and that everyone is for the most part equal in skill is not accurate in my view. I believe the game has top Pilots that out fly most of us. Yes bullet drop may not be consistent. Yes lag is present. But there is many improvements. The speed of which it takes to fly across map is greatly reduced. Game platforms are for the most part equal in performance. Or better then before. I think its just a case of us all being on a different view of how the game should be played

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365752

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Viper10{WP} wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

Viper10{WP} wrote:

[*M] Pagan wrote:

ZebraUp wrote: I don't think the bullet drop is a factor.. just saying.. and our not being privy to the #'s, for all we know the game is doing great lol! Could have more active paying pilots than ever before?!? Or not.. the point is we just don't know..

Sorry Zeb but gotta disagree , since the introduction of the drop a lot of the skill has gone , it's just spray and pray now , if you cannot see how far away the enemy is how can you compensate for the drop. DF1 was a far more enjoyable game ,Zup has done what he thought was the right way to make the game better but the game is no longer as much fun as it was.

Pagan I have to respectfully disagree. It requires a great deal of skill to calculate the bullet drop on a target that isn't moving directly

at you, and is much harder than it was previously. I cannot speak for your fun, that is up to each person individually, but in my case "fun" equates to full games with good players. I'd rather lose a hard fought game and have way more deaths than kills than get only empty games or games chock full of new folks who think its a good idea to tank at their own base or some other tactical folly that doesn't contribute to the mission. Continuously empty games are boring and I suspect folks quickly lose interest in boring games. Bottom line is we both agree it isn't as much fun nowadays, but for different reasons.

I would totally agree with all that you have said if you changed the word "skill" for " luck". It's the inconsistency of the drop that does away with the skill. Maybe we should ask why so many of the games are empty , could it be because so many people have left since the drop was introduced ? That and the crazy scoring system that Zup introduced , I can understand why he did it but it ain't achieving what he set out to do so why not go back to the way it was.

I have a compromise. How about instead of "skill" or "luck", we plug in the word "patience". It takes a great deal of patience to correctly calculate the bullet drop.... Fits? Yes? :)

Ok I will accept "patience" my friend , only problem with that is most noobs will not have the patience to stick with the game and learn to love it as we have. At least with the laser type bullets people have a chance to get a kill and will hang around longer. It would be interesting to know how many played DF1 ,at its peak, as against those who play elite . Stats don't lie.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365757

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I'd say more players have been lost due to lag and disparity between devices than to any other factor. To me, if there was ever a "golden age" of DF it was when the game was only available to mobile devices. Most players were on an even footing, no one seemed to have much of an advantage over anyone else. When PCs joined in there were huge discrepancies, they have been adjusted here and there along the way but that was the first time there was something that trumped skill in game. Still at the time the game remained busy and popular because Zup was heavily promoting the game. Remember the offer of a free D8 for anyone who could sign in enough friends? This was the time of the fastest growth for the game, when GI, Wolf Pack, Lafayette, TFL, and many smaller squads sprung up. Lots of them (not all) were PC players. Do you really think promotions don't play into the game popularity?

Lots of people loved the D8 but pehraps just as many hated it. It gave a huge advantage to the German side and it got hard to find games that had a fair number of players willing to fly Allied. For Kindle Fire it was worse because the updates were something like 6-8 weeks behind. Others were able to play with the (small hit zone) D8s but you couldn't get it for Amazon devices. Even without the device disparity the D8 had such an advantage that Zup ended up pulling it.

In Elite, Zup had to keep adjusting the control sensitivities. Sometimes the PC was untouchable, sometimes the IPad was the top dog... When the PCs got nerfed and were easy prey to tilt devices that's when a lot of DF1 PC players didn't make the switch to Elite.

The bullet drop was not the only factor that made shooting more difficult, at the same time Zup also made it so planes were not just a solid block of hit zone. Now you actually have to hit the plane not just the general area, bullets can go between wings etc. It gives head on shooters a much bigger challenge that players find very frustrating. I believe the problem with aiming is mostly due to lag. With lazar shooting there is less info for the servers to have to process and anticipate before the signals are far transmitted all around the world between different devices. Even now there are some games with very little lag where the shooting is much more predictable, then a new player can enter and everything goes to crap.

