Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35814

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
My school is poor and cheap.It is the best school in county but they take regular buses on two hour trips whem my cousins in SC charter a bus for 45 minute trip.This year we finally get a charter bus for a 3 hour trip.They always let us bring devices on the bus.Better not be a cheap charter bus.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35820

• McMillion
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • My Eyes Set High
  • Thank you received: 24
I'm so glad I'm out of high school....gah. We used to set off stink bombs and stuff all the time. Good times. Good luck everyone. Education must come first!
My Eyes Set High.

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35826

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
We get laptops too, and ipads. We dont have sales tax either calvin

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35830

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 151
Well, our school wimps out on cleaning the cafe courtyard which is littered with molted feathers and dropped food but it's money comes from the fact that it is two football addicted cities, one highschool, our stadium is almost spacious enough for 10000+ peoplr, and every football game is acompanied by complete shutdown of both cities almost.
So that's where we get our money, and then there's the $5-$20 dollars for dances and other things
But most funds go to football, our jumbotron is second largest in All of Texas's highschools with a
Massive width of 60 feet or so, only Beaumont's is bigger, by ONE INCH or so, you can see our stadium pressbox from the rainbow bridge
Of course the local Gas refineries also do a lot of our funding.

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35833

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
We get laptops, we get to bring them home until we have to send them back at the end of the year, but to help fund, our school has inflated costs for even minor repairs ( I.e. the school charges $10 or $15 for a $5 repair )

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35834

• Luna
  • Luna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1516
My school gives us tablets instead of texbooks. It actually saves a lot; a person with, say, 5 textbooks, would have at LEAST $300 worth of school supplies, but a tablet that can hold huge amounts of text + other educational features, would only cost $200.

Its a brand-new school, too. I'm in its first senior class. :silly:

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35836

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Yeah our school has net books
And I carry a variety of usbs(4) from 5gb to 64gb :unsure:

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35846

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460

Luna6 wrote: My school gives us tablets instead of texbooks. It actually saves a lot; a person with, say, 5 textbooks, would have at LEAST $300 worth of school supplies, but a tablet that can hold huge amounts of text + other educational features, would only cost $200.

Its a brand-new school, too. I'm in its first senior class. :silly:

The first year in the new school! Not many people get to say that!
Your class will set the standards for years to come. Are they/you ready for the responsibility?

Investment hint: Buy annuals. Get signatures and basic/general comments. Learn how to preserve books. Sell slowly at reunions over the years. At your 50th. You can retire on the last few. Remember, your fellow students will have been making $.
I have a feeling that you won't need the $ and can give it back to YOUR school.

The best of luck to you. ALL of you!

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35908

• killerbadger
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38
i go back on the 7th

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35916

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My last year of middle school was in a new school.
You know it's getting closer to school when your dream is school based, yeah. I. Hate. School. Eight hours I could be using for acheivement hunting on xbox.
My dad was an RN at UTMB in Galveston on the night shift when they'd play pranks on each other like sending each other's shoes around in those tubes you see at pharmacy and bank drivethroughs when you're not in the lane right next to the window or injecting people's reece's cups with 3cc's of linicaine ( or whatever the spelling is) so their mouth would go numb, he can teach me, even though he quit his RN years ago cause it was putting a strain on the marriage to be a car salesman, since my mom worked day shift somewhere, I don't know, as I would've been at school.
Now, this is TEXAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

School -_- 11 years 8 months ago #35917

• isaactheman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm entering my Year as a s'more. Which means no prom to worry about. Yay!!!!!!!!
:woohoo: I get to play dogfight, COD zombies, and Halo Reach instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
In Beaumont, where I used to live I was active. Physically. I know. That's impossible now. Unless I play on the wii. You will never best me in Wii boxing, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.075 seconds