• Page:

TOPIC:

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156561

• Tuck
  • Tuck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 434
I have several interests when not flying DF. First is aviation, specifically military avaition, specifically fighters, specifically the mighty F-16, all blocks. Second is 1966-1977 Ford Broncos (I have a 72 half cab & a 73 wagon). Third is guns, although I can't afford all that I want. I saw in the official thread that some of you also enjoy weapons, so here you go.

I built an AR-15, but since I already had one, I ended up trading it for the Springfield 1911A1 below. I would've been very happy with a GI 45, but they're pricey these days for what you get. This is a Range Officer model...comes with a match grade barrel & is meant to be an entry level competition gun. I've always wanted a 1911 & I must say, it's sweet. I like it better than my Glock, but I wouldn't want to carry a full size 1911 regularly. While it isn't vintage, the rifle below it is.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]coop, [*M]bzerkbzerk, [*M]VonHuLK, TXLAWMAN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156574

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Ah, one of my weak points. Here lately I've gotten the bug.

The smallest one is a Taurus 380( the one I carry daily )
The big automatic, KelTec PMR 30, my favorite. It fires 22mags. And holds 30 rounds in the clip.(it will shoot through a phone book)
The medium automatic, is an old Italian 1977 Astra a70. 9mm shoots like a dream.
The Revolver, is an old Falcon 22cal. Made in East Germany. Not sure of the year

ALL IN 100%
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156575

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
I need to post mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156577

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • War. Terrible war. The only true human constant.
  • Thank you received: 1274
my small collection: Kentucky Long Rifle Muzzleloader, Gewehr 98 (my grandfather brought it home from Japan, strange right?), m1 .30cal carbine, my grandfathers 1911 from his service in WWII, and a basic 12 guage Mossburg shotgun for hunting. I also own a custom traditional recurve bow that I hunt with as well. Good topic Tuck.
What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace, and sanity.

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156578

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
This is cool. I'll get some pics together and post here soon

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156579

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am POW/MIA, but I shall return!
  • Thank you received: 412
Those are cool, Von Hulk. You have interesting tastes! :)
I SHALL RETURN!

The Congress has declared war on Dogfight. Watch out... Congress is in Session!!

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156581

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
But Congress, you don't like guns. You keep trying to ban them...

:cheer: .... :) .... :huh: ..... nothing to see here....:whistle: Sorry, but come on the pun was right there!

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156582

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am POW/MIA, but I shall return!
  • Thank you received: 412
You little.... But you are correct. LOL :lol:
I SHALL RETURN!

The Congress has declared war on Dogfight. Watch out... Congress is in Session!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, The War Doctor

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156586

• Tuck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[m]The Doctor wrote: my small collection: Kentucky Long Rifle Muzzleloader, Gewehr 98 (my grandfather brought it home from Japan, strange right?), m1 .30cal carbine, my grandfathers 1911 from his service in WWII, and a basic 12 guage Mossburg shotgun for hunting. I also own a custom traditional recurve bow that I hunt with as well. Good topic Tuck.

TY. I think my Garand is hands down the most comfortable rifle I've ever held. I love the ping after #8 too & I actually enjoy it more than my Stag 2 tactical AR-15. I also have a Taurus 92, Glock 19, Ruger 10/22, & a Ward's .22 rifle circa 1938-39. BTW, I live in Florida...

Hulk, I've fired a Keltec like that...very accurate. I want a cowboy revolver one day, but in something bigger than .22.

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156616

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
My guns are boring. Just a .40, .45, ar15, .308, 9mm, and 12g.

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156763

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
I've got a lot of interesting stuff, but apparently not a lot of pics. I'll try to round some up over the weekend. Besides a lot of family guns, purpose bought guns (specific applications in mind) and black powder, I have a half finished military collection, which led me to build competition ARs and three gun, so here are a few of those...

Here's a longrifle, a predator set up, Leupold AR on a bull barrel, bipod and monopod, adjustable stock, Timney trigger. Laser bored, but unfired as of yet.

Recreation of my OIF II carbine, most of the gun except the lower was actually assembled on one of uncle sam's lowers in Iraq. Lots of custom adds on this one.

another Iraq set up, with Mark IV Leupold CQT. Best all around optic for medium distance and CQB. Not a "scope" for long distance engagement, but very good for utility rifle work.

This Gun's For Hire

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156793

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tuck wrote:

[m]The Doctor wrote: my small collection: Kentucky Long Rifle Muzzleloader, Gewehr 98 (my grandfather brought it home from Japan, strange right?), m1 .30cal carbine, my grandfathers 1911 from his service in WWII, and a basic 12 guage Mossburg shotgun for hunting. I also own a custom traditional recurve bow that I hunt with as well. Good topic Tuck.

TY. I think my Garand is hands down the most comfortable rifle I've ever held. I love the ping after #8 too & I actually enjoy it more than my Stag 2 tactical AR-15. I also have a Taurus 92, Glock 19, Ruger 10/22, & a Ward's .22 rifle circa 1938-39. BTW, I live in Florida...

Hulk, I've fired a Keltec like that...very accurate. I want a cowboy revolver one day, but in something bigger than .22.

My Carbine is just a blast to shoot. Little recoil and fast firing. I wish I had a Garand, but I don't have the money to get one. I'd also love to get my hands of the AR-15 and a Remington .44 rifle (legal hunting rifle in Indiana). The Gewehr 98 is also a heck of a gun, but I can't shoot that to long, busts up my shoulder after a while.

P.S. I forgot to mention I've also got a Mosin-Nagant in my collection. It's just like the Gewehr, but it's like new, refurbished, and more Russian-y.

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #156847

• Tuck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Very nice, Longrifle. I'd like to trick my AR more, but the Broncos eat a heck of lot of money, especially the project. I should've built a Jeep because they're so much cheaper, but they lack the character & capability of a Bronco. Anyway, I'm not sure what my next gun will be, maybe a shotgun before anything else.

I considered trigger work on my 1911, but honestly, I like the pistol so much as is I'll probably leave it alone. A lot of people complain about the big blade rear sight on Range Officer models, but I don't mind it since it's not really for carry.

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #158281

• Tuck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Holy smokes! Bass Pro had .22lr today. Limit 1 500 round box. I can't believe it. Who wants to buy it for $100???

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #158758

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is a pic of my CAS battery. 2 Ruger Vaqueros in 45 colt, a Navy Arms 1892 in 45 colt, a Remington Baikal 12 gauge coach gun, an a Remington pattern derringer in 38 special. All but the derringer have some work done so they will run smooth. The derringer is only for side matches and all it has to do is shoot once a match.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
Attachments:

Weapons 10 years 2 months ago #158761

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is my old Winchester model 97 12 gauge pump. Unique feature is the hammer. This one was manufactured in 1932. And still runs like a dream. These shotguns gained fame in WW1 with an 18 inch barrel, sling swivels and a bayonet lug. It was called the trench gun, and because there is no trigger disconnect an infantryman could drop into a trench and unload 3 rounds each way as fast as he could work the pump. Didn't happen often but often enough that the Germans, those lovable nuts who brought mustard gas to the battlefield filed a Geneva Convention protest over its use!

(.Y.)
Attachments:

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161645

• [*M]coop
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Sua Sponte"
  • Thank you received: 2949
Cant seem to get pic to post nevermind..lol

I also have a Colt Delta Elite 10mm,Sig P226 9MM and P229 in .357sig, 2 Colt Peacemakers in 45 long colt and a H&K Socom in 45 cal and a few old .303 Enfields and M1 Carbine .30 cal
The Above SOPMODM4 Carbine 14" 7:1 TWIST Suppressed Less 30db 5.56mm ,ACOG 4X Sight and Colt LE901 AR-15 in 7.62 x 54R
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, Weather[*M]an

Last edit: by [*M]coop.

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161678

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

T.R. wrote: Here is my old Winchester model 97 12 gauge pump. Unique feature is the hammer. This one was manufactured in 1932. And still runs like a dream. These shotguns gained fame in WW1 with an 18 inch barrel, sling swivels and a bayonet lug. It was called the trench gun, and because there is no trigger disconnect an infantryman could drop into a trench and unload 3 rounds each way as fast as he could work the pump. Didn't happen often but often enough that the Germans, those lovable nuts who brought mustard gas to the battlefield filed a Geneva Convention protest over its use!

I've got one of those old 97's. It was my great grandfathers. I have a picture of him circa 1915 standing with one foot up on a rock, pipe, collar turned up, planter's hat tilted back, trying to look like a rogue with his trusty (then nearly new) Model 1897 that dates to 1902 production. I also have a modified barrel for it to supplement the matching full choked tube.

Then:

Now, from the insurance pic:

The model 12 above it was my grandfather's. From the 30's:
This Gun's For Hire

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161679

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Longrifle wrote:

T.R. wrote: Here is my old Winchester model 97 12 gauge pump. Unique feature is the hammer. This one was manufactured in 1932. And still runs like a dream. These shotguns gained fame in WW1 with an 18 inch barrel, sling swivels and a bayonet lug. It was called the trench gun, and because there is no trigger disconnect an infantryman could drop into a trench and unload 3 rounds each way as fast as he could work the pump. Didn't happen often but often enough that the Germans, those lovable nuts who brought mustard gas to the battlefield filed a Geneva Convention protest over its use!

I've got one of those old 97's. It was my great grandfathers. I have a picture of him circa 1915 standing with one foot up on a rock, pipe, collar turned up, planter's hat tilted back, trying to look like a rogue with his trusty (then nearly new) Model 1897 that dates to 1902 production. I also have a modified barrel for it to supplement the matching full choked tube.

Then:

Now, from the insurance pic:

The model 12 above it was my grandfather's. From the 30's:

Cool! Those old guys could either be outlaws or lawmen depending on how you view the pics. They had more style than ode rn pics I think. My old 97 was a pawnshop rescue. Paid 200.00 for it. Been wanting to get an 18 " barrel for it from brownells and use it in a CAS match but haven't done it yet.

(.Y.)

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161681

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Outlaws or Lawmen? Let's just say they were closer to one than the other and leave it at that.

Her's some blackpoweder rifles, though the pics are not great. Hard to take pictures of five or six foot guns.

45 Cal Match rifle, Sharon rifle, Lyman Peeps

1863 Springfield

1884 Trapdoor

And my newest addition to the stable, a recon carbine. You have to use your imagination a little bit at this stage...
This Gun's For Hire

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161683

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Got a little more to go on the carbine! Got two cap lock rifles i built that I'll post later. A Kentucky replica and a Springfield hawker. The Kentucky is the best shooter I have of all my old guns.

(.Y.)

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161739

• Tuck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I like weapons that are unique. You guys' vintage stuff is great. Nice AR platforms too.

Being the master romancer, I put the wife through a gun course so she can get her CCW...my Valentines Day gift. I was thinking a little .380 for purse carry. I don't care for ultra tiny pistols, but she has small hands & one would work ok. Father-in-law has a Ruger LCP...cheap, but I don't like it. I came across a Glock 42, .380, & thought it might work. $479, but wait, if you buy in the next 20 minutes, cause you know they cant do that all day, LE/mil pricing was $329. Can't beat that, right? Well, she did. She held Sig's 238 & 938 & it was love at first dry fire, especially with the ergo grip & extended mag. They're only twice the price of the 42...what a steal! I've seen some priced over $700...I can get a low rent 1911 for that, or a high end one if I don't ask questions. She has trouble racking some autos & the 42 was no different. The Sig, OTOH, was easy. It fits & she likes it, so I guess I'll break down & get the 938 (9mm)...can't justify $600+ for a .380. I may get the 42 too since the price is right...maybe a 6 month wait for the LE deal anyway.

I have to wait because a guy was nice enough to open his door into my car as I backed into a spot 2 days ago. Since it's going to the body shop, I'm also having them replace the bumper cover that my daughter smashed for a slight extravagant fee.

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161743

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

Beautiful weapons on here. I am a Sig snob. My Sig has rode my hip for the last 15+ years. I'll post pics when I can. I do love to shoot. My first gun was a stainless Berretta 92FS in 9mm. You guessed it, Lethal Weapon was the big movie franchise of the time. I have 2 Sig P226's in .357sig (if one is awesome get two in case you need a spare! :cheer: ) I have a new Sig P224 in .357sig. I also carry a Rock River UTE AR-15 as a patrol rifle. I was fortunate to get it before their QC went down the toilet. Like I said, I'll post pics later on.

RIP CRAZYWOLF

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161752

• [*M]coop
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Sua Sponte"
  • Thank you received: 2949

TXLAWMAN wrote: Beautiful weapons on here. I am a Sig snob. My Sig has rode my hip for the last 15+ years. I'll post pics when I can. I do love to shoot. My first gun was a stainless Berretta 92FS in 9mm. You guessed it, Lethal Weapon was the big movie franchise of the time. I have 2 Sig P226's in .357sig (if one is awesome get two in case you need a spare! :cheer: ) I have a new Sig P224 in .357sig. I also carry a Rock River UTE AR-15 as a patrol rifle. I was fortunate to get it before their QC went down the toilet. Like I said, I'll post pics later on.

Indeed Sig makes a very nice sidearm and in .357sig you will not go wrong hands down my favorite pistol caliber.I shoot my 226 and 229 more than any othe pistol I own just flat out smooth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161770

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
Got a Canadian centennial model 30-30 i will post pics of later. Shoots like a dream. Used to have the American model given to my dad by a Texas Ranger, but he sold it :( . Wish i still had that one. Had that sweet octagonal barrel on it. Anyway ill take shots of my stuff and post them later. I think y'all will enjoy my modest collection.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161780

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Weather[M]an wrote: Got a Canadian centennial model 30-30 i will post pics of later. Shoots like a dream. Used to have the American model given to my dad by a Texas Ranger, but he sold it :( . Wish i still had that one. Had that sweet octagonal barrel on it. Anyway ill take shots of my stuff and post them later. I think y'all will enjoy my modest collection.

I have sold and traded only a couple over the years and but every one i let go of I wish I had back. And still want to have the ones I got in return as well. If I didn't keep some kind check on my wants I would have enough steel around here to build a tank.

(.Y.)

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #161854

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Here's one you should remember...

You was on it what, 3 weeks before you stopped falling off? :P
I could care....But I dont
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]VonHuLK

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #164444

• Tuck
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The deed is done. I used my break from the game to attend a gun show today. Walked out with a scope for my 10/22 & my wife walked out with this little Sig P938 blackout (liked it better than the "lady"--red frame with engraving on a black slide). Lots of features for a sub compact...ergo grips, extended mag, & night sights, & it's really a baby 1911. Going to the range tomorrow to see how it shoots. Lots of reloads with a 7 round mag, so I had to get her a Lula too. Went to Walmart & scored a couple of 250 round boxes of 9mm target ammo, so we're set!

Attachments:

Last edit: by Tuck.

Weapons 10 years 1 month ago #164627

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Nice Tuck. I got one of these for a carry gun, as its action and features mimic the M-9 that I carried long enough to disassemble in my sleep.

But I found I don't like carrying it much. I think I'm going to carry this instead:

It makes my pants sag a little with the weight, but hides nicely with the side folder, and now I can hit something at 200 yards whereas those tiny guns seem to bottom out at 50 or so.
This Gun's For Hire

Weapons 9 years 11 months ago #178391

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bump

(.Y.)

• Page:
Moderators: [*M]bhfoust[*M]bzerkbzerk[*M]TBUILT[M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1[*M]Comet
Time to create page: 0.753 seconds