Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #125365

• Dr Dave.
  • Dr Dave.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
I had a neighbor do the same thing in his front yard as the school bus was unloading, His wife had past and he'd been alone for 3 yrs, He became depressed about his grand kids moving to Green Bay Wi and lost his mind....( No pun intended) it was really bad there were over 20 kids on that bus and they all saw it happen. I was in my front yard and had just said hello to him a few minutes before, he seemed fine then. But..... You just never know....
I could care....But I dont

Please Log in to join the conversation.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #125372

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
MAN..oh...MAN. We HAVE to get you a secretary to do your reservations.

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #125398

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
That's not the place. That's the one I WANTED to reserve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave.

Last edit: by Manfred.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #128515

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Dropping Bombs... I was in game a few days ago with one player that I've flown with before, Ronnie. He was red and i blue, as the game started i thought ill have some fun with ol Ronnie and target him 1st..... Just to say Hello... :whistle: Well I'm almost to the hills overlooking their base and there he is front and center.... :evil: .... I fire, He fires, I flame... :woohoo: (F-Bomb!) I respawn and again meet him midfield, I line him up, I fire, He fires, I flame.... :angry: ( F-Bomb )... This time I notice the wife looked up, she said nothing and I respawned, this time meeting Ronnie at the drop off at MY base I quickly line him up and fire.... Again He fires.... Again I flame....(F-Bomb F-Bomb ) F-Bomb!!! )....... :angry: :angry: :angry: Ronnie's right on top of us now and bombs the hangers.... Gets 3 I get up and start after him...... He swings around and fires..... I flame!!!..... :angry: crazy now I drop the F-Bomb again.... Now this time my loving wife gets up and walks over to me, she puts her hand on my shoulder and says there seems to be alot of bombing going on tonight? What could I say? She then says to me honey why don't you put the game down and help me in the garden? Now at this point much to my surprise i revert back to a 12 yo and say not now I'm almost winning....... Can I play alittle longer? :huh: I had to stop and think about what just came outta my mouth as she stood there smileing at me..... She then said you know I always wanted a younger man, but not a 12yo :ohmy: so I said sry guys i gtg and helped her outside, It did help I came back in game later and had a very good evening, but I still look back on the day I was 12 again.... And smile because this game can make us all act childish at times. I'm now 60 again and try to act it but just for kicks and giggles i have to say 12 was nice..... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dentinhead, Paul Mantz, Jr., jacklpe, ¥M4rtin¥, Captain Noushbag, [NLR] McFate

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #128557

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I have another one, I have to listen to all the complaint's about this game, Spawnkiller's, bomb droppers and plain ole unfair play..... Here's one for ya.... I've only brought this up once and it was in the Jolly Roger, It was more of a snyde remark posted in the middle of some other complaining... Thanks for not getting upset about that Jacklpe :) .
Here goes, If you don'e read it, it's gone for good soon.
I was stuck at a million point's for month's, Didn't gain a damn point, not one. I mean Month's...How many of you had to fly for a long time without making any point's..... Then one day bammmmm it's up to 10 million. All those month's You all were gaining point's and me....Nothing. Like some one put their boot on my head and pushed me waaayyy back down the hole... No sense complaining about it didn't happen to any of you. How many point's would I have had....Who know's, Who cares :) :cheer: :woohoo: .
I think all the complaining and taking thing's into your own hands thing is getting to me...I haven't flown in about 3 day's, too much bi%chen for me.....
Most of you want to complain.... Well here's my halfassed complaint above.... Doesn't matter does it, cause it only happened to a few.... Screw the few, I've been spawnkilled... Sarcastic statement there...
I know this didn't make a whole lotta sense... At this moment I really don't care.... Hee Hee

Dr Dave, Great story above...Made me smile.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., jacklpe

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #129126

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Okay, I've been debating whether or not to post this one. It is NOT for the squeamish! :pinch:

I do service work on remote power systems and many of my clients are a long way from town. Well, this one guy (Ronnie) had left me a message saying he needed my help and he would call on Friday. By Monday I had still not heard back and I happened to be out near his place so I decided to drop by to check on him. As I pulled into the yard the dogs came barking. Usually Ronnie shows up immediately to call them off but not this time. I sat in the truck for a few minutes and was getting ready to leave when his daughter came up from the house. "You looking for my dad? Come on follow me I'll take you to him." I followed her down to the house. " Is everything okay?" I ask. "Uh you'd better ask him yourself."

We get to the front door and she hollars " Dad! You'd better get decent. You've got company." A bunch of muffled curses and some knocking around and soon Ronnie shows up at the door. Pain is written all over his face and he is walking with his legs bowed like a saddle sore cowboy. "Hey buddy! You're never gonna believe what happened to me!":

He has many acres with his water source about a 1/4 mile up a canyon. He drives an ATV up a trail but has to walk across a hillside trail to get to the shutoff valve. The logs that make the hillside trail are held in place by some steel fence posts driven deep into the ground but there is still about 2 feet of each one sticking up. He'd been working on fixing some breaks in the lines but at the end of the day there were still several leaks. He left the water on for the evening so the house had water and planned to go up and shut it off after everyone headed for bed.

About 11:PM he got on the ATV to go shut off the water. He got to the log trail (wet from the leaking pipes) and was crossing it when he slipped. One of the steel fence posts caught his nylon swim trunks and tore them and his scrotum wide open. He fell in the mud in shock, terror and pain figuring he was dying! Screaming his head off knowing that this was the end of him.....

It wasn't. :blink: After a while of screaming, cursing and crying to no avail he realized that he was not going to die there and that he was the only one who could get himself out of the situation. So he "gathered himself up" and got back to the ATV. He could not manage to ride it sidesaddle so ended up having to straddle it as he made a multi point turn around and a very rough ride back to the house.

He got back to the yard yelling for help and finally the whole family comes running. "What happened dad?" As bad as it was everyone fell to the ground laughing and cringing. It took them a while to finally load him into a car and head to town to meet the ambulance. The ambulance driver had been briefed by the dispatcher but when he saw the problem he couldn't help himself. "Whoa! Oh man! I'm so sorry!" He could barely look. As they loaded Ronnie up and headed the 40 miles to the hospital he told the story. The driver lost it and had to pull over for a minute till he could drive again.

At the Emergency Room he got the same reaction. "What is the matter here sir...Whoa!!!! OMG!" The doctor was the most composed but was obviously uncomfortable too. He only lost his professionalism when he said "I'm going to have to scrub off the mud"

Anyway, Ronnie is one of those guys who loves to tell a.story. He's gone through a lot for this one but really. When everyone is sitting around showing off their scars he can sit back and wait. "Did I ever tell you about the time I nearly lost my...."

:pinch: :S :woohoo: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., ¥M4rtin¥

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #129392

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I posted some of this on the RC thread... Seemed a good fit for here too.
I've been flying camera's on some of my RC Plane's for year's. I've made many different camera holder's with different way's of pressing the Button. Started out with the throw away camera's and started using digital when they first came out. I still have the first sony I started using, What a Brick.
Anyway's, Had a neighbor I accidently found out she sunbathed on her deck..... In conversation with them one day, My RC came up... This was my chance... I let them know I fly camera's and have for Years. The wife looks at the husband and say's I better stop tanning out back........ We all started laughing...They knew what I was getting at.....I'm sure my sheepish look helped start the laughing.

Edit: MY UGH... Mcfate....I had to stop reading your's....LMAO...Made me double over in sympathy pain....UHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., ¥M4rtin¥, [NLR] McFate

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #129404

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Hummmm I to have a neighbor that sunbathes, I hate 12 ft fences maybe you can hook me up with a fly by :whistle: She's worth the gas... :evil:

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 7 months ago #130019

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
SKUNKOIL AND HER PUPS....or her kittens; When I was but knee high to a piss aint, we were lucky enough to go hunting on a patch of land that belonged to a Doctor Garza in east Texas, We took two deer and Bobcat but when we arrived back at camp we in countered a very un-welcomed guest, A big ol Momma Skunk :woohoo: she had taken a likening to our mess tent and was setting up house there.
Well it didnt take but a second to dispatch her to the other side, :) But as we carried her off to be buried we got to looking at her and noticed she was nursing, :ohmy: So with that us kids started looking for her den, and found it. :cheer: We could hear the kittens inside crying as they awaited the return of their momma, but she wasnt coming back. :( So we started thinking how best to get them out, :huh: then we decided just reach in and grab them. We drew straws and I stuck my arm in and grabbed one then two then three. :cheer: Then something I REALLY WISH I HADN'T :sick: did you know skunk kittens poop in their den???.. :woohoo: :sick: . Anyway, We took em back to camp and tired to fed them, milk,water just anything we could but they weren't having none of it. So sense we had taking our deer and was headed home anyway, they went with us. :) When we got there we didnt really know how the old momma cat would take to these guys :unsure: but she had just winged a litter of kittens and was still milking so what the heck.... We stuck em on and they took right to it and she to them. :) :) :)

She nursed those guys for 3 weeks till one day we didnt set with her while feeding and she licked one.. :woohoo: ... That was it.. No more titty for kitty... :ohmy: .... But as luck would have it they were able to eat real food by then and did just fine, :) we had them fixed (had their scent sack removed) and kept them as pets. Named moe,Larry,and Curly they were a great addition to the family and were better then and dog or cat were as they would use a box in doors and behaved like a dog at play, :cheer: they loved to set in your lap and watch TV and Steal food off your plate. :angry: Moe slept with me :) Curry with sister and Larry with brother or mom and dad depending on who went to bed with food.. :whistle: . We had them almost 4 yrs till the fire.... :( They were and will be some of the best pets we ever had. I wish I had more pictures but we lost them as well, this one my brother had with him to show a friend thats why it survived. I think maybe some day I may try to get another skunk pet, but for now ill just be happy with my little boo.... Our Pekinese....... He's no skunk but he sometimes smells like one... :sick: But thats some of my childhood how about yours?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, ¥M4rtin¥, onsekone, [NLR] McFate

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132222

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
The best game Ive ever been to-
(Being baptized in Virginia Tech football)

Setting the Scene:

About 50 degrees, a rainy and windy day in Blacksburg, Virginia. That day though, Virginia Tech played Marshall in the whiteout game (a salute to the military). An unranked Tech with a bad quarterback would make it a good game.

Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech has been rated in the top 10 hardest stadiums to win at. The stadium was designed by the engineering students/alumni there to keep sound in and amplify it. On every important down, everyone jangles their keys and yells oooooooooooo at the top of their lungs before and during the play. You can't hear yourself think.

Now the story.

Before the game starts, the speakers blare Enter Sandman by Metallica, and everyone starts jumping. From that point on, you don't sit down.

First quarter-
The Tech defense held Marshall on the first drive, and a blocked punt put tech up 7-0. They then responded with another touchdown. 7-7

Second quarter-
Blow for blow at the end of the second it was 14-14

Third quarter- Marshall goes up 21-14, and they held Tech from scoring

Fourth Quarter- with four minutes left, everyone in the stands is soaked to the bone, and if we weren't standing up, yelling, and jumping, we would have hypothermia. Tech finally puts a good drive together, and with 0:26 left on the clock, tech has one more chance to score on the 15 on 4th down: the throw is right to the receiver, it bounces off of a defenders hands, and the receiver lays out to catch it for the touchdown. The time runs out, and the game goes to overtime.

Overtime-
The rains starts coming down in sheets, you can barely see the other side of the stadium. In college, each team in overtime has a chance to score if the other one does. Techs drive fails, and they miss a 50 yard punt. Marshall gets to the 25 and sets up a field goal. Beamers special teams block it! So tech goes again, and they get stopped and the tech kicker under the pressure misses the 25 yard field goal. Marshall got to the 10, and it looked like they had it, but a tech d-lineman blocks a throw and catches it, he runs to the Marshall ten and is caught. At this point, the stadium gets so quiet you can hear the calls on the field. Finally, a quarterback sneak puts tech up by 6, and they get the mandatory 2 point conversion. But, by the rules, Marshall has a chance to score. The stadium got so loud I couldn't hear myself yelling. Marshall gets held by the tech defense and tech wins the game.

Sorry if this is a long summary, but it was a great game.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dr Dave., [NLR] McFate

Last edit: by [DD]Big C.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132375

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 143
This is a story of how I nearly got killed without even realising it

My mates and I were driving out to the west coast of our city to go surfing for the day , I'm driving and the boys decide they want to stop at a convenience store for some food so I pull into the parking lot they all disembark leaving me in the car reading a surfing magazine.

The parking lot is separated from the road by a wide pavement/footpath I have angle parked facing the road with only the pavement between the car and the passing traffic. I'm quietly reading my mag and this lady comes up to my window looking totally crest fallen wailing " do you know how my car got squashed ! " her car was right next to mine and it was fine when I pulled up but it had been flattened across the front seats , like roof squashed down to seat level and heard nothing ! .

So we are looking around wondering what the pheck had squashed this car , all the other cars were fine everyone was going about their business then my mates all come back and start looking around the parking lot for clues , way down the other end of the lot someone's yard fence has been flattened and there is a hole in the side of the house , inside the house in the middle of the lounge room is a very large dual wheel off a truck !

we stayed at the scene for about 10 mins and no truck came back to pick up the wheel and there were no witnesses as far as we could make out the wheel came off the truck bounced over my car squashed the ladies car bounced down the lot through the fence into the house all unseen by a soul and without killing a soul .

If you work at a truck tyre shop please take note of this story ! Do those wheel nuts up noice and toit loike lad.

Cheers.
Flying as farkinell and numerous other unmentionables.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dr Dave.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132376

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Wheel bearings cause that more often than not, as opposed to loose lugs. Leaky wheel seals and vibrations are usually the only warning signs. Unfortunately, about a million things can cause similar vibrations.

That's always a big fear, and I've almost had it happen a couple of times (on trailers that I had just picked up that promptly burned up their axles after a few minutes at speed (Dr Dave read containers).

Glad no one was hurt in that instance. People are not always that lucky.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dr Dave.

Last edit: by jacklpe.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132380

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Thanks for that insight jacklpe , I'm guessing it came off a dual axle trailer and that's why the driver was none the wiser and it was in a residential area so it was a low speed zone too .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, jacklpe

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132433

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Good story Farc. I imagine a dual wheel plus tires (and bearing remnants) weighs, what, around 150-180 lbs? (Is there a trucker in the house?)

If the set got a good bounce and then landed on the lady's car roof, the vertical component of its velocity would be just like a tire dropped from whatever height the set peaked at in its arc. Even if peaked just a few feet above the car roof and arced down to it, that's a good pace for a 180lb object. Squash. And house walls are pretty papery thin when matched up against some Mass x Velocity, even a slower velocity. Crunch!

Manfred

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132456

• Farcanal
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The dual wheels on my medium size bus/rv are easily 150kg approx 300 pounds that's rims and tyres and the speed zone was 50kmh or about 23mph so yeah judging by the ladies lack of curvature on her car roof there was some serious velocity involved...and some cheap steel in construction of said vehicle !

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132461

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Yea, I was gonna guess at least 400 lbs. especially with the hub attached. If its on steel rims, even heavier. Split rims? (Read: old) even worse. Not cool, but it happens everyday.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132497

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Mississauga Canada mid 80s A lady and her 2 girls headed to the city, riding next to a 18 wheeler, highway speeds, In less then a second the trailer drops a dual, It bounced once just high enough to clear the hood of the women's car, It came though the windshield and took the tops off of EVERYTHING in the car. It looked like it was cut off with a knife. This women and her 2 children never knew what hit them it happened so fast. To this day if I'm in the car and the driver of said car dally's to long next to a truck they hear about it. I've been out here for over 30 years and can say without a dought 80% of the deaths Ive seen out here have been Tire related, Ether by blow out of fall off, And before you ask.... No there is no good way to prevent this from happening as long as cars and people are going to hang around the sides of a trailer going down the road. It is one of the most dangerous place's in the world to drive. Because you never know when a tire will pop. Even new ones.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 6 months ago #132500

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
As far football, I played the game, was good at it, Tech in Lubbock wanted me to play but I had to support my new family, but sometime when I have move time ill share some story's. thanks Frac for the memory's.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #153271

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Bumped so I can find it later today........ At story time. ;)

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #153304

• 2Storm2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The Storm of the Skies!
  • Thank you received: 181
Yay!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I love your storys!!! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., [*M]VonHuLK

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #153318

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
when i was but a boy of 7 years i had wondered in to a ant bed, now as you can imagine they were not overly excited about my unannounced visit to their little world and gave me a going over id not soon forget. Well my dad always said if you cant get ahead, get even... :angry: .. so after many attemps to wipe them out and rid our yard of these pest, each having failed to do what i intended, i decided ok its time i nuked them... :evil: .. now i had watched dad make black powder most of my life and felt i to could do this. So i started blending, and before i finished I had made close to 20lbs of black powder. now to get it down their little hole and give them what they deserved. I took a drill and ran the cord out to the nest and started drilling straight down. I used a auger bit my dad used when we put in the new fence. i was able to get about 30" without problem and the hole was about 4" across. i thought man i dont have enough powder for a hole that size, :unsure: so yep i made more,about 20lbs more, as I walked back out there i was thinking this will do nicely... :evil: Man i had no freaking ideal what i was about to do. But do it I would and we'd be rid of those dam ants once and for all, so I dumped 40+lbs of black powder down the hole made a little trail of it as a fuss, and dropped a match to it.... :unsure: I stood thee watching this thing and started thinking...wow 40lbs...thats a lot...maybe i should get back alittle...so I made my ways to the other side of the yard, about 40ft and stood there watching... My Grand dad came around the croner seeing the smoke trail asked me, what you doing boy? I said killing ants, How? Black powder. How much? about 40lbs. :woohoo: At that he grabed me and threw me around the corner of the house just as it went off... :woohoo: :woohoo: At that time i was sure 40lbs was alittle to much as most of that side of the yard became air born... :( I will always miss our dog who was always getting to close to things. And mothers Roses didnt fare to well ether sence they were next to the ants bed. anyways as the dust settled and Grand dad got to his his feet he said now go inside and hide from your dad, because boy he's gonna kill you for this one. it was about then i felt it.... ouch, :blink: and again ouch. :blink: on the back of my neck. then grand dad started.. ouch,ouch, then shit go inside now!!! Its raining ants.. :woohoo: ... yep all i did was kill the dog, destroy Moms Roses and disperse the ants over the entire yard,house,trees,neighbors house and yard and made a hole about 15ft across in the yard right where the doghouse used to be.(I miss that dog) Well dad came home when he saw the flashing lights of the Police and fire departments at the house... and yes he was pist... I didnt die that day but he made me wish i had.... It took me 2 weeks to fill that hole.... And i learned a valuable lesson that day as well.... only 3lbs would do the job... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, onsekone, Gizmo., [*M] bware, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Skyripper

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #153331

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Awesome story Doc, great read. Made me laugh.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #153343

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
There was this one time, at band camp....

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., jacklpe, [DD]Big C, onsekone

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #153913

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162

Dr Dave wrote: when i was but a boy of 7 years i had wondered in to a ant bed, now as you can imagine they were not overly excited about my unannounced visit to their little world and gave me a going over id not soon forget. Well my dad always said if you cant get ahead, get even... :angry: .. so after many attemps to wipe them out and rid our yard of these pest, each having failed to do what i intended, i decided ok its time i nuked them... :evil: .. now i had watched dad make black powder most of my life and felt i to could do this. So i started blending, and before i finished I had made close to 20lbs of black powder. now to get it down their little hole and give them what they deserved. I took a drill and ran the cord out to the nest and started drilling straight down. I used a auger bit my dad used when we put in the new fence. i was able to get about 30" without problem and the hole was about 4" across. i thought man i dont have enough powder for a hole that size, :unsure: so yep i made more,about 20lbs more, as I walked back out there i was thinking this will do nicely... :evil: Man i had no freaking ideal what i was about to do. But do it I would and we'd be rid of those dam ants once and for all, so I dumped 40+lbs of black powder down the hole made a little trail of it as a fuss, and dropped a match to it.... :unsure: I stood thee watching this thing and started thinking...wow 40lbs...thats a lot...maybe i should get back alittle...so I made my ways to the other side of the yard, about 40ft and stood there watching... My Grand dad came around the croner seeing the smoke trail asked me, what you doing boy? I said killing ants, How? Black powder. How much? about 40lbs. :woohoo: At that he grabed me and threw me around the corner of the house just as it went off... :woohoo: :woohoo: At that time i was sure 40lbs was alittle to much as most of that side of the yard became air born... :( I will always miss our dog who was always getting to close to things. And mothers Roses didnt fare to well ether sence they were next to the ants bed. anyways as the dust settled and Grand dad got to his his feet he said now go inside and hide from your dad, because boy he's gonna kill you for this one. it was about then i felt it.... ouch, :blink: and again ouch. :blink: on the back of my neck. then grand dad started.. ouch,ouch, then shit go inside now!!! Its raining ants.. :woohoo: ... yep all i did was kill the dog, destroy Moms Roses and disperse the ants over the entire yard,house,trees,neighbors house and yard and made a hole about 15ft across in the yard right where the doghouse used to be.(I miss that dog) Well dad came home when he saw the flashing lights of the Police and fire departments at the house... and yes he was pist... I didnt die that day but he made me wish i had.... It took me 2 weeks to fill that hole.... And i learned a valuable lesson that day as well.... only 3lbs would do the job... :whistle:

Poor doge! Also this story was a bit depressing. :( . 40lb of powder for an anthill...
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 3 months ago #154065

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

Allied wrote:

Dr Dave wrote: when i was but a boy of 7 years

:

Poor doge! Also this story was a bit depressing. :( . 40lb of powder for an anthill...

The part your missing is that I was then 7 years old and had no real idea how much damage 40 lbs of black powder would do... As for the dog.... I said I missed him... Not liked him... :evil:

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 1 month ago #166704

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
The new car.. A few weeks ago my loving wife decides she wants a new car, ok ill pop, So we go looking, as we try one car after another it doesn't take very long and I'm to the point of ( MAKE UP YOUR MIND WOMEN ) In my mind, I'm was tried not stupid... Anyway she settles on a Toyota Camry it's a nice car has the things she wants and a price I want. Ok we'll take this one, but it's red she says, but that's ok she likes red, some. So I go back to work the next day and she was going to pick up the car same day. About 3pm I get a call from the dealer she hasn't pu the car yet, is everything ok? Hell, I dont know I'm 400 miles away by now, so I give her a call, Sweetie their waiting on you to pick up your car. Oh yeah that.(never a good way to start a conversation) she then goes on to say, well Honda called, they had a BLUE ONE..... :woohoo: ..... But honey we've made the deal with Toyota and all you need to do is sign and drive... Well I paid for this one already and I like it better....(because it's blue).... :angry: Now I have to call Toyota and give em the news. Not a happy camper but it was worked out. Now myself and Toyota thought Honda played from the bottom of the deck but there was nothing to be done right? The next day I get a call from Honda, yes sir I just wanted to let you know the car your wife traded in for the new one. Well sir, As we were driving it across the lot to the used cars the motor blew up.... :ohmy: .... Oh Really? Yes sir, we were wondering if you wanted to help pay for the motor? That's when I most enjoyed our little talk. I said I don't know do you have a Blue one? Needless to say I did Not pay for the motor and that's the first time I've ever gotten the upper hand on a car dealership..... It was sweet......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, jacklpe, [NLR] McFate

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 1 month ago #166938

• NLR wannacut
  • god ride a panhead
  • Thank you received: 50

I chose the screen name wannacut ,, wannacut is the name of a lake in the north part of Washington state ,,in 1913 my great uncle was selling stock in a sanitarium that he an other investor wanted to build at lake wannacut, the deal fell short of the necessity funding, not long after that he inlisted in the medical corp. and lost his life in world war 1,to honor him I chose the name wannacut
]
[img] hthttp://dogfightplay.com/centertobucket.com/albums/d18/MOMbucketII/subsquad_dawn2_zps11b Rank: Junior Boarder Register Date: 15 Jan 2014 Last Visit Date: 1656f.jcentertobucket.com/albumspg[/center]Last Visit Date: 1656f.jcentertobucket.com/albumspg[/img][/center]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., jacklpe, [NLR] McFate, Team Killer., Dunc7

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 1 week ago #175316

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Laredo today. I pulled into the yard and the broader patrol was there. They had 2 men locked in the back of their van. Well this really is not anything new due to we have illegals breaking in to the yard trying to hope a ride north all the time, But this time as the story goes, They had crossed the broader 2 weeks ago and had made their way from Laredo to Memphis TN. That's where their trip took a turn for the worse, they said they decided to hope a ride on another truck trying to make Canada. So they hide on top of the truck under the wind breaker on top of the cub, there their would ride their way to Canada. But on this fateful day the driver was going south not north. They said they could not tell what direction they were going but they knew they were getting there fast because the driver drove straight though nonstop. When he reached the yard our guards spotted them and called the broader patrol who came out to pick them up. The funny part of this is they spent 2 weeks getting as far as Memphis TN from Laredo TX and in one day found themselves Back in Laredo and on their way back to Mexico.... They were both very upset and both blamed the other for their mistake saying it was the other ones ideal..... Was and is very funny..... To me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onsekone, [*M]Skyripper

STORYS......... Do you have one? 9 years 1 month ago #251201

• Team Killer.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kill them all..
  • Thank you received: 329
SNOW, OH HOW I HATE THEE...

when I was just a boy living in west Texas I loved the snow. it would snow one day a year I would wake up and look outside and seeing the snow run out side full of joy to begin work I would clear the entire front yard 1 quarter acre and I would build a 14 inch tall snowman. then as I grew up for some insane reason I started driving trucks today I wake up in Missouri, I look outside across the street and I see two young kids in their front yard with snow shovels they have cleared a area about four feet square and have built a snowman 7 feet tall. I hate those kids, and I hate the snow...
I COULD NOT CARE LESS

Last edit: by Team Killer..

STORYS......... Do you have one? 8 years 6 months ago #298399

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Who knows maybe somebody else has something they would like to share