If Zup put out a new add campaign there would be a big influx of new players because advertising works, whether or not they stay is a whole different matter. I have not seen a single post on this thread (or any other) where anyone considers what the economic and management impacts are of having a whole bunch of old-school high-ranking players vs. having a steady stream of noobs... what is more time/cost-effective: having lots of players and paying for lots of premium servers, or scaling down and having less game income but lower overhead expenses? Don't worry, you don't need to think about it, but I can guarantee that Zuperman weighs every decision with the bottom line $$$ and with consideration of how much time and energy he has to put into managing the game, including upgrading his hobby to get closer to his vision of what he thinks DFE should eventually become.

If you want to wax poetic about the good-old days, pick a date, pick an update when you think everything was perfect. Lol. There has always been someone complaining about the changes.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365762

• darraxx
  • darraxx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

Bingo wrote:

darraxx wrote: Sorry bingo .but i want to rage about the dieing of the game .

You obviously do not understand software development cycles and the various technologies required to produce, maintain and update software.
Dogfight version one has been deprecated by a game called Dogfight Elite. It was released with features requested by the community.
This is the way it is. Please find a way to adapt and play the game. Post such as these will not bring the old game back. Rage on!

If you find yourself having issues with the game, take a chill pill before playing. Share them amongst your squad mates so those of us who still play the game can enjoy it.

Thanks

Ok i dont want zup to re write df 1. Im pretty sure he can lose the bullet drop .not only does the drop vary widely in games its still more of a spray and pray type shooting .yes i can aim just ask around i dont really find it difficult or all that much fun to do.straight shooting made me concentrate on what i had to do .do you think it was easy to aim a 5×3. Inch screen flying on tilt control..trying to shoot at some half pixel .and i think it actually compensated for some of the lag.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365763

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Oh yeah, as far as the complaints of people "losing their rank that they worked so hard for"....déjà vu

From +6 years ago. :s

zuperman wrote: Hi there

I've getting a lot of complains about the ranks. I think the issue is that most people feel they were "demoted" when in reality is an adjustment but everybody is at the same level it was.

Currently there were 14 ranks and I wanted to push it to 30. The problem with this is that unless they are changed to numbers, by name it's not easy. You can't have Royal Air Force Mini, Super and Mega Hyper names.

If it was by numbers it would be easier to express but since there has been an outrage and it's very hard to explain, I'll put back the old names and add I, II, III to each rank to represent the levels separately.

I still it's not fair for new comers since whoever was level "Wing Commander" before it only needed to pass 5 levels and now it may need to pass 10, but I guess I can't keep everyone happy.

If you don't want things to change stop playing now. The one constant in DF (and life) is change.

"...but I guess I can't keep everyone happy." - Joaquin Grech ( Zuperman)
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: onekill, Cypher7{WP}

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365791

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
Beep...beep...beep

Yawns, rubs eyes, looks at time capsule alarm. Has to try password half a dozen times to get lock release. Depressurizes. Sticks head out the capsule like Punxsutawney Phil to see if the invisible planes, lag, cumbersome slow planes and device disparity is gone. Reads a few posts that confirm the radiation is still a threat. Remembers when DF was the most fun thing ever, and players lost jobs and significant others due to massive addiction of endorphin release from hammering away at legions of friends and foes. Funniest group ever, worst platform. Takes a moment to polish and grease lock and barrel, runs a wet patch down the rifling, and combs Rip Van Winkle length beard. Two years to get within a level of top rank at that other WWI game, but still not as fun with prepackaged chat messages, empty forum. No real connections.

Sighs, checks radiac meter once more, sets time capsule lock for one year. Hugs the trusty Longrifle, still smells of burnt powder and memories. Takes a long pull on the brown jug and it starts to go black again...dreams of spinning and twirling like a hawk in the sky.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Mongo, ZebraUp, Thulsa Doom, [*M] Pagan, DireWolf{WP****}, SCAMPERS REVENGE, dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}

Last edit: by Longrifle.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365823

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
There is many great points discussed hear. Complaints, suggestions, blame, retrospection, advice, and longing for the return of old times.
Admittedly the game does not fit everyone. Has consistency issues, is hard to master, and has different performance via internet and platform choice.

