Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 9 months ago #110671

• Dr Dave.
  • Dr Dave.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Ok all you pups gather around while Dr Dave tells you a story. one time a long long time ago the good Dr Dave took a 4hr drive with BatMan at his side. Yes that winged Avenger himself......well almost... :unsure: .... It was a cold rainy night in Youngstown Ohio I had just picked up a load of paper going to Shity-cargo it was about 3am and i had to fly. as i pulled up onto I-80 i hear a thud!!! :woohoo: ..As i look around trying to see what i had hit i see this brown paper thing stuck flat to the outside on my mirror. I thought nothing of it at first but then i see this tiny claw.... :huh: .... I had been hit by a BAT it was stuck there on the mirror, Well i knew it was dead the impact alone would have killed it, but it got me to thinking, thinking about all the poor critters ive nailed in such fashion over the years. :) ..By time i made Cleveland i was thinking about the time i hit a owl, poor ol hooty, the thing almost came though the windshield.... :woohoo: ..... Totally Wasted that pair of shorts.. :ohmy: .... By time i made Detroit i was remembering a road trip my buddies and i were taking to ElPaso to go check out the........whor.. :huh: .....HORSES... ;) ... thats it we were going after Horses :P Hey i hadn't yet meet MISS DOC ie the BOSS. anyway... as we were running along I-20 out of Pecos Tx we see this snake going cross the road ahead of us. looked to be about a 6ft Rattlesnake so i took aim and BAM Nailed it... :) ....and flipped it right up and into the side window which yes was open in the 100* heat of the day... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: .... Well turns out was only a VERY PIST OFF NOW A 5 1/2 ft BULL SNAKE but hey, I didnt like that car anyway as we all 4 bailed when it cleared the window, the car was his... :whistle: .. and you wouldnt believe how hard asphalt really is at 60... :( ... But by the time i made the Indiana state line i was thinking about Bambi the deer i hit just outside Cuba Mo. WOW what a mess, I was getting passed by another truck we were running about 60 when the truck next to me hit his brakes hard, and in that instant a big ol 6 pointed stepped out from in front of that truck into my path. as i hit him i remember thinking the look on his face was that of relief that he had missed the 1st truck then horror of realizing he wasn't gonna miss the 2nd truck :woohoo: I held firm and it was over in less than a second. $3500 worth of deer meat shoot out the back... :sick: ..to bad that nice lady was following to close behind me.. I bet it took her all day to wash him off her car... :sick: .. anyway by the time i made Shitty-Cargo i was remembering the little brown road guest i had stuck to my mirror, I thought, you know hes come this far and never even asked to stop and pee. I thought id give him a proper burial, He did after all bring back so many fond memories thats the lest i could do, right? So i pulled into the T/A at ex 6 and started rolling down the window, when as i came to a stop he slowly slid down the mirror like ice melting off a window, but when he reached the bottom he didnt fall away he was hanging on.. yep, he was still alive and trying to get his bearings, After a few moments of fluttering without so much as a thanks for the ride, he flew off. Now all the way im thinking this little guys dead, But now im thinking i wonder what HE was thinking all the way... DOES THIS GUY EVER STOP TO PEE??? It makes you wonder. But there it is my trip with BATMAN i hope you enjoyed it...I did.
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Dentinhead, phantom fighter, yakuza, ScreaminEagle, Whiplash, jacklpe, Whosethisguy, BlueDane, Captain Noushbag and 7 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110681

• Flaming Jay
  • Thank you received: 32
I love the story, I want You to tell more :D
[IMG]75r4!-!ILIFFF!-!zrzor45!-!HFJHOSRN-EKDP-HKPM-OLRH-MPONFKIMSIJK!-!72y1nq/40812891-3ed3-4256-bf72-9f41c8722fe7.gif[IMG\]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110691

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210
Nice!

Ready to Die? Good

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110692

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802

Dark Knight wrote: Nice!

You killed batman in cleveland? Well they are filming superman there right now :)
At least superman will live
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110697

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Makes me think of the time my buddy hit a seagull and it stuck to his grill wings spread just like the thunderbird logo but upside down. He didn't want to touch it so he drove around like that for like a week until it fell off. We also once found a flattened squirrel that was quite rigid and in sort of a surprised like pose and we stuck it under a windshield wiper and when you turned them on the squirrel would kinda wave as he smears across the windshield. Or the weirdest one of all...I used to have a Volvo 850 T5-R (Oh it was sweet) anyway it had a power antenna that never made it through the winter with salt and whatnot jamming it up and breaking the cord inside. So I got smart and disconnected the antenna in the winter and thought I would clean it in spring and plug back in the motor. Well I was driving down the highway and there was a bird on the median and it looks at my car and takes flight straight at it! All of a sudden I hear "SCWAK!!!" and the "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" as my radio goes to straight static and I see the bird and my antenna rolling entwined behind my car. I never had an antenna make it a whole year.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., yakuza, Whosethisguy, Gnasher, [NLR] McFate, [DD]Brandon56

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110698

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

Dixieconfederate wrote:

Dark Knight wrote: Nice!

You killed batman in cleveland? Well they are filming superman there right now :)
At least superman will live

No BATMAN lived he just bummed a free ride though Cleveland to Chicago. But last time I saw him he was showing me his *** as if to say next time stop and pee or something would ya. :)

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110704

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE

SnidleyWhiplash wrote: Makes me think of the time my buddy hit a seagull and it stuck to his grill wings spread just like the thunderbird logo but upside down. He didn't want to touch it so he drove around like that for like a week until it fell off. We also once found a flattened squirrel that was quite rigid and in sort of a surprised like pose and we stuck it under a windshield wiper and when you turned them on the squirrel would kinda wave as he smears across the windshield. Or the weirdest one of all...I used to have a Volvo 850 T5-R (Oh it was sweet) anyway it had a power antenna that never made it through the winter with salt and whatnot jamming it up and breaking the cord inside. So I got smart and disconnected the antenna in the winter and thought I would clean it in spring and plug back in the motor. Well I was driving down the highway and there was a bird on the median and it looks at my car and takes flight straight at it! All of a sudden I hear "SCWAK!!!" and the "SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" as my radio goes to straight static and I see the bird and my antenna rolling entwined behind my car. I never had an antenna make it a whole year.

As far as antennas go my buddy Ricky had a old GMC pu he thought it'd look cool with a steal wipe antenna on it, so he put twins it looked great sounded ok but they were ment for CB radios not AM/FM all went along fine till they opened our 1st Sonic drive in, his 1st trip under the awnings and you got it pop goes the lights then snap crackle pop went his radio :woohoo: and we had to set there till someone threw the breaker inside because everytime we touched the door knob we got a joat
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza, [NLR] McFate

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110706

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Whenever i edit or hit reply dr Dave's avatar shows up with the smiley faces?????!??
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]Sputnik

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110708

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
I had that same problem with Paul's one time, I don't know why it happened but I had to uninstall and reinstall game to get it to stop. I'm sorry about it but I don't know what cause it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yose[M]ite

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110727

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

Dixieconfederate wrote: Whenever i edit or hit reply dr Dave's avatar shows up with the smiley faces?????!??

This problem has been discussed already. It's normal and it has happened before to many of us.

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"
The following user(s) said Thank You: yose[M]ite

Memories; My 4hrs with BATMAN... 10 years 9 months ago #110730

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
Dave and Whip u guys are fun-Eeeeeeee!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., Whiplash

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dave 10 years 9 months ago #110837

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
if you have a story of your life that makes you smile share it here if you like. We have all done things that we look back on now and say MAN! WHAT WAS I THINKING? Well if its funny lets hear it. Ill be posting here from time to time myself as these memories come home to visit. after almost 60years i have a few. Do you? ;)

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dav 10 years 9 months ago #110862

• pownage
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • hi all
  • Thank you received: 196
One time when I was like 13 I was riding on the semi truck with my dad we hit a turkey flying across the interstate it made a cloud of feathers and another we went through tennesse the locusts were migrating we went a swarm of them the truck was red originally it got a paint job of green bug guts
Its the final bomb end it now quote from (an aspirant that you all know me )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., yakuza

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dave 10 years 9 months ago #110871

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
KILLING THE MOMENT:

Back when i was 19 (24 years ago)

We were driving slowly through the redwoods one late night after a bonfire under a full moon on the beach. The girl riding with me was a dear sweet friend who could charm the socks off of anyone. Even my stodgy, disapproving parents. She was a strict vegan (except for Ben & Jerry's ice cream) and although she had no pets she was a person who was instantly trusted by any bird, dog or horse.

She seemed physically wounded when we saw an opossum get hit by the car in front of us. As I swerved to miss it, she gasps "Oh! It's suffering! We have to go back!" :pinch: I turn the truck around and come back to the spot to shine my headlights on the poor creature who has climbed into the ditch to die. (ah, if only...)

"You've got to do something!" :blink:

I'm thinking "Oh no... is she gonna insist on taking this 'possum to the vet in the middle of the night?" I don't say a word. I can see her weighing the options. Finally she asks, "Will you put it out of its misery?" Not quite relieved I head into the woods to get something to club it with. We're in a forest of 150 foot redwoods so I quickly find a stout branch thicker than any baseball bat. I walk back to the 'possum who is on his side heaving with slow and heavy breaths. Looking at the truck all I can see are headlights and her beautiful, grief stricken face behind the windshield lit by the dashboard lights. I wind up my swing feeling a little ashamed over the degree of overkill this log presents. I bring it down hard on it's head hoping I dont make a big mess. :(

The thing springs to life and takes an agressive stance! "Hichisssssssssss!" No cat could hiss anything like that opossum did. It made a start towards me but I could see that it's broken body wouldn't do what the adrenaline was demanding. The eyes behind the windshield were as wide as saucers. "Hit it again! Hit it again!" I swung with all the strength I had. I knock it a foot to the side but it holds it's stance like it's gonna kill me with shear hatred. I start beating it over and over until the redwood branch snaps leaving me with a short piece of wood just long enough for a small wood stove. It still won't fall over and it won't stop hissing.

It took a larger piece of wood and about a dozen more whacks before it finally gave up the ghost. When I got back to the truck, my friend was staring straight ahead... quietly she says "that was brutal". It was a silent ride the rest of the way back to her house. When we got there we didn't even turn the lights on, just went to sleep. I spent the night on the couch. :(

(My kids make me tell them that story from time to time)
:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: phantom fighter, Dr Dave., jacklpe, onsekone

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dave 10 years 9 months ago #110890

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
To funny, God know we've all been there with the women we love, They do ask us to do things we'd really rather not do from time to time,,,,,,,heck ALL the time.... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dave 10 years 9 months ago #111777

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
A few years ago we had a tiny pekingese name Cuddles. In his entire life Cuddles never got to be more than 8 pounds and was considered the best lap warmer I had ever known and had the attitude of a ninety pound pit bull and had never been afraid of any noise from down stairs. He would always go and investigate. This being said one night I came home late and in an attempt not to wake my girls I did not turn on any lights or make loud noises as I placed my things in the wash room. As I was putting my things in the washer I could hear the pitter patter of Cuddles feet on the kitchen tiles. As we had said hello this way many times before I thought nothing of sticking my head out the door and saying "Hello Cuddles". At which point CUDDLES FREAKED. He let out a scream like he had just seen the devil itself. It was a scream that could curdle your blood and wake the dead. Now with all of this going on as you can guess my girls were awake now. I could hear my wife walking toward the stairs as Cuddles had begun to run. My wife said later he jumped at her from half a flight away, hitting her in the chest, nearly knocking her to the floor. He was Still screaming I could hear my daughter coming out of her room whom I knew would be packing iron. So I let out a yell "It is ME" rather wait and get shot. About this time the door bell rang, it was my neighbors coming to check on my girls. They could hear the screams from down the block. Joe stated he heard no shots but heard the screams and thought he should check on the girls. Joe and Mark had met in the street and came up together. They had hardly relayed their story to me when the police pulled up because the other neighbors also heard the screams. By time it was all said and done and the circus had left town it was decided from that day forward to the day Cuddles passed away that when I came home after dark I would ring the doorbell before coming in the house. I miss that little guy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, yakuza, [NLR] McFate

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dave 10 years 9 months ago #111854

• onsekone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635

Dr Dave wrote: To funny, God know we've all been there with the women we love, They do ask us to do things we'd really rather not do from time to time,,,,,,,heck ALL the time.... :whistle:

A couple (or ten... who cares) of years ago I was on our hunting cottage with family. It was late fall and we were still a couple of mooses short from our objective. There had been longer cold period but now weather had became warmer making all frosty forest roads useless mud tracks. I was going to use the opportunity to sleep a bit longer one morning.

My dear wedded wife had woke up a bit earlier but suddenly she rushes to bedroom to wake me up. "There are black grouses behind cabin on threetops!"

"So what" I said. "They have right to sit wherever they wish. Let me sleep."

She left just to come back after what felt like 2 minutes but was actually half an hour. And she came with my rifle and a handfull of ammo on other hand. "Now you go to shoot that bird for me!"

"ookay I'll go. Where are my clothes?" "You dont need clothes they are just outside. Go before they leave!" She said and practically pushed me outside.

There was I lying down on wet grass, on my underwear on chilly 4c(or40f) mornig thinking what the hell just happened and wheres that damn bird...

I made that shot and after a couple of days the bird was served on our dinner table. It was a nice bird and a nice memory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Dr Dave., yakuza, [NLR] McFate

EDIT; NAME CHANGED: STORYS OF OUR LIFES by Dr Dave 10 years 9 months ago #111900

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Mrs Dent and I met in the Military while stationed At Bentwaters/Woodbridge in England. I was an A10 mechanic and she was a Bomb builder. The Fella's used to give me such a hard time for never buying Pretty Dent any flower's or really doing anything special for her. The fella's kept telling me she like'd me. With my upbringing I was suprised she'd have anything to do with me. There wasn't a woman out there that could stand me (my thought).
I got sick of being pestered about simple thing's like flowers from the Fellas (very good friends). Sooo I connected with someone that sold these special Party packages. This package had it all, Nurse nighty, some leather, Wig's (Heh Heh, gotta wig in there :) ), soft cuff's, You adult's get the idea there was plenty more in this party package.
Mrs Dent used to deliver munitions to the flight line and knew everyone as I did. I set up the package delivery on the flight line and told everyone I Finally bought Pretty Dent something very special.
Pretty Dent showed up in her Jeep bobtail and unloaded all her munitions and unhooked all her trailers as usual while the whole flight line watched. Pretty dent drove up to me and asked why everyone was watching..(some conversation at that point (29-30 years ago)). At that point there was a pretty big crowd around and the package arrived. Pretty Dent was very suprised and opened the box....The first thing she pulled out hit me right square in the chest....It was manly... :lol: .
Pretty Dent let every cuss word fly in my direction you could imagine... She threw that Bobtail (Jeep) into drive and chased my A^^ all over that flight line. You should have seen the people running and laughing... I don't know how she locked onto me with all the fatigue green everyone was wearing. She was P*&&$@. Yea I was scared, But I thought I love this Gale...She's a Trip... It's been a trip ever since... :)
The end of this story goes like this.... All my friends really liked Pretty Dent, So she rallied the troop's (my friends) They caught me, Held me, She kissed Me and said now throw that Asshole in the water pit...It was damn cold... Winter time...Then I had a nice long walk to the maintenance shack while she followed blowing the horn on her bobtail....
My flight chief and many of the pilot's got to see (and got involved on Pretty Dent's side) the whole show... A memory I'll never forget..
For the First time in my early life I felt I was worth something... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., yakuza, jacklpe, onsekone, [NLR] McFate

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one?ir 10 years 9 months ago #111914

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
thats the kinda storys we need to hear, The memories that make use who and what we are. and who knows maybe even teach these kids theres better ways of meeting that someone than on the internet. I met my wife in a club she was setting across the room with her firends, all were wearing I HATE MEN T-shirts... I couldnt help myself she was after all the prettiest thing Id ever seen, And it was a dam shame for her to setting with THAT HEARD OF BUFFALOS so I made way over to their table I stood there a minute till a food tray past on the other side of the table (I set that up) then I asked her to dance.. :-) To which she said get lost... :-( I could feel every eye in the joint on me and what would I do next. So i looked at her and her friends which by now was done with the food tray and was whatching me... :-0 I admit I started to walk away but something told me i had to stay and fight for this one. So I turned and asked the Uglyest one of the bunch, mam would you like to dance? she shoot up like she'd sat on a tack and said YES.. So we danced I then asked the next one and the next till she was the only one at the table that i had'nt danced with, I gently put out my hand and asked May I have this dance? (It was a slow dance, I'd set it up with the D-J before i started this) The music started to play and I smiled, She smiled, My heart flattered, and she looked me square in the eyes and said, (THIS IS BURNED INTO MY BRAIN FOR LIFE) She said I told you to get lost..... :-( You could have heard a pin drop the place went totally quiet.... As I stood there pondering my next move she got up to leave. I said why? She said because i like you???? Now Im confused as was every one else. So I asked may I walk you to your car? with that I got my yes, And as soon as we got outside and away from her friends she said they hate men because they get one, I said if they'd lighten up alittle they could.(WRONG THING TO STAY WHEN ALL HER FRIENDS ARE FAT)(and ugly) But we got past it with alittle time and talk (YES THERE WAS GROVELING INVOLVED) But long story short, She was fresh outta of abusive marriage and I made her a deal she couldnt refuse. To live the rest of days alone or to marry me and be treated like a Queen.... She took her time but finally said ok Queen it'll be. And its been the best 20+yrs of my life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, jacklpe, onsekone, YEMX

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one?ir 10 years 9 months ago #112103

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Good Story Dr. Dave. :)
Reminds me of what I consider my first date with Pretty Dent. I was at the NCO club with many friends and talking about This Hottie in the mini skirt. Can't repeat what I was saying or thinking... I alway's had two double vodka's mixed with grapefruit (I don't know the damn drinks name) in my hand's, One to down and the other to sip. When the sipper was gone I'd get two more. I downed the downer and started sipping the sipper and talking with my friends about that mini skirt. One of my friends had left and it was time to get to the bar for the downer and sipper... I got back to my group of friends and there was alot of whispering and laughing going on as my other friend had returned before me.. I was feeling left out. I was usually in on the laughing and joking. This was different. They were talking amongst themselves. I wasn't included.
As I was standing there feeling lonely I was spun around and sucker punched, drinks went flying and I spun to the floor. First thought, I'm about to get my a** kicked and I don't even know why. I figured I better get up and get started. I looked up and There was that skirt :blush: . She was chewing my A77 and I was bewildered. The only thing I could mutter was "Ya wanna dance". Pretty Dent shut up and we danced.
Mrs Dent doesn't remember why she hit me (she was tipsy). I alway's figured My friend went and told her everything I had said. It was all about her and in my book was all good too :) .
I walked her to her dorm room that night and half way there by the woodbridge school she started saying OHHHH look the moon, It's sooo fullll and beautiful tonight... I laughed my Butt off.... Gets pretty foggy in england and this was one of those night's.... I was laughing so hard and kept trying to tell her it was a lamp post. To this day she denies it... LAMP POST....LMAO...
I got her to her dorm room and put her in bed. Left and went to my own room. Was never the type to take advantage... Yer right Dr. Dave some of the best memories we had to work for..... :lol:
My apologies for bringing Mrs Dent into this again.... :)
Your Story (Dr. Dave), Sparked this memory.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., YEMX, Captain Noushbag

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one? 10 years 9 months ago #112123

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
No apologies needed dent im happy to hear about her. Its funny how life can be taking you along for a ride then outta no where a pertty face snaps you back to reality and the next thing yoou know your happier than you ever dreamed.Thats my Gloria, I tell people I cut her from the herd but the truth is, she picked me. :) I would have played the loto that night if they had one back then because it was my lucky day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one?ir 10 years 9 months ago #112124

• Flaming Jay
Most of my stories are sad, and a lot of people know them, and they want me to shut up about them, I will not post a story, unless told to do so. But I love Your guy's stories!
[IMG]75r4!-!ILIFFF!-!zrzor45!-!HFJHOSRN-EKDP-HKPM-OLRH-MPONFKIMSIJK!-!72y1nq/40812891-3ed3-4256-bf72-9f41c8722fe7.gif[IMG\]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Dr Dave., jacklpe

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one? 10 years 9 months ago #112130

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Its all good Jay, We all have our painful storys as well as the good ones, Its the good ones you want to focus on. The bad things in life can and do fade in time but the good stuff,,,,ahhhh thats why its called the good stuff.. It stays good for a life time. So if you have something you'd like to share please feel free theres no judges here. just friends
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, jacklpe

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one? 10 years 9 months ago #112131

• Flaming Jay

Dr Dave wrote: Its all good Jay, We all have our painful storys as well as the good ones, Its the good ones you want to focus on. The bad things in life can and do fade in time but the good stuff,,,,ahhhh thats why its called the good stuff.. It stays good for a life time. So if you have something you'd like to share please feel free theres no judges here. just friends

Thanks Dr. Dave! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Dr Dave.

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one? 10 years 9 months ago #112142

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228
Nice Dent, enjoyed reading that...sounds like the only thing missing was karaoking to "you lost that lovin feeling" Your story sparked up a memory I've been trying to forget for 20 years. The year is '94, Highschool senior year prom...I've had my eyes on her like a fly on shh stink. She was a hottie and grew on me like she was a colony of Ecoli and I was room-temperature Canadian beef. After many a failed attempts, I finally built up the courage to walk up to her. The bell had rung just minutes before and she was standing there by the stairway, a streak of light dazzling from the skylight window above and glistening her golden blonde hair like a nose hair after a sneeze. She was talking to a mutual friend and this was my opportunity. Time had stood still and those ten or so steps seemed like an eternity as I made my way towards her. I could hear my heart thump like thunder and she must have heard it too because she turned her head in slow motion like a model in a vidal sassoon commercial and gave me a smile that could melt Antarctica..that was all the green light I needed. We talked for what seemed like a solid 7 seconds but I had a plan...I was going to pop the question in a hail mary fashion and run...but that's when when it all happened. It was allergy season. I had been sniffling like a wretched orphan all day. All the excitement had worked up my nerves and like a busted fire hydrant, I sneezed all over her. Covered her entire head in mucus and slime like a scene from "Alien" It was an ungodly amount, to the extent which seemed biologically impossible to come out of a human being.. rather impressive actually. I stood there in stupor as she screamed like a banshee. They had to call the men in white hazmat suits as this was no cleanup job for the school janitor. I'm not sure whose scarred more but if you're reading this Betsy, please stop calling me sneeze-bag already!

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dentinhead, Dr Dave., jacklpe, YEMX

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one? 10 years 9 months ago #112154

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
I like that, my 1st attempt didn't go that bad but it was baaaaaad, Was the early 70's and bell bottoms were in, unfortunately when a young man got a little over excited they tended to look as though he was carrying around a pup tent to. :( I almost didnt get to graduate with my class over that stunt. was very embarrassing....To this day.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Captain Noushbag

STORYS OF OUR LIFES. Do you have one? 10 years 8 months ago #113254

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
LET ME SET THE STAGE HERE. IT WAS THE LATE 60's, My cousin Angie her brothers Jack and John. The cats (no names) and SNOW FLAKE ...... The Meanest Dog to have ever walked the earth. and there was one person on the rock that dog would let near it.... that was cousin Angie.. She could pet him sit on him play with him walk him, she could do ANYTHING with him as long as other people were not a part of it. That dog loved her like satans spawn...

This is cousin Angie...

and yes she will shoot you......just ask her 1st husband......(acquitted)

Anyway, It was summer and we were on vacation. where dad always took us on vacation. we went to work the farm... :( Well anyway, This year Angie had some new cats,,,not kittens,,CATS... and then SNOWFLAKE. now John and Jacky were two boys that didn't then and don't now have a lick sense between them... These boys had been telling Angie all day they was gonna get them cats and do bad things to em, well this cousin Angie didn't like. And anyone with any sense would have yielded the warning, but not these two, oh nooooooo they just had to push her buttons. They took these cats and tied them together with bailing wire then threw them over a hot wire and stood back and laughed as the cats tired to kill each other. This didn't set well with cousin Angie, when she came home and found one dead and one dieing. now understand when cousin Angie gets mad at you, you'll NEVER KNOW when or where or how she's gonna get even. all you know is she will... these 2 cracker heads knew this to, but thought it funny to kill her cats anyway. Angie came home found her beloved cats, laid them to rest and started cooking dinner... didn't say a word...... EVERYBODY knew hell was on its way and those two boys were in its path. This went on for about 4days and she never said a word...to anyone...just snowflake... and watching this you'd believe snowflake understood every word as he'd cut his eye's from one of us to the other... Then on the night of the 5th day as we slept HELL ARRIVED.... Now this room was small and had only one door, one way in and one way out, and one window between the beds. jacky was in one bed next to me and john in the other next to my brother Roger both of these boys were against the walls with me and Roger in the middle. About 3am I hear something that sounded like someone clearing their throat. it was very faint not much more than a whisper. Roger and I both opened our eyes and looked at each other and lay still where as Jacky and John set straight up as if they had been hit with a red hot polker... now i could see john and Roger could see jacky behind me these boys looked towards the foot of the bed and there stood Angie....FRYING PAN IN HAND.... HELL had arrived with all its fury and was standing at the foot of the bed.. now it was about then john looked at that open window between the beds and back at jacky then back at Angie, then back at the window. At that moment Angie cleared her throat again, Both boys shot up from the bed and made a dash for the open window as if surely safety loomed just out side, one only had to out run the other one. As they scurried to get out before the other one they failed to realize Angie wasn't chasing them. no she had something else in mind for these two, as they cleared the window, Much to their horror they discovered Angie had locked both front and back gates with padlocks so they couldn't get out and coincidentally nether could Snowflake..Thats right she had put that evil dog in the walk way just outside our window and locked the gates.... Now as Roger and I lay there knowing what evil awaits us outside that window because we could hear and see these boys trying and crying to get back up to the window to get back inside away from Snowflake(aka SATANS SPAWN) whom I'm guessing was not expecting company at that late hour.... I looked at Roger as he raised one finger over his month and said shhhhhhh don't move..... as i lay there thinking so this is how it ends a frying pan to the head....Cousin Angie walks up to the window looks outside, gently closes the window looks at me and says must be a storm blowing in, its getting nosey out there. then turned and went back to her room and got ready for bed.. They had to get Angie to pull snowflake off these boys and then they each got about 100 stitches each and one lost a nutt (retrieved and replaced) But from that day on I was in love with my cousin Angie even if I was afraid to tell her. and those boys. They never did learn to leave her pets alone but that was a very exciting summer trip to the farm and one i love telling about. If you have a story I'd love to hear it..... Thanks for watching, till next time....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

STORY TIME..... Do you have one? 10 years 8 months ago #113985

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Did I ever tell you kids about the time the Monkeys escaped the laboratory where they were experimenting on them? and no. there was no spanking going on.. :evil: .... When I was working for a company hauling crude oil we had to pick it up in the field at the well sites. Now I was working a split shift of 12 on 12 off 6 days a week. The other driver would work 12 then i would use the same truck to work my 12hrs now some of these sites paid very good money like the canon lease it paid $230 a load and you could pull 5 loads in a 12 hr shift but most of them came off at night. Now my, lets call him a co-driver. Loved that run because the money was good so he would leave me little gifts like a flat tire or busted hoses(that we used to transfer the oil from tank to truck) these had to be fixed before you could start your shift and it only paid $5 to fix a flat or a hose, and could take up to 3hrs to do.... Now this guy was afraid of almost everything at night especially out there in the fields where your alone like at 2 or 3 am and theres always wild dogs barking in the distance and things moving around in the brush. there was only light if you brought it with you. ie; A Flashlight or the trucks headlights or something. Anyway, One day some one started a rumor that the Monkeys had escaped from the labs that were only 6 miles or so from the canon lease and that they had attacked a pumper on the canon lease over the weekend. Well it was my co-drivers week to work nights.... :whistle: ..... I had taken some reflective tape out in the brush and placed it so when you pulled up on the lease your headlights hit them and when the wind blew they would dance...like monkeys....this went on all week, He'd report it and turn down the loads and I'd have to go pick them up on the day shift. ($$$$) I was a happy camper :) everytime he left me a flat I'd leave him some tape in the brush and I'd make money and he went broke...... So if you have a job to do dont pass it off on the next guy,,,, He knows how to hurt you where it counts $$$
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥

STORYS......... Do you have one? th 10 years 8 months ago #115841

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
PISTOLS ACROSS THE RIO GRAND; When I was about 21 my buddy's and I decided we'd take a trip to fish the Rio Grand. My family was friends with every doctor in town so it wasnt hard to find one with a deer lease down there, Now ol Doc told us to be careful because there were some Mexicans that would shoot at you from across the river when they get drunk. We just smiled and said thats ok doc we'll shoot back... :).. little did we know.... Anyway, we made it down there that Friday night about 7pm, set up camp just below Zapata Texas just off the river about 100ft or so. Now as soon as the fire was going the beer came out. It was in the mid 90's so the cold beer hit the spot...a lot of spots...by midnight we were wasted..:( The next morning we had our fire going again and was hitting the beer again to ease the hang-overs :-( now we had noticed the other camp on the mexican side of the river last night but thought nothing of it. Our mistake. because as we stared cooking we could hear a pop,pop,pop from across the river, no big deal, till we hear a pop then bang! as the bullet hit the coffee pot setting on our fire, This made us take notice we were being shot at. Now back then there were no cell phones and you still got your mail by going to the mail box or post office so calling for help was not a question here, No it was time to defend ourselves and that we did. we started grabbing rifles and pistols and returned fire which by now was coming in heavy had it not been for Ricky truck being parked between us and them i feel sure one or more of us would have been hit. As we started fireing the mexicans took cover behind their trucks, that was fine with us so we started putting rounds in them and their truck and they in to Ricky's truck till both sides were out of rifle ammo, Now keep in mind we were ALL DRUNK. both sides.WASTED... Anyway as we ran out of ammo this Big mexican feller steps out from behind their truck with 2 pistols and starts going all Clint Eastwood on us with a pistol in each hand, click bang, click bang till we hear click snap! thats when Ricky (Mad over his truck being shot up) steps out from behind ours with 12 gauge and cuts loose with both barrels.... now this Mexican feller took on this deer in the headlights look when he realized he'd been had.. The bird shot Ricky gave him covered him from head to toe.. He feel back and made a dash for cover but had all ready been peppered by then, about then one of buddy fired a shot the bounced off the tail gate of our truck hitting me in the leg at mid caff, went in about an inch,hurt something awful so we started shooting again with pistols I hit one mexican in the side when it bounced from under their truck and Ricky got one in the leg when bounced off a rock. Ray took one in the arm but only hit the soft tissue and didnt go in deep just under the skin. We shot at one another for about 2hours all together with pistol and shotguns till we found ourselves at the rivers edge throwing rocks at each other from across the river (which was only 50 to 100 ft wide there) As we went this endeavor throwing rocks and exchanging curse words across the river both sides finally wore their selves out as the heater hit 100 degrees we all just sat on the rivers edge exchanging glares and finger gestures it was suddenly to hot for much more. Now picture if you will 8 men 4 on each side sitting on a rivers bank across from each other having just tired killing one another and failing miserably we now could only stare at each other. then Ray drags the cooler over and we start popping tops on the cold beer, Now the mexicans apparently didnt have any more ice or beer but they did have Tequila.... now if you've ever been shot before then you know beer just wont do it when you start digging the bullets out. But Tequila works real well ;) so as we set there drinking Ricky goes over the waters edge and yells over You wanta trade? they reply is it cold? yep. 1 6pack for a bottle? make it 2 and its a deal. So we made the trade via a long rope and a little luck..... Now I can look back on all this now and smile because 3 of the mexicans we on the other became good friends in time and up till 5 years when Hector past away we would meet up at the same spot and fish and tell stories of our lives and of the kids and wife's Now of all the people there that day so many years ago I am the last and i still think back on that day not as a day of hate and spite but rather a day when 8 people came together, tired to kill each other and chose to become friends instead...... You just never know how things will end....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., yakuza, ¥M4rtin¥, [*M]bhfoust, [NLR] McFate

STORYS......... Do you have one? 10 years 8 months ago #115864

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
I have an interesting fishing story too. So a couple of years ago, we were night fishing in a remote part on the ocean side of the eastern shore. It's fishing, I don't need to say it, but we were more than a little intoxicated. We were on a small 19' fishing boat that was cross tied to our anchors at bow and stern. And sure, this is a great idea if youre fishing in calm water, but a 5 foot wave comes up, and smacks us right on the starboard side. Because of the boats small size, it capsized, and all 8 of us are flung into the water. The guy who owned the boat called the coast guard, but since he didnt know our exact position, they couldn't immidiatly get us, they would have to search. About and hour later, of 8 drunk men hanging on a capsized boat, with land on the horizon, a coast guard helicopter comes within 3/4 of a mile of where we are. They couldn't see us because of the rough seas, but they would definitely see the flares still inside the boat. So, the guy who owns the boat decides to go under and try to get them. So he goes under, and the rest of us wait for him to resurface. We wait for 3 or 4 long minutes and he doesn't come up. At this point, we realize someone needs to look for him. Another guy does, and he goes underwater, and finds the owner entangled in a bunch of fishing lines under the boat. Thank God that there was that air bubble inside a capsized boat, but it was going to be hard to get him out of 8 invisible fishing lines. So, we tried to cut them with a knife, but with the pitch of the water and the zero visiblity under the boat, they had no success. So, finally, the guy cut all the lines wrapped around his body, but the rest were around his bathing suit. So, he had to take off his bathing suit, and resurface naked. By this time, its about 12-1 at night, and the coast guard has no idea where we are since they can't see us. We sat in that water for 7 more hours! (Do you know how long 7 hours is when you think you're going to die?) But, finally, with the help of sunlight, they found us (naked man and all) and took us back to shore. Atleast no one was hurt, and because it took us so long to be rescued, we were sober by the time they got there, and couldn't arrest any of us.
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., yakuza, ¥M4rtin¥, [*M]bhfoust

Last edit: by [DD]Big C.
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds