Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362474

• [NLR] Doonesbury
  • [NLR] Doonesbury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 111
I have not joined a squadron when recruited because I am unsure as to the purpose of the squadron arrangement. Why do you join a squad, what benefits?
I honor the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his grave...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362475

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
you can go in squad chat and no one else can see what you say in it until someone invites you by accident .

Doonesbury wrote: I have not joined a squadron when recruited because I am unsure as to the purpose of the squadron arrangement. Why do you join a squad, what benefits?

Last edit: by dognamitt.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362477

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Go through the squad first page .there you will find the rules for each squad .if you like the rules of that squad then ask .it can become a brother or sister hood .
My suggestion is find people with your style of game .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, [B]oeing_747, DireWolf{WP}

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362478

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 463
Join Thugz,
Good roolz
Free leather jackets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362480

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
...also,

Points (coins) are collected in the squad vault. Whenever a squad member earns points in game or when they buy coins for upgrading planes, an equal amount goes into their squad's vault. Each member can collect an even share of accumulated coins. As a member of the NLR I have collected over 100,000 coins in the last week just by checking the vault. (Thanks guys!)

An active squad can be a big help for upgrading planes, especially to its lower rank members. Keep in mind that the vault points are shared among all squad members so a large squad with many inactive members will divide their points among many players. If a squad member does not collect their points within a week, they will "expire" and disappear. So a small but active squad can be just as good for earning points as a large but less active squad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Viper10{WP}, [NLR]Mysterio, airwolff, Cush62, DireWolf{WP}, [NLR] Doonesbury

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362482

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In all of us lies a wolf..waiting.
  • Thank you received: 2604
Great point, McFate.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362484

• [NLR]Mysterio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the less you reveal, the more people can wonder
  • Thank you received: 1003
Also the most squads have a Chanel like discord, Whatsapp,... So there you can ask your squadmades for help, ask Them to join a game with you, talking about stuff,...
Each squad have there adventage also, some squad are very active on forum, so if you like to writer/read squadstuff you can join Them and have fun with them. As NLR we got f.e as adventage that BlueFighter mention achievement from members, it helps to been keep motivate to play, also i make stats from each member of squad to see evolution of your playing.
You Just have to know that each squad is very different from another so best option is to Read some squadpages on forum and join the squad you like most (you can tell a lot from a squad by there posts)

Mysterio
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, R E Z, Viper10{WP}, bici tommaso, Cypher7{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by [NLR]Mysterio.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362487

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012
Vault coin does not expire after one week it stays in the vault.

Last edit: by [*M]TBUILT.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362490

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Vault coin does not expire after one week it stays in the vault.

Vault coin does expire. If you are gone and do not check the vault for 5 weeks, there will still be coin in it when you return but there will only be the last week's worth available to you. Lol. Imagine if it didn't expire.... A squad member who was gone for a year could log in and collect millions.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362491

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
All great stuff why to join a squad! Flying solo is always an option--however it limits access to knowledge from long term members who know the flying skills and can offer support.

For me, a big plus is the interaction in games with my own squad members and posting highlights on our thread.

All squads have, what I consider, a personality. Stick around and see which one fits your own personality! :)

Wish you luck and welcome to the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Cypher7{WP}

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362493

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[NLR] McFate wrote:

[*M]TBUILT wrote: Vault coin does not expire after one week it stays in the vault.

Vault coin does expire. If you are gone and do not check the vault for 5 weeks, there will still be coin in it when you return but there will only be the last week's worth available to you. Lol. Imagine if it didn't expire.... A squad member who was gone for a year could log in and collect millions.

First post says a week now it's 5 week's could be after 5 week's never waited that long before, one way to find out for sure is for me to check my brother's account and see what's available he hasn't played elite at all.
Will let you know. ;)

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362515

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
From zup's post in the announcement section +9 months ago.

