Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359066

• Tjs
  • Tjs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 25
Wouldn't normally make these kinds of posts, but one of my friends is a metropolitan police officer (thankfully, not for this area of the city) and is also a Muslim, so today's events got me thinking even more than usual. I'm sure many of you may have heard by now that there was a terrorist attack committed in the UK capital this afternoon that has so far left 5 people dead and a considerable number injured. The area that was attacked is popular with tourists (as it's around what is undoubtably the UK's most iconic building) and it appears that a group of French schoolchildren on a visit were caught up in the attack.

The assailant used a car to attack civilians, and then tried to enter Westminster Palace (the building that houses Big Ben) where he was stopped by an unarmed police officer who bravely tried to prevent him entering the building. Sadly, that officer was killed and the assailant was then gunned down by other armed officers on the site.

Such a shame really. Those people were just going about their everyday business, and now they are gone thanks to some fruitcake.

My condolences to the families and the victims.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, ZebraUp, Acegirl, SCAMPERS REVENGE

Please Log in to join the conversation.

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359067

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
They are not fruitcakes, call them what they are RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS

they need to be hunted down and killed. Until then no one is safe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Sharp Shooter, V.Huntress War, dognamitt, Raz

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359072

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
if you use your car to mow down people in the polices eyes you used the car as a weapon ,any person who uses a weapon on civilians are in my eyes cowards.they call it a war against infidels but really its just a excuse to commit murder . a real war or battle you declare war and fight these people just are back stabbing cowardly excuses for men

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359078

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
Really very sad when one human being kills another. Weak minded people are recruited to carry out such cowardly act. They are limited in numbers and frustrated as they are not getting the support to make the community divided and hate each other. The more hate they can spread the more recruits they will get to carry out such insane acts. Let’s be united and protect the good people around you as neighbors/friends irrespective of caste/color/creed.

My condolence and prayers for those who lost their loved ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tjs

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359083

• Tjs
I wouldn't necessarily call them that. I'd still call them fruitcakes. These people are not Islamic, just as any Christian who commits similar acts (as does happen in some places) is not Christian, or those "Buddhists" in Sri Lanka. These people don't get the urge to kill from their religious beliefs, they use religion (and any religion at that) to satisfy their need to hurt others. They're fruitcakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359093

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well you are correct, it is sad but you need to properly identify the enemy here

You don't see Christians strapping on bombs and blowing people up or mowing people down with cars. However you do see RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS doing these things.

Thank GOD we now have a president who will identify them for what they are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359096

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359098

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)

i watched this video and i'm completely agree with Paul.

★★★★

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359106

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
We all know that not all Muslims are terrorists , but it seems to me that most terrorists are Muslim. ..just sayin...
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, V.Huntress War, dognamitt

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359107

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good discussion guys. Everyone has good points. We all have different views and I for one honor that.

I believe It's only the radicalized Muslims that is creating the problem and the hatred. Mostly the Isis movement.

We need to kill them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, dognamitt

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359108

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)

Well said

★★★★

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359116

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
The Mayor of London has made a fair statement
Attachments:

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359118

• [M] Johnny Kent
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Yes , ive always been a bit of a Kent !
  • Thank you received: 1165

Certainly a sad state of affairs ! Yet another pointless terrorist attack taking Good people from their families !
So ok they might not be "fruitcakes" but for me definitey unhinged , i mean what made that twat think hed get into one of the most protected buildings in the uk with a couple of knifes ? Now im no expert but on most of these situations (lone wolf attacks ) they turn out to be anything but muslims , previous convictions theyve done time and or drug/alcohol abuse . Certainly nothing the koran would condone ! But there in lies the problem , they are brain washed into thinking that carrying out attacks against the" infidels " will wipe their slate clean and 99 virgins bla bla bla . I still cant get my head around the fact that if someone tried that narrative with me my first question would be well if you feel that strongly about it why dont you go do it ??

Cc , now im not a fan of sadiq khan but that quote has im pretty sure been taken out of context it was from an earlier interview but as the first muslim mayor of london its time he put pressure on the imam's to call out these pricks .........time to call a spade a spade me thinks , Regards Johhnie
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, dognamitt

Last edit: by [M] Johnny Kent. Reason: Cant spell !

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359132

• Tjs

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote: Well you are correct, it is sad but you need to properly identify the enemy here

You don't see Christians strapping on bombs and blowing people up or mowing people down with cars. However you do see RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS doing these things.

Thank GOD we now have a president who will identify them for what they are.

Coming from the UK I couldn't disagree more. We've not long finished a war over Ireland, and whilst the last Muslim to commit a terror attack in the UK was 4 years ago, the last Christian to commit a terrorist attack here (that was reported) that I can think of was last year.

Also, that "quote" from Sadiq Khan came just after the Boston Bombing. This is what he actually said:

"Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job."

And whilst I don't tend to agree with him, he does have a point. Terrorist attacks unfortunately do happen. You're far more likely to be involved in one in a big city than you would be if you were in the countryside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, dognamitt

Last edit: by Tjs.

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359135

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

I have no compassion for a terrorist. I don't believe that ISIS is a Muslim organization. ISIS is about POWER. Al Baghdadi is using Islam to try and legitimize his power grab. It is easy to say that most terrorists are Muslim, but it is not really true. The IRA was not Muslim. Muslim's were the victims of ethnic cleansing in Bosnia. The Lord's Resistance Army is not Muslim. Muslim's are the victims of Buddhist extremists in Myanmar. A terrorist can be any race, ethnicity, creed, or religion. Dylan Roof is a terrorist. Timothy McVeigh is a terrorist. The KKK is a terrorist organization. Al Baghdadi is a terrorist, and ISIS is a terrorist organization.

A terrorist is a low down, scum of the earth, filthy piece of shit criminal. They are nothing more or nothing less. They deserve the protection of due process and the rule of law. They deserve to be properly captured (perhaps killed if they resist with force), tried, convicted, and executed if allowed. We must respect the law. A free society is by its nature unsafe. China is very safe, but not so free. I would rather be as free as possible and take my chances that I would be a victim of a terrorist (not even 1% of 1% of he population).

My heart goes out to Keith Palmer, a brother of the thin blue line, and the other victims and their families. I am not going to hate or cower in fear. I am going to live free, enjoy life, and respect my fellow man. I will judge individuals on their merit, not condemn entire populations because of a lunatic fringe.

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, dognamitt, Husky Dog

Last edit: by TXLAWMAN.

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359136

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

You have to be careful of inductive arguments. We actually teach investigators that inductive arguments open you to massive logic errors. The classic inductive reasoning failure would be along the lines of John has blue eyes. John is a man. All men have blue eyes. I know from past exchanges that you are pretty sharp. I also think you are English, so my condolences. Just resist the urge for the over simplification of inductive reasoning. See you in the pixeled sky!

[*M] Pagan wrote: We all know that not all Muslims are terrorists , but it seems to me that most terrorists are Muslim. ..just sayin...

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan

London attacks 7 years 5 days ago #359138

• Tjs
I think part of the problem is the wall-to-wall media coverage these attacks now get. In the UK, there used to be a rule that bombings were to be given minimal coverage. If the IRA bombed Whitehall it would headline the 6 o' clock news. Then they'd move onto a different story and the attack would never be mentioned again.

Now though, we have had nothing but "London attack" for two days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

London attacks 7 years 4 days ago #359154

• Alex Galt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3775
you said it brother :angry: I'm getting quite tired of the news they can only report the bad news it seems like

London attacks 7 years 4 days ago #359156

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
Yes Johnny mate I agree with you and condolences on the stupid act that affected so many lives . I have lived through two terrorist attacks here on my beloved island of Bali and have seen the heartbreak and carnage that they bring . The aftershocks were also devastating not only affecting those that lost loved ones but affecting the entire economy on an island that relies very heavily on tourism . One needs to look further at who really is responsible for these acts . The media for one publicise them so greatly that it encourages these idiots to think this is the best way to hammer their message home . Unfortunatly the Mayor of London is correct . Governments not only religion play a huge roll behind the scenes utilising these people to enhance their own power . RIP to those lost .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [M] Johnny Kent

London attacks 7 years 4 days ago #359229

• [M] Johnny Kent
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Yes , ive always been a bit of a Kent !
  • Thank you received: 1165

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk...ror-Churchillian/amp

As the link says its a BBC political show .....
And This is definitley what we need more of , like i said
A spade being called a spade , bravo that man !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER

London attacks 7 years 3 days ago #359241

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Hmmm..... A lot of emotion flying around here.
I personally think Txlawman has the most rational overview.
There are are many people who could be called "terrorists", it all depends on your point of view.
If you were living in a small village somewhere in the middle east and a missile suddenly appears out of the sky, fired from a drone controlled by someone thousands of miles away, you would call them, cowardly terrorists who haven't got the guts to put their own life on the line.

Seems to me most "terrorist" acts committed on the western world countries are initiated for publicity. As CC-Rider said, the most efficient way to stop that is the press should just stop publishing them out of proportion. We kill far more people per year in alcohol impaired automobile accidents every year, How much publicity does that get? Not likely to change, unfortunately terror sells more newspapers, so its just collateral damage from capitalism.

Of course they are insane. It always amazes me that lawyers try to get people off murder charges by pleading "insanity".
Anyone that wants to murder someone is insane anyway.

And yes, I do know what its like to be on the receiving end . We were living in UK and my 17 year old daughter was riding the underground at the time of the London tube bombings. We were lucky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, TXLAWMAN, D- CC RIDER, dognamitt

Last edit: by Gannet.

London attacks 7 years 23 hours ago #359405

• Tjs

Gannet wrote: And yes, I do know what its like to be on the receiving end . We were living in UK and my 17 year old daughter was riding the underground at the time of the London tube bombings. We were lucky.

My cousin's friend was on the bus. Unfortunately, she never made it :(.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds