Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184213

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Ra!

As some of you already noticed, my signature says "Peace Nobel Prize for Snowden" since the NSA scandal came to the press.
Sorry USA citizens, I know that he may had broken some USA laws (and perhaps some international laws). I know, for most of you he did a nasty thing. And I don't blame you USA citizens for your opinion.

But if you ask people around the ENTIRE WORLD what do they think about the whole picture, I am quite sure that more than 90% of people would say he did it for a greater good. And people would say NSA acts were DISGUSTING.

So, as a brazilian guy that just talk about merda (the portuguese for bullshit), I am not aware of what happened to the press on the USA about the matter, so may I ask... Did your government or the NSA deleted the news of Snowden's scandal on the newspapers and censored the TV?

====

Hope my post is not being deleted, since I am not writing about spawn-killing, nor about team-killing, nor about the wig-leak, nor about sneakers, nor about laggers, nor about cheaters, nor about Jesus Christ, nor about atheist, nor about middle-fingers...

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [DD]Big C, Heff006, conradogf, [*M]VonHuLK, DD I Stranger, Thulsa Doom, Killer!, [TFL] muziki1, Mac, [LB] mad .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184215

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
TOTALLY agree. Snowden does deserve the Nobel Prize for bringing to light the scale of the atrocious breaches of security the American government inflicts upon the people which are supposed to control it.
Not to turn this on you, Ped, but that is why i support gun ownership. The government has shown that they are willing to keep dirty secrets from the American people, ones that endager our freedom, and we can't be defenseless if bad gets worse.
But that's a different matter. Snowden was a brave man, and one the people needed. The government tried to censor it somewhat, but the American press is pretty rabid.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

Last edit: by Mac. Reason: Chestnuts. Body parts. neat.

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184217

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Snowden was pretty well discussed here by a lot of people with different perspectives. I'm not as well versed in it is I probably should be, but it sounds like he didn't do anything all that wrong. On the flip side, sometimes things have to be kept a secret too. As a small govt type though, what he did is not too disturbing to me.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184263

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Folks, read my first post TWICE. And if you get a smile on your face, you get a cookie...
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [DD]Big C, DD I Stranger, Z I R I G

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184328

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I'd support Snowden for the Nobel peace prize. B)
(Where's my cookie?)

Lots of opinions are passed off as news.

Real news is out there if you pay attention.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184330

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
Last i heard snidley snowden was kicking up his heels in some swish black sea dacha advising Vladimir Putin on Crimea policy
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184376

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Lol Farkinel...

I could care less about what is going to happen to Snowden regarding possible law issues. Nor with Putin, nor with any other diplomatic personages around the world. For me, what really matters is that NSA is not going to make unfair misjudgements about people of other countries anymore; what matters is that NSA is now well known by its unpolite, prejudicial behavior; what matters now is that NSA is now what it was supposed to be: an agency that only have some influence over its own people, not over the "rest of the world".
And the rest of the world now knows what can be expected from NSA.
In my opinion, the only downside is that, even after the fall of its mask, NSA totally lacks humbleness, cuz it still didnt the right thing, that is TO APOLOGISE IN PUBLIC for its acts.
But I dont expect it to happens, since it demonstrated a lot of harsh arrogance.

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [DD]Big C, DD I Stranger

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184381

• DD I Stranger
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 414

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Lol Farkinel...

I could care less about what is going to happen to Snowden regarding possible law issues. Nor with Putin, nor with any other diplomatic personages around the world. For me, what really matters is that NSA is not going to make unfair misjudgements about people of other countries anymore; what matters is that NSA is now well known by its unpolite, prejudicial behavior; what matters now is that NSA is now what it was supposed to be: an agency that only have some influence over its own people, not over the "rest of the world".
And the rest of the world now knows what can be expected from NSA.
In my opinion, the only downside is that, even after the fall of its mask, NSA totally lacks humbleness, cuz it still didnt the right thing, that is TO APOLOGISE IN PUBLIC for its acts.
But I dont expect it to happens, since it demonstrated a lot of harsh arrogance.

If I read this twice do I still get a cookie?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, jacklpe

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184382

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
I think the bunch of us here agree on some basic ideas, and maybe not how to accomplish them. I TOTALLY agree that NSA and big government powers need check and balances, or else they get corrupt and over-reaching. NSA over-reaches! Other areas of government too. But to me, checks and balances need to be in the law, and actions must stay within the law, otherwise we still give government too much power (because they can arrest us for breaking the law). It's just my starry-eyed ideal.

I like checks and balances in the U.S. Constitution for branches of government checking each other. Legislative, judicial, executive. It was well visioned. And many disagree, but I believe that the basic right for citizens to bear arms is key to that balance. I think government thinks twice about dictating unscrupulously if the people have some power of masses rising up in civil war. Yeah, contradicts my other point about Law a bit.

The idea of a Snowden checking and balancing NSA power and corruption makes me smile, because I believe our government uses its covert powers in corrupt ways (as well as un-corrupt ways). So Snowden-like rogues may bring out corruption, but also damage the good work that is done. I'd rather see NSA be corrected by transparency to a Congressional Committee... of course, with the current party system, THAT committee is prone to financial sway and corruption itself. Basically, reform how people and companies can buy influence, and all of this should work fine, checked and balanced, like the founders originally intended, and we wouldn't need Snowdens to do what they do.

My two cents.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho, Mac

Last edit: by Manfred.

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184387

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411

[LB] Pedrinho wrote: Folks, read my first post TWICE. And if you get a smile on your face, you get a cookie...
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Oooh, chocolate chip!
*takes bite, spits out* DAMN YOU RAISINS!!!
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184469

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Aww man, your writings are too cryptic. Not an English problem, I just need to read better. Snid Snowden lol Farc.

NSA shame 9 years 11 months ago #184475

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
I think snowden did the right thing.

I don't like the fact that he's indefinitely staying in Russia , for obvious reasons.

Btw. American press is fairly open on the subject.

Cuz ......

AMERICANS LOVE DIRT! :woohoo: :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.614 seconds