Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358365

• dognamitt
  • dognamitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
had a great game tonight with bici/lupo they couldn't get past us so they had to stack the game against us calling on reinforcements though discord. Why do the games need to be this way i remember old games where if you were outnumbered a good decent player will swap to come help you the honor and sportsmanship has gone from the game and if you say a word and they dont like what they hear they call you names
shame on you .i seen these stacked games alot now just for easy points and easy wins zup needs to do something
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by dognamitt.

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358366

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843

Oh no tell me it's not true ......you mean to say that there are people out there stooping so low as to use apps like Palringo , wats app , Zello and other such gaming apps to improve their game fun . Every grinch unite and stop this fun . Next there will be some stooping as low as to place others in a squad in order to gain information from squad chat etc . Where will it end ....when will the bacon run out . The sky is falling .....the sun turned purple ....hang on son what are you really on here . Clearly it's not available legally .

Last edit: by D- CC RIDER.

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358371

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
I know just what you guys mean. Do you know i have seen guys in one squad get in a dogfight mission and just fly around, not playing so that the server is jammed until other players leave and then they go play without any opposition.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, Brother john

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358372

• Bingo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If at First you don't Succeed, Give Up!
  • Thank you received: 463
Flying Circus?

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358374

• WolfRider
  • *"This Too Shall Pass ~ Live For Today"*
  • Thank you received: 80

The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, Brother john

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358376

• Brother john
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 327
ya ive seen the switching teams certain squads love to play with them selfs in ww2 all by them selfs wonder if there blind yet

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358379

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hang onto your hats prophets there is actually some using extra accounts out there trying to stir the pot . Hehehe wouldn't be hard for Zup to check the ip,address would it . OMG heaven forbid .

Last edit: by D- CC RIDER.

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358381

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
Hi all
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brother john, DubIllDog

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358386

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Personally I luv the stacked/mismatched games.. Especially when I am on the outnumbered side!!

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358390

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
me too zebra if youll look at the screen shot me n bici where the real winners lol. seems too many are focused on rank and point accumulation (point farming)than having fun

ZebraUp wrote: Personally I luv the stacked/mismatched games.. Especially when I am on the outnumbered side!!

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358398

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Don't get sucked into guys, everyone has done stuff like this, I can't stand hypocrites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, D- CC RIDER, Brother john, dognamitt

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358400

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358405

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
wow this is a forum to discuss stuff about the game and the way we play .so you don't like what you are hearing so you just go out and start insulting people . sure go ahead some things never change

D- CC RIDER wrote:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DA BLACK MAMBA

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358411

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

D- CC RIDER wrote:

Insulting , no idea what you mean . Ohh you mean stuff like this

There are some out there yes that do insult others .
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358415

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518

Dognamitt wrote: had a great game tonight with bici/lupo they couldn't get past us so they had to stack the game against us calling on reinforcements though discord. Why do the games need to be this way i remember old games where if you were outnumbered a good decent player will swap to come help you the honor and sportsmanship has gone from the game and if you say a word and they dont like what they hear they call you names
shame on you .i seen these stacked games alot now just for easy points and easy wins zup needs to do something

Man, doesnt it just suck when other players use apps to COMUNICATE with each other? You do realise people use these apps not to piss you off but to get to know each other, learn about one another and to GET ALONG better. If you dont like what the online community is doing, keep to the practice missions and stay out of others affairs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, WolfRider

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358423

• [*M]TBUILT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

6 GUN wrote: ya ive seen the switching teams certain squads love to play with them selfs in ww2 all by them selfs wonder if there blind yet

Hey Dong Patrol :whistle:
Does TT know what you're up to with one of his old accounts? He must be really proud I'm sure.:unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358424

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
i haven't got a issue about the calling reinforcements on a app but to stack the games to to make them so uneven is 4x2 or 6x1 isnt a fair match and i dont really care win or loose .Initially one of the dawn patrol joined the blue side and it was nice and even 3x3 he decided to switch for what ever reason .Although he wasn't going to be much use to us any way because they wont even shoot each other if they are red not shooting reds is just ruining the game too. i just want zup to limit how many reds can be on one side to stop this sort of game play as i know a few players are sick of it

