Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 month ago #75212

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866

doughens wrote: Coop. Im glad to see your input in the history. Congratulations coop. :). I was not aware of that between you and 420 but that was so cool. :)

Btw is 420 in NLR or MOM? Just wondering.

That was one of those inter-squadial marriages. Totally socially acceptable here in case anyone was wondering. Yeah their kids would turn out kinda interesting-looking though. Hopefully they'd take after ma's flying skills! (Doh Coop!)
Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 month ago #75213

• [*M]coop
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Sua Sponte"
  • Thank you received: 2949

Manfred wrote:

doughens wrote: Coop. Im glad to see your input in the history. Congratulations coop. :). I was not aware of that between you and 420 but that was so cool. :)

Btw is 420 in NLR or MOM? Just wondering.

That was one of those inter-squadial marriages. Totally socially acceptable here in case anyone was wondering. Yeah their kids would turn out kinda interesting-looking though. Hopefully they'd take after ma's flying skills! (Doh Coop!)
Manfred

Lol you couldn't be more correct brother....lol but as far a true killing skills im deadly. ..past military training

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 month ago #75215

• pownage
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • hi all
  • Thank you received: 196

coop wrote: Ahhhh I must say you are not the first dog fight to married in DF but on 24 June 2012 my lovely bride strolled down the deck of the east carrier and the lovely 420 and I coop (was not Lt. then) tied the knot the service was preformed by none other mbizzi (he wasn't absolution then either) my best man was Achmed and about 4 others in attendance .so I congratulate you both from 420 and myself .live long and prosper my invisible friends

next objective get someone one of top of duckwing mtn
Its the final bomb end it now quote from (an aspirant that you all know me )

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 month ago #75218

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460

coop wrote: Ahhhh I must say you are not the first dog fight to married in DF but on 24 June 2012 my lovely bride strolled down the deck of the east carrier and the lovely 420 and I coop (was not Lt. then) tied the knot the service was preformed by none other mbizzi (he wasn't absolution then either) my best man was Achmed and about 4 others in attendance .so I congratulate you both from 420 and myself .live long and prosper my invisible friends

You're now aware of the wedding on the boat.
Now SEE & experience the honeymoon cruise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, ¥M4rtin¥

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 month ago #75243

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Thanks, Jacob, this is a grand idea. Think I'll seize on the opportunity to gush...

With so many people of character in Dogfight it's difficult, as Pedrinho said, to narrow a personal list to just a few. So I won't;

Jasmine/420 - As good a player as this game will ever boast, and an even better person, Jas is always willing to mentor younger players, particularly the few female players - a number which it seems to me is growing, and happily so - and as we've grown to know each other my respect and affection have grown exponentially.

Coop - What's left to be said about Lt. DJ that hasn't already been said a hundred times? He and Dent are not only the twin aortas that power the heart of M.O.M, they function as the same for the entire Dogfight community. I'm proud to call them comrades, prouder still to call them friends.

Dentinhead - see above. Dent is a model of self-deprecation despite his astonishing skill. No ego, just genuine heart. To know Dent is to love Dent.

Mad - Anthony; the soul of integrity but without the humorlessness that sometimes accompanies it. A lovely chap of stand-up moral fiber and tremendous humor.

Ronnie Biggs - One of the great bits of good fortune that have befallen me in this game has been coming to know this remarkable man. He's played long and fiercely under various names, we got off to a tumultuous start, and the lesson I've learned from him about not trusting first impressions or jumping too quickly to too sure conclusions has been enormously important in life as in Dogfight. Had we not worked our way through the rough spots I would not now be privileged to know the vibrant, questioning mind and indefatigable spirit of someone whose friendship and respect I value immeasurably.

Pedrinho - No, not just because he listed me! Ped has the gift of a gentle, open heart combined with a uniquely clear eyed view of the truth of a situation when all others around him (including me) are behaving like dopes. He's also that rarest of things these days, a devoted, doting family man. Worldly wise, loving, funny, good natured...if that doesn't warrant a gold plane I don't know what does!

SheiBe Kopf - A guy couldn't wish for a better co-conspirator than Chet. A game couldn't wish for a better representative. If I dropped dead tonight I know M.O.M would hum on without a blip with Herr Kopf at the helm. Chet, Coop and Brian all sold me on the fact that you can, in reality, make real friends in a daffy little video game.

Luna - If Dogfight possesses one player who fills me with hope for a bright future - in the world, not in the game - this gifted, articulate, introspective, sensitive young person is that player. Her expansive imagination is infectious. How many players do you know who'll request to be shot down then just "see what might develop"? Walking up a mountain to "see what happens" in our little game is microcosmic of what we can expect from Luna. I expect to be bragging up the fact that I knew her when.

How does a list like this get posted without acknowledging the brilliant humor of Bopes (humor, if inventive, goes a longer distance with me than almost anything. Bopes has it by the buckets full.)...or Big Tex (as articulate, erudite and sage as a friend and comrade could be)...or Kevy, the falcon all falcons should look to as an example, or my Brit brother from another mother Flying Muck...

They each enrich this game and my world every day.

Paul Mantz, Jr. ... your value extends so far beyond the boundaries of Dogfight. All the people who've posted here deserve praise, as do all those I've listed in this post...and every one of us can learn something about strength, courage, compassion, humor and kindness from you. You have the endless generosity, balance, beneficence, insight we all should aspire to. If there's one "gold plane" to be awarded it's yours, hands down.

Thanks again for launching this, Jacob. A Karma click up from me, my Moderator compadre.

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: *420*, BStrachan, [*M]coop, Dentinhead, [NLR]Jacob10000, Big Tex, SheiBe Kopf, Paul Mantz, Jr., ParrotHead, YEMX and 4 other people also said thanks.

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 month ago #75254

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Optimist, because there's no use in anything else
  • Thank you received: 1180
Wig,
The privilege is all mine. I have pm'd plenty of fan mail to you so I will not embarass you in public. No Coop, I'm not a dangerous stalker so don't get any violent Ranger ideas. There is one pilot of mine you have not met - Mrs Malaprop. She's a good flyer but talks rubbish. She said she feels like a fish out of hell in Dogfight. She is a big fan of yours, especially your self-defacating humour. She asked why Simmo thought he was an escape-goat - because he was foolhardly trying to be the devil's avocado?
Enjoy
RB
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, Big Tex, Wigbomb, Paul Mantz, Jr., ParrotHead, Richyroo

Official goldlist thread 11 years 4 weeks ago #75524

• [*M]coop
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Sua Sponte"
  • Thank you received: 2949
Well my vote goes to....me ...lol just kidding im not vain really well biggs im giving my vote to you brother ...why you ask ...I don't know because that's why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo, Ronnie Biggs

Official goldlist thread 11 years 4 weeks ago #75526

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you Coop. I would love to give you another Karma, but I've heard that if you go over 100 you will be transported into another dimension. I've seen the Matrix trilogy, and I dont think your Albatross will perform very well against the Machines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, Wigbomb

Official goldlist thread 11 years 3 weeks ago #76870

• skunkoil
  • Thank you received: 97
I've been playing for 2 months now and have really learned a lot from a bunch of the fine folks in the air and on the forum, but if I had to choose only one that really stands out from the crowd, it would have to be DENTINHEAD.

My first encounter with Dentinhead was my second week of playing. I'd pretty much memorized the top 25 aces list and was terrified to see his name in front of me! (I was/am terrified of them all and pretty much anyone sporting a squadron tag, especially MOM). Well my terror didn't last too long because about the time I saw his name, tracers came out of it and I was back to the spawning grounds. There were three of us noobs going at him and he brought us down in turn, 1-2-3. We respawn and go at him again, and again, and again and down we go, 1-2-3. The rest of the noobs finally quit, but I stubbornly kept at him, (about 20 times or more).

Well after the second time he shot me down, as I was respawning, I saw a message offering advise on how to do better in the head-to-head from Dent. Same with all the following respawns - another hint, more advice, some encouragement. He was totally helping us try to shoot him down! Not only that, but I also noticed with every respawn he was waiting later and later before he fired. The first time the tracers just came out of the name somewhere, then I saw a very small dot under the letters, then a bigger dot and it quit maneuvering, then a small plane, and a bigger one. He wasn't just teaching me how to shoot him down, he was trying to make it easier and easier.

Finally the big moment; using all his advice and with him holding still and practically on top of me, one magic bullet finally hit him and brought him down! We both know it was a very lucky shot, but he acted as if it was the greatest feat ever. "Great job! All skill! That was perfect!" Pure bunk, but I appreciated the encouragement from one of the greats.

Sorry for the long story, but I just cant say enough about one of the highest ranking pilots here taking the time to teach us noobs how to go about killing him, encouraging and helping us all the way, and serving as an inspirational example of how to play the game fairly and honorably -- and humbly.

We'd all be better people if we followed the DENTINHEAD example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Dentinhead, [NLR]Jacob10000, SheiBe Kopf, Jimboslice27, Wigbomb, Paul Mantz, Jr., Claygod, ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead and 2 other people also said thanks.

Official goldlist thread 11 years 3 weeks ago #76885

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
And a karma for skunk!
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skunkoil

Official goldlist thread 11 years 3 weeks ago #76892

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
STINKY: You are absolutely correct about his unselfish and caring nature. He is very humble as well.
Therefore, a secret video was made when he read your comments.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, ¥M4rtin¥, skunkoil

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Official goldlist thread 11 years 3 weeks ago #77076

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Hey Skunk, that was one of those game's I could take some time and try to help. I saw you stick it out and texted, You responded and it went from there..... That shot was skill..... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: skunkoil

Official goldlist thread 11 years 3 weeks ago #77078

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Hey Paul, First time anyone's seen a Jack-A-Donkey Line Dance, Huh? :cheer: .....

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

Official goldlist thread 11 years 3 weeks ago #77189

• Luna
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
I played a few games with B last night... always a good time! Thanks for not totally wrecking my K/D with your mad MORAF skills. :P

Do 31's get some kind of passive force-field technology? Lolz

Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb

Official goldlist thread 11 years 2 weeks ago #77384

• Jack fighter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 438
I would like to nominate Eas. We played a btb game earlier today on opposing sides, when our Falcon left ( sorry can't remember who ), things became very one sided. After bombing our hangars Eas pinned me and my teammate ( an aspirant ) to the runway, while directing his team to bomb the rest. This seemed to last for ages, and to say we were struggling would seriously overestimate how well we were doing. Eas became increasingly frustrated at his teams lack of bombing skill, and could have done 1 of 2 things. 1. Beat us on his own, or 2. Left the game. What he did was log off, then log back on, on our team. He then went up the other base and destroyed all the hangars.

So a big thank you for the win, and inspiring 2 guys to stick at it whatever the odds, because you never know what might happen.

Official goldlist thread 11 years 2 weeks ago #77411

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

Luna6 wrote: I played a few games with B last night... always a good time! Thanks for not totally wrecking my K/D with your mad MORAF skills. :P

Do 31's get some kind of passive force-field technology? Lolz

Attachment not found

Lol I just found out that if ur on ur ship and its blue. If u put breaks on u can't be killed :woohoo:

Official goldlist thread 11 years 2 weeks ago #77418

• BlueDane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 291
I nominate a guy called rainer72

He was in this game from the start and stuck it out right to the bitter end, massively out ranked and outnumbered, he never gave up.

Good spirit dude..
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., Richyroo

Official goldlist thread 11 years 1 week ago #80142

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I would like to nominate Blue Dane, not for his mediocre flying skills and good manners, but for saving me from English Football oblivion, loneliness and humiliation. You see, through a chance comment on the thread, he discovered my (diminishing) loyalty to one of the most tragic football teams on the planet. Portsmouth FC is one of the oldest teams in English football and has, even in recent history, ridden high on success and profitability in the Premier League. Now it is languishing at the bottom of England's second league and will soon be bankrupt. Blue Dane is also a supporter. He has reminded me to dry my eyes, toughen up and ride out the storm. So, go Pompey! And thank you Dane.
Ronnie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo, BlueDane

Official goldlist thread 10 years 11 months ago #91461

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • [NLR]Jacob10000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1711
I got a gold star here for Kestrel. Had a few great games with and against him, it was just as fun playing on either side. Thanks for the good times bud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, Ronnie Biggs, Gnasher, Acegirl

Official goldlist thread 10 years 11 months ago #91468

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Thank u jacob. Was some good games. We never did c who could get more kills, we kept tieing lol. And thank u for considering me for a gold star. It means alot.
But i cant accept this star. There r others more deserving than me.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

Last edit: by tKestrel old.

Official goldlist thread 10 years 11 months ago #91471

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • [NLR]Jacob10000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1711
Once it is stuck it stays. At least until it wears off, I used better adhesive than the star stickers most are used to. As for others they will get their stars in due time. I just gave Paul 5 whole sheets, lol its to hard to keep up with all his stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., tKestrel old

Official goldlist thread 10 years 11 months ago #91473

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Well sir it means a lot thank u.

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #99247

• Gnasher
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • It's today that counts
  • Thank you received: 563
I nominate Policeman 1. He helped me turn around a ctc, outnumbered and unorganised until we teamed up. Already a promising pilot in my little book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronnie Biggs

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #99300

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I nominate Manfred the Merciful

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #99335

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Ronnie Biggs wrote: I nominate Manfred the Merciful

I second that nomination if for some reason he wasn't already nominated! he should have a whole box of stars by now
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #99359

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SnidleyWhiplash wrote:

Ronnie Biggs wrote: I nominate Manfred the Merciful

I second that nomination if for some reason he wasn't already nominated! he should have a whole box of stars by now

I third it. He deserves a whole truck load of gold stars for all he does.

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #100509

• Dale Earnhardt #3
  • Thank you received: 9
I am sooooooooo sorry, I men't to hit + karma but i hit - karma soooooooo sorry. I think this is a great idea. I will give + karma three more times. :)

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #102455

• BlueDane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 291
OK, I'm adding a new one

Zander Hawke

Definately know the name but can't recall flying with or agaist him before.

Spawned into a BTC game last night with him as a blue, we were on the wrong end of a 5v3 and it soon became a 5v2 and stayed that way for an awfully long time
This guy is some pilot. Good kill count - put mine to shame and i might add ""bombing too"".

Zander
1) Thanks for carrying
2) Thanks for killing
3) Thanks for not quitting

We held out for a long long time before a few left, a few joined and finally YEM and his tank got the better of us

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZandorHawke, Dr Dave., YEMX, Mmiller26, Gnasher

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #102546

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
Wow! Thank you Blue! "Back at you" - if I can quote you from last night. (Plus some Karma).

Enjoyable game and it was great flying with you. Nice to know I could leave a tank while on a bombing run and you would clean it up. Great playing against YEMX and Sergio, too.

I think the kill count was inflated because they would get so close to the carrier (with us being out numbered) that they would tank. I do remember a killing spree on tanks in the middle of that game that was quite unique.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlueDane

Official goldlist thread 10 years 10 months ago #102548

• Heavy aviator
  • Thank you received: 46
I'd like to add Sonic to the list. During a BTC today we had a spawn that included 5 top flyers, plus Sonic against 1. Sonic left the game and re-entered as a Red player making a 6 v 1 a 5 v 2. When asked why he simply stated he didn't think the odds were fair. He was right. If I can figure out how to I will send a Karma your way Sonic....Class Act!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., Whiplash, sonic boom120

Time to create page: 0.663 seconds