Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2298

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Guys, I'm disappointed that I always have to modify stuff so people don't abuse the system.

I mean, it's common sense and it hurts you otherwise. I'm talking now about letting players take off. In the past 3 days every time I log in,someone different is flying around the enemy airport and then shooting players before they take off.

Problem? Well, usually they are new people who just playing for the first or second time, after 2 minutes without any hope because usually the person doing this is a way higher rank, they leave the game and NEVER come back, writing reviews saying the game is boring.

I find myself alone on my team while this person flying is just collecting points. Obviously if they know who I am, they stop, but since I'm not always playing it's just bothers me that this person is not able to have some kind of manners towards players.

So what now? I'm forced to add an inmunity option for maybe 30 seconds after take off, or maybe just ban everyone that shoots me 2 times before i take off with a message that says "you are a jerk" or similar :P
you get the idea. let others have fun and you'll have fun. My idea of fun is not to login and leave myself alone on my side with no enemies playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, Dr Dave., yakuza, Biplane Fighter, TOPH, {O}__PREDATOR__

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2304

• Wat up dogfight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Be Respectful and be bountiful to others:);)
  • Thank you received: 24
Im a kind hearted person and i let them take off. And once they are in tge sky flying BOOOOMMM! THEY ARE DOWN :evil:
If you lose in the outside you win in the inside.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2344

• EXPLOSIVESTEEN
  • Thank you received: 4
Lol I only do that to people who destroy me all the time and I actually manage to shoot them down.XD but I think that being invincible on your runway only would be a good idea

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2346

• coolhandluke
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • "Death Before Dishonor"
  • Thank you received: 142
Z,
I think is a strategy of enemy suppression that should only be used by advanced players. I see your point and until it is resolved, I will cease until a decision is made. this applies to those who also honor the camper cease-fire.
You're doing great with the game, keep up the good work!
coolhandluke

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2347

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'm adding a 25 secs immunity to the next release.
Sometimes it's ok to kill someone while taking off, the problem is that the other day I logged in with one of my random accounts (you know, i don't only have zuperman since everybody already knows me :P)
and I literally watched 2 guys doing it for 10 minutes until all enemies just left the game... they just kept waiting for new ones to come in and there weren't allowed to even gain speed to leave the runway.

I was debating between demoting all the gaining points or not, but that wasn't going to solve the problem for the others i don't see.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2349

• salento
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60
I think less ammo on airplain is a better ide, becase if enemy got imuniti what to do when you gonna bomb the hangar or stop some who do.

Last edit: by salento.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2354

• beedee
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Bee Stings !
  • Thank you received: 7
Z,
it happens all the time both ways. Most of the major generals and top 50 players have mastered and mustered points with art. You can it ban the practice midway. I simply suggest that you put all nebies in a seperate room.

Its actually challenging when ur airport is under attck and u engage the enemy. Image a dual of 420 tryingto take off amd G trying to outwit her. It is what gameplay and dogfight is about.

I hope this doesnt rub you the wrong way.

B.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2355

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
beedee, i'm talking about when it's abused.
I've shot tons of people on the runway and I've been killed there many times fairly. The problem is imagine *420* and G on the same team flying over the airport at certain distance, just enough so that always someone is on top of the airport... no matter who is under there or their level, they would wipe out the enemy team for 10 minutes and they would quit playing.

Although *420 and G play fair and don't do it, on this past week I've seen a few people doing just that.

I wanted to put newbies on seperate rooms but it's not as easy as it looks so for now it's depending on the kindness of the players. From my experience, most people is kind but you only need a few rotten apples to ruin the game for everyone, so I usually have to enforce kindness somehow :/

At the end I decided the best way was giving some immunity when taking off, so at least they've gained some speed. 25 seconds seem fair, so they don't sit duck on the runway either.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2356

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Ok i'm going to do it partially for now and see how this work.
I'm going to release a fast 4.0.24 version with immunity for only 15 seconds and only for those who are newbies. So people with ranks lower than 5, will have the immunity, others won't.

At least it will allow the newbies to play and the more experienced to engage on combat. If I still see ton of people doing the round-up on airports for long times, i've just put the immunity back to everybody.

Joaquin

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2358

• Wat up dogfight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh.... I thought when i was goin to bomb and fighting threw all of them in my way. I saw an immunity sign on the players that tried to stop me and i thought they were lagging. Now i figured it out :lol:
About the hamers post i agree what if your like almost to the hangars and then a guy with the immunity stops youcuz u know he has an immunity for 15sec??

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2359

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
15 secs barely gives you time to take off and turn... so just don't go straight on them, it's suicidal :P
also the immunity is only for beginning levels which are still trying to get a handle on the game. You should be ok with these players since they are not that experienced yet, and more experienced players won't have the immunity.

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2360

• Wat up dogfight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LOL OK. So the immunity are only for ranks 5 and down and doesnt work fo the rank above 5 right?

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2362

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
in the old days when u could shoot while landed and they shot forward not up i would land and kill who ever respawned they did not care it was early times i even did it to gyshan 420 and z. oh i lost screens so i am sneaking this so u wont see me on till friday or saturday.
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Re: Let people take off 12 years 6 months ago #2363

• bizmart
  • Thank you received: 1
I Have no problem with immunity option. But I think,whenever they start shooting then they lose their immunity. What do you think????

Re: Let people take off 12 years 4 months ago #4457

• doon
  • Thank you received: 0
Bump.

Campers: The ruin of all good games. Not naming any names.

Please add immunity for all when taking off. Perhaps shorten to 10secs for those with higher ranks.

+1 on bizmarts comment.

BTW- It was great being on the same side with you, Achmed, when it was 5 to 2, but it sucked when I was on the other end of your tricks. LOL ;)

Re: Let people take off 12 years 4 months ago #4467

• ysmen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • SSSST.... it's my turn to kill you.
  • Thank you received: 12
Okay I will go look there too, also what about a tank because I shoot them so the air instead of air lol. :evil:
I watch it, and let them take off. :blush:

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18269

• [e]FlyMagic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DECEASED
  • Thank you received: 154

zuperman wrote: Guys, I'm disappointed that I always have to modify stuff so people don't abuse the system.

I mean, it's common sense and it hurts you otherwise. I'm talking now about letting players take off. In the past 3 days every time I log in,someone different is flying around the enemy airport and then shooting players before they take off.

Problem? Well, usually they are new people who just playing for the first or second time, after 2 minutes without any hope because usually the person doing this is a way higher rank, they leave the game and NEVER come back, writing reviews saying the game is boring.

I find myself alone on my team while this person flying is just collecting points. Obviously if they know who I am, they stop, but since I'm not always playing it's just bothers me that this person is
not able to have some kind of manners towards players.

This quote is from over 8 months ago. Things are getting better. But some still think it's best just to rack up points.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18274

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

zuperman wrote: beedee, i'm talking about when it's abused..

People will always use the possibilities the game gives them. Abuse can only be stopped by making physical changes.

And airplanes are not the main problem, they need time to turn and to get in a position to aim. Tank spawnkillers are the worst.

Absolute immunity while the brakes are on, and letting all planes start with the brakes on would help. You would also need a flashing sign to warn the pilot that their brakes are on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18283

• Chan the master
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • PlsDontShoot
  • Thank you received: 15
Something just told me that I think we shouldnt spawn kill :lol:
If you lose in the OUTSIDE, you will also lose in the INSIDE...I think

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18284

• [e]FlyMagic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DECEASED
  • Thank you received: 154
That was the idea. Pass the word.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18288

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
This is why I love this game. Superman actuallynplays and does something about these issues. I'm not gonna say I have never been guilty of this, but I do see the issue in doing it to new players. However I still do it to high levels but they usually end up getting in the air. Lets all work together and fix this amongst ourselves and save z some work.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18290

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Chan I know ur still going to spwn kill, so Is the rest of ur familly except for watup and hoop. When ever I spwn kill or anyone else planes usually get offf the ground. And there is a way to not get spawn kill figure it out, just like.many others we all went thru it. I got spwn killed as a noob too so just deal with it.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18350

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
I don't get spawn-killed much anymore. If someone is hanging around doing that, I just put on my brakes until he gets bored and leaves. Or if it's a game with incoming bombers, or I see a tank in the vicinity, I just leave the game. Occasionally a tank will get me just as I join a game (usually the dogfight scenario), but that's pretty rare.

Last edit: by [b]pluribus.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18352

• getatthisdude89
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
You can't look at it from your perspective bomer. True its better to just deal with it but from the business side of it a lot of people turn away from games if they don't enjoy themselves at first. Why not when you see it happening help the new Guy out and tech him to get away rather than rack up the cheap kills and potentially cause him to uninstall the game.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18355

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
If there's a problem, answer with white hot lead. ;)
See you in the skies!

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18361

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
Z,
i believe adding immunity is against the naturality of the game..a war is cruel, you cant let your enemy to take off and shoot you. however your approach is absolutely right,namely, to give an exception to the newbies for them not to be bored of the game because of being spawnkilled, but just for newbies. still, 25/15 seconds are so long i think..
for experienced pilots, they should be aware of avoiding spawnkill in a way. first rule is, you shouldnt let your enemy come so closer to your base, then there is no spawnkilling. if u cznt do that, i assume this like so, your base is under a shock attack, you get in your plane and have to take off and blow enemy up. if you cant do these (keeping the enemy far from base and avoiding spawnkill/bringing down the enemy), then you derserve to lose the game, and the opponents deserve to win. btw, its very fun to take off and rescue your base which is under attack.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18367

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

_eBu_ wrote: Z,
i believe adding immunity is against the naturality of the game..a war is cruel, you cant let your enemy to take off and shoot you. however your approach is absolutely right,namely, to give an exception to the newbies for them not to be bored of the game because of being spawnkilled, but just for newbies. still, 25/15 seconds are so long i think..
for experienced pilots, they should be aware of avoiding spawnkill in a way. first rule is, you shouldnt let your enemy come so closer to your base, then there is no spawnkilling. if u cznt do that, i assume this like so, your base is under a shock attack, you get in your plane and have to take off and blow enemy up. if you cant do these (keeping the enemy far from base and avoiding spawnkill/bringing down the enemy), then you derserve to lose the game, and the opponents deserve to win. btw, its very fun to take off and rescue your base which is under attack.

I kind of agree with this, which is why I say if your base, carrier, etc., is being spawnkilled, just leave the game or put your brakes on. No reason to let the enemy pilots rack up points, other than the 100 they'll get when they win.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18370

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Calvin u always leave when I get to ur base. And how are u going to do that is u cant get off the ground.

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18394

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
I do? Sorry, I'll make an effort to shoot you next time. ;) :)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomer1

Re: Let people take off 11 years 9 months ago #18408

• Chan the master
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • PlsDontShoot
  • Thank you received: 15
I DONT SPAWN KILL NOOBS OK...I SPAWN KILL PROS LIKE ME. I SPAWN KILL MYSELF :(
If you lose in the OUTSIDE, you will also lose in the INSIDE...I think