"Squadron Wars and Vault"

zuperman wrote:
3) The Vault points expire. Once a week it will be reset and if a person didn't claim them... they will be lost. Why? Simple, this is to encourage squadron members to play more often and don't go missing for long periods of times.

The way this reads it sounds like the vault points will be be set to zero once a week, but this is not quite accurate. It would be more accurate to say that unclaimed points expire after 7 days.

So, a squad member who has not logged in for 6 months, another who has been gone for 5 weeks and another who last logged in 7 days ago will all have the same amount of coins (the last 7 days worth) waiting for them snug and safe in the vault. Any vault coins earned more than 7 days ago (but not claimed) expire. Once you claim your points from the vault they become yours, you can spend them on planes and upgrades or hold them but they will not expire.

Also, from

"Dogfight Elite 1.0.71 is out!"

zuperman wrote:
- If you belong to a squadron, with every purchase of points you also give a free vault donation to your squad members.
- Subscribers now have more benefits: You get more points with each purchase.

It's a pretty cool way that you can actually gift your squad mates. I don't know for certain but I think that the "free vault donation"s expire after a week also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] Doonesbury

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362519

• [TFL] alwaystrouble
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Stay positive
  • Thank you received: 257
Couple of times in the past I was gone 2 or 3 weeks and when I ca,e back the vault money was all there waiting for me. A large amount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: airwolff

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362522

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Is it that had to believe that a game with so many bugs that that portion of the game works perfectly? Lol come on I've waited longer than a week 3 to 4 several times.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362531

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol, tune in next week when I explain the mechanisms used by the Federal Reserve to promote job growth and how it effects different sectors of the US economy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] Doonesbury

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362552

• [NLR] Doonesbury
  • [NLR] Doonesbury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 111
good info, it appears the better squads want to invite you(?), so do you wait, or wander into one and apply?
I honor the fallen enemy by placing a stone on his grave...

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362553

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Doonesbury,

Some are by invite, but if interested you could always just ask.

Cheers!
DireWolf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362555

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
Hello Doon. I am Wolf Packs recruitment Officer. Here at WP we do things a little different as far as are recruiting is concerned. In most cases a Higher Ranked Pack member will give a invite during a match or in chat. Then we can start a dialogue on what you need to do to successfully become a member. We ask are new recruits to visit our squad page on forum. There they can introduce themselves and give a little insight into their gaming style and personality. We also require all recruits to go through a probationary period. Currently we have one proby in training Xman234(WP-p). If you are interested in WP please post to our thread, This is a official invite. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP}, [NLR] Doonesbury

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362568

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142

they should disappear because that's how it was announced. I've just felt a little generous to allow them to not expire for a while but I will enable this as soon as I fix other important things.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362574

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

zuperman wrote:

they should disappear because that's how it was announced. I've just felt a little generous to allow them to not expire for a while but I will enable this as soon as I fix other important things.

But its the one glitch everyone actually likes ..:whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M] Pagan

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362677

• New York Jet$ fan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • As you can tell, I am a fan of the New York Jets.
  • Thank you received: 39
I think as far as I'm concerned the main reason to join a squad is to make some friends. There's tons of squads to choose from so you're bound to make some friends eventually if you so choose to become a member of one.

This is the first time I've heard about what McFate discussed. McFate does all of that happen in-game? Can any member do that? I've "technically" been part of a squadron for the past 5 years but it looks like they've been very, very quiet for quite a few months, and if I don't hear anything from them soon I may start searching for a new place to join.
J-E-T-S JETS!!!! JETS!!!! JETS!!!!

Last edit: by New York Jet$ fan.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362678

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I believe that Enigma was the original "first" squadron.. I once in a while see someone sporting the squadron tag in the skies of Dogfight but it's rare.. much like Davy's UFO sightings..

The best things about being in a squadron is the camaraderie.. having people to fly with that you know will watch your back (a.k.a. your "six") as well as being people you can joke around with as well as achieving goals with.. but the most important thing is for y'all to be able to have FUN together! After all, this IS just a game.. and if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! :woohoo:

The best thing for a new pilot to do is notice those pilots he or she has fun with or respects and see what squadrons they're in.. then checkout the various squadron's first posts on page 1 of their squadron thread on the forum..

As for you Jets fan.. I hope you decide to try and rekindle the greatness and originality that used to be enigma by bringing it back to life.. tough job though and I don't know if you can get the squadron rank needed to allow you to recruit and accept new members...
The following user(s) said Thank You: New York Jet$ fan, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP}

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362680

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sir Zebra,

Well said. I remember Enigma and they were great players who were very respectful to all. I didn't know they were one of the original first squadrons.

NY Jet, if you can, try and bring them back to honor that memory. I know Viper started a new Wolf Pack page when Digger (our original MORAF and founder) retired. Zuperman helped him out.

Would be nice to see a great squad like Enigma back in the air!
The following user(s) said Thank You: New York Jet$ fan, ZebraUp

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362681

• New York Jet$ fan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
On my old phone which still has the original Dogfight app (not the Elite version) I'm a higher rank (because I played a lot then). I believe my name on that version of the app also has the "[e]" in front of it, unlike my name currently (I think I'm too low of a rank for that yet?, per the game). Can't quite remember correctly but I may have sported the "[e]" on the forum too, but now it's not there so idk what to say regarding that. I wouldn't consider myself as an avid member all those years ago. I think I just joined for the hell of it. But things are different now.

As far as the squadron is concerned, I just checked their list of threads and the last responses on all of them were made either many months or in some cases over a year ago. It looks to me, as much as I hate to say it, like the squadron is dead :(. I did post a few days ago on their official thread, but nobody has responded :dry:. Make of this what you will, guys. I could take up your offers and post something to try and rally the squad back to life, but I don't know where the appropriate place to do that would be.....or if anyone would even respond.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362703

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey NYJF,

All of that vault stuff happens automatically once you're part of a squad. As for enigma, "hammer tool" is the enigma game MORAF. He last checked in 30 days ago. If you search "Enigma" in the in-game squadron tab you can see the squad roster with the "last seen" listings of each player. It looks like a few have been around in the last month.

Slender man (enigma founder) has shown up a few times after someone has posted to some of his original threads. He must have maintained a subscription to those threads.

"Serene knowledge" - Slendy's nightmarish random fiction (hopefully fiction) thread.
"Knives" - Slendy's non-fiction somewhat nightmarish sharp-things thread.
(....or maybe we just say his name three times?)

If you post on one of those he may answer and be available to ask zuperman to hand you over some "keys" to the squad. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: New York Jet$ fan, ZebraUp, Viper10{WP}

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362734

• New York Jet$ fan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I'll look around. What do you suppose I say? Am I asking for the privilege to recruit, among other things? Just a little unclear on how to go about bringing the squadron back.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362759

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey NY Jet,

Just a suggestion, post from the Enigma Squad Forum page and see if some of the other members reply. As McFate said Hammer Tool and others might write back to get the group up and going again. Just say what you feel...something like 'enjoyed this squad and it was one of the originals of DF."

Heck I remember flying with you guys and you were a great squad! Being one of the original squads of DF makes you unique and would be nice to see it rebuilt.

And you have the support of some other fine MORAFS.....McFate, Zebra and Viper.

Cheers bro!
The following user(s) said Thank You: New York Jet$ fan, ZebraUp

Last edit: by DireWolf{WP}.

why join a squadron? 6 years 10 months ago #362765

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

New York Jet$ fan wrote: I'll look around. What do you suppose I say? Am I asking for the privilege to recruit, among other things? Just a little unclear on how to go about bringing the squadron back.

You will probably need to ask to be lifted to moraf of enigma, based on inactivity by its current moraf, with the intention of recruiting and rebuilding. Hey, it cannot hurt to ask, right?

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: New York Jet$ fan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.716 seconds