Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16297

• _eBu_
  • _eBu_'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 23
i had made the same comment under another topic but i want it to be discussed under a uniq topic, namely;
i have been playing the game for around 2 months, and everbody talks about this spawnkilling, and also almost all make this spawnkilling as it is the easiest way to get kills..as the designer of the game, designed the game as letting spawnkills, then why are we continuosly talking about it..
it doesnt seem ethic to me, i have never done it with a tank, and rarely do it with a plane, however i cant say anthing to these spawnkillers, cause it seems legal regarding the game physics.. if it is not legal, then why something is not being done for months while there are ways to stop it.. so, until sonthing is done to avoid it, it is legal i believe..what do you think so?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16307

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162

_eBu_ wrote: until sonthing is done to avoid it, it is legal i believe..what do you think so?

I agree with you. So long as the game permits it, it is difficult to say it's "illegal", and from an objective point of view you can't really blame those who do it.

Another question is what the players feel about it.

Some kinds of "spawnkilling" really destroy the game, and are seen as unethical by the players. Sitting in a tank at the airport and shooting planes the moment they appear is one of them.

It's unethical because the new or respawned players always appear in the same spot and are defenceless for many seconds.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16308

• _eBu_
thats right, the annoying part is spawnkilling with a tank..however when you think this is a war, it should not be limited anyway, i believe..i think either this should be announced as legal or smt to be done to finish this indefiniteness, cause altough i do not spawnkill with tank, i have a restlessness while making it by a plane..

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16310

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Immunity was originally designed to keep people from being spawnkilled. So, its not supposed to happen, but it does.

A long time ago, z posted a topic here "let players take off" which seems like hes banning spawnkilling, even if its not official.
See you in the skies!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16346

• Chan the master
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • PlsDontShoot
  • Thank you received: 15
Totally legal cuz I do it :)
If you lose in the OUTSIDE, you will also lose in the INSIDE...I think

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16353

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I do it too. people who complain about it, Do it back dont complain about it.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16355

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I do it from time to time.....when players do it to me...i just lol...no big deal

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16357

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I never rack up kills that way, but ive shot a few when i need to get thru to bomb. Tactics and points are different.
See you in the skies!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16362

• _eBu_
so it is legal :)

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16369

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
I never use a tank to camp and spawn kill, because it's obnoxious. I do love taking off sideways or escaping a spawnkiller by using retry-timing, and then swooping back over and riddling him with bullets. Big challenge to do it, very fulfilling to pull it off.

I often stick around after dropping a bomb on the enemy carrier or base (in Bomb Carrier or Bomb Airport) to shoot enemy planes, to "make a hole" for my teammates with bombs. This is not only strategic, it's often the only way for pilots of new or mid-level skill to get through. I am mid-level, and I appreciate this when someone does it for me. I don't often kill planes on the runway, because the timing is hard (for those who strategically time their reentry, HINT!), but once in a while, a non-immune tank is sitting pretty, so I shoot. Speaking of immune, another reason not to do runway kills is because they might be immune and you are putting yourself at risk if being shot when lining up for anyone, and immunes are a waste of time and risk.

Oh and if I am a tank and have made it to the enemy airport (in Bomb Airport), I may shoot a spawn to keep the air clear of enemies, bur my main focus is hangars baby!

I have certainly been a soldier on a carrier in Capture Carrier. This moves the meter, and you can kill enemy planes that land, and I'd you are good, shoot enemies in the air or on approach. These area all goals of the game. But I am rethinking this, since carrier soldiers are buggy in their visibility (I see flashes of names, then they disappear), and therefore have unfair advantage until the bug is fixed. Well, they are limited in bullets, so it's not overwhelmingly unfair, just somewhat unfair.

Manfred

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16370

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Sorry for typos. In second paragraph, I meant "non-immune rank", not "tank".
Manfred

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16371

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I CAN SEE YOU FROM MY BIRD'S EYE VIEW !!!
  • Thank you received: 20
Hello Manfred....you mentioned the "meter". Is that the lines under the chat bar? Would you mind explaining more about it. I've been wondering. Thanks.

WE FLY WITH HONOR, INTEGRITY, AND PRIDE !

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16379

• joshstewart
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
The meter moves in the direction of the team that is on the boat when one side getsboth meters over thay win each meters represents each ship that's how it works hopes this help

The official 111th Falcon Squadron Website:http://falcon.spruz.com/
quam multa de eis potest nos mori
(how many of them can we make die)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flymagic

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16384

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, i guess theres no OFFICIAL penalty against you if you do it. Slender kicks anyone he sees spawnkilling tho.
See you in the skies!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16390

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
I dont think he should if there is no rules against it, then its legal

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16396

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
It's just not HONORABLE, unless you are trying to get YOUR team in for a bombing run and even then, if it's someone new to the game, to continue to do it is LOW. Let them up & then show them your SKILL. It's as if you and I were playing poker, you wouldn't stand a chance! I've been a professional magician for over 30 years, and I can make the cards DANCE and you'd never know if or how I was doing it....but you'd be VERY unhsppy when I put all of YOUR $$ in MY pocket. You just wouldn't want to play any more. Just saying....

An avatar is how people are SEEN on the web. Mine will be an expression of what I SEE. I hope you enjoy!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16424

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Ur right about that. But he shouldn't ban them because its not illegal. And thats like abusing power.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16437

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Again, z HAS asked people to let them off the ground, and immunity was an attempt to enforce this.

Slender doesnt immediatly kick you. He warns a couple times, often to a result of "screw you, asshole", and THEN he kicks them. Lol, not that youd do that. You dont aim to get people PO'd at you.
See you in the skies!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16441

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
The best way to stop spawn killing is to not let the enemy get to your base were he can do it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomer1

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16471

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Thats wat I do

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16481

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
I think takeoff time is shorter? That would be great! All I'm asking for is a tiny little chance to get in air! Let lady luck and skill take it from there!

Your average pilot can not keep everyone from their base all the time. Even if you go in defense mode and guard your base a wave of enemy could come in and all they have to do is shoot you once then keep you on the ground with a spawn kill.
If your attacking their base and they set up spawning yours you can't get killed or you will spawn into a kill zone.

I'm not against it. I just want that sliver of hope that I can takeoff! It's more fun getting blasted trying to get into the air than sitting there on ground getting killed before you do anything.

Getting shot by a plane on the ground is not as bad it takes some skill for a moving plane to keep you down. A tank or soldier just sitting there waiting for you to spawn? Eh

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16484

• Flymagic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
In some ways I agree with you. However, Do a quick google search for tanks from world war 1 and you'll see what I'm talking about. besides, tanks throughout history have very seldom sat that close to anyone and fired them. Currently the way it is set up is more as a shooter game. It would add a whole new skill level to another aspect of the game.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bomer1

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16488

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes I do have a flying bias. I like being a tank in bomb the base! The soldier I'm trying to understand? When your in a game and people are just driving around in tanks or spawn killing with soldiers the flying part is less fun. I like taking out tanks when they are a threat in bomb the base. You can't see the soldier so you don't notice him until it's to late. I've only seen soldiers spawn killing on carrier? What else can they do?

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16489

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Exactly, kevy. I think that, while quicker takeoff would work, itd effect other things. I still want random placement inside friendly terriory. Think how cool itd be to spawn right on the side of a mountain!

Very true. Most pilots can keep more than one or two out. I got lucky today and got in a great game where i had to hold off 430, watup, and sam, and i did ok. Fought em away from my base, which was under attack, then kept em out for a while. Eventually got a teammate which killed the fun. ;) :P Most pilots, however, cant get ONE kill on any of them, let alone kill all of them and their chutes before getting blasted by a stray bullet.

Theres no way to defend against spawnkilling besides killing EVERYTHING. the only real counter is to do it yourself.
See you in the skies!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16494

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Was that me. anyway sry about spawn killing. And try to kill those spawn killer instead of leave the game. U get better. Ur good at head on but need practice at close combat, same goes for me. I am terrible at xlose combat.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16499

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Oh yeah, i try and kill em. If its a tank, i just leave. The reload on tanks got shortened to less than plane respawn, so theres really no point.

Yeah, i cant win a turning fight. Sometimes, if its a noob, they decide that i must have dissapeard cuz they havent seen me, straighten out, and i can blast em from behind with a quick two shots.

I really want sky to put a camera on a table and play a game, film himself. I wanna see how he can possible turn the way he does. Usually i only beat him by getting him long range. Hes not as good at distance yet, but hes getting too good for comfort. ;) :)
See you in the skies!

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16501

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The way the game is now I see no sense hanging around for a spawn killer unless it's a plane.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16544

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
Plane or a soldier spawn killing I got no problem with. And tanks dont spawn kill as much anymore.

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16556

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

bomer1 wrote: Was that me. anyway sry about spawn killing. And try to kill those spawn killer instead of leave the game. U get better. Ur good at head on but need practice at close combat, same goes for me. I am terrible at xlose combat.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah...

Whew, let me catch my breath...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...

Re: spawnkilling legal? 11 years 11 months ago #16557

• [b]pluribus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Oh yeah, i try and kill em. If its a tank, i just leave. The reload on tanks got shortened to less than plane respawn, so theres really no point.

Yeah, i cant win a turning fight. Sometimes, if its a noob, they decide that i must have dissapeard cuz they havent seen me, straighten out, and i can blast em from behind with a quick two shots.

I really want sky to put a camera on a table and play a game, film himself. I wanna see how he can possible turn the way he does. Usually i only beat him by getting him long range. Hes not as good at distance yet, but hes getting too good for comfort. ;) :)

Takes me about a quick two hundred shots, but I know what you mean.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds