Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #258867

• [*M]Skyripper
  • [*M]Skyripper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461
With great pleasure, [NLR] The Blue Fighter and [M]Skyripper bring you the
Dogfight Hall of Honor

Each Month we will present 5 categories for you to select the Best Members of the Dogfight Community. From these categories you will select the top ten to be placed in the Hall of Honor. Charts showing the top ten will be placed in the Official Hall of honor thread. We will present a set of wings to the top members of each category to place in their signature and will be stored on the Official Hall of Honor thread.

The members with the top 2 vote totals from all 5 categories will earn a nomination for the Permanent category of " Best of the Best"

To keep things interesting, we will change some or all of the categories each Month. Everyone will be allowed 3 votes per category.

Every third Month we will present the Permanent category of "Best of the Best"
Nominations will begin on the first of the Month and last for 10 days. Everyone will be allowed to nominate 3 members of the Community.
The top 4 nominees plus the 2 nominees from the sub categories will be presented on the 16th of the Month. From the total votes 4 members will be inducted into the "Best of the Best" they will be awarded badges to place in their signature. Their names and Badges will be placed in the Official Hall of Honor Thread.

We ask that you please refer all non voting posts, questions, and comments here.this will help keep the results and statistics readily available on the Hall's official thread. Comments on the category threads are welcome.

We did a last minute remodel of the entire project to bring you what you wanted and to make this as positive and interesting as we could. We hope everyone participates and good luck to all of you!
The official rules are posted below, and the category threads will be open and ready for immediate voting shortly!

Rules for Nominating and Voting

Sub Categories

The first 5 Sub Categories will be:

1. Best Head On Fighter

2. Best Turn Fighter

3. Best strategic Fighter (finding tactical advantage / team coordination, etc.)

4. Best Post Writer on Forum

5. Best Supporting Member ( one who works with others to resolve issues technical and non technical )

IMPORTANT:
Separate threads have been created for each category to ease the compilation process.
Please vote under the respective thread categories.

The Sub categories will be different for the second Month. This will help reduce bias in voting.

Sub Category Voting
  • Each Month Sub Category voting will begin on the First of the Month and last to the 20th.
  • During this period everyone will be allowed to vote for 3 people per category.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
  • Please use the Players full in game / forum name, include their Squad name if applicable.
  • This will help avoid confusion of names. If necessary we will send you a PM to clarify.
  • If you select more than 3 people, we will use the first 3 names in your post.
  • When making your votes we urge you to consider, game play, skill, attitude, and participation in the game, forum, and Dogfight Community.
  • After twenty days voting will end and names will be compiled.
  • We will then present the top ten members from each category.
  • Their names will be added to the Hall of Honor under the category for the Month.
  • The 2 members with the highest vote total of all 5 categories will win a nomination for the Best of the Best category.

Best of the Best

Nominations and Voting
  • Nominations for the Best of the Best will begin on the 1st of every Third Month and will last for 10 days.
  • Each person can nominate 3 people.
  • Please use members full in game / forum name.
  • If you nominate more than 3 people, we will take the first 3 names in your post.
  • At the end of the nomination period the 4 highest vote totals plus the 2 Nominees from the Sub Categories will be presented for voting.
  • Once voting begins everyone will be allowed to vote for 3 of the nominees.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
  • The voting period will last for 14 days.
  • If you cast multiple votes, again, we will use the first name in your post.
  • At the conclusion of the voting period, votes will be tallied and the 4 Inductees will be announced on the nomination / voting thread.

• Their names will be added to the Official Hall of Honor list.
  • They will also be given a badge to add into their signature identifying them as a Member of the Hall of Honor.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • There will not be a "Hall of Shame". This Hall is totally focused on the positive aspects and influences of the game and Players.
  • Second, in the event of a tie in either category, World Rank will decide the winner.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Destroyer24, Elim, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, BULLET [M]isfit, [*M]Comet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #258879

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Destroyer24, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, [*M]Comet

Last edit: by [*M]Skyripper.

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #259011

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
Bump

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #259342

• [M]Slatz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • A memory today is a treasure tomorrow
  • Thank you received: 2979
Brother Sky and Blue Fighter,

I am intrigued and impressed with the whole Dogfight Hall of Fame. Outstanding indeed! On a side note, I think it would be interesting if pilots would vote outside of their squadron, in order to remove any bias judgment.

Unfortunately, the pilots I have thought about (and there are a WHOLE lot of them since Ive been playing for almost two years :whistle: ), I have decided on by those I have the most sky bantering during a mission, whether fighting with or against, and are good pilots in their own right. I miss seeing some of them :ohmy: as they make me laugh or smile while shooting me down (or vice versa? :blink: ). The brothers I have always enjoyed in a game are as follows and not in any particular order:

YEMY aka YEMX
RT
CORTIN

Honorable mention goes to Charli8, Von Von, Gunnerrz, Jazhonky, Vanessa De Lua, Ruussso, Wig!, horriblebeast, and Pluribus B) So maaaaaaany people not listed that I would also like to thank for making this game anjoyable! :silly: FLY AND DIE MY FRIENDS ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M]Destroyer24, [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, V.Huntress War

Last edit: by [M]Slatz.

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #259361

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[M]Slatz wrote: Brother Sky and Blue Fighter,

I am intrigued and impressed with the whole Dogfight Hall of Fame. Outstanding indeed! On a side note, I think it would be interesting if pilots would vote outside of their squadron, in order to remove any bias judgment.

Unfortunately, the pilots I have thought about (and there are a WHOLE lot of them since Ive been playing for almost two years :whistle: ), I have decided on by those I have the most sky bantering during a mission, whether fighting with or against, and are good pilots in their own right. I miss seeing some of them :ohmy: as they make me laugh or smile while shooting me down (or vice versa? :blink: ). The brothers I have always enjoyed in a game are as follows and not in any particular order:

YEMY aka YEMX
RT
CORTIN

Honorable mention goes to Charli8, Von Von, Gunnerrz, Jazhonky, Vanessa De Lua, Wig!, horriblebeast, and Pluribus B) So maaaaaaany people not listed that I would also like to thank for making this game anjoyable! :silly: FLY AND DIE MY FRIENDS ;)

Brother Slatz thank you! We actually considered the idea of voting outside of your Squadron. There were many complications to it.
I do have to ask though, which category should we file your nominations under? We can reserve them for the "Best of the Best" which will open on June 1st. It will run every third Month.

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #259483

• [M]Slatz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • A memory today is a treasure tomorrow
  • Thank you received: 2979

[M]Skyripper wrote:

[M]Slatz wrote: Brother Sky and Blue Fighter,

YEMY aka YEMX
RT
CORTIN

Honorable mention goes to Charli8, Von Von, Gunnerrz, Jazhonky, Vanessa De Lua, Wig!, horriblebeast, and Pluribus B) So maaaaaaany people not listed that I would also like to thank for making this game anjoyable! :silly: FLY AND DIE MY FRIENDS ;)

Brother Slatz thank you! We actually considered the idea of voting outside of your Squadron. There were many complications to it.
I do have to ask though, which category should we file your nominations under? We can reserve them for the "Best of the Best" which will open on June 1st. It will run every third Month.

I am not sure...maybe a new category...those who you would fly and die with all the while enjoying the game??? :blink: AHAHAHAHA
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, V.Huntress War

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #259526

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

[M]Skyripper wrote: All 5 sub category threads are now open for voting! Look for the designation H.O.H. Below are some quick links to all the voting threads.
We look forward to your participation!!

Quick Links to Nominating Threads
1 - Click here For Nomination For Best Head On Fighter
2 - Click Here For Nomination For Best Turn Fighter
3 - Click Here For Nomination For Best Strategic Fighter
4 - Click Here For Nomination For Best Post Writer on Forum
5 - Click Here For Nomination For Best Supporting Member
Happy Nominations

Just a quick thank you to everyone who has participated so far. There is still plenty of time to vote, so spread the word!!

[M]isfit to the core

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #259938

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks to all if you for your support and interest so far! Plenty of time left in the Voting period, so drag some people in here, vote if you haven't

We will be revealing next Month's categories soon, think you will all find them quite interesting!
Then the Best of the Best begins. Ignoring statistics, YOU will help decide who is the best. Past or Present.
Keep voting and stay tuned!

[M]isfit to the core

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #260295

• BULLET [M]isfit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4935
Sirs Vivek, Ishan, and Ripper, why not add tanking honors? Does take skill and is a large part of the game

If you see me, remember I see you too!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #260327

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BULLET [M]isfit wrote: Sirs Vivek, Ishan, and Ripper, why not add tanking honors? Does take skill and is a large part of the game

Brother Bullet, you forced a sneak preview! There will be a tank category in next Month's run!

[M]isfit to the core

Welcome to The Dogfight Hall of Honor! 8 years 11 months ago #262137

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BEGINNING NEXT MONTH!
We have listened to your suggestions and will bring a few changes in May.
We will introduce the 5 categories individually with a period of time between each.
Voting periods will be shortened to get the results out quicker!
We have selected some really good categories for next Month, which we will reveal soon!
Might want to wax the Tanks and polish the rifles!
There is still plenty of time to vote on the current categories,!
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.588 seconds