Airborne Kiwi {WP} wrote:

Dognamitt wrote: had a great game tonight with bici/lupo they couldn't get past us so they had to stack the game against us calling on reinforcements though discord. Why do the games need to be this way i remember old games where if you were outnumbered a good decent player will swap to come help you the honor and sportsmanship has gone from the game and if you say a word and they dont like what they hear they call you names

Man, doesnt it just suck when other players use apps to COMUNICATE with each other? You do realise people use these apps not to piss you off but to get to know each other, learn about one another and to GET ALONG better. If you dont like what the online community is doing, keep to the practice missions and stay out of others affairs.

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358426

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Dognamitt wrote: . . . to stack the games to to make them so uneven is 4x2 or 6x1 isnt a fair match . . . he wasn't going to be much use to us any way because they wont even shoot each other if they are red not shooting reds is just ruining the game too.

Cut through all the angst and drama that this thread has sprouted, and Dog makes a fair point. The Dawn Patrol aren't the only people out there that occasionally do this, but I fell victim to this too on your first day as a squad. My personal solution to this and any other unpleasant match is usually to either suck it up and drive on, or move on to a different match.

That having been said, I'd like to ask anyone who actually plays like this (not just thinks it sounds okay or legal, but actually does it), a couple questions.

Like I said earlier, DP isn't the only group that plays or has played this style of game, but using you guys as the example (it's convenient, you're here) . . . You guys are all well seasoned, top pilots; do you really get any enjoyment out of a game where there are 4 or 6 of you against 1 or 2 reds? Just to be clear, I'm not talking someone like Bici and ZebraUp as the 2 reds; I mean a match were the reds aren't able to offer you much resistance, and you're just running up the kill count with no real challenge. What do you get from it other than points/coins?

Secondly, how do you not shoot at each other when you're red? I mean what's the payoff? What makes leaving a teammate(s) hanging out to dry to give your fellow squadron members (who are reds) an unfair advantage? What do you get from it other than points/coins?

I apologize if that sounds like I'm angry or trying to crack on someone. I'm not; I don't really have a dog in this fight (sorry, couldn't resist the pun Roy). It's just not my style of play, and I would honestly like to hear someone's viewpoint that actually does it . . . minus all the sarcasm, memes, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, ZebraUp, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, dognamitt

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358431

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep had it from another squad where they wont shoot their own. we where defending the last hangar i put 3 shots in a red and didn't turn back because i knew i had a good player behind me on my side that would clean up but he never even fired one shot last hangar gone game lost you live n learn make mental notes and know better next time .i dont care what squad you belong to if your a blue your my squad mate for that game A RED IS A RED

S. E. Dailey wrote:

Dognamitt wrote: . . . to stack the games to to make them so uneven is 4x2 or 6x1 isnt a fair match . . . he wasn't going to be much use to us any way because they wont even shoot each other if they are red not shooting reds is just ruining the game too.

Cut through all the angst and drama that this thread has sprouted, and Dog makes a fair point. The Dawn Patrol aren't the only people out there that occasionally do this, but I fell victim to this too on your first day as a squad. My personal solution to this and any other unpleasant match is usually to either suck it up and drive on, or move on to a different match.

That having been said, I'd like to ask anyone who actually plays like this (not just thinks it sounds okay or legal, but actually does it), a couple questions.

Like I said earlier, DP isn't the only group that plays or has played this style of game, but using you guys as the example (it's convenient, you're here) . . . You guys are all well seasoned, top pilots; do you really get any enjoyment out of a game where there are 4 or 6 of you against 1 or 2 reds? Just to be clear, I'm not talking someone like Bici and ZebraUp as the 2 reds; I mean a match were the reds aren't able to offer you much resistance, and you're just running up the kill count with no real challenge. What do you get from it other than points/coins?

Secondly, how do you not shoot at each other when you're red? I mean what's the payoff? What makes leaving a teammate(s) hanging out to dry to give your fellow squadron members (who are reds) an unfair advantage? What do you get from it other than points/coins?

I apologize if that sounds like I'm angry or trying to crack on someone. I'm not; I don't really have a dog in this fight (sorry, couldn't resist the pun Roy). It's just not my style of play, and I would honestly like to hear someone's viewpoint that actually does it . . . minus all the sarcasm, memes, etc.

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358436

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518

Dognamitt wrote: i haven't got a issue about the calling reinforcements on a app but to stack the games to to make them so uneven is 4x2 or 6x1 isnt a fair match and i dont really care win or loose .Initially one of the dawn patrol joined the blue side and it was nice and even 3x3 he decided to switch for what ever reason .Although he wasn't going to be much use to us any way because they wont even shoot each other if they are red not shooting reds is just ruining the game too. i just want zup to limit how many reds can be on one side to stop this sort of game play as i know a few players are sick of it

Airborne Kiwi {WP} wrote:

taken from your first post you made on this thread:
"had a great game tonight with bici/lupo they couldn't get past us so they had to stack the game against us calling on reinforcements though discord. Why do the games need to be this way". You imply in these two sentences that people using things like Palringo or Skype is a bad thing yet you say its not about calling reinforcements, its about being out-gunned. Do you realise that no DF match will ever be equal!? Sure, you could have a 4x4 but at some point in every game, there will always be someone better, faster, more agule then you. How to counter this is simply a learning curve. I can energy fight in my P-40 against the king of boom 'n' zoom: the FW 190. I had a 2 minute turn fight against Hohen and his 190 and only lost due to my own error, miscalculations and agility. Like I said, if the ge gets un-fair, which it most definetly will at some point, learn how to counter this. Yes a red is a red, it went without saying; some players like to give their mates a free pass. If they wont clean up, then you need to learn how.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D- CC RIDER

Last edit: by Airborne Kiwi.

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358443

• [NLR] Luna
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 559

I remember once upon a time when I followed the "don't shoot other squad mates" rule myself. I didn't enforce it with the NLR or anything, I was just something I did myself. Other squad mates wouldn't shoot me back as a result. After some time, I remember a squad mate who was new at the time, and was particularly skilled, didn't know of my personal policy and shot me down. After finally agreeing to a mutual fight, I realized it was especially fun to shoot down squad mates in DF.

You can't really stop people from doing something or force them to play a certain way. Meeting disagreements with anger or insults certainly won't sway others towards your opinions. The only way for us to get along is to realize there's multiple ways to have fun.

Where's the ultimate line that divides fun and fair? I don't know. And if I think it's been crossed, I remember there was a time when I might have been doing the same thing with no offense intended whatsoever. I'm glad somebody gave me the benefit of doubt. Keeping an open mind and and likewise some tough skin will go a long way when it comes to enjoying yourself and those around you.
:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, [NLR] McFate, Mongo, ZebraUp, D- CC RIDER, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Airborne Kiwi, dognamitt, [NLR]DIS*RUPT, WolfRider

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358445

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
In many games i choose not to fly against a Misfits.so i leave.usually an already even game...
But to not shoot a red even if it is a squad member.its never sat right with me.your on a side a team no one should leave a team one gun down ( unless you have a dork on your side).

Ive never used the raido app for the game dont even have it in this one.im a Misfit if i can handle my own buisness i shouldn't be flying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, Airborne Kiwi, dognamitt

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358446

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[NLR] Luna wrote: I remember once upon a time when I followed the "don't shoot other squad mates" rule myself. I didn't enforce it with the NLR or anything, I was just something I did myself. Other squad mates wouldn't shoot me back as a result. After some time, I remember a squad mate who was new at the time, and was particularly skilled, didn't know of my personal policy and shot me down. After finally agreeing to a mutual fight, I realized it was especially fun to shoot down squad mates in DF.

You can't really stop people from doing something or force them to play a certain way. Meeting disagreements with anger or insults certainly won't sway others towards your opinions. The only way for us to get along is to realize there's multiple ways to have fun.

Where's the ultimate line that divides fun and fair? I don't know. And if I think it's been crossed, I remember there was a time when I might have been doing the same thing with no offense intended whatsoever. I'm glad somebody gave me the benefit of doubt. Keeping an open mind and and likewise some tough skin will go a long way when it comes to enjoying yourself and those around you.
:)

Well said Luna . People should realise there are two rules of business 1 mind your own business and stop crying like a little baby . 2 stay the hell out of mine . I see by many peoples stats that they don't play much for the amount of time that they CLAIM to have been a member of DF . So I can only assume that they spend most of their time on WC . I for one just have fun with our squad members and that too is our own business . SE my advice to you would be to try get some fun back into GI as I remember that squad as a fun squad and they played however they wanted . If players have left for whatever reason well suck it up and recruit some more . Enough said , this is cutting into my playing time Tallyho .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redwasp, WolfRider

lame lame game play 7 years 2 weeks ago #358449

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
I agree, actively stacking teams or not shooting at a red squadmate is lame lame. Signs of a weak player.

lame lame game play 7 years 1 week ago #358734

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Hola a todos,el otro día estaba jugando y un piloto hizo snaker ,yo dije snaker para advertir a los demás pilotos cerca de nuestra base
Mire el panel de pilotos y estaban en inferioridad,perfecto una acción correcta.De acuerdo que aquí no hay reglas pero si te hacen un snaker 5/2 no está bien,para nada es honorable.Eso es lo que está mal,si sois 5 luchad de cara,ahí no se puede considerar estrategia es un acto cobarde a mi modo de verlo.En cuanto a dispararse o nó lo mismo que hay escuadrones que imponen sus normas sobre todos los demás de la comunidad,también puedes tener el mismo derecho a no disparar a tus compañeros de escuadrón, y no por eso esta mal.Aquí lo importante es divertirse pero al menos si todos fuésemos lo más justo posible jugando,tendríamos un juego mucho mejor para todos.aquí nadie es un santo,y que nadie quiera dárselas de piloto perfecto por que no los hay.Eso si para que nuestro juego sea más justo para todos ,debemos implicarnos todos un poco,y tal vez con el tiempo sea más divertido jugar.
Hay pilotos que aunque le adviertas les da lo mismo,hacen caso omiso.En cuanto a los nuevos pilotos,los hay que intentas ir a tu base y no te dejan de disparar,aunque se lo pidas,otros no te dejan de insultar aunque se lo pidas,osea aquí nadie es un santo ,yo procuro jugar dentro de lo más justo posible,muchas veces no lo puedes hacer no por tí , sinó por los demás que es diferente.Hace unos días había un piloto nuevo arrow o algo así, me empezó insultar sin mediar palabra cuando le derribe un par de veces,le dije que no me insultase que yo no le había hecho nada,y me harto y le tuve que caer más veces.En la siguiente partida ya me saludó pero no me insultaba,vaya parece ser que la única manera de parar sus insultos fue dándole una lección.Qué diferencia a cuando yo empecé a jugar más de 5 años,y que diferente manera de actuar,yo no insultaba a los que me ferian sin dejarme ni despegar por aquellos tiempos,yo aprendía de ellos y se me caían me levantaba las veces que fuesen. (Enzo,blues máx, calle,peluca y tantos otros)pues fui quedándome con los nombres de todos,y al final empezando por embizzy todos supieron lo que her Charli8,algunos se salían cuando me veían, les perseguía por todos los juegos ,si se salían les perseguía,al final muchos me pedían clemencia por que no les dejaba jugar.Par fovor ahora son unos privilegiados,Buenos aviones mayor velocidad,te dejan despegar de la base sin poderte matar,más balas en los aviones,pero esto que es?una guardería ?esta bien ayudarles en lo que se pueda pero tienen que aprender a ser pilotos yo me enfrentaba a los mejores y estaba feliz,her una manera rápida de crecer de ser de los mejores.Los nuevos de ahora deben aprender contra los mejores,Así tal vez alguno llegue a ser un gran AS.También es una forma de ayudarles luchando con ellos,Ojo!! no digo
Arrasandolos tampoco,mirad en otro juego de destruir aeropuerto enemigo,había como 5 rojos y yo llegue y como estaba llegando mi compañero,le cubrí como es lógico, mientras le querían caer,yo les derribada a todos,no he tan tan novatos pero les caía como moscas
Cuando llegó mi compañero soltó sus bombas y pusimos al momento rumbo a nuestra base.Bueno pues cuando nos alejabamos todos los rojos decían que era un piloto genial!! Y me daban las gracias ,fue una demostración de cono deberían en el futuro esos pilotos no tan nuevos hacer las cosas.Todos podemos ayudar Sí ,pero enfrentarnos de manera correcta a estos chicos nuevos,sin duda les hará ser mejores pilotos.Respetando por su puesto todos las maneras de jugar,siempre que sean de manera eticamente correcta o lo que se debería entender por correcta,que solo la conocemos cada uno de nosotros.Un saludo a todos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

lame lame game play 7 years 1 week ago #358768

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Una cosa más por el hecho de que cualquiera de nosotros exponga su opinión,para nada debe ser motivo de insulto se comparta o no su idea,se debe respetar a todo el mundo todo el mundo tiene derecho a ser respetado.A nadie hay que sacrificar por el hecho de que no se esté de.acuerdo con su opinión, y tampoco poner a los demás en.contra de esa persona,de la que no está de acuerdo.Me parece una acción ruin y cobarde.Todos tenemos faltas,recordadlo.

Last edit: by baron rojo.

lame lame game play 7 years 5 days ago #359197

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Um, yeah. I think most of the veteran players would agree, we miss the uneven or stacked games. It is how we learned to play. I didn't get good at this game by fighting against even teams. The games that stick in my mind are the ones where I was being pounded by the greats. I learn to quickly get in the air and learned that I better make my shots count. No wasted bullets, they had better hit their mark or the game was going to end quickly. I cant ever remember coming to the forum to complain, if anything I would brag that I held off the torrent of bullets and bombs. Win or lose, I learned something from every game. I am not picking a side or shaking my finger at anyone, but if you find a game that looks "to hard" search for an easy one.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [*M] Pagan, D- CC RIDER, SCAMPERS REVENGE, WolfRider

lame lame game play 7 years 5 days ago #359198

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

Totally agree Mr.Hulk!! If someone finds uneven missions too hard they should switch to playing CandyCrush lol!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, D- CC RIDER, SCAMPERS REVENGE

lame lame game play 7 years 5 days ago #359202

• SCAMPERS REVENGE
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 106
I agree Z and Von , that's the way I learned, I will say it again, everybody in this game, and I mean everybody! got to where they are today on the backs of the inexperienced, that's how everybody learns, my motto PLAY THE GAME DONT COMPLAIN!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, D- CC RIDER, WolfRider

lame lame game play 7 years 1 day ago #359432

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ahora hay juegos desiguales y antes también los había peto la gente se comportaba de manera diferente,incluso se cambiaban de lado.ahora en la 2 no puedes cambiar de lado,si yo pago un avión que es con el que me gusta volar,por que tengo que coger otro?
De alguna manera me están imponiendo volar en otro avión al deseado.Por parte de que los juegos se.equilibran genial eso eses lo mejor que podría pasar,una cosa buena seria que separasen por rangos a los pilotos,no puede ser que se mezclen lugartenientes con nivel 30 o 31 por decir algo.Tampoco otros elegían el avión por gusto es decir el del bando alemán sino por que sabían que ganaban o tenían más posibilidades de hacerlo.Y a nadie cuando se podía vi cambiar al bando aliado.Así que por muchos que digáis,los primeros que tenemos que hacer el juego más justo somos todos nosotros los pilotos veteranos.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.686 seconds