Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 3 weeks ago #358248

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • [£] Pie of Jerry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Delicious & DEADLY....... La vie est belle!
  • Thank you received: 591

The reason many quit Dogfight is not that it's to hard, too difficult, to complicated, or too intimidating it's because of people doing this:
Those of you who help newcomers and guide them I APPRECIATE you, but those who don't I ask you please to stop. Thank you.
This is a picture of 5v2 including Aztec that left obliterating, DROPPING, and CAMPING on me and a newb in newb planes (1st tier). Now why that is idk, but that I think is unacceptable. Makes me sick to see a newb run over like this, I promise to switch and help a newb anytime they need help because things like this and the bandwagon on the german side is ridiculous.

IN YOUR OVEN OR ON YOUR SIX!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Viper10{WP}, StarsandBars, Cush62, S. E. Dailey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [£] Pie of Jerry.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 3 weeks ago #358249

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
Good point great post but falling on deaf ears.
Hate the players that think their hot sh*t and the best they got is camping.must give them a great sense of pride to rly over and camp on noobs.

As.far as switching sides im an android user qnd it can take as long as 3 minutes to switch by then i get shoved into another game
The following user(s) said Thank You: [£] Pie of Jerry

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358252

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Es cierto se cambia muy mal de lado.Pero juegos como estos son grotescos ,y en nada pueden ayudar a los chicos nuevos.Qué les van a enseñar ?es una carnicería,me quito el somberro con ese piloto nuevo,por su gran valentía ,simplemente GENIAL!!.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358253

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • [£] Pie of Jerry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Delicious & DEADLY....... La vie est belle!
  • Thank you received: 591

baron rojo wrote: Es cierto se cambia muy mal de lado.Pero juegos como estos son grotescos ,y en nada pueden ayudar a los chicos nuevos.Qué les van a enseñar ?es una carnicería,me quito el somberro con ese piloto nuevo,por su gran valentía ,simplemente GENIAL!!.

Siempre podemos ayudar en la carnicería y estar con ellos.
IN YOUR OVEN OR ON YOUR SIX!

The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo

Last edit: by [£] Pie of Jerry.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358267

• DireWolf{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In all of us lies a wolf..waiting.
  • Thank you received: 2604
Agreed----this is not the game it used to be. Entire good squads and players are gone for good.

I've been very busy with work, but I swear more good players have left since a few months ago.

What a damn shame!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] Pagan, [£] Pie of Jerry, Viper10{WP}

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358268

• StarsandBars
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Gravity trumps Time
  • Thank you received: 275
Grown men here trying to coach kids. That's the problem.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358280

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
I'll usually switch and let them try and pick on someone their own size. Then the campers leave. No fun

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358289

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
On first impression, I would start with a: Will u guys make up your minds!
The problem I see is that we have players that say that camping, dropping and all other things is ok; even if it’s done to noobs. Others say it is not fair and drives new players away. Since I came to play the game, there has always been the do’s and don’ts but not everyone follow thru. This mix massages bring confusion. My conclusion has been play as u wish and just have FUN. You are in a team that promotes this kind of play and sees it as normal. I have not had to use second accounts to see that almost everyone does a thing here or another thing there. I am no saint but I am happy u have notice this type of play. Those who read this will probably try to help a bit more the new players. As for those who do not want to change and play as they do, hey just have fun. Azteca has not been playing for a long time but I have been with him in outnumbered games and we have got beat down by droopers, so I believe it was a lesson learn to him and I see how this can change your game play going forward. But we will try to do our best to help the new players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [£] Pie of Jerry, Lupo del mare

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358305

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

As my own personal rule, I try to cut the new players some slack best I can, and will offer advise when requested. I am on the side who thinks if you slaughter noobs, they wont continue playing. I know there are many who say "I took my lumps and they should too" but I firmly believe more would stay if they would get a few kills in each game, or at least cut some slack while they try to figure out the bullet drop and other intricacies of the game. Does it explain the physics of the game anywhere in the intro or download screen? No, so the new folks have to figure it out, and that usually takes awhile just looking at posts from veterans who are still adjusting to it.

Play as you like, have fun. What I described is how I play, and have fun.

Glad I came in when there were noob servers.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [*M] Pagan, [£] Pie of Jerry, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, S. E. Dailey, DireWolf{WP}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358345

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
i try to help any one that wants help i don't care what level or what squad they are in .camping is not against the rules nor is spawn killing .zups definition of Ban able spawn killing is 'constant spawn killing ' or Tank spawn killing. I have a noob account too there are a lot of top players should be ashamed at doing it just because the noob don't know any different or doesn't know how to deal with it or report it so players get away with the crime .I dont play ww1 much no more i like the speed of ww2 but i was in a WW1 game yesterday and there was one particular top ranked player just praying on noobs just pretty sad if you ask me
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarsandBars, Cush62, Lupo del mare

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358346

• MonsterTruck
  • Thank you received: 6
Spawn killers taste the wrath of my tank {-}7

Seriously though. I have shot at planes taking off and been shot down taking off. It does annoy me, but since learning the basics I dont feel as helpless as I did as a noob. Those slaughters almost made me rage quit, but maybe Im just too stubborn for that :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: StarsandBars

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358359

• [NLR]DIS*RUPT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Stay Classy Dogfight
  • Thank you received: 754

This is a great topic especially for those out there who are in a position to encourage good behavior and get more new players into the community, not just the game itself. As we all know by now, the game is great, but the DF community is fantastic. A little whiny and backwards thinking sometimes, but who doesn't like it better back in the good ole days ;)

Yes we all took our licks and boy was it a sharp learning curve with some serious head on masters a few years ago. If i was in visual range I could be dead in 2 hits (INSTANTLY) lol

EDIT: Ive been gone for awhile, but are there really NO noob servers?
One of the most memorable moments I had was early on when I played against Wig. I knew he was the #1 player in the game and he was obliterating me head on. I made a joke about how crappy I was doing and he surprisingly (probably/defiantly lying) he said I was doing pretty good. And then he proceeded to kill me, but gave me a little more time to try and shoot him down :lol:

New players aren't a huge threat, but if you can take a minute to be cool and show them a thing or two, im sure they will contribute more of the same good behaviors in the DF community later on. Still, nobody is perfect.

Just my 10 cents

EDIT : I have been gone for awhile, but are there really NO more noob servers?!?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Last edit: by [NLR]DIS*RUPT.

Don't you love Dogfight? 7 years 2 weeks ago #358396

• StarsandBars
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Gravity trumps Time
  • Thank you received: 275
'Namitt that is one cool signature you got!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Last edit: by StarsandBars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.893 seconds