That said. I still find amazing match ups almost every time I play. I know my skill level is not any where near most players here. And maybe I find games exciting where some think they blow. But in most cases after a big battle all parties agree that they just played the best game they have had in weeks or months.

Its attitude, its expectations, its fun?

All the above.
We are still here, We still be searching for the epic royal.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, dognamitt, airwolff

Last edit: by Cypher7{WP}.

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365827

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
Hola juaquin espero q tu y todos en tu familia esten bien. I have no power and low batt. So will try to go straigth to the point. First hola to all the old players thay clearly arr still interested in the game. Now to the point. Zuperman could you consider make a modification to the ww2 game play and bring back the lazer shooting and keep the bullet drop only on ww1? Is this posible? This will sound to capitalist to some but hey its worth something. Ww2 lacks players if we give the old timers what they want with the lazer bullets we will get more players to go to ww2. The old timers will be interested on coming back to play and to be competitive they will be force to buy or invest on the top planes. This will generate $ and maybe get u some of your core subscribers back. Ww2 planes are faster and their machine guns stronger so maybe the bullets should not drop on that era. Maybe u can make the lazer bullet range shorer to compensate. I do belive you should explore or experiment with this sugestion. Would you consider it? Can it be done? Plese let the players that are interested know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onekill, airwolff

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365833

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Cypher7{WP} wrote: There is many great points discussed hear. Complaints, suggestions, blame, retrospection, advice, and longing for the return of old times.
Admittedly the game does not fit everyone. Has consistency issues, is hard to master, and has different performance via internet and platform choice.

That said. I still find amazing match ups almost every time I play. I know my skill level is not any where near most players here. And maybe I find games exciting where some think they blow. But in most cases after a big battle all parties agree that they just played the best game they have had in weeks or months.

All the above.

Ill have an epic royal with cheese (think Pulp Fiction)

:)

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Cypher7{WP}

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365843

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cypher7{WP} wrote: There is many great points discussed hear. Complaints, suggestions, blame, retrospection, advice, and longing for the return of old times.

All the above.

No consistency problems here my friend.....have played quite a few games recently and have had 18 head to head crashes ( don't get me started on bullet drop lol) ...guess how many times I died but the other pilot survived? ......yep 18 now that's consistent!! ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, Cypher7{WP}, [M]LtDan nhouse

How many more zup???? 6 years 7 months ago #365880

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good point. I usually survive a crash. Though I try not to get in them. I wonder if that is a PC advantage. I apologize if I have crashed you in game. I truly do not try to do it. But I do try to stay in a head to head as long as possible
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, airwolff

How many more zup???? 6 years 6 months ago #366099

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Hello all, I decided I would pop in and say hi.

I see you still have the usual dix heads spouting off lol.

Yeah I offered HULK a place to stay during the hurricane, I was going to charge him only100 a night, $5 for bottled water. Sheets and blankets are extra.

Yeah I sure miss this game. I can still remember the 6 searvers and the fun we had. If you had the time and energy you master the game. I remember my epic 6 hour game with 475 kills. I still remember VON, MAX, RODAMA, ZEBRA the best in carrier games, TR, WALLEYE, WIG, COMMET, TBUILT, FOUST, THE RABBIT, and gee so many others I can't name every one.

I would come back in a heartbeat if it went back to that. Exactly like it was in the beginning. I may not be able to play as good but at Least I could play. This no format just doesn't have any attraction to me whereas the old game was so addictive that all you had to do was to spawn into the game for the first time and BOOM you were hooked.

My first game put me in with WIG, DENTINHEAD, PARROTHEAD just to name a few of the legends that made this game survive.

OMG what fun we had in those days and traveling accross the country meeting all you folks. It was great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, Gizmo., Mongo, [*M] Pagan, Acegirl, [*M]Comet, dognamitt

How many more zup???? 6 years 6 months ago #366105

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Hola

How many more zup???? 6 years 6 months ago #366